Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

                Stiles P.O.V.

                I quickly jumped up and ran to the quickest door. Luckily, it was unlocked. I waved everybody in here and they quickly ran in. I shut the door and Scott propped a chair on the doorknob so it would keep it locked. “Jackson, how many people fit in your car?” I asked Jackson.

                “Five, if we all squeeze” he replied looking around. I sighed angrily.

                “Five? But there’s…” I counted everybody. Me, Scott, Allison, Lydia and Jackson… “Five of us… wait…”

                “Where’s Brittany?!” Lydia squealed as more tears formed in her eyes. I looked around. Oh god. I looked out the small window in the door and there was the alpha standing over Brittany. I jumped back as the alpha quickly turned his head and growled. Allison put her hand over her mouth and tears formed in her eyes too. I heard his heavy breathing fade away and I looked out the window again. I almost fell to the ground. Brittany wasn’t there, but there was a pool of blood in her place. “Oh my god! Where is she?!” Lydia cried as she looked out the window. Scott looked at me showing a worried look on his face.

                “She’s gone?!” he yelled. I shook my head yes. He turned around and punched a desk while letting out a heavy scream. Allison was now crying.

                “We have to go get her!” she cried. Jackson pulled her into a hug. Lydia eyed them then turned to Scott and I.

She sniffled and said, “She’s right, we have to find some way to find her before she does bleed to death or Derek kills her.”

************************************************************************

                Brittany’s P.O.V.

                I woke up with a start and looked around me. Everything was dark and splotchy. I was surrounded by sports equipment. I felt around me. I was in a closed in place. I was back in my nightmare. A closet. I whimpered and tried to stand up, but it was no use. I was too weak.

                “Awake now, are we Brittany?” said a nasally voice outside the closet.

                “Let me out, please!” I cried as I started to shake.

                “No, I don’t think so,” he laughed. “This feels familiar doesn’t it? You being in the closet, a bad guy threatening you…” How does he know about that? I tried to stand up again. “No use, Brittany. You’ve lost too much blood. But, you can heal faster if you get one thing.” I started to get angry. Who was this guy, and what was he talking about?

                “Who the hell are you, and what do you want?” I screamed angrily.

                “I want you,” he said. I started to get confused. Me? What the hell would he want with me? “And Scott. I need him to join my pack.” This guy was starting to irritate me. “You see, you have a wonderful gift Brittany.” I froze. How does this guy know about me?

                “How do you know about that?” I asked. I heard him laugh. Again, he was really starting to irritate me.

“It’s easy to find out things in this small town.” I heard him pace in front of the closet door. “You could be so powerful…” he said more to himself, not me. “Take it Brittany,” he said now to me.

                “Take what?” I asked.

                “For god’s sake, the bite! Jesus! I thought you were smarter than that!” He yelled. I’m sorry, WHAT?! I don’t want to be a werewolf! I like my normal, teenage girl life. Okay… maybe I don’t have such a normal life, but still no! I mean, I wouldn’t feel so helpless anymore and I wouldn’t need protection. I looked at the crack on the bottom of the floor he was standing right in front of me.