Royal Pain (Book One)***Compl...

By romolavinia91

Dark, riveting, passionate, love, betrayal, revenge, evil Warning!!!! This is a first draft. If you want the... More

1. The Beginning
2. The New World
3. Tackle Time
4. Date With Darius
5. Ice Cream With a Vampire
6. History Lesson
7. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
8. Innocent Culprits
9. Predator vs. Prey
10. Guilty Mind
11. First Elimination
12. Butterflies and Shock Waves...
13. Never Beg for Mercy
14. An Unwanted Surprise
15. Nothing's Ever Fair
16. To Defy a Vampire
17. Hidden Little Secret
18. Rebels With A Cause
19. Beach Bums
20. Mask of Many Faces
21. Comforting Times
22. Sleepless Night
23. Struggles of the Heart
24. Promiscuous Ways
25. Birthday Wishes
26. Confessions
27. Waking To A Dream
28. Broken Dreams
30. Chosen Queen
THE END
BONUS

29. Distractions

92.3K 2.2K 238
By romolavinia91

Deva did the best she could to avoid Darius because she knew anywhere he was Red would be too, and she just couldn't take looking at her. Everything about the Red poodle made Deva's skin crawl, but of course we can't always get what we want. So when Deva walked into the kitchen she instantly regretted not checking before going in.

Red was sitting in the high chair with Darius right next to her. He was smiling, but not fully. Red was leaning over ushering the spoon full of some kind of food towards Darius' mouth. Deva wanted to barf at the sight of it.

"Wow Darius I didn't know your hands weren't working."

Red scrunched up her face at the sound of Deva's voice, giving Deva a satisfied smirk. "What are you going on about?" Red asked in an irritated voice while Darius tried to compose himself.

"Are you practicing on Darius until the baby actually comes?" Deva opened the fridge and grabbed the bottle of grape juice.

"No," Red scowled. "You're just jealous."

Was that all she could come up with? Deva slammed the fridge door and stared at the poodle like she was the stupidest thing on the planet because, in her eyes, she was.

Darius looked really uncomfortable, and Deva knew she wasn't making the situation any better, but she couldn't help it.

"Shouldn't you have your head over a toilet puking out your guts right now?" Deva asked referring to her morning sickness.

"I feel fine actually. Thanks for your concern." She turned to Darius giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Darius has been taking good care of me."

Deva took a small sip of her juice and mumbled, "I'm sure he has."

Darius quickly stood from his chair and walked over next to Deva. "We're needed in the throne room. There are a few ongoing trials that need to be taken care of."

"Right," Deva had completely forgotten about the trials.

In order for the remaining girls to get a feel of the kingdom and how it works, the King decided they should spend the afternoon in the throne room hearing out requests from the people or deciding punishments for crimes committed.

Deva walked to the door not sparing another glance towards Red and not caring if Darius did. In the hall, she felt the warmth from Darius' body walking beside her and it sparked old memories.

"I'm guessing all is good in paradise?" Deva asked not really wanting an answer. She didn't want them to be in paradise.

"It's going."

She noticed his hesitant reply, but didn't push it because they were now entering the throne room. The King and Queen sat tall and straight in the massive gold throne chairs. The throne room was half the size of the ballroom with marble pillars surrounding the sides. Vampires were already gathered around the sides of the room awaiting their turn or just there to witness. Three elegant chairs were set to the side for Deva, Julia, and Evie to sit on while the trials were being handled.

They watched as vampires came to give their requests. Since the King and Queen were soon leaving the throne, the princes were left with the decisions of the people. The three princes stood tall and broad with hard faces as they listened to each pleading vampire and human. The brothers took turns giving their answer and when a simple request came through they would ask the girls their opinion.

The evening went good enough, and soon it was time for the committed crimes. It was vampire after vampire pleading for their lives after stealing, cheating, or killing. The princes were strict and firm with their answers showing a merciless side that the girls had never seen before. The last trial was for two brothers. They approached the court and knelt down on the steps, respectively.

Darius stood before them and examined them with a judgmental gaze. "What has brought you here today?"

"Our sister has been taken," the brother with blond hair replied. His head was still cast downward.

"So you both decided to take things into your own hands." Darius showed no sympathy in his voice.

"Yes my prince. For our sister," the other brother added.

"You tried to commit murder against a fellow vampire." Darius ran a finger across his brow. He didn't like making the tough decisions but it had to be done.

The two brothers finally looked up with hallow eyes. "Yes."

"You know what the punishment for that is. Taking the law into your own hands without the right from your King could lead to death."

The two brothers stood still, and for some reason Deva understood their pain. Darius sighed and Deva sensed what his answer was. He was going to sentence the two brothers to death. It wasn't the first case today to have such a harsh outcome. Deva couldn't see it come out like that without getting a few more answers.

Before Darius could condemn them to death, Deva stood and started walking towards them. Everyone's eyes shot out to her and even Darius was a little surprised. She ignored the attention and focused on the accused brothers.

"Why did you do it? Why did you go after that vampire?" Her soft voice was reassured and helped relax the brothers enough to answer her.

