Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Brittany’s P.O.V.

“C’mon princess, we gotta get over there,” said my Dad and he buttoned up his purple polo. I groaned. “What’s wrong?” he asked, obviously knowing why I groaned.

“You know. You walk in. Be all tough on Stiles and ask him uncomfortable questions. I get embarrassed. Lose the one out of the two friends I had made,” I said.

“Aww I don’t do that!” he laughed. “Now c’mon. And besides, most of the time Mr. Stilinski and I will be talking about work.”

I groaned again and got up from my bed. I straightened my dress and brushed my hair. Let’s get ready for a night of embarrassment.

My dad knocked onto the Stilinski’s door with a pathetic smile. I rolled my eyes. The door opened and there stood a guy who I was guessing to be Stile’s father. He was Stiles’ height but a little bit wider. He had a buzzcut and brown tired eyes. I smiled at him.

“Hi, I’m Brittany,” I said as I held out my hand. He shook it and smiled back.

“Nice to meet you Brittany, I’m Mr. Stilinski. Stiles told me that you two have already met,” Mr. Stilinski said.

“Yeah we have,” I said.

“Why don’t you come in?” he said stepping to the side so we could get in. I walked into an empty house. Not empty as in furniture or anything like that, but it just felt empty. Lonely. I heard footsteps from the hallway. Stiles walked into the kitchen where we were. He saw me and smiled. His head slowly looked up to my Dad. Yeah, my dad was that tall. Stiles rubbed his legs a few times and held out his hand.

“Hi… I’m Stiles,” Stiles said nervously. My dad shook his hand hard shaking Stiles’ whole body.

“What’s your first name boy?” my dad asked, is voice booming.

“Um… well I-I-”

“He only likes to be called by his last name or his nickname. Which is Stiles. Which you shall be calling him,” I said sternly.

My dad sighed, “Alright, Stiles.” I turned toward Stiles. He gave me a look that said “thanks”. Mr. Stilinski rubbed his hands together.

“Alright well how about we get dinner started? You two can go- you know- do whatever teenagers do,” his dad joked with us.

“Don’t let me catching you doing something you’ll regret,” my dad said his voice echoing throughout the house. I felt my face burn up.

“Dad!” I yelled. He shrugged his shoulders. Stiles motioned me to walk down the hallway. We walked into his room which was light blue. There was a twin sized bed in the corner and a dresser. In front of his window was his desk. I went towards his window and saw my room. “That’s my room,” I said. Stiles walked up to the window.

“Well how about that?” he laughed. I sighed and sat down on Stiles bed. “What’s wrong?” He asked sitting next to me.

“My dad. I’m really, really sorry about what happened, and what is about to happen. He just gets like this when…”

“Hey, you just got an over-protective dad, no worries.”

“Listen to me,” I said as I looked hard into Stiles eyes. “You will feel uncomfortable. No matter what you say. You will probably think you’ve made a fool of yourself but don’t worry you haven’t.”

He laughed, “Wow, your dad must be really bad.”

“I’m serious. He is. But promise me you won’t cut me out of your life because of him. I know we met a few hours ago, but whenever I bring a guy home my dad has to make them feel uncomfortable and then they cut me out of their lives,” I said this really fast. I do that all the time when I have a lot to say.