Kids who lived

By JokersApprentice

James Remus Black and Harry James Potter were born to the parents of Sirius Black, Rose Evans, James Potter a... More

Kids who lived
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 2

151 3 1
By JokersApprentice

Hope you enjoy

I know you want uploads on the other books

I'm witing for inspiration

If you like short love stories read Late Summer Rain

It's really sad, I cried

Love you

Tik

Comment 

Vote

Fan

<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<_

Green light. Evil laugh. Womans scream.

I awoke the next morning to see Hagrid sprawled ungracefully on the couch and Harry was hugging the sleeve of Hagrids coat, drooling.

I chuckled as he drifted into reality at the sound of a pecking on the dusty window of the old shack. I opened it up and a small tawny owl flew in carrying a newspaper. Harry removed the paper but it kept pecking him.

"Pay him" Hagrid said drowsily.

"What?" I asked amused by the scene.

"Look in the pockets" he grumbled

I searched the pockets seeing slug repellent, keys, mothballs, teabags.. and finally a handful of strange coins.

"Give him five knuts" Hagrid said.

I snickered and Harry asked, "Knuts?"

"The 'ittle bronze uns" he said.

I counted them out and put them in the small leather pouch tied to the owls ankle. the biird then flew off through the open window.

Hagrid yawned loudly and stretched.

"Best be off, gotta go to London to get ya school stuff." He stated 

Hagrid began to pull on his boots, " but we haven't got any money" Harry said glumly. I began to feel down, what if we couldn't go?

"You don't think your parents left ya wif nuthin, they kept some money in the bank" he said

"Wizards have banks" Harry asked stupidly, I face palmed and shook my head.

"Just one, Gringotts. Run by goblins" Hagrid continued putting on his jacket.

"Goblins" I asked.

"Yep, you'd have to be crazy to rob it. Never mess with goblins. Safest place in the world, Gringotts except for maybe Hogwarts.

"I gotta go to Gringotts anyway, special business for Dumbledore" He drew himself up proudly. "He usually get's me to fetch important stuff. He trusts me, you see" 

We followed Hagrid out side and led us down to the boat.

"How did you get here" Harry asked

"Flew" I again chuckled at the image of Hagrid flying with his pink umbrella.

We settled down in the boats and Hagrid muttered something to Harry and tapped the side of the boat twice before it began to row itself.

"Why would you have to be crazy to rob Gringotts" I asked interested.

"Spells, enchantments," he opened the newspaper," Dragon's and it's hundreds of miles under London. You'd die of hunger tryin to find ya way round."

I stole a peak at the front of the paper. The Daily Prophet was fronted with a story about the ministry of magic.

"Theres a ministry of magic" Harry asked before he could stop himself.

"Course there is, they wanted Dumbldore as minister, course, he'd never leave Hogwarts. They got old Cornelius Fudge for the job. Doesn't know what he's doin, pelts Dumbledore with owls every mornin askin for advice." Hagrid shook his large head and read on.

Soon the small boat hit the banks and we clambered out. Well they did I stumled after tripping over a piece of wood in the boat.

Everyone stared at us wierdly 1 because Hagrid was twice as tall as a normal man and 2 he kept pointing at normal objects like parking metres and saying, "See that, things muggles dream up".

"So theres dragons at Gringotts" I asked excited.

"Yep, crikey I want one" he said

"You want one" Harry asked

"Wanted one since I was a kid, here we got" 

We had reached the station. Hagrid gave us the money and we bought tickets for the train in five minutes.

Yet again more people stared as we entered the train and Hagrid started kntting. I stifled laughter when I saw the canary yellow material.

"Still got yer letters" he asked counting the stitches.

I brought out both our letters from my pocket and handed Harry his.

"Good" he confirmed. "Theres a list of everything you need". We both looked the list over.

"Can we buy all this in London" Harry asked in amazement.

"If yer know where to go" Hagrid confirmed.

We had never been to London but Hagrid seemed to know where to go. He complained when he got stuck in the ticket turn stile in the station he kept saying the seats were to small and the trains were to slow.

"I don't know how muggles manage without magic" as we climbed a broken escalator.

Hagrids size made it so the crowd parted easily making it simple to follow him. We walked for a while all lost in our own thoughts.

