Sara's Trilemma

By Ms_Enigmatic

Added in the reading list of official Wattpad @ChickLit profile!! Sara Anand, an intern working in Purple m... More

Prologue
A Bad Date
Friendliest Interrogation
Standard Trouble
Poor Judgement
The Butterflies
The Bizarre Morning
Following The CEO
The False Paradox
The Confusing Paradigm
Loose Ends
Friend Intervention
Friend Confession
Wild Day
Sara's Folly
The Unending Circle
Encounter With The Ex
The Dazzling Night
Gain & Loss
Falling in
Guilt Trip
Damaged Without Repair
A Girl meets a Guy
Ex On The Balcony
Sara loves Sid
Love Fight
Sinking into the Vortex
The Sweet Deception
Aftermath
Fighting For Love_Jayden's POV
The Torment
Last Hope (Jayden's POV)
Final Stop
The Proposal

Blast From The Past

1.4K 143 32
By Ms_Enigmatic

"What are you doing here?" he asked, the soft velvety tinge of his voice was already caressing my ears.

"I... um..." I lowered my gaze awkwardly before straightening myself. "I work here...at the. At the Purple magazine."

"That's great Mini!" And with that all the old memories came gushing back, probing my brain to acknowledge how I used to love the man standing in front of me. And he used my nickname.

The girl tugged his arm and he acknowledged. "Where are my manners?" he shook his head, overwhelmed. "Sweetie, she is Mini, I mean Sara Anand." The girl smiled at me and took my hand and shook it, rather mechanically I assumed. "And Sara, she is my fiancé, Cara Cavanagh."

And as if the floor slipped beneath my feet, I stood there unable to remain composed and nonchalant. 'Fiancé?' I asked through the shut mouth. Thousands of questions exploded in my numb brain. I didn't know if I should laugh, or cry or I didn't know, maybe run away and never to step into the Seven Empire again.

The girl looked younger, with blond bangs and a ponytail. Her eyes were deep azure colored with a skin that was pale and supple. She was a beauty. I let out a short sigh.

"Hey, Ha-ware-ya?" she asked in her thick pro-Irish accent. "I've heard a quiet a lot about yaa!"

"Is it?" I paused, wondered for a moment, what was she heard about me from him. "Well, it's nice meeting you," I smiled owing to the obligation to look polite, but inside I was screaming with agony, heartbreak and much more weird emotions I was experiencing at the same time like I was sunken in a very dark pit and all hope seemed lost.

"What are you doing in India?" I queried in a barely audible tone.

"I am back now. And I am renting a space here in the Seven Empire to open my clinic. This clinic will soon turn to Viraj Kaushik's clinic."

"Great!" I squeaked in reaction, knowing how it would affect me, working in the near proximity of now committed ex with some lingering feelings I still had for him. "You got engaged!" I smiled questioning him in a surprise.

"Yea. We met in Dublin and I instantly fell for her." He looked ever so lovingly at her and leaned down. I found myself staring at the couple as they were close to kissing each other in front of me. I would have puked in disgust or ran away in another direction never to come back again, but fortunately, they touched their foreheads like some eternal love gesture.

The awkward silence was bound to follow, as we stood there with absolutely nothing to say. "I should leave." I blurted a few moments later. "I guess we will see each other."

"We will," he promised. "We have a lot to catch up. Here is my card, we should definitely have a dinner together." there was a short pause. "All three of us."

I sighed and smiled forcefully, turned and walked away with a heavy heart.

*

The Purple magazine cafeteria was bustling with people, sitting in the usual groups with loud chatter. I spotted Tanya and Kush sitting in our regular booth on the corner with a good view of rest of the tables. With a good amount of natural sunlight reflecting from the white surfaces, it was the brightest and cheerful cafeteria in the complex.

Due to the sudden lack of hunger, I only poured myself a thin coriander soup and a sandwich and made my way towards them.

"What happened to you?" Tanya queried biting a mouthful of paratha. Kush was looking upbeat in his light pink T-shirt and grey blazer. Apparently, his shoot finished early.

I walked and sat on the edge of the booth, cupping my face in my hands. "You couldn't guess!" The food in front of me was not able to entice me. My appetite was royally lost.

They both looked at each other worried. "Did she call you again?" Kush asked with hushed tone leaning forward on the table. When I glanced at Tanya, he continued, "She told me just now."

"No. It's far worse," I mumbled, overwhelmed. "I met Viraj and he was not alone."

"Viraj Kaushik?" Tanya exclaimed loudly, a few heads turned in our direction.

"Yuppp..." I rolled my eyes, crashing my face on the cool tabletop, waiting for the earth to engulf me.

"And?" Kush replied softly.

I looked up and took a deep breath. "Guess what? He is engaged to be married," I muttered through clenched teeth studying their reactions. Tanya's face looked shocked while Kush looked rather amused. "And No. The story doesn't end here. He is engaged to a hot Irish girl, who looked like she was brought from heaven." I grumbled and wondered if things turned out differently for us. I would be in her place clinging to his side. Another sigh left me.

"That is unexpected," Tanya replied, cautiously.

"Well, I think it's good that he moved on!" Kush pointed sharply at Tanya. Then, he faced me and took my hands in his. "You moved on a long time ago. Remember why you broke up with him in the first place."

I nodded. He was absolutely right. I was the one who was always smothered with his neediness. He had wanted more out of the relationship; whereas I was not ready.

"You two were not compatible. You only told us," Tanya added, agreeing with Kush, who looked serious and convincing.

