Book 1: Keeping It In The Fam...

By justsochelsea

Finn is still alive, but their parents aren't. Finn and Kurt are helping each other out by raising their litt... More

Rose Audra Hudson-Hummel Backstory
Chapter 1 - Flashback
Chapter 2 - Tryouts
Chapter 3: 2 Against 1
Chapter 4: The Little Runaway
Chapter 5: Sara Meets Sam
Chapter 7: Audition Take Two
Chapter 8: In Heaven Now
Chapter 9: Double Date
Chapter 10: Make It Right Between Us
Chapter 11: Duets
Bonus Chapter: #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Chapter 12: Cheaters Never Cheat
Chapter 13: What Hurts The Most
Chapter 14: The Bad Word
Chapter 15: Get Out of Jail Free Card
Chapter 16: He's Back...
Chapter 17: Forgivness Project
Chapter 18: Ryan's Audition
Chapter 19: The Truth is Out
Chapter 20: A Bad Night
Chapter 21: The Third Wheel
Chapter 22: Sarah Quits
Chapter 23: Anniversary
Chapter 24: Sectional Let's Do This!
Chapter 25: A Very Glee Christmas
Chapter 26: The Sue Slyvester Shuffle
Chapter 27: Silly Love Songs
Chapter 28: Blame It On The Alcohol
Chapter 29: Sexy
Chapter 30: Original Songs
Chapter 32: Born This Way
Chapter 33: Rumors
Chapter 34: Prom Night
Chapter 35: Hard to Say Goodbye
Chapter 36: New York (part 1)
Chapter 37: New York (part 2)
Epilogue

Chapter 31: A Night of Neglect

167 1 0
By justsochelsea

Chapter 31:
Mr. Schu put a math problem on the board and Rose raise her hand and said.

Rose: Mr. Schue... why are you putting a math problem on the board I thought this was music?
Mr. Schue: (looks over at Finn)
Finn: (shrugs shoulder) math isn't her strongest subject in class

Mr. Schuester suggests that the Glee Club should sell saltwater taffy to make money for them to go to Nationals, since Sue has hidden the Cheerios' funds (which were supposed to go to Glee Club once the Cheerios lost their chance at Nationals) in offshore accounts where Will can't access them.

The Glee kids shoot down his idea, complaining that they can't possibly sell enough candy since, despite winning Regionals, they are still at the bottom of the social status quo at McKinley.

Disheartened by the selfish attitude of the glee club members, Mike reveals that he, Tina, Artie and Brittany (who they bribed with dots) are in the finals for the Academic Decathlon TV show "Smarty Pants" but their club, The Brainiacs, can't afford to go, so Mr. Schue formulates a plan to raise money for them as well.

Sue recruits Sandy Ryerson, Dustin Goolsby and Terri Del Monico (formerly Schuester) into her 'League of Doom', (Although Sandy Ryerson thinks that it is called 'League of Evil') a group whose sole purpose is to destroy the Glee Club. She gives them each code names "The Pink Dagger", "Sergeant Handsome" and the "Honey Badger" respectively and pagers so that she (as the leader "General Zod") can contact them for missions as needed.

Holly and Will discuss the Glee Club and Brainiacs fundraising troubles while on a date but Holly thinks his idea is terrible. She blames Terri for crushing Will's dreams and thinks they should hold a benefit concert, titled '‎A Night of Neglect' comparing the situation to a "sad disease." Will loves the idea and tells the glee club members that they will only do songs by neglected artists. The Glee kids take this to mean artists that are underappreciated in the music industry as a whole and by the Glee club's choice of artists so far. Will further explains that a neglected artist is "someone whose brilliance isn't always appreciated." Rachel chimes "oh you mean someone like me" to which Will rebuffs "I mean like all of us."

Sue hears about the benefit and hands out her first missions. Dustin is to break up Will and Holly and Sandy is to destroy the Night of Neglect by heckling the kids until they quit. Sandy (with direction from Sue) organizes a new club, the 'Heckling Club' and recruits Jacob, Azimio and Becky into it with their first club activity taking place during the Night of Neglect.

Glee Club members are deciding on their performances for the benefit. Tina announces she will perform a song by Lykke Li, Mike decides to put on a dance number and Rose will perform a number by Aretha Franklin, since they haven't done any of her songs to date. Rachel is determined to perform the closing number My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. When the group questions her about her choice, she says the neglected artist she is honoring is herself. When Rose brings up the fact that she wanted to do the closing number, it looks like there could be an argument about it, but Finn runs in to interrupt their argument and announce Sunshine is back.

Sunshine comes to McKinley's auditorium after hearing about the benefit concert on Facebook and wants to perform All By Myself. However most of New Directions object, calling her a spy, until Sunshine mentions she can get all 600 of her Twitter followers to come. Rachel is still opposed to Sunshine but everyone else agrees she should be allowed.