"We believe he kidnapped our younger sister." The blond headed boy replied and Deva took a step closer.

"You were just trying to find her and make sure she was safe...at all costs."

The two brothers nodded.

Deva smirked and turned to Darius and then the other princes. "Sounds like some other brothers I know."

Marcus shook his head, but all three of the brothers knew it was true. They would fight hell if they knew it would save Izzy.

"Who is this man you have accused?" This detective stuff was much more interesting than the boring history lessons.

The brothers looked at each other before saying, "Luther Ingrid."

Deva turned to the guards who were standing on the far corners of the room. "Bring him here."

She didn't care if she was taking over the trial. She had to find out the truth because she believed the brothers were innocent. She couldn't let them be sentenced to death if they were really innocent.

The guards went through the crowd and brought forth a man with dark mysterious eyes and brown hair. He was giving Deva a deep murderous look that she couldn't stand. There was definitely something strange about the man.

"Luther Ingrid?"

The man bowed, "Yes my lady."

She studied his pose and formed face. He was trying really heard to fix his facial structure. Deva could tell he was holding something back so she questioned him.

"Is what these brothers say true? Have you taken their sister?"

Deva watched as his face fixed into the sweetest and most innocent face she had ever seen.

"No my lady. Of course not. These brothers speak nonsense. I have met their sister on a few accounts, but never would I think of taking her." He paused looking somewhat concerned. "It's just not my way...as a gentleman of course."

Deva noted the hint of glut darkness in his overbearing eyes. She didn't like him one bit, but decided she needed a better view. She walked to the steps and sat down to his eye level since he was still bent down. Everyone in the royal family was curious and on edge, anticipating Deva's next moves.

Deva stared him down and noticed his iron walls crumbling down from her intense stare. She wasn't sure why, but for some reason people just couldn't lie to her; it was like a sixth sense.

She smiled sweetly while tilting her head to the side. Luther didn't move under her gaze. "You're lying, Luther. I can see through that mask of yours."

He furiously narrowed his eyes at her. She had to admit his acting skills were impressive.

"Come on, Luther, you know it's eating away at you. Just confess and maybe my dear princes will go easy on you."

Luther was up in a flash charging towards Deva with anger and rage because of her accusation. He was easily stopped by the guards who were standing fairly close. Deva didn't move an inch, but felt Darius approach behind her.

"Hold him down." Darius ordered the guards who jerked Luther to the ground. Luther groaned and was forcefully kneeled to the floor with extra roughness.

"Well someone's a bit snappy," Deva said sarcastically. "What? Did I hit a sensitive spot?" Luther hissed, and it only made Deva laugh. "Just say it Luther. You know you want to tell me."

Deva's harsh stare was forced upon him, and it looked like he was fighting to keep his wits about.

She leaned closer to his agonizing dark eyes. He tried to look away, but something wouldn't let him. There was a force pulling him to look into her terrorizing eyes. He shook his head a few times to gain whatever control he had. He felt something tug within him and forcing him to confess.

"You know I have this gift to see the truth in people, and for some reason they feel the need to tell me the truth when I ask." His face was stern, but she could see his flaws. "Luther...don't make me ask again."

Luther cursed before confessing. "It was me. I did it."

"What did you do?"

His sharp gaze was fixed upon her, and she could tell he wanted to rip her to shreds. "I took their sister."

She smiled triumphantly while Darius came to stand in front of him disgusted with what he just heard.

"Where is she?" Darius demanded and Luther's gaze jerked up to face him.

"In an empty cabin by the Windros Lake."

Darius turned to his guards and ordered them to fetch the sister from the cabin. The two brothers looked relieved, but still mad with revenge. The whole court was astounded with Deva's impressive portrayal.  The King and Queen stepped forth and signaled for Deva to stand.

"That was quite a scene my dear. I am very impressed." The King exclaimed.

"I do what I can."

The two brothers standing trial came to her side and bowed in respect. "We are grateful and indebted to you my lady." The blond finally looked up. "May we have your name?"

"Deva," she smiled in return. "I'm just glad your sister will be okay. I can't imagine the grief you both have been through."

The trials ended and everything went quiet again. Deva felt drained of energy and completely exhausted after what felt like a daylong of nonstop trials. She did feel better thinking that she saved two innocent souls from dying. She was beginning to really love her ability to seek out the truth in people. It was really coming in handy. Deva headed for her room because sleep was calling her name.

Deva ran through the woods, faster and harder she pushed her legs to go further. Crushing fallen leaves and breaking stubble branches in her way. It was getting harder to breathe with each step, with each intake of air. It was dark and dreary making it difficult to see what was in front of her, but she couldn't stop. She felt something following her, forcing her deeper into the wild woods. Then she heard a noise and movement in front of her and stopped.

Listening for more commotion and panting for more breath, Deva searched and waited. It was trapping her, stalking her every move. Her heart accelerated as her eyes scanned the morbid surroundings. Something to the left by the tree caught her eyes. It was a bright color and stood out from all the darkness. Slowly she approached the object one step at a time.

The fear was settling inside her and consuming her senses. The bright object came into vision and Deva couldn't help but pick it up. She stared at the white delicate rose in her hand and was mesmerized by its' beauty.

