Teiko's basketball III: Three...

By BlackfeatherC

Teiko's basketball #3 The trio face their final year at Teiko middle school. They walk forward with their sig... More

Foreword
Who's who
The beginning
The new members
Elections
Akira's little admirer
First session
Satsuki's request
Three mysteries
Article
Colours of a rainbow
The black haired boys
The swap
Shock treatment
The challenge
Appraisals
Yukiji's quarter
Mayu's quarter
Second half
Today's fortune
Sagittarius and Kuroh
The emperor and the cat
10 reasons why not to date a yandere
Cold metal
Traffic rules
Two blondes and a proposal
End of the day
Pep talk
Speech
Ghosts of the past
Video game: Day #1
Video game: Day #2
Video game: Day #3
Health awareness
Kise's masterpiece
Frogs and bees
New girl?
Three life lessons
Passion for sport
Responsibility
Reasons
Forfeit
Revisions
Crane thieves
Sides
Locked
Author's note: Christmas requests
Request: A.U: Mistletoe (for @lonelay) (ships)
Mix-ups
Confusion
Preaching
The second quarter
A little time
Third quarter
Questions
Akashi Seijuro
The dance of the point guards
A confession
The twins
Injury
The vow
Epilouge
Acknowledgements and sequel!

Eat off

446 24 2
By BlackfeatherC

 "And then? How did you let them in?" demanded Satsuki.

"Oh, that was easy," said Sora with an airy wave, "Once Yukiji-san told me that Kise-kun had an acquaintance in our team, it was fairly easy to guess who it was. I just asked her for the key."

"That was a good idea..." said Satsuki, "Mou, should we get them back?"

"I'm sick already..." said Sora putting her head in her hands.

"Aww... Anything I can do?" said Akira.

"Just stop me when I reach for something to throw at Kise-kun," said Sora weakly.

"Oh. Okay--" said Akira.

"And put down the salt shaker!" said Yukiji sharply.

"Thanks..." muttered Sora.

"Eh... Sora-chan... Maybe you should take a day off or something," said Satsuki.

"Can't," said Sora shortly.

"Why?"

"Umm... Excuse me? Senpai?" squeaked someone.

Sora turned with a frozen smile. "Yeah?"

"It's just that... Someone isn't letting us eat the fish," said the girl timidly, "Not that it matters--" Sora muttered a curse and got up swiftly and walked near the source of the commotion.

"Fish?" said Yukiji, "Which idiot has trouble with fish?"

"Fish..." said Akira, "Oh sh*t, fish! Kise-kun!"

"We should go," said Yukiji.

"Totally!" agreed Akire.

They both hurried in the direction that Sora had taken. They found that Sora had pushed her way through the crowd and was now in the front. "Kise Ryouta!" she exclaimed.

Kise jumped. "No... Fish—"

"--You will stop this nonsense this instant!" exclaimed Sora.

"Oro? What's going on here?" said a voice.

"Uh oh..." commented Akira, "Midget 2 is here."

Sora took a deep breath. "Your teammate is not allowing anyone to touch the fish. Please tell him to keep his opinions to himself."

"Why should I?" questioned Akashi, "Everyone has a right to their own opinion. My teammate was just expressing his view on the matter."

"Just tell him to do it a bit farther away so that people can eat in peace," said Sora.

Kise took two steps backwards and said, "Whoever chokes on a bone dies. And ladies, I'm not in the mood to provide first aid."

"Kise Ryouta!" hissed Sora.

"I'll take care of this issue, Ryouta," said Akashi.

"There isn't any 'issue' here, captain," said Sora with a slight hint of sarcasm, "Unless you choose to make one out of nothing."

"On the contrary, 'captain'," said Akashi with a smirk, "Tell that to the people milling around us."

Sora's gaze swept over the small crowd that had formed around the fish. "It's over people. Those who want the fish may just come and take it. Ignore the blonde."

"You're blocking the way to, Sora-chin." Murasakibara had eaten his way through the first course and had now come for the fish. Sora gave a stiff nod and stepped aside. "Sorry," she said civilly. Kise however wasn't done yet. "No fish!" he said stepping in front of Murasakibara.

Murasakibara narrowed his eyes. "I need to eat. Move aside, Kise-chin."

"No!" exclaimed Kise.

"Both of you move it!" said a voice. It was Mayu. Sora blinked and groaned. Looked like she couldn't back out of the fight yet.

"Who the heck are you?" said Murasakibara.

"Why do you want to know?" shot back Mayu, "And move it."

"Get in line," scoffed Murasakibara.

"Nah, nah. You love birds are going to take the entire day to fight. I haven't got the time," replied Mayu.