Rachel corners Rose into taking a middle slot in the performing roster and she doesn't object. Lauren thinks that Rose is neglected only because she lets people walk all over her. Lauren suggests to Rose to demand the respect she deserves and offers her, her skills as a manager for a ten percent cut of whatever they can ask for.

Will finds Emma trying to clean up; her OCD has gotten worse since Carl left her. Will offers to be there for Emma as a friend, to help her get better. Holly is supposed to meet with Will for lunch but oversees the moment and is jealous so she skips their lunch date. This is compounded by the fact that she is currently Emma's therapist and hears how much she is still in love with Will.

Finn and Quinn approach Rachel about their problems with Rose' new demands, which include a small barrel of red M&Ms, a room full of humidifiers and a fresh puppy on which to dry her hands. Rachel, while upset at them flaunting their new relationship in her face, agrees to resolve the problem. She says stars make demands because they cannot help themselves, they need to feel appreciated and respected. Rachel then takes on the task of seeing to Rose' needs and making sure she is happy.

Holly has another of her infamous lessons in History class (this time about supposed hermaphrodite and Nazi sympathizer Wallis Simpson). Dustin stops by and attempts to flirt with Holly but Will overhears and threatens to knock his teeth out, whereby Dustin slips away. Will and Holly argue, but agree not to have a silly fight over jealousy. Will accuses Holly of not showing up for their lunch date and Holly explains what she saw. Holly, still upset, says she doesn't want to practice their duet for the benefit and deflects a kiss on the cheek from Will.

Rachel shows Rose and Lauren how she has made efforts to meet Rose' demands and when they find out Sunshine will be closing the Night of Neglect, Rose makes a new demand - to be carried onto the stage on the night of the benefit like her fellow artists (Celine's Wedding, Cher's Comeback Tour, Gaga at the Grammys). Rachel, confused asks whether Rose means she wants to be carried onto the stage in a giant egg to which Lauren replies "We'll get back to you."

On the day of the benefit concert, Kurt shows Blaine around the school with a sad expression on his face. As Blaine points out that Kurt misses McKinley, Dave Karofsky shows up and insults them. After some homophobic comments, Blaine gets angry and points out Dave's hypocrisy. Dave calls Blaine an insulting name and he instinctively gives Dave a shove. Kurt stands by comfortable with having Blaine defending him. Dave shoves him back. Kurt calls Dave a "coward when it comes to the truth," Santana jumps in curious to find out more. Dave tells her, referring to her as "J-Lo," it's none of her business and Santana rips into him as revenge for tossing that slushie in her "grill." Blaine points out that he and Kurt could have handled themselves but Santana simply smiles and says "It was more fun doing it together." Kurt smiles, appreciating the defense and show of strength in friendship still held with his Glee girls. Santana then gets a Twitter update on her phone and rushes off; Sunshine and her 600 Twitter followers aren't coming anymore to the benefit because of Dustin's orders. The benefit now have only 6 people in the audience (Kurt, Blaine, Sandy, Azimio, Becky and Jacob) but the show must go on.

Tina performs first with I Follow Rivers but was cut short when she ran off the stage after being heckled off by the Heckling Club and cries for over an hour. Artie suggests canceling the benefit but Will encourages them to keep going because it's a good practice for Nationals. They decide to give the hecklers the salt water taffy (specifically Quinn, using it as a minor bribe to vote for her for Prom Queen). Mike's dance performance to Jack Johnson's Bubble Toes is a hit, as the taffy keeps the Heckling Club quiet.

As New Directions wonders what to do next with the Heckling Club, Will suggests they will simply have to leave them in awe of their terrific performances, so there will be nothing to heckle about. He looks for Rose but she had left the benefit after how she has been treated. The Glee Club is sent to find her, while Holly decides that she will handle the hecklers. She pulls them into the library and tells them how bad heckling makes people feel and offers them the chance to turn it around and do something good. They all decide to leave the benefit instead.

Rachel catches up to Rose and attempts to persuade her to come back. Rachel finds her in Finn's truck and told her to open up since it was pouring rain outside, she finally does.

They discuss the way Rachel gets all the best solos, despite Rose' obviously equal talent. Rachel suggests that the reason is that there is nothing she personally will stop at to achieve stardom (which she admits isn't necessarily a good trait) but if Rose wants the spotlight, she needs to go in there and take it from Rachel.

After intermission everyone returns and Blaine makes a snide comment to Sandy "You're a really horrible person, you know that?" while Kurt nudges him back to their seats.

Sue pulls Sandy away during the intermission and gets angry at him for letting the Heckling Club leave while he was practicing catchphrases in the girls' bathroom.

Meanwhile Holly performs Adele's emotional hit Turning Tables as Will watches.

