3013

By rcsepetals

Its the year 3013. Clara and her best friend Matt are on the run from the aliens that invaded their planet th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
update

Chapter 4

155 3 0
By rcsepetals

I walked across the front lawn of my small house. The book bag on my shoulder dug into my skin giving me a bright red rash that I knew would hurt in the morning. But I didn't care. The only thing I was concerned about was what would happen to me when I walked into that door. I walked up the concrete steps onto my porch and didn't hesitate to open the door, even though I was shaking so hard I made even the door handle rattle. I stepped into my house and smelled cookies baking, if this was the exact situation two years ago I might've smiled and announced my arrival. But now I didn't even bother wasting time to kick off my shoes as I ran around the corner to the stairs that led to the bedrooms.

I crept up the stairs and peeked into the bright yellow room that used to be mine, but now it was filled with my parents crap. I heard my 14 year old brothers blasting music from across the hall as I continued to my new room. The attic. I walked in holding my breath because it smelled like rotting animal in here. I really needed to check that out.

The room was drafty and was full of our old junk. I'd dragged my bed up there with the help of Sam (my brother, who was one year older than me)  A/N: This is a flashback so she's only 13. I also managed to hide my important things under my clothes when my dad pulled me up the stairs by my ear and spat on me. But I was lucky. They still let me live here as long as I didn't disturb them.

I put my school bag down and took out my homework. Even though my home life sucked I could still go to a good College and get out of here, if that was even possible... I heard steps on the stairway to the attic and I quickly ran over to my bed and hid behind the headboard. The door creaked open and I shivered at the sound thats been torturing me for the past two years. It was a sound that lead to my parents yelling at me in disgust and treating me like they didn't know who I was.

"Clary? Are you in here?"

I let go of the breath I'd been holding as I looked around the headboard to see Sam.

"Hey Sam." 

Sam had my mothers blond hair and brown eyes. We didn't even look related.  I looked more like my father and trust me, my father didn't mind telling me how he hated that every day. Sam looked me up and down with sadness in his eyes. Since it was summer I was in shorts and a tank top which exposed the bruises I had received from my peers.

"What's up?" I asked him sitting on my bed. I didn't want him to see me like this. He was the only person in the world besides Matt's family that loved me. Sam walked quickly to me and hugged me, I could feel him shaking.

"I just heard mom and dad talking in the den," Sam said quietly, I tensed up knowing they were talking about me, "They where talking about kicking you out. Today."

Sam released me from the hug and sat on the bed next to me. He looked at me trying to find an emotion. But I had none. I was sick of them. I wanted them gone. They ruined my life.  I was their daughter and they treat me like a monster. Well maybe I was a monster. I should show them how much of a monster I am. I stood up quickly and walked to a cluttered corner in the attic to grab a cardboard box filled with pictures. Pictures of me with my 'family'.  I looked at them with disgust. I picked up the heavy box with no problem and dumped the pictures on the ground, the glass shards going everywhere. Sam gasped and pleaded for me to stop, telling me they would hear me. But I didn't give two shits. I wanted them to hear. I filled the empty box with my clothes and possessions quickly and grabbed my bag. I was only 13 so I didn't have a phone but it didn't matter, I just wanted to leave. I power walked to the door and grabbed the knob and yanked, the door hinges broke and I threw it backwards into the dark attic. I was happy that the creaking sound that haunted me would never be heard again.

"What the hell?!" I heard my father bellow from down stairs.

I turned around to look at Sam. 

"I'll see you at school Sam. Thank you for always loving me and caring for me." I whispered sadly. All he did was nod as he looked away trying to hide his tears. I stomped down the attic stairs and turned the sharp corner leading to the other stairs, which I stomped down as well. I held onto the banister and ripped it out of the stairs throwing it onto the floor below me.

I walked into the kitchen to see my mother and father at the counter with hatred and shock in their eyes. My father walked up to me clearly having heard the destruction up stairs. I dropped my cardboard box a grabbed his outstretched arm that was about to strike me. With only one movement I threw my father across the kitchen into the dining room. He hit the wooden stand that collected my mothers precious china collection. I heard her gasp as all her stupid glasses fell on my father, him growling with rage. My mother ran up and grabbed my shoulder putting me in a headlock.

