The Cold Never Bothered Me An...

By renrose_

A car crash. Memory loss. Dead parents. Elsa Arendelle's life is full of bumps and surprises. But she and he... More

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 39

77 4 4
By renrose_

Jack's POV
*•*•*•*•*•*

"Elsa!" I scream, rushing forward through the air. The portal is still open. I can still make it. Pitch has already gone inside as well, but I could care less about that pale creep.

I can see it about to close, see the image behind it of a familiar castle slowly begin to flicker away.

"No!" I yell, putting on more speed. I have to make it. I have to-

The portal disappears a second before I reach it, and I slam into the wall behind it. I curse immediately, slamming my fist into the wall,"Come on! Open up! Elsa!"

I slam my hand into the wall again, but I know that each effort is futile. There's nothing I can do. I'm powerless.

I lean my head against the wall and place both palms next to it, the fight running out of me,"No..." I whisper, clenching my teeth and squeezing my eyes shut,"Please...Elsa...I'm so sorry. I'm so..."

I sink to my knees and turn around, sitting with my back facing the wall, my head leaned back against it.

I hate feeling powerless. Feeling like a failure. All I want to do is do something. But what can I do? I can't open a portal like Elsa, (which is an extremely new development for me), so there is no way I can go back to Arendelle. That has been proven obvious over the past couple years. There is a reason that I'm still stuck here.

But, I do know that I have to think of something. Sitting here in self pity and loathing won't do a thing for Elsa. So, using my staff to stand, I lift off in the air and head back over to the dorm. I've made up my mind. If we're going to find out anyway to pull this off, I'll need all hands on deck. In other words, all of my crazy friends and myself will have to pull it together in order to work this out.

As I fly through the crisp night air, thoughts flow through my mind. After hearing all that had happened with Elsa, what had been going on all this time that I had been oblivious to...I don't know what to think. At first, finding out that Elsa had been working with Pitch, in a way, had made me angry, confused, and shocked. I hadn't expected it. Even though I should have. It all always led back to Pitch, didn't it?

But now  I understand. But understanding causes me more pain, more anger. But angled towards myself.

Elsa had been blackmailed. First with her sister, (who paid the price), and next with me and everyone else she cares about. How had I been so blind? So stupid? If I had figured out sooner, pressed her more about it, than I would have known, and I would have been able to save her.

But, of course, I had been a second too late.

So many things had changed. So much had happened only in this first semester. A couple years of peace had only been a time before a huge oncoming storm reached us. And it's here. And we, of course, were not prepared for it when it reached us.

And here we are now. So much tragedy and crisis upon us. And we can barely do a thing.

But I intend to change that.

I finally reach Elsa's balcony, trying my hardest to ignore the pang in my chest at the sight of her familiar dorm.

"Hey Jack! Have you seen Elsa anywhere? We've been looking all over for her."

I lift my face up and see Punzie sitting on her bed, her fit criss-crossed beneath her, Pastel sitting on her shoulder. A large smile is spread across her face, and my heart sinks as I think about where her best friend is. I release a breath before grasping the courage to speak,"Rapunzel...we...we need to gather the others in here."

She frowns, a confused look passing over her face,"Um...okay...what's going on, Jack?"

"I'll explain everything once everyone's here," I respond quietly, my voice filled with pain. I can see the fear in Punzie's eyes.

"Jack...where's Elsa?"

I don't respond. All I do is head out the door and down the hall. I stop in front of each room, asking Olaf, Kristoff, Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid, Merida, and Eugine to all follow me into Elsa and Rapunzel's dorm.

All of them give me funny looks before doing as I ask, filing in through the door and sitting down on the two beds.

"Uh, Jack, what is this all about?" Asks Hiccup. His brother, Toothless, nods.

"Yea, and where's Elsa? Why...is there a reason why she isn't here?"

I don't answer his question directly. I stand still for a few moments, and I can see all of their anxious eyes on me, fearful and wary. Finally, I sigh,"There's...there's a lot of things that I, that we don't know about us. About what is going on."

"What...what do you mean? Where's Elsa?" Punzie's voice is practically shaking.

"She's alive."

Everyone sighs with relief, much of the tension level lowered in the room.

"But...she's not here. And I'll get to that. But first..." I take a deep breath,"So...I assume that you all have had these weird dreams and visions, yes?"

Everyone nods in unison.

"Elsa and I...well, we know now that these aren't just visions. They're...they're memories. From the past."

Merida snorts,"You're joking right? So you're saying that before all this, I was a princess who fought a bear?"

I raise an eyebrow,"Well, if that's what your visions are of, than yes. Even though that's extremely strange...I can't imagine you as a princess."

"Oh, trust me," she says, smirking,"I definitely didn't act like a princess."

"No surprise there," I say, allowing a small smile to reside on my face for a moment before continuing,"Well, before I continue...I think we all need to explain at least some of our pasts, the basics. We all need to understand each other."

No one says anything, so I clear my throat,"I guess I'll go first. I'm actually many centuries old, to start off with. I'm immortal so..."

Everyone's faces fill with shock, but I don't give them enough time to ask questions.

"I'm a winter spirit who can control ice and fly with this staff. My whole life, the only people who could see me were those who believed in the legend of Jack Frost, and trust me, not many people did, so for quite a while, I led a lonely existence. Until...until I met Elsa."

Some "ooo's" ring through the room, and I immediately shoot them all glares before continuing,"Long story short, Elsa believed in me. But...she wasn't the only one. Punzie, you were there too. You and Elsa are cousins."

Punzie, eyes wide, looks down,"I...I never knew. Why...why haven't I remembered...?"

"It's not your fault. It takes a really long time to remember everything. It...it took me years."

