When the Moon Rises (Teen Wol...

By honeybeahufflepuff

Beacon Hills, California isn't an ordinary place. Brittany Mcarthy soon realizes that when she becomes friend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 18

1.2K 23 2
By honeybeahufflepuff

Chapter 18:

                Stiles got us into the school. Scott was going to yell into the microphone in the principal’s office and see if Dr. Deaton reacted in some way. We walked in the direction of the office, our feet being the only sound echoing in the dark hallways and the only light being the flashlights Stiles and I were holding. I sighed and put my hands in Stile’s sweatshirt pockets that I was wearing. “What’s wrong?” Scott said concerned.

                “Just nervous, I guess,” I said looking around the dark hallways. Stiles patted my back.

                “It’s okay I’ll keep you safe if anything happens,” he said winking at me. I smiled and then looked at the ground.

“Hey! I’m here too! I’m the werewolf who has the best chance of surviving than any of you,” Scott said as we walked into the principal’s office. I giggled and Stiles rolled his eyes.

“Quick question,” Stiles said to Scott as he put his flashlight down on the desk. “What are you gonna do if the alpha doesn’t show up?”

                “I dunno,” Scott said quietly as Stiles connected to the loud speaker.

                “What if he does show up?” I asked putting my flashlight down. Scott shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

“Good plan,” Stiles and I said in unison.

                “You said a wolf howls to signal the position of the rest of his pack, right?” Scott asked.

                “But if you bring him here does that make you part of his pack?” Stiles asked.

                “I hope not,” Scott said quietly as he gulped. Stiles set the microphone up on the file cabinet in front of Scott.

“All you,” Stiles said as he turned up the volume on the microphone. Scott cleared his throat and closed his eyes.

                “AhhHHhhhHHHhhHhHhhHhHhh!!” He attempted in a howl. I tried to hold in my laughs, I swear.

                “Hahahahahahahaha!” I laughed. I fell to the floor and continued to laugh. Stiles scratched his head.

“What?! What’s wrong?!” Scott asked paranoid. I was still laughing on the floor. “That was a howl right?” Stiles grabbed my arms and lifted me up.

                “Technically…” Stiles said as he gave me a dirty look. I smiled and closed my mouth.

                “What?! I don’t know how to do this! How am I supposed to do this?!” I started to giggle, and eventually a snort came out of my mouth. I covered my mouth and tried to hold in the giggles.

                “If Miss Giggly over here would shut up!” Stiles said. I closed my mouth and cleared my throat. Stiles walked up to Scott and rubbed his shoulders. “Be a man. Be a werewolf, not a teen wolf. A werewolf.” Stiles gave Scott a little push before standing next to me again. Scott’s eyebrows turned in and he nodded. He took in a deep breath. Stiles started to bite his nails. Then, a noise came out of Scott I have never heard before. It was so powerful, it shook the whole building. Stiles put his body over me as we fell to the ground. Once the roar was over, Stiles got off of me, leaving his one arm around me. “Are you okay?” He asked. I nodded and he helped me up.

                “Was that fine?” Scott asked. As I stood up Stiles and I both nodded.

*****************************************************************************

                “I’m gonna kill all three of you!” Derek yelled as we walked back to the parking lot. “Are you trying to track the entire state to the school?!”

                “Sorry… I didn’t know it would be that loud…” Scott said.

                “Yeah, and it was awesome!” Stiles exclaimed.

                “Shut up.” Derek said.

                “Don’t be such a sour wolf.” I looked ahead and saw red eyes in the distance. I grabbed Stiles arm. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

                “Is Dr. Deaton in the car?!” I asked not tearing my eyes from this creature’s eyes.

                “No… what’d you do with him?” Scott asked Derek. A big, wolf-like creature jumped out of the bushes and started charging at us. My heart started beating faster and faster.

                “Derek look out!”  I yelled. But it was too late; the werewolf which I guessed was the alpha dug his claws into Derek’s back and lifted him off the ground. I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out. Stiles grabbed my hand

“C’mon Brittany!” he yelled. I grabbed his hand harder and we charged into the school. Before we got into the school I looked back, the alpha threw Derek against the brick wall. Scott and Stiles slammed the doors shut and ducked. I sat in the middle of the doors to try to keep the alpha out.

                “Lock it!” Scott screamed.