"You bitch! You disgust me! You disgust everyone! Your not my daughter, your a worthless piece of shit you slut!" She yelled in my ear

Everything turned red. I don't remember what I did next but I remember hearing my father scream 'monster' at me as I ran out the door into the cool air. 

I made my way across the city to Matt's family apartment. I stopped at a bus stop and waited on the bench. When the bus arrived I went to the way back and placed my cardboard box and backpack next to me. All I felt was self hate . If only I was normal, my parents could love me, and I could be with Sam and my father playing golf at the club just like two years ago. I sat on the bus for another half hour until I got to the park which was across from Matt's apartment.

I knocked on their door waiting for someone to answer. I heard the lock click as Matt greeted me with a smile. It's been awhile since I've had one of those. 

"Hey Clara!" he noticed my backpack and box. His eyes widened as he pulled me into a hug. "Clara every things going to be okay. Stay with us for as long as you want."

I don't know if it was because of the events of that day or because of Matts kindness, but I started to cry into his shoulder. He led me inside and brought me to the guest room. He left to find his parents and explain the situation as I sat on the bed sniffling. I looked around me and noticed the room was colored a bright lavender and even had fresh flowers on the dresser. I smiled at the sight because flowers where rare and expensive. Only the rich, like the Monchello family (Matt's family) , could afford. 

I heard his dads low voice from outside and lied down in the bed, kicking off my vintage converse. Even if they wouldn't let me stay I could take care of myself on the streets. I was used to it. I snuggled into the pillow slowly drifting in and out until I fell asleep. 

--------------------------------------dream over---------------------------------------------------

I woke up sweating in Matts arms. Ugh it was so damn hot! I opened my foggy eyes to see the sun beating down on us on the branch. I looked over at Matt to see he was still fast asleep. He looked so peaceful, like he did when we where younger. The war really took a toll on Matt, especially when his parents where killed. Without realizing it I was tracing all the features on his face. His skin was smooth and warm and I could feel the air coming out of his nose tickling my hand. I giggled and he started to grunt. He slowly opened one eyes to peek at me and them opened the other smiling at me. He unwrapped his tight hold on me and sat up.

Not wanting to break the silence of the forest we glanced around seeing the others slowly waking up as well. I got up and crawled to the base of the large branch making my way down.

When Matt joined me at the forest ground we both walked to a clearing where we say the others head to. When we walked in they where all in a circle talking in low whispers. That's a little sketchy... Matt clearly thought so too as we glanced at each other. Not being phased I turned on my sensitive ears to listen in.

"How could a girl survive for three years with only a boy as her companion?"  I heard Pete question

"Maybe they just got lucky. I like her, we shouldn't be quick to judge." I smiled at Williams comment

"I agree with Will, we don't know what they've been through." Melissa chimed in

"Will all of you stop gossiping? They're here." Ty noticed us standing away from the group.

We walked up to them as I pretended not to hear a word they'd been saying. Matt tugged at my sweater sleeve with curiosity and I whispered that I would fill him in later. When we reached them Rob smiled warmly and questioned if we had a good sleep.

"Yes it was great, thank you." Matt responded for me as I glared at Pete.

"Well today we are going to start heading north to Canada. It should take us two weeks counting in the Kapara meetings we'll surely have on the way." Rob filled us in on our routine.

Breakfast at four a.m. before the sun rose. Then at five we would start walking until noon when we would hunt to find food. He told us we would then keep walking until sunset and then one of us would scout the area, and shoot our gun as a warning that Kapara's where near. If the coast was clear we would find a cave to sleep in or we would climb up into the trees. 

Matt and I nodded understanding the terms as we all started walking north. We all had backpacks on our backs filled with cooking supplies, extra bullets, and clothes. Some of the luckier survivors have medicine tucked away. I was one of them. A few months ago Matt and I came across a pharmacy in an abandoned town that hadn't been left in too bad shape. Though I didn't get sick because of my... powers? It's been so long since I've rejected these differences that I don't even know what to call them.

