Avoidance Pulled Me In (compl...

By Oreoz54

What happens when your mom disappears and asks not to look for her? It happened when he was seven and ever s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
EPILOGUE

Chapter 19

388 9 8
By Oreoz54

Chapter 19

            It was around the time school usually ended for me. The doorbell rang. I grunted as I went to answer it. I was fed up with dealing with my dad this whole day, and now someone was interrupting me while I was watching re-runs of Pretty Little Liars on TV? The episode I was watching right now involved a lot of Noah. Some people at school think I look a lot like him; they are crazy.

            “Aiden?” I asked in surprise. “What are you doing here?”

            “Hello to you, too, Jay,” Aiden said sarcastically and let himself in. “The question is why are you here?”

            “Because I live here?” I answered in a ‘duh’ tone.

            “Right. But why weren’t you in school today? I know you didn’t tell Aubrey the complete reason,” he told me.

            I sighed. “Okay, you know me too well.” I slumped onto the couch next to him.

            “Damn right I do. Now tell me what happened.”

            “I overslept and woke up with a hangover,” I whispered.

            Aiden narrowed his eyes. “Why the hell were you drinking?”

            “Long story,” I said.

            “I have time. That’s why I came to see my best bud.”

            “Okay. So I woke up in the middle of night to a loud thud. I went downstairs and found my dad passed out drunk on the floor with a half-empty bottle of vodka. I put him on the couch to sleep and somehow I woke up with a hangover and an empty bottle in my hand.”

            “Why the hell was your dad drinking?” Aiden questioned.

            “Because my wife fucking left me, Aiden,” Dad sniffled from the top of the staircase and went back into his bedroom.

            My mouth dropped opened and Aiden’s eyes widened a bit. “What is he talking about, Jayden? I already know about your mother.” Yeah, of course Aiden knew. He was my best friend.

            I lowered my voice. “She divorced him yesterday.”

            “What? Why? How?” Aiden freaked out.

            “Papers from the mail. They said she remarried some asshole,” my tone hardened.

            “I can’t believe that.”

            “Me neither.” I put my hands in my face. “I still can’t believe she’d do this to us.”

            I felt a hand on my shoulder. “It going to be okay, Jayden. I mean not to pry, but is it going to make that a big difference? She was already gone for so long.”

            I looked at Aiden. He did make a big point there. “But I will never forget her.”

            “I’m not asking you to. But you can’t let this hold you back. You need to move on and live your life,” he said calmly.

            “I think those words are more rather suited to say to my dad.”

            “I agree.”

            The door bell rang again. “Who now?” I grumbled.

            I opened the door to see Aubrey. She immediately made a smile blossom onto my face. “Hey, beautiful!” I wrapped her into my arms and gave her a lingering kiss.

            When we pulled away, she rested her forehead on mine. “Hi, handsome. Your girlfriend missed you,” she breathed.

            I chuckled. “Your boyfriend missed you, too.”

            “Well, guess what?”

            “What?”

            “I love you!”

            “No way! Me too!”

            “Okay, barf. Best friend present here,” Aiden interrupted.

            I stared at Aubrey whilst grinning as I shooed my hand at Aiden from behind. “Shush. Go fall down a well and die or something.”

            “Thanks man. I feel your hospitality. Go on ignore me. I’m just going to watch some Ellen DeGeneres.”

            “Yeah yeah.” I intertwined me and Bree’s fingers. “Here, come in, Bree. Sorry for making you stand out there.”

            “Actually, I just came to stop by quickly to see you,” Bree admitted. “I’m going to the mall with Brooke and some friends.” She pointed to Brooke’s car that was double parked in front of my house.

            Brooke rolled down the passenger window and shouted at me, “Hi, bitch!”

            I laughed and wiggled my fingers at her. “Hi, whore! You’re in public you know!”

            “And little bad boy cares?”

            “Touché.”

            Aubrey pecked my lips. “Bye. I got to go now. Text me, love ya!” She skipped down the porch steps and waved at me.

            “See ya, babe!” I shot back and locked the door as they drove off.

            Aiden tugged my arm. “Come with me, Jayden.”

            “What are we doing?” I asked him.

            “Just be quiet and follow me,” he ordered as he started to ascend upstairs.

            As soon as we were in the hallway, Aiden opened the door to my dad’s bedroom. “Wow, poor man. He really needs a guys’ night out,” I whispered.

            We tiptoed into the room. Aiden agreed, “Yeah, he does.”

            The blinds were closed keeping the sun out. Dad was underneath the covers curled up and sleeping. You can tell by his face that he had been sobbing again.

            Aiden’s face suddenly lit up. “I have an idea.”

            “What is it?” I wondered.

            He grinned. “Me, you, your dad, my dad. Let’s all go clubbing!”

