What She Fights For (On hiatu...

By _rudimentary_

"Please don't tell anyone.....just please" I pleaded looking wearily into his eyes. I felt tickles of his min... More

prologue
Chapter 1- Little blondie
Chapter 2- Blame it on the Alcohol?
Chapter 3 - Perks of Detention
Chapter 4- I'll do it
Chapter 5-You owe me
Chapter 6- Property of Dean Taylor
Chapter 7- He's Mine
Chapter 8- Fight Night
Chapter 9- "Kingston?"
Chapter 10- "On one condition Kingston "
Chapter 11- Friends with Dean Taylor???
Chapter 12- B.A.D: Broke. As .Dude
Chapter 13- "Your kidding Right?"
Chapter 14- Run Dean Taylor, Run
Chapter 15- All in this together
Chapter 16- I'm not Lacka......
Chapter 17 -Makeover Time: pt 1
Chapter 18- makeover Time pt 2
Chapter 19- um is it just me or is it awkward in here?
Chapter 20- Who's the hot chick?
Chapter 21- Screwed
Chapter 22- I don't dance
Chapter 23- Join the club
Chapter 24- Party too hard.
Chapter 25- Apologies and kisses (part 1)
Chapter 26- Apologies and Kisses (part 2)
Chapter 27- If you insist
Chapter 28- Not the reaction I was expecting
Chapter 30- The supposed older guy

Chapter 29- Starlight

5.6K 167 64
By _rudimentary_

Chapter 29- Starlight

** dedicated to @RLame98
for the message the other day that really brightened my mood and inspired me to continue writing WSFF**

I said oh my, what a marvellous tune,
It was the best night never would forget how we moved,
The whole place was dressed to the nines,
And we were dancing
Like we're made of starlight
-Taylor Swift

RECAP:
"So you don't want me to kiss you?" He leans closer, his breath fanning against my face.

I lean into his touch, my resolve slowly breaking. "No." I was sure my voice came out breathless.

"You sure Kingston?" He teases more leaving a fleeting kiss on my cheek. I close my eyes somehow finding enough stress to push against his chest with my hands to create more distance between us.

"I'm sure." My lips lift up to a slight smirk when I see the slight frown on Dean's face. Just because we are dating now doesn't mean I'm easy.

"You're no fun." He pouts sitting down, quitting all resolve of trying to bribe me with a kiss.

"Don't pout Dean. It gives you wrinkles." I inform him with a laugh.

He glares, his fake pout deepening. He can be so adorable sometimes. "I'm not pouting, I'm a man. Men don't pout." He says indignantly and for added affect he puffs his chest out.

"You're so lame." I roll my eyes giving Mike who had yet to speak all this time a 'can you believe this guy' look.

"He's whipped chicka, what do you expect." Mike laughs make me blush and look down.

"I am not whipped." Dean cuts in sending Mike a death glare. "I'm a man!"

"You're so whipped amigo." Mike says not missing a beat.

Oh boy, this is going to be a long night.

Dean's POV:

To say I was stressed would be an understatement. Skylar was most likely expecting some amazing, mind blowing date but I had absolutely nothing.

" Where am I supposed to take Skylar on a date?" I rush out feeling as anxious and I did an hour ago when it really dawned on me that she was my girlfriend and I was taking her out on a date.

"If you pace anymore, you're going to burn a hole through the ceiling." Mike comments in annoyance, throwing a pillow in which I fortunately dodged.

" I've never exclusively dated anyone before. What if I mess up." I complain dropping down on the couch beside Aaron.

I didn't want to admit out loud but this was a big deal to me.

"Look if she likes you enough to date you then she's not going to run away of the date doesn't turn out like expected. Skylar doesn't act superficial so why would she start now?" Aaron comments, rolling his eyes.

"Hmm... That's actually good advice. Why didn't you mention that an hour ago?" I question curiously. Aaron had been acting really strange lately. I really wanted to ask him what was up but he would just give some lame ass excuse that everything was fine and that he his parents were grinding down about him getting into a good college. I know that even if something was up, he probably wouldn't tell me anyways, he's always been the introverted one of us three.

" I like seeing you squirm. You are so whipped." Aaron laughs.

" I am not whipped." I all but growled annoyed. Him and Mike both kept teasing me and it was starting to get annoying. I didn't want to be the cliche where the bad boy goes all soft for the good girl. This was my first proper relationship and it scares me how much I actually care for Skylar. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going to finish planning my date with Skylar." No waiting for them to answer I leave the room, a smirk appearing on my face when the perfect idea pops into my head.

~*~

Skylar's POV:

Dean had been totally evasive on where we we're going for our date and I hated it. I tried to pry a little out of him but all he said was to wear a fancy dress but not too fancy. My head almost exploded thinking about all the possible places he could be taking me. I checked the weather and it was supposed to be pretty warm so after hours of deliberating and an emergency call to Tori for help, I decided on a simple blue lacy summer dress with a sweetheart neckline.