                “Do I look like I have a key?!” Stiles yelled back.

                “Get something to lock it!” Stiles stood up and looked outside. I stood up and looked too. The pair of pliers was lying on the ground a few feet away. I looked at Stiles nervously. “Stiles, no!” Scott yelled.

                “Yes.” I grabbed Stiles by the arm and turned him towards me. I started to get tears in my eyes. I couldn’t have another person die, not like this.

“Stiles… no. Please don’t,” I said the tears streaming down my face. He grabbed my hand.

                “Hey, I’ll be right back, don’t worry. I promise, I’ll be back inside before you know it.” That lump in your throat you get when you cry, just got as big as a tomato.

                “Stiles, please.” But it was too late, he let go and ran outside. Scott pulled me into an embrace.

“I can’t watch,” I said as I buried my head into his chest. I felt Scott tense up. I pulled away and looked out the window. The alpha came out from hiding behind Stiles’ jeep. He stared at Stiles before charging at him. Scott and I began to bang on the door as loud as we could. “Stiles! Stiles!! Hurry!!” We both yelled. Stiles grabbed the pliers and ran back to the door. When he got back inside he put the pliers in the door so it was semi-locked. We stood back from the door. I grabbed the flashlight from the ground and looked outside for the alpha.

                “That’s not gonna hold, is it,” Scott said. Stiles shook his head. Simultaneously, we all ran in the same direction down the dark hallway. We all ran into our history room, and started to push the desk to hold the door closed.

“Wait,” Stiles said putting his arm up. “The doors not gonna keep it out,” Stiles said.

                “We know that but it will give us some time!” I exclaimed.

                “Deaton is the alpha.”

                “What?!” Scott said. I had to agree with Stiles, the evidence was there. He wasn’t in the car when the alpha showed up. “It can’t be!”

                “Sorry, Scott. But I think Deaton is the psycho werewolf,” I said. Scott shook his head in disbelief.

                “He killed Derek!” Stiles said.

                “Derek can’t be dead!” Scott exclaimed letting go of the desk.

                “He threw him 20 feet in the air!” Stiles yelled back. Scott still shook his head in disbelief. “The blood spurting out of his mouth doesn’t exactly qualify as a minor injury!” Stiles yelled. I shushed them.

                “Okay, let’s just find out how to get out of here before we are dead!” I whisper-yelled. “All we have to do is get back to your jeep,” I said motioning to Stiles. “And then we’re out of here and then I’m quitting my job.” We all stepped away from the desk and to the window to look at Stiles’ jeep. Scott tried to open the window so we could run out it, but Stiles stopped him.

                “There’s an alarm system on them,” Stiles said. I looked over at his jeep; there was a huge dent on the front of it.

                “What happened to your jeep?” I asked him. Stiles looked over.

                “What the hell-” All of a sudden, I felt a pain in my head and glass was everywhere. Stiles put his body over me protectively as we ducked down onto the floor. He got off me and sat down. There was Stiles’ battery from his jeep on the other side of the room. “That’s my battery!” Stiles said as he got up to go get it. Scott and I pulled him down.

                “He could be right outside!” Scott said. I winced as the pain in the back of my head worsened. I lifted my hand to the back of my head. I felt liquid. I looked at my hand and there was blood all over it.

                “I think the battery hit my head and opened up my wound that was already there from before…” I said as I got lightheaded. Stiles looked over at me worriedly.

                “What?! Oh, nonono not right now!” Stiles said as he grabbed me before I fell to the ground. I started seeing spots again.

                “Get me water, candy, anything…” I said as my eyes began to droop close. I felt a tissue on my neck; Scott was trying to stop the bleeding.

“That stupid bastard…” I heard Stiles say under his breath as I laid on him. “We’ve gotta move now, or he’s gonna get us,” Stiles stated. “Brittany, can you get up?” I nodded and started to stand before they could help me. My legs we like noodles, and like before, all I saw was darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 114 23
High school senior, Paris is so excited to finally get her braces off but something that effects the entire town might possibly stand in her way or e...
10.5K 253 31
Once the monsters are up the stairs, you know it's too late. The voice can't change it, no matter how hard it tries.
149K 3.4K 21
Hermione Granger gets locked in a closet with Fred Weasley one day during her fifth year. It is not just any old closet at Hogwarts. It likes to hold...