The jolt of arms grabbing her from behind made Deva scream in terror. Lucian was hovering above her protectively.

"What the heck Loosh?" She pushed his hands away and sat up on the bed. She wasn't sure if it was because of Lucian or the dream, but her blood was still pumping from the small fright she had.

"I'm sorry Deva it was just that you were tossing in your sleep. I thought you were having a nightmare." He frowned.

"It's okay Loosh. It sorta was a nightmare." She wiped away the sweat from her forehead with her palm. That was some dream, she thought.

"Was I that loud that you had to wake me?"

"What?" He asked confused. "No, I was on my way to get you any way."

"Why what's up?"

Deva climbed out of the bed and stretched her limbs. Every bone in her body felt stiff.

"My parents have decided to announce the future queen."

Deva turned her head so fast he thought she might snap it off. "Now?"

Lucian only nodded.

Deva frowned. There was no telling who they would choose. "You know who it is?"

Of course he knew. It was his and his brothers' decision to make in the first place. She felt part of her heart drop. It was such an enormous decision that would affect the rest of her life.

"Yes." He turned his head away as if trying to avoid her eyes. She sighed. There was nothing she could do now.

They were the last to enter the study room. The King and Queen stood facing the window while Julia and Evie were seated on the couch. Izzy, Marcus, and Darius were also standing, but they were by the bookshelves.

Deva's eyes quickly flashed to Darius' face. He was already staring her down. It was so intense that she wondered if he knew something she didn't. Was he trying to give her a heads up?

Lucian led her to the couch were Julia and Evie were seating. She sat and Lucian reluctantly backed away to where his siblings stood.

"You three have showed the greatest potential. Each one of you are unique and talented in your own ways. But only one of you has what it takes to be queen of our world and now your world. It takes a certain courage and strength, self-sacrifice and willingness to be what you were born to be, Queen." The King scanned the girls' faces with admiration.

"One of you has shown all those qualities and more and with each new task has proven herself worthy over and over again, in trial and in life." The Queen looked at the girls with pride like a mother would show.

The King moved closer to the girls. "The future queen is..."

Deva felt like she already knew his answer but hoped she was wrong.

"Deva," he proclaimed with satisfaction.

Deva's head dropped in between her knees. Why did it have to be her? She never wanted it. She felt a small hand on her back and realized it was Julia.

"And if I refuse to be queen." It was an honor she didn't want. It was an honor that would only burden her with misery.

"You have no choice. We rest our peoples' future in your hands."

There was no getting out of this one. She knew she could do it. She knew she was strong enough, but something was holding her back. Did she want this life? It would mean she was stuck in their world forever. She could never get away. She could never get away from Darius.

Deva stood, shoulders back, and confidence exceeding her pores. "Then I guess you're looking at your future queen." With no more arguments, Deva accepted her fate. But where's my freaking prince charming now? Why couldn't things just be right for once?

The Queen rushed to her side pulling her into a soft embrace. "I promise to help you through everything you need to know."

"I'll help you too Deva." Izzy said giving her a hug.

The rest of the meeting consisted of planning for the coming out ball. The whole kingdom was to be invited and it was to be announced that Deva was their new queen. Planners were called in for preparations and everyone made a commotion over the whole ball. Deva excused herself shortly after complaining she wasn't feeling well. The King and Queen graciously let her leave. She avoided the heavy stares from everyone in the room. She didn't care to deal with them. Lucian quickly followed after her, and she didn't protest.

"Where are you going?" He curiously asked when they were heading the opposite side of her room.

She didn't bother to reply when they reached the kitchen. Chef wasn't present so Deva stocked over to the cabinet she knew he kept his liquor and pulled out a bottle. Letting the strong liquid burn down her throat helped her headache decrease.

Lucian didn't try and stop her. He just waited and watched as she drank the whole bottle down. She finally set the bottle down and turned to look at him. He wasn't mad or angry with her choice of venting; he never complained or told her to stop, but by the look on his face she knew he was disappointed.

"You don't want to be queen?"

"I want everything I can't have Loosh," she got up and felt her head spin. He was at her side lifting her into his arms before she could even blink again.

"Deva?"

"I don't feel so good Loosh."

"Sleep baby. I'll take you to your room." Deva closed her eyes and let the peace of sleep consume her.

 ___________________________

 Check out my book "Divine Purpose". I promise its just as captivating as Royal Pain.
Actually read all my books including "Hating you Sweetly"

VOTE!!!!! And remember to tell your friends. Thank you.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

576K 21.1K 22
This is the continuation of Royal Pain. The second book to my series of Mark of the Royals. Deva is alive but will she survive her new world as the...
17.7M 293K 79
There are TWO separate stories under this story group! Inject Me Sweetly: Vampires. Mythical creatures. Horrifying creatures. Creatures of the night...
127K 3.5K 47
This book is rated R for violence and language and sexual content readers you are warned.. *************** The war of the century has just be...
1.2K 347 29
She was just a normal girl, Then her world shattered. The death of her mother : who looks and deceives even her own daughter to think she was human. ...