I was currently waiting, anxiously might I add for Dean to come pick me up. There were butterflies in my stomach and I seriously didn't know what to expect. Our whole relationship had been so unorthodox from the beginning which only made me more anxious.

Just when I thought I would explode from all the nerves, my phone rang. Not bothering to look at caller ID I answering it thinking it's Dean.

"Where are you?" I hope he didn't think I was being brash with my words.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"Barbara?" I answer with my eyebrows raised. We hadn't spoken since that day I ran out of the gym to confess that I liked Dean.

"Who we're you expecting hon?" She snaps, immediately delving into her  no nonsense way. " You've been MIA for the past two weeks, what the heck has been going on? I've been making some lame ass excuse about you spraining your leg."

"I... I've just been busy lately. My mom is getting suspicious and has had me on close watch." As usually, I find myself omitting the truth. How could I tell her that I had totally forgotten about the fights because I've been so busy with my own drama. By own drama I mean my love life.

"Kingston, you better get yourself in line, people have been looking into doing bigger matches with you which means a ton more money. If you're not serious I have no problem replacing you." Even though I knew Barbara was most likely bluffing I knew that if I didn't pull myself together soon she would actually replace me.

" Don't worry, I'll be at the gym tomorrow. I promise."

"You better be." Not waiting for me to say anything, she sighs hanging up.

Thankfully the phone call with Barbara killed some time and I only had to wait five minutes until Dean arrived.

"Sorry I'm late, I got caught in traffic- Wow... um you look beautiful Sky." My cheeks tinge red and a smile surfaces on my face making me forget he was late.

Taking my chance to look him up and down I was surprised at the effort Dean had tried to make with his outfit. He was actually wearing at suit! Mindless of the fact he wasn't wearing a tie and his shirt was untucked in typical rebellious Dean fashion, he tried which made my smile turn into a full blown grin.

"Your wearing a suit." I say breathlessly still stupefied at the scene in front if me. He never seized to surprise me.

" Ugh don't remind me. This is probably the first and only time you'll see me in a suit." He rubs his hands down his face clearly embarrassed.

" Don't be embarrassed. I personally think I guy in a suit is very sexy." I tease feeling more confident than usual. I find myself moving closer to him until him and I are about a few inches apart.

"Hmm really? Are you saying I have to wear a suit to look sexy?" He teases back playing with the loose strands of my hair.

"Shut up Dean, you don't need me feeding your ego anymore. You'd probably explode from all that narcissism." He leans in with the intent of kissing me but His phone ringing halts him in his tracks.

Definitely a mood killer.

He looks at me apologetically and begrudgingly answers his phone.

" What Donovan?" He hisses making it obvious he was talking to Aaron. I laugh seeing his grumpy face.

Aaron says something to him over the phone and Dean eyes widen and he rushes out a spiel of 'thank you's' and 'I owe you so much."

Confused, I just wait for him to finish his call.

He hangs up grinning, leaning in in another attempt to kiss me. Deciding to play hard to get, I turn my face so the kiss lands on my cheek instead.

" Nuh, huh bad boy. You we're half an hour late, your not getting off that easily. " I say pushing on his chest to put some distance between us. " Plus I have a strict no kissing on the first date policy." Excusing the fact that I probably would have kissed him if Aaron hadn't called I was going to stick the the no kissing rule to see how long he would last. I wanted us to get to know more about each other better.

"You know what they say about rules, they're meant to be broken."

~*~

On the drive. Yes drive, because Dean actually brought a car for our date and not his motorcycle, Dean informed me that the plans he originally had for us fell through but he had something even better planned and he hoped I would like it.

It was so frustrating because the whole time he kept on dropping hints on how much I would like the surprise and the suspense was starting to kill me.

" Okay we're here." He parks in an area that seems almost foresty which makes me raise my eyebrows. Was he sure we were in the right place? He tells me to reach into the glove compartment and retrieve a blindfold.

Could this get anymore cliche?

" Is this where you drag me off into the woods and kill me so no one can hear my screams?" I tease.

" If I wanted to kill you what would I tell you to wear something nice?" He asks with a laugh.

" You never know. You could be one of those sardonic types that enjoys a good dose of irony." I shrug deciding not to argue and handing him the blindfold so he could put it over my eyes.

" This conversation is getting way too morbid for my liking Kingston." He mutters putting the blindfold on. " Can you see?"

" No." I sigh, internally rolling my eyes. " Scouts honor."

"Well now I certainly can't believe you because you weren't a Boy Scout."

" Shut up Dean, lets just go already." Laughing at me, he helps me out of the car and after a few trips and stumbles he finally tells me that we we're there.

When Dean removes the blindfold I stop dead in my tracks seeing the scene before me.

"Dean..."

We were in what in his thinking spot. As if it wasn't beautiful enough the entire space was decorated with a whole bunch of fairy lights and lanterns. There were pillows and everything just felt so majestical.