            I thought about. “Great idea! He needs it.”

            “Let’s wake Drew up first…” Aiden pulled open the blinds and yelled, “Rise and shine cry baby!”

            I pulled the covers off of him. “Get yo ass up, Dad!”

            Dad suddenly jumped on the bed and yelled, “Ahhhh, more bed intruders!!!”

            Aiden and I stared at him weirdly. He stared back with wide eyes and pointed his finger at us and said with a raspy voice, “He gon find you.”

            “Dad, don’t sing again. We’re going clubbing tonight,” I told him straight and forward.

            “Whatever go have fun,” he replied.

            I clarified, “You’re coming with us and so is Aiden’s dad.”

            He crossed his arms and shook his head. “Nope. You two go with Joseph without me.”

            “I’m not taking ‘no’ for an answer,” I warned him sternly. “You need this. You are going and that is final.”

            He glared at me. “Make me.”

            ~

            “I’d like six shots of vodka with cranberry juice,” Joseph shouted at the bartender over the music.

            “I call designated driver,” Dad grumbled.

            Joseph, Aiden’s dad, shook his head. “Nope, that will be someone else. Wait, no, we came with a cab. Anyways, Drew, you’re here for a guys’ night. Enjoy yourself a little.”

            “Yeah, Uncle Drew,” Aiden agreed. He took a vodka shot. Aiden and I didn’t have a hard time getting into the club, thanks to our fathers.

            “C’mon, Dad. Relax. We came to party, drink, and club,” I pushed two shots of vodka towards him and I kept one for myself. Joseph took the rest.

            “I’m doing this for you, son. So don’t yell at me if I do something stupid tonight. Cheers, to us,” Drew held up his glass.

            Joseph, Aiden, and I echoed him, “To us!” The four of us clunked glasses together and drank it all in one shot.

            I felt my phone vibrate. I set my glass down and pulled out my phone to see who it was. Aubrey was calling. I rejected it and sent her a text instead since it was way too loud in the club to hear her.

            ‘Sorry can’t talk. Clubbing with guys. Ttyl <3’

            I hope Bree didn’t misunderstand me. And back to my dad’s words, I hope I don’t do anything stupid tonight either.

            ~ 1 hour later~

            “I kissed a girl and I liked it

            The taste of her cherry chapstick

            I kissed a girl just to try it

            I hope my boyfriend don't mind it

            It felt so wrong

            It felt so right

            Don't mean I'm in love tonight.

            I kissed a girl and I liked it (I liked it)...”

            Dad was doing karaoke and he was drunk. I clapped my hands and cheered for him. “Woohoo! Go, Daddy!” I slurred. Okay, maybe I was kind of drunk, too.

            “Do you, do you see that… handsome young man? Over there, right over there? That handsome young man… he’s my son! Hahaha!” Dad giggled into the microphone as he pointed to me. “I love you, Jay Jay!”

            I sipped my beer. “Hey, old man!” I cupped my hands around my mouth as I shouted. “Don’t you call me that! My name is… my name is… It begins with a J!”

            Aiden slapped my back and laughed a drunken laugh. “Man, he just said that!”

            “Nah, don’t play game with me, man! He didn’t,” I waggled my finger at him. “You’re too funny! Don’t lie to me!”

            “I lied to you? Shit, I’m so sorry, man!” Aiden hugged me. I embraced him back.

            “It’s okay. I still love you!” I sniffled.

            “You do?” Aiden yelled. “I love you, too! Gosh, I thought we were going to break up!”

            I punch him on the shoulder. “That’s crazy talk! That’s bad for my health!”

            “Hey, you drunk motherfuckers!” Dad yelled. “Up for another good song?” The people in the club cheered him on. “Fucking awesome! My friend, Joe, is going to duet with me!” Dad pulled an also drunk Joseph up from where he was standing and onto the small stage with him. Their song was Starstrukk by 3OH!3.

            “Nice legs, Daisy dukes,

            Makes a man go whoo-whoo

            That's the way they all come through

            Like whoo-whoo whoo-whoo

            Low-cut, see-through shirts That make you whoo-whoo

            That's the way she come through

            Like whoo-whoo whoo-whoo…”

            Along with the rest of the club, Aiden and I were laughing and cheering our dads on.

            “… Tight jeans, Double D's

            Makin' me go whoo-whoo

            All the people on the street know [whoo-whoo-whoo-whoo]

            Iced-out, lit-up

            Make the kids go whoo-whoo

            All the people on the street know whoo-whoo whoo-whoo…”

            They should be singers. Their talent just touched me and made my eyes sting. They were growing up so fast. When they were finished, they got a huge round of applause.

            Aiden pulled me to the dance floor. “Let’s dance!” He found some random chick and she started to grind up against him, bottle in hand.