Mayu pushed past both of them to reach the fish. Murasakibara pushed past her. "I was here first!"

"Back off! I love fish and I'm not letting you stand in between me and my love," said Mayu.

Murasakibara looked thunderous. "You love food?" he demanded, "Are you actually telling me..."

"Eat off," challenged Mayu, "What do you say?"

Murasakibara gave a short bark of laughter. "Allow me to squish you."

"Fight! Fight!" someone started screaming. "Enough!" interjected Sora, "Everyone please continue with whatever you were doing."

But the pressure had been built up for a long time and now it was at breakout point. No one was in the mood to turn down a good fight between two members from opposite teams. Sora could have sworn she heard a few people exchanging bets. "It's actually healthy you know," said Akashi coming up to her.

"Oh yeah?" said Sora drily.

Akashi shrugged. "I'm just informing you that your teammate may be mentally scarred for the rest of the trip."

"Thanks, sunshine," replied Sora sarcastically.

Akashi chuckled. "I'll let the endearment pass, sweetheart. But right now we should be supporting our teammates." Sora rolled her eyes and headed over. Aomine was spelling out the terms of the contest. "Alright. You two listen up. The whole thing is going to be a three course meal. First is this plate of riceballs. Followed by fish. And finally you wash it down with a bit of lime soda. Got it?" Both Mayu and Murasakibara managed a tight nod whilst glaring at each other.

"Yosh! Get set... Eat!"

Mayu and Murasakibara began to eat cheered on by the onlookers. Sora had to admit that now that the challenge was underway, she was hooked. Both of them were shoveling down the food at an impossible rate. Sora almost laughed when she saw Kise. He was holding his phone at the ready. Sora guessed he was ready to call the ambulance if any of the two 'choked on the fish'. Murasakibara seemed to be winning. Sure enough, when Mayu was halfway through the fish, he chugged down the last gulp of soda.

"You're a loser," he said, wiping a bit of soda from the corner of his mouth. Around them the guys had erupted into cheers whereas the girls had varying reactions from rolling their eyes to hair flips. Mayu's mouth twisted. She gave him a tight nod. "I guess there's a reason you're that huge," she said frigidly.

"What are you doing?" said Murasakibara narrowing his eyes. Mayu had finished the rest of the fish and was now sipping her soda. "The contest's over," he said. Mayu shrugged. "I can't exactly waste the food," she pointed out, "Besides, I guess I just really wanted the fish," she joked.

Sora saw something flash in Murasakibara's eyes. Was it... respect? Murasakibara paused and went towards the fish. He pushed a plate with a slice in Mayu's direction before picking up one more for himself and disappearing into the crowd. Satsuki sighed. "That went well..."

Sure enough, the rest of team also seemed to have poured most of its pent up frustration into this challenge. The normal hum of conversation filled the air again. Kise's fish propaganda seemed to have lost his former vigour. Even he seemed to be half-hearted about it. Sora smiled. The challenge seemed to have made the fish popular at any rate.

"Well that's done with," said Akashi, "Looks like most of the trouble's over. It'll be easier controlling them now." And then he smirked and added, "Sunshine."

"Shut up, 'sweetheart'," replied Sora sarcastically, "You still owe me an apology."

"I had to defend my team," he said with a shrug, "And you, yours. How about I fetch you a piece of fish too and call it quits, sunshine?"

"Nah, I'm done. And quit calling me sunshine."

"What about the other thing?"

"What?"

"Sweetheart?"

"On second thought, just go fetch the fish or something."

Akira walked up to Sora with a wad of notes. "Where did you get that?" said Sora suspiciously. Akira shrugged. "Bet money."

"Did you actually bet against Mayu-san?" said Sora in disbelief.

"I won, didn't I?" pointed out Akira.

"True. Nae, don't buy ketchup instead of whipped whipped cream to fill the guys' shoes this time," said Sora innocently.

"Are you warning me or prompting me?" said Akira warily.

"Take it as you will," said Sora with a small smile, "This time, go for the captain."

"You'll never change..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.7K 33
NOW BEING RE-WRITTEN AS 'OVERGROWN' AT ACCOUNT @ginxvras [teiko era] When Hirai Akane arrives at Teiko Middle School, she has a clear set of goals a...
19.8K 429 57
This is a story based on Kuroko's basketball but with an extra character: y/n. You are dating Shintaro Midorima and are stronger than all of the Gene...
370K 8.9K 47
Juri Kurosawa was known as the quiet chubby girl of Teiko Middle School, even though she was close with the strongest basketball team within schools...
21.9K 718 57
Teiko Middle School. One of the most prestigious middle schools people in Japan can attend. Their basketball club consists of over 100 members. A few...