Anyways, just because I got sick doesn't mean that Matt won't. I have a medicines for fevers, infection, and even the plague which struck around seventy years ago. It was in the 2040's. It killed off thousands of people and there where only a few cures that where held in secret areas. I found the cure when I was 16 in the woods. It was in some abandoned army base that I creeped in to after school. I tried to find it a few weeks after to show Matt but I could never find it. 

We walked for hours until all of our feet where sore. It was mid afternoon and we had no runs with the Kapara so far. Score 1 for humans, 0 for Kapara. I laughed at how dorky I was out loud and Ty who was walking next to me looked over curiously.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing." I said blushing

"Oh come on Clara, please enlighten me!" he replied sporting a goofy grin. I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"In your dreams." I said laughing. 

Ty raised his eyebrow at me and before I knew it picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I gasped and hit his back.

"Ugh put me down Ty!"

"In your dreams." he said mocking me.

I started laughing at his fake girl voice. It was pathetic! He put me back down and I shoved him in his shoulder as lightly as I could so he wouldn't get suspicious of my 'superman' strength. I felt eyes on me as I turned to see Melissa looking at us sadly. I knew when to back off, and couldn't believe I was flirting with him with his girlfriend right in front of us! I told Ty I'd catch him later and walked over to the front of the group. 

I walked over to William who was telling a theatrical story to Matt who was almost on his knees laughing. I smiled at the sight of Matty laughing, he was actually having fun. 

"Hey guys, whats this story your telling William?" I asked him, nudging his shoulder

Williams face broke out into a huge smile as he started re-telling his story to me, and within a few minutes we where all in tears. Rob who was behind us walked to the front and told everyone to stop. There was a warning tone in his voice as we all silenced immediately. With the rest of the group looking around at the forest I listened quietly and my eyes zoomed in and out of the trees. I heard the gravely voice of a Kapara ahead of us and flicked my eyes to the sound. I squinted and saw that a quarter of a mile away two Kapara's of high rank where walking inour direction.

"We just have to find the girl!" I heard one with a higher pitched voice say

"How are we gonna find one girl in the entire god damned forest, huh?!" The other shot back

"The boss said she has red hair and that she travels with one other boy." Pitchy said

"Well thats descreptive!" said the other clearly aggrivated at his boss

I stiffened. They're looking for me?! I looked at everyone, them still scanning the trees, they were unable to see and hear as well as me.

"I hear them! They're coming this way!" I hissed. They probably heard us laughing and talking. This is bad. Super bad. I put us all in danger and I couldn't do anything about it.

"How do you-" 

"It doesn't matter how I know!" I whispered interupting Pete, who clenched his jaw.

I turned around looking at Robert. He looked back at me and nodded answering my unsaid question.

"Get ready to fight."

I heard clicks of safety locks as we all took out our guns.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I'm sorry that the beginning was a little bit sad and depressing but I felt like you all should know about her childhood and what her parents where like. Also she has a brother! That might come up later in the story. So I will try to post soon and I'll start to get more into the love triangle, but I don't really want to jump into it because this isn't just a love story.

Also put this image in your head as Ty

Liam Hemsworth!

And I was thinking that Pete would look like Alex Pettyfer, and William looks like Logan Lerman.

Melissa looks like Brenda Song 

Matt looks like Chace Crawford (He's soooo hot) Ill have a pic of him on the right!

~justpeachyluv

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
39.3K 2.8K 50
Ellen knew the future of humanity was uncertain and if the remaining human's wouldn't put aside their hatred for the intruders, all would be lost... ...
1K 111 36
Michelle's life was almost perfect. Loving family, great college, perfect grades, good friends, and a crush on one of the sweetest guys she's met. Th...
1M 83.3K 118
Adhiti is simple girl and lives in Saharanpur, a small town in Utter predesh. She had a crush on her neighbor, Dhruv. She turn into a shy girl and he...