"You were the first person here out of all of us, weren't you?" Kristoff asks.

I nod before continuing,"Kristoff...you and Olaf and Sven are also from there. You eventually believed in me. And, um..." I blush,"You and Anna...are married. And you had kids."

"But I'm only seventeen!"

I shrug,"Sorry, but that's a lie. And Olaf, you're a snowman and Sven is still a reindeer."

"I knew it," Olaf whispers.

I laugh despite everything that has happened before speaking again,"Anyway, long story short, Elsa and I got married, had a son, she was queen of a country so she was assassinated, brought back to life as an immortal, and then I was sent to the future through a portal. After that, I was sent here, just like the rest of you. The first time I've seen Elsa in years was a couple of months ago. Oh, and Elsa has ice powers."

Everyone sits there, staring at me in shock.

"So...are you a king?" Eugine asks.

"Oh yea, I forgot to mention you married Punzie by the way. And yes, I guess..."

"Poor country."

"The country was just fine!"

The conversation carries on, everyone sharing some of their stories. Hiccup is a dragon trainer, and his dragon is Toothless. Astrid is from their Viking world as Hiccup's girlfriend. Punzie has magical healing hair and she and Eugine share their story together. Merida already pretty much explained her story earlier, so we didn't need much of an explanation from her.

Hearing everyone's stories comes as a shock to me. I, of course, had no idea what these people's backgrounds were like. But it was also nice to finally be able to all understand each other.

"Um, Jack, now that we're done explaining our lives...where's Elsa?"

"I'll get to that. First off, I think that we were all sent here through the portal for a reason. What reason, I have no clue. Okay, now I'll explain what happened to Elsa."

I take another deep breath, preparing myself. I knew that this would be hard to explain.

"Okay. So, there is a man named Pitch Black. I met him when I was sent into the future. He wanted to use me and combine my power with his own, claiming that darkness and ice would be a great pairing. Of course, I refused. And so did Elsa."

"Wait, so he just recently came and did this? To Elsa, I mean." Kristoff questions.

I nod,"Yea, at the dance."

Astrid's eyes widen,"That's why Anna..."

I nod solemnly,"Yea...and just tonight, I learned that he was forcing her to work with him by threatening to hurt all of us. Anna was a warning."

"Oh my god..." Whispers Hiccup, his eyes wide. Everyone else around him registers the same shock.

"Yea. Anyway, tonight..." I feel a pain in my heart at the entire memory of everything that has happened, but I quickly compose myself and speak,"Pitch was going to take her back to Arendelle tonight using an ability she has. From what I saw, she...she can make portals. She went into it with Pitch in order to save all of us," I look down and clench my fist tightly,"I was only a second too late. I'm sorry. I could've saved her..."

"Jack, don't go blaming yourself." Kristoff says, and I look up to him, my eyes still filled with pain and sadness. "I don't think any of us would have been able to do nearly as much as you did. You learned about all of this by yourself. Without all of this information, there would be no chance to save Elsa. Don't blame yourself. All of this is Pitch's doing."

I don't know if I can quite forgive myself, but I nod anyway.

"Alright guys." I lift my face back up,"We don't have much time. Who knows what's going on back in Arendelle. We need to find a way to get there." I pause,"Look, none of you have to come. This...this is going to be dangerous. You don't have to do this. None of you have any reason."

"No," Punzie stands,"We do. Elsa is our friend. We have to do something, no matter what the cost."

Eugine stands next,"Punzie's right," he reaches down and laces his fingers with her's, and she looks up at him and smiles as he continues,"Elsa means a lot to all of us. She never deserved this."

Astrid stands next,"Yea, and this Pitch guy deserves a big butt whooping for what he's done."

Hiccup and Toothless stand next,"Haven't gotten to fight with my dragon in a while. I'm in."

Olaf and Kristoff stand next, Olaf raising his hand in the air,"I'm in! I'll always help my friends. Elsa created me, after all."

Kristoff nods,"This Pitch guy needs to answer to what he did to Anna and Elsa."

Merida is the only one left. After seeing all eyes on her, she sighs,"Screw it," she says, standing,"It is gonna feel great to shoot an arrow through the man who took my life away from me. And he really did some messed up things to Elsa and Anna. Count me in."

I can't help but stare at each one of them in shock,"You guys..."

"Don't try stopping us, Jack. We are going to do this with you." Punzie says.

I stare at her for a moment longer before nodding, a smirk playing on my lips,"Alright guys. Let's get started."

But, just then, the door slams open. We all turn our attention to the sound of someone crashing to the floor. What I see causes a jolt of shock to shudder throughout my body. My eyes open wide, and my heart just about stops. I drop my staff.

There before us on the floor is Anna Arendelle, dressed in the same fancy clothing she had been wearing the night she was turned to ice. She looks up, breathing heavily.

"I...I know how...I know how to save Elsa."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
Yes so I finally got something down after like forever I'm sorry it took so long! (; i will try to update soon!

Don't be scared to vote or comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 112 22
After a year, Arendelle finally seems at peace. Elsa has returned to Arendelle and is willing to fullfill her role as queen. She still misses Hiccup...
6.4K 336 10
"Remind me what we were, when we said you were mine and I was yours..." "I don't know much...but I know myself. Let's lift the curse..." Jack Frost...
30.7K 601 43
*UNDER EDITING* Elsa Arendelle,her sister,Anna and their mother moved to Norway. Enrolling to a school called 'Arendelle High School',which is owne...
8.3K 235 27
Elsa Arendelle and her sister Anna attend Capitol High Boarding School after their parents died in a car crash. Anna loves it there, but Elsa hates i...