            I’m Into You by Jennifer Lopez featuring Lil’ Wayne starting and some girl started to rub up on me. I put my hands on her hips and swaying to the beat with her.

            “Na na na na na na na na na yeah

            Na na na na na na na na na yeah

            Na na na na na na na na na yeah…”

            “Hi, I’m Tune, the man on the moon

            I live on the beach, get the sand out your shoes

            And all of that change since I met you

            So we can leave that old shit in the restroom

            Okay now I’m into you, like you never knew

            I’m falling for ya baby, I need a parachute

            Pu$sy so wet, I need a wet suit

            Your way to fly, I could be your jet fuel

            Now tell me what you like, I like what you tell me

            And if you understand me, then you can overwhelm me

            It’s too late, it’s too late

            Every finish line is the beginning of a new race, Young Money…”

            “You got me and I could not defend it

            I tried but I had to surrender

            Your star got me under the spell

            Left me no other choice but to get down

            It’s too late

            It’s too late

            It’s too late

            It’s too late

            You got it

            You got it

            You got it

            You got it…”

            The girl dancing with me was now tugging on my hand. She was leading me to the restroom. I was oblivious and cloudy-minded and wasn’t thinking at all and I was drunk. In fact, that very moment, Blame It by Jamie Foxx began to play next in the club.

            The girl lifting herself onto the counter and I joined her. She put her lips to mine and started to kiss me sloppy with a lot of tongue. But nothing Jayden Lowe hasn’t experienced. Hey, I remembered my name, ha ha. I responded with my experienced mouth.

            The girl brought her hand to the front of my pants and squeezed me. She put her finger on the zipper and pulled it down…

            Shit! No! That sobered me a bit! I pushed the girl away. “No!” I yelled. “I can’t, I’m not supposed to be doing this!”

            Suddenly, the door flung open. “Ohmygod! I’m so sorry!” a girl squealed. I looked at her and she was blonde I think and there was something about her I couldn’t put my finger on. I just ignored her.

            I turned back to the girl who was trying to seduce me on the bathroom counter. She obviously didn’t hear me because she put her mouth back on mine. I put my hands on my hips prepared to push her away… Click! I heard a click and a door slam. But I thought nothing about it.

            I pushed her away and jumped down to my feet. “Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!” I swore out loud at I punched the wall all over again.

            “Does that mean you think I’m ugly?” the girl on the counter asked with a small voice.

            “Yes. You’re hideous and I hate you!” I screamed at her and stormed out of the bathroom.

            I cheated on Aubrey. I fucking cheated on her after I repeatedly told her I never would. The girl I’m in love with, who loves me back. I just fucked up everything. How will she ever forgive me?

            I began to search for the guys. I wanted to go home. I couldn’t stay here any longer.

            As I pushed my way through the crowd of drunken club people, in the background Jamie Foxx sung, “Blame it on the a- a- a- a- a- alcohol. Blame it on the a- a- a- a- a- a- alcohol.

___________________________

:O WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE OREOZ54 AND JAYDEN AND THAT NONAME GIRL! AND JUSTIN BEIBER FOR THE HELL OF IT(Y'ALL PROBABLY ALL THINKING THAT RIGHT NOW)

Sorry, I haven't uploaded so long to this story. But on the bright side, this was a pretty long chapter, 7 pages on Word singled-spaced. :D Not editted btw.

Well anyways, I hope you guys don't hate me. I'm 14 and lovable. Don't eat me, I have cookies! :D Yes, blackmail, Tarika, yeah, do that, muahahahaha.....

I'm expecting votes and comments please and thank you! (:

Song of the chapter: Blame It by Jamie Foxx --->

Pic of Aiden ---> *eats it*

AND CAN YOU GUYS PLEASEEEE DO ME A FAVOR? PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY, DISTURBED AVALANCHE, AND VOTE AND COMMENT ON IT! IT'S ONLY A CHAPTER SO FAR SO IT WON'T TAKE A LOT OF TIME TO DO SO! ITS A HORROR AND ROMANCE! PRETTY PLEASE, IT WOULD MEAN LOTS! THANKS! The story is in the external link --->

Adios.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

827 326 43
An average man gets caught in the middle of the beginning of an apocalypse. Fighting for his life he escapes to tell everything to his fiancée. The n...
599K 29.6K 68
ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴜᴄɪᴜs. ʟᴜᴄɪᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ. Two inseparable best friends. A bond so beautiful that nothing could've broken them apart. But it all changed 𝘵�...
38.7K 2K 168
Jayden has been distant from family and friends since her mother passed away from Cancer . She takes her son Jayden Jr. and moves to a whole other s...
127 15 7
The peace of a 10 year old girl and her mother is disturbed by an unvited guest who turns their lives upside down.Will they survive this or will th...