Handcuffed to Zander

By Slave2gravity

I found myself staring at the plain white ceiling again. My thoughts overtaking me with worry, anger, and sad... More

Handcuffed to Zander

9.1K 351 95
By Slave2gravity

He's such a breadstick omg.

Chapter 13: Flustered and Confused

Song Chapter: I Miss You by Blink 182

Aria Evans

To say I was happy to be back to the one place that sucked the life out of me would be a big, fat lie.

Spring break had unfortunately ended which meant I had to go back to school. Back to the place where trends and popularity were everything.

After looking at the big bulletin board that showed me where to find my home room, which happened to be the same home room I had last time, I made my way towards my locker, avoiding any human contact as possible.

"Dylan!"

My attention focused on my bestfriend who found me shrieking his name amusing. I huffed in annoyance as my small fist found his arm in a sad attempt punch.

"Ouch."

His sarcasm made me scoff as I rolled the dial of my locker around, trying to memorize the combination. I haven't been here in a week and I already forgot the combo.

How nice.

"Woah Ari, what the heck is attached to your wrist?"

I sighed once again as I took a look at my wrist which was still in fact handcuffed.

After processing in my head that I was finally free from Zander Bue, I left both Chuck and Zander, both still very intoxicated, and went straight home. I also haven't spoken to either of them since.

"Not important. Where the heck were you all weekend?"

He smiled cheekily at me, rubbing his neck as he lightly shrugged. My eyes narrowed.

"Home."

"Really?"

"Uh-huh."

"Doing what?"

"Trying out the new For Honor game that I just got."

I humphed in acknowledgement as I finally opened my locker. I stuffed new material I got, such as notebooks and all that good stuff as I saw Dylan open his a few lockers down from mine.

It was probably my fault I didn't see him all weekend, I couldn't contact him at all seeing as I did loose my phone. Speaking of my phone.

"Hey Dylan?"

"Yeah babe?"

Dylan's and I's relationship was full of brother and sister love, so hearing him call me 'babe' didn't phase me at all. He always calls me cute pet names like that.

"Have you seen my phone? The last time I saw it was at that party you dragged me to."

My face scowled at the mere mention of that stupid party. My wrist hurt like a butt cheek on a stick all because of that stupid, lame party.

"Uh, no, don't remember anything at all from that night. Why are you asking me?"

I guess he doesn't remember anything either, so much for trying to find my phone. But why was he acting so defensive?

"You okay D?"

His cheeks reddened and his eyes widened at my simple question.

"Yeah, hey listen I have to go, don't want to be late for homeroom, bye babe."

He quickly kissed me on the head as he rushed away, accidentally bumping into someone in the process.

Didn't we have the same homeroom?

I shrugged his weirdness off, figuring it was just Dylan being him again as I closed my locker shut.

"What's his problem?"

My breath hitched and my eyes closed, still facing my locker and avoiding the one person I couldn't stop thinking about the whole weekend.

It was crazy to think that my thoughts would be consumed of his amazing smile and his disgusting innuendoes that I had embarrassingly miss, but I was never going to tell him that.

"What do you need Zander?"

He scoffed as I finally found the strength to face him, letting my eyes wander down at his appearance. And dare I say it, not bad.

"We still have a little problem to solve Evans."

He spat, showing me his right, handcuffed wrist. His little reminder made me groan, already dreading the school day ahead of me.

"Let's just have a normal school day and we'll figure it all out after school."

"Fine."

"After school, in front of the library."

"Wait, why the library?"

"Because."

"Where the fuck even is the library?"

At that moment the late bell rang, informing me that I was late to homeroom seeing as there was no one else in the hallway except Zander and I.

"Just meet me in the damn library after school,"

I grumbled as I dragged my feet down the hallway towards my homeroom class.

***

"Oh, thank god you're alive mate."

I had proudly survived homeroom and first period, and now I was in second, Forensic Science.

I turned around, tilting my head up, seeing a smiling Chuck. I barely noticed how tall he was, damn.

"I have been meaning to ask you where you got your accent from, but I've been kind of busy."

I held up my cuffed hand as he lightly laughed, finishing off with a breathtaking smirk.

"I'm Aussie, born in Sydney."

"Hot."

I didn't notice I had said that out loud as my cheeks reddened and he let out a loud laugh.

Oh my god, how embarrassing.

"Thanks, babe."

"Yeah uh, what do you mean, thank god I'm alive?"

I changed the subject quickly, finding it hard to not stare at his ocean blue eyes. I wouldn't mind drowning in there.

"Oh, I thought you were dead! Zander and I woke up on Saturday to find a missing Ari and the other half of the handcuffs."

I blushed lightly as I heard him call me Ari. Sure, everyone called me that but it sounded nice coming out of his lips. I took this time to glance at his lips and I found myself gaping at it.

Holy sexiness.

"You got a lip piercing?"

"Yeah, you like?"

I nodded too quickly as I found myself staring as he lightly bit it, playing with it.

"It's uh, nice."

I thanked the heavens that Mr. Fletcher decided to start the class at that moment, giving a smirking Chuck no chance to reply to my obvious flustered self.

I sighed in relief and let my head drop on my open textbook, letting my cheeks cool off their redness before I resumed to learning, acting like I wasn't just fawning over a hot, pierced lip Australian.

***

Lunch time soon came after second period, letting me internally relax from my heaving, social anxiety.

I hummed a Blink 182 song as I carried my feet across the cafeteria, towards a table that held bickering twins, and a tired Dylan.

A big smile automatically filled my face, I missed them.

I slumped myself down in a chair and sighed in content, happy to be out of class for a bit.

"Hey guys."

At this moment, Noah and Derek stopped their bickering to give me a warm greeting while Dylan just grunted in response, his whole attention on his phone.

What's up with him?

"How's the first day back going?"

I frowned at Noah's question, shaking my head lightly as I simply answered.

"School sucks."

The twins snickered at my sour mood.

"Same. They gave me all my classes with Noah, like if I don't already have to deal with his annoying self at home."

"Hey, hurtful!"

"I said it with love, now fuck off."

I couldn't help but laugh at their dumb conversation, that somehow, always led to them fighting. A small amount of my happy mood was brought down as my eyes flickered to Dylan as he still had his attention on his phone, lightly biting his lip in concentration.

"What class do you two have next anyway?"

"Well, I think we have-"

"Aria."

My head flickered towards Dylan, who finally looked up from his phone. But it wasn't me who he was staring at.

I looked behind me and found the eyes of Zander who sneakily nudged his head towards the direction of the exit door. I nodded lightly, informing him that I got the hint.

I got up, grabbing my bag informing the guys that I would see them later. I got weird looks from the twins but a shrug from Dylan.

I quickly followed Zander out the door and down the hall, stopping in front of our school's greatest accomplishments case.

"What about a 'normal school day' do you not understand?"

I didn't like the suggestive looks or glares I was getting from people in the cafeteria, they probably saw the whole encounter I had with Zander back there. Even if it did just involved head movements.

"I found out something."

This shut me up.

"What is it?"

"A friend of mine told me that he saw your bestfriend leaving the party early and it looked like he was in a hurry."

What?

"Bullcrap."

"It's the truth sweetheart. And I suggest you start questioning him because I'm pretty fucken sure he has answers."

And just like that, he left.

And I had a lot more questions than I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 2.7K 30
Denique is an innocent virgin girl who met the young don and fell inlove. Read to find out moreπŸ“š
24.7K 825 18
[ONGOING πŸ”ž] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
994K 52.4K 33
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
42.3K 1.8K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 πŸ†