Back in the choir room Rachel said that she has tried everything to convince Rose but she just wouldn't come out. So Rachel told them that she has go warm up, since Rose didn't feel like singing.

Quinn: (gets up) Lauren you're her manager, why don't you do something
Lauren: I see my client Hudson-Hummel isn't picking up her phone
Finn: (holds it up) that's because I have it right here
Rose: (sighs and enter the choir room) I'm fine
Finn: wait shouldn't one of us be caring you in
Rose: oh right uh.., here you're keys (toss it to him)
Finn: (catches it) what the how did get my keys?
Rose: (shrugs shoulder) wasn't that hard
Finn: by the way you left your phone (holds it up)
Rose: (bites bottom lip and takes it from him) thanks
Finn: will talk about why you didn't take your phone with you later
Rose: can't wait *roll eyes* (to the glee club) I'm sorry for the way I acted to you guys. I was being selfish and only thinking of myself
Quinn: (smile) it's okay Rose
Rose: but I do have one more demand. I demand that all you get you're buts out their and watch me sing

They all smile and clapped for her and Finn kiss the top of her forehead and told her she was proud of her which made her smile.

At the auditorium Sam comes up to mic and says.

Sam: and now ladies and gentlemen Miss. Rose Hudson Hummel

The curtains open as Sam takes his seat next to Santana in the crowd and the music started playing and one of them said from the crowd.

???: oh dear god I love this song

Rose:
Ain't no way for me to love you,
if you won't let me.
It ain't no way for me to give you all you need,

Rose was singing this for Ryan because in her head she was singing to him because of how much she misses him and from their past relationship.

if you won't let me give all of me.
I know that a woman's duty is to help and love a man,
and that's the way it was planned.
Oh, but how can I, how can I, how can I
give you all the things I can,
if you're tying both of my hands?

Kurt gave her a smile from the crowd and she smiles as she sings.

Rose:
Oh, it ain't no way (ain't no way).
It ain't no way (ain't no way).
It just ain't no way, baby (ain't no way).
Ain't no way baby (ain't no way).
It ain't no way for me to love you,
if you won't let me.

Stop trying to be someone you're not.
How cold and cruel is a man
who pay too much for what he got?
And if you need me to love you, say, say you do.
Oh, then baby, baby, baby don't you know that
I need you.
Oh, Oh, it ain't no way.
I'll tell you that it ain't no way,
It ain't no way.
It ain't no way, baby, no.
It just ain't no way.
It sure ain't no way
It ain't no way for me to love you,
if you won't let me

Rose had tears in her eyes as she smiles when everyone clapped for her and hollered. She bowed with a smile before walking out stage over to Rachel and gave her a hug.

Rose: alright girl I did a closing number, go out now
Rachel: are you kidding me? Nobody could out that, the house has been brought down, that was the closing number

Rose smiles at Rachel and the two hug. And walk out to meet up with everybody.

After the show ends, Holly comes out of a janitor's closet (a.k.a. her office thanks to Figgins) and reveals to Will she got a 4 month job teaching French in Cleveland. When Will points out that this will be the end of their relationship, Holly reminds him of her commitment issues and tells Will about Emma. Holly has been counseling Emma and she still loves Will. Just before Holly leaves, she agrees to Will's request that one day she will be back with, "I thought you'd never ask."

When Will gets back to the choir room, New Directions is joined by Sandy who has decided to use his drug money to fund their trip to Nationals and the Brainiacs' trip.

Tina, Mike, Brittany, Artie cheered from their seats and thank Rose. She smile from her seat and Finn put his arm around her and kiss her on the cheek and told her again that she was proud of her making her smile go big.

Meanwhile, Sue calls the League of Doom together and deems them a failure. Sandy supported the benefit while Dustin wasn't the one to break up Holly and Will. Disappointed with the two men's efforts, Sue turns to "Honey Badger" saying that her time has come.

Finn and Kurt decide to take Rose to dinner tonight for her amazing job at the benefit with Quinn and Blaine and Sara. They all had good time and Rose was so happy that she was happy that her brothers were proud of her tonight.

At the Brainiacs' tournament, the scores are tied at 124, when the final questions come up. The category: Hermaphrodite Nazi Sympathizers. Artie and Brittany smile at each other - they have this in the bag.

Chapter End Notes:
So Mercedes is replace by Rose instead since this story is about Rose. The next episode is Born This Way another one of my favorite episode in season 2 :D Enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906K 20.7K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
3.2K 77 27
Things are going pretty well for the Reagan family. They all have steady careers, whether as police officers, nurses, attorneys, or even students. Th...
186K 4.6K 20
Thanks to the efforts of the future foundation and the survivors of the killing school life, Junko Enoshima's despair has greatly weakened. But one l...
1.1M 26.7K 29
Perfect. That's what Nora thought of her life at this moment. She was dating the lead singer of a famous boy band, which just so happened to be her...