In short it was perfect.

"What's wrong? Is it to much, to little? I knew I should have just go with the original pl-" Before Dean could finish voices him worries I turn to him, latching my arms around his waist.

" It's beautiful. Thank you." I give him a chaste kiss on the cheek, burrowing my face into his neck.

" You like it?" Dean asks dumbfound.

Was he crazy, how could I not?

" I don't like it, I love it." I assure him. " Now are we going to start the date?" I untwine myself from him and let him lead me to big loveseat cushions that were in front of a big projector screen.

" I know you've always wanted to do the whole movie drive in thing so I thought I would take it to the next step and make it a luxury experience for you."

If Dean wasn't carefully my inside would probably turn into mush from how sweet he was being. I told him I had always wanted to go to a movie drive in a few weeks ago but I didn't think he was actually paying attention. In fact I had a particular movie that I always wanted if I ever went to one of these.

" Are we watching what I think we're watching?" I say immediately getting excited.

" Yes we're watching the Titanic but if you ever mention this to anyone I'll embarrassed you in front of the whole school" He warns with a groan. He no doubt thought this movie was stripping down his bad boy exterior.

I had never been one for mushy movies but the Titanic was my Kryptonite. I could probably watch it a millions times over and never get sick of it.

" Agreed."

Settling into Dean's arms, we spend the next few hours watching the titanic.

~*~

"How did you even get all of this done?"

We'd long since finished watching the titanic. I was surprised that I had convinced Dean to slow dance with me during the credits. It was nice to see such a mellow side of him rather than his usual bad boy persona.

We were currently eating the 'gourmet' dinner that Dean specially ordered for us.

That is if you find McDonald's gourmet.

Even so, I wouldn't have of any other way.

" Had a little help from the guys and Sienna." I nodded realising why the place looked so good. That that I doubted the boy's abilities but they don't exactly have a designers touch.

" I'll have to thank her the next time I see her. This place looks amazing.

" Hey! I did all the heavy lifting all Sienna did was chuck on a bunch of pillows and arrange some laterns." He huffs.

" Yeah and I'm Beyoncé." I scoff rolling my eyes. Dean could honestly act like such a kid when he wanted to.

" Not that I'm complaining but why the fancy outfits?" I ask gesturing towards myself and Dean's  almost suit. I didn't think he would dress up this much for a first date.

"Like I said, the original plan fell through. We we're supposed to go out to a fancy dinner. Plus I wanted to see you in another dress." A tinge of red spreads on Dean's cheeks making me smile.

"You're so adorable." I coo punching his cheeks.

" Don't push it Pipsqueak." He grumbles.

Looking at him, I could help but burst out laughing when I realised there was a firefly on his nose. Exactly like the first time we were here.

Not surprisingly, similar events arose and we decided to end the night early; Dean's ego severely bruised from the repeat incident.

"You are honestly such a big ego bruiser Pipsqueak. I always manage to embarrass myself whenever you are around."

" That's a good thing. Your ego certainly needs to be taken down a notch every once in a while." I retort smirking. He is never going to live this down.

" Please lets just forget about the whole incident."

"Okay Bad boy." I say rolling my eyes. " Thanks again for the amazing night. I can honestly say this is the best first date I've ever had."

" Glad you liked it. Now come let me walk you to your door. I have a feeling your mom will been on a manhunt if you're not inside in the next five mintues."

"You're probably right."

Getting out of the car Dean and I make our way to my house but I instantly halt in my tracks when I see something I never thought I would see again in a million years.

" Brandon?"

~*~

A/N:

Hey guys, I'm back! 

I'm so sorry for not updating for so long but I've been without a computer for the last 3 months and not to mention the major writers block I've been having lately with the part few chapters. My writing has changed quite a lot over the past few years so please bear with me if it takes me a while to update as it's hard to keep writing the same way I did when I first started WSFF.

Thank you guys so much for all your votes and comments , I really love and appreciate all the positivity and responses I've been getting with this book.

So what do you guys think about Skylar's Ex Brandon coming back? Kind of ironic isn't it?

How do you think Dean is going to act?

My first time you the inline photos so tell me if you guys like it. Please don't be ghost readers is love to hear from you all and I'll try my best to reply to your comments.

Anyways, until next time, don't forget to:

Vote/ Comment/ Share / follow if you deem worthy ;)

- Flori  <3

Finally giving you all some Dean lovin'

Your welcome  ;)

Happy valentines day!!<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 1.6K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
45.3K 435 33
Charlotte has just finished her third year in college with her best friend Lacey, both excited to go back to there hometown for the summer as well as...
2.6M 108K 45
Adelaide Beck dared Tristan Presley to become her best friend in the fifth grade... and he said okay. After a summer of doing nearly everything toge...
265K 10.7K 24
Sudden death changes everything. Started with a slap, a punch, a kick or two. Until it got to more, more than Skylar Rose can handle. Skylar's mom to...