"Yeah. That's right. Besides, I have worse things to worry about. I am going to work with Anamika Vora from tomorrow. I might never get a free time to give it a second thought!"

"And we will always be around," Kush smiled placing his hand on mine. It was more than warm and comforting. It felt like a promise.

"What should I do with this card?" I questioned looking at Viraj's visiting card. The number was in a golden font already imprinted in my memory.

Kush snatched it from my hand and ripped it apart. "Forget about him. How about we go out to someplace nice and celebrate your promotion?" he asked eagerly. "Let's go to the beach and eat some spicy and delicious street food. The party is on me!"

"You cheap!" Tanya exploded, punching him on his arm. "You always do that. You could spend on us in a five-star restaurant, not on street food." He laughed enjoying Tanya's typical annoyance at his behaviour. It was fun watching them fight. Especially after his heartbreak, I felt happy to get the old Kush back, teasing, sarcastic and most importantly funny.

Before departing at our respective desk, I looked at Kush and asked if he was okay. He stopped short. "I mean with you and Disha?"

Tanya stood there, uncomfortable yet worrying as me.

He sighed and looked me into my eyes. "She no longer exists in my life. Yesterday, it dawned on me that I never loved her. It was a closure for me. On her part, she didn't have enough remorse of her actions to convince me otherwise."

"What?" We both jumped.

"Apparently, she is not the only one who was at fault. I am to blame. I never truly loved her as I never forgot... somebody," he murmured looking into my eyes. I felt odd all of sudden. His gaze of showed the clarity of his mind and emotions.

"Who?" Tanya exclaimed. "Don't tell me it's your ex, Mira."

Well, it was probably true, Mira was his first girlfriend. He was head over heels in love with her until she shifted to Seoul with her parents. He was just a teenager and it was before we even met. When I moved to India, he was my first friend. We have known each other for seven years.

He just chuckled and laughed it out. "I have to go ladies. Rishabh will be jumping with panic if I don't show him today's formatted pictures." And with that, he ignored our question and walked off.

"Must be Mira!" I murmured to Tanya and regained our desks.

*

Late at night when Tanya was finally asleep, I picked up my cell phone. I pulled the blanket over my head and dialled the well-remembered number in the golden font. Though only a second after I ended the call. Damn! It's mental! What would I say to him?

I closed my eyes as I needed sleep for tomorrow. I should be well rested and alert for what was to come. Anamika Vora occupied most of my thoughts. What was she planning for me? Would I be able to rise to her expectations? It was worrying. The more I tried not to think about it, the more it was haunting me. And then there was Viraj. I sighed and a wave of suffocation crashed over me. He was getting married. On my word, it was only a year since we broke up: and he was able to find his soul mate, or whatever the girl was. Here I was, alone and empty. I did not have a family that cared and no shoulder to my cries.

So now, I was staring at the number, not knowing what to do with it. Mechanically, I saved it as Dublin. Then I opened the messenger and started scrolling through countless messages I got since morning. I made it a habit not to open the chat box frequently. So, I kept it on mute. Although, I regretted it as soon as I saw Sid's pings.

I am sorry about the morning. I hope to make it with these messages.

He had sent many santa banta jokes. I found myself reading and giggling at them.

It's high time you read my text. A new message popped up making a smile appear on my face.

I was busy. I typed.

Hm. How was your day?

Since when we were asking each other about our day?

Since yesterday! So you want to ask me about my day, huh? I smiled and frowned at the same time at his reply. His cockiness was back again.

Moving on. It was very unusual. BTW I am not interested in asking yours.

Aww. You don't know how to lie. Anyway, I hope it was unusually good. ;)

Another chuckle caught in my throat. Ass!

I rarely lie. And it was both good and bad.

Why?

Why? Of course, I would not tell why. I met my ex-boyfriend who was now committed. Should I tell him? No. Who was he? He was my bad date. And yes, we kissed. He was a good kisser. But, that was that. No more. On the other hand, Viraj was somebody that I used to love. My only ex-boyfriend. I opened his profile again and saw him with his fiancé with arms around each other, smiling. I felt a stab in my heart. I threw the cell phone away. It hit the blanket and fell over my side.

I brooded silently, tears tingling at the edge of my eyes. God, I was lonely. After a few minutes, I picked up the phone. Four unread texts, all sent in a matter of a couple of minutes.

Hey?

Are you upset?

Would you just tell me?

Fine! I am coming over.

**You may wonder Sara being too dramatic with Viraj. You will know it in the next chapter. There are a lot of things happening around her. You guys will learn about it as the plot unfolds.**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1.4K 50
Language used- Hindi & English It is a Sidashi(Siddharth Nigam & Ashi Singh) fanfiction. The story revolves around a boy and girl living in Mumbai. T...
136K 8.3K 43
This is my second wattpad story on Sidneet. Siddharth Nigam a famous Superstar of bollywood and top most entrepreneur of india, is engaged with his c...
191K 13.7K 61
"π™»πš˜πšŸπšŽ πš’πšœ πšπš‘πšŽ π™°πš—πšœπš πšŽπš› - π™Έπš 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 πš—πš˜πš πš–πšŠπšπšπšŽπš› πš πš‘πšŠπš πšπš‘πšŽ πššπšžπšŽπšœπšπš’πš˜πš— πš’πšœ .." Advika - A wannabe one of the known...
186K 7.5K 59
this story for my sidneet this is my first fanfic pls vote me Introduce....πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡ Siddharth: a hottest guy of his college belongs from a respecte...