"This is it," Hagrid came to a halt, "the Leaky Cauldron. It's a famous place" It was a tiny shabby looking pub. If Hagrid had'nt have pointed it out, I would'nt have noticed it, passerbys seemed to not notice it either.

The inside was dark and grubby. A few old women sat in a corner, were drinking glasses of sherry, one of them smoking a long pipe. A small man with a top hat sat talking to the barman, who was bald.

The low buzz of chatter stopped when they entered. Everyone seemed to know Hagrid, they waved and smiled at him and the bartender reached for a glass saying, " the usual Hagrid"

"Can't sorry Tom, I'm on Hogwarts business," Hagrid turned gesturing to Harry and I.

"Good lord" the bartender stated ogling at us, "is this-- can it be--" The Leaky Caldron suddenly became still and silent.

"Bless my soul," he whispered, "Harry Potter and James Black, what an honour" He hurried out from behind the bar and walked towards us seizing our hands, tears in his eyes.

"Welcome back, Mr. Potter, Ms. Black, welcome back."

I we sat there speechless as everyone stared at us. The woman with the pipe sat puffing without aknowledgeing it had gone out. Hagrid was beaming.

There was a great scrape of chairs as everyone rushed to shake our hands.

"Doris Crockford, Mr. Potter, Ms. Black, can't believe I'm meeting you at last." 

"So proud, I'm just so proud"

"I've always wanted to shake your hand"

"Delighted, just can't tell you, Diggle's the name, Dedalus Diggle."

"I've seen you before" Harry and I stated shocked.

Dedalus Diggle's top hat fell from it's perch on his head in his excitement.

"You bowed to us once in a shop" I said

"They remember" He stated joyfully, "Did you hear that, they remember me!" We shook hands again and again as Crockford kept coming forward.

A pale young man made his way forward, very nervously with one of his eyes twitching.

"Professor Quirrell!" said Hagrid. "Harry James, Professor Quirrell will be one of your teachers at Hogwarts."

"P-p-potter, B-b-black" he stuttered.

"C-can't tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you."

"What lesson do you teach Professor" I asked kindly.

D-Defense against the D-D-Dark Arts" he muttered, as though he didn't like talking about it.

"Not that you need it" he laughed nervously, "You'll be getting your equipment, I suppose. I've g-got to p-pick up a new b-book on vampires, m-myself" he looked terrified at the thought.

But the others wouldn't let Quirrell keep us to himself. It took ten minutes for him to get away. Hagrid made himself heard over the excited babble in the pub.

"Must get on, lots to buy. Come on, Harry, James" Doris shook our hands once more and the crowd let us out of the bar into a small, walled alley with nothingbut a trash can and a few weeds.

Hagrid grinned at us.

"Told yeh, didn't I. You're famous. Even Professor Quirrell was tremblin' ter meet yeh-- mind you, he's usually tremblin"

"Is he always that nervous" I asked

"Oh yeah, poor bloke. Brilliant mind. He was fine studing out of books, but then he took a year off for first hand experiance... They say he met vampires in the Black Forest, and there was a nasty bit o' trouble with a hag. Never been the same since.

"Three up.. two across" he muttered before tapping the wall three times with the point of the umbrella.

It wriggled and a hole appeared, growing wider, a second later they were facing an arch way into a cobbled street that twisted out of sight.

"Welcome" said Hagrid, "to Diagon Alley"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 57.6K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
752K 20.4K 76
α€™α€„α€Ία€Έα€Ÿα€¬ α€œα€°α€žα€¬α€Έα€α€½α€±α€€α€­α€―α€€α€šα€Ία€α€„α€Ία€”α€±α€α€²α€·α€†α€›α€¬α€α€”α€Ία€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€±α€™α€šα€·α€Ία€€α€­α€―α€šα€·α€Ία€‘α€α€½α€€α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€· α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€α€½α€±α€€α€―α€žα€•α€±α€Έα€™α€šα€·α€Ί α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€’α€±α€«α€€α€Ία€α€¬α€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€«..... #စဝ်ခ...
379K 12K 87
"I have a secret, a well-kept secret for the last almost seven years. The real reason why I went into hiding." After years in a complicated relatio...
1.7M 99.3K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...