The Makeover

By Spg041

Ugly. That's what she was. And then a year later, she's stunningly beautiful. Beautiful is an understatement... More

Planning
Oh gosh
What NOT to Wear
Stupid Quiz
Hair and Makeup
Workout
Dieting
The comebacks
Use the force
Seductiveness
Partayy
I don't have a chapter name
First Day
Getting Nowhere
Sneakin Out
New Guy
Brusters and B*tches
A date with James
How interesting...
Baby pictures? I don't think so mother.
Accepted Amber? NO
SUPRISE!
Birthday
Hiking?
The great outdoors
Strolling
Descisions, Descisions
My lovey:)
Harsh Relations
Tryouts
The Truth Comes Out
Macaroni like yeah
Confrontation
And the lightbulb goes off...
NoT so predictable after all
Reaction
Call the Cops!
You Only Live Once
Lake
Lake Part 2
NEW UPDATE COOL CATS
L-O-V-E
The name caller
Milkshakes
Stolen Away
Trapped
Eye openings
Morals
help me
The End
Epilogue
NEW STORY
Spin-Off Teaser
Not So Innocent
New story
A/N (Read if you want idk haha)

The Makeover

1.1M 7.8K 3.1K
By Spg041

A/N Summary of first chap at bottom in bold if you want because this chapter stinks tbh haha. Would recommend reading The Biggest Regret, what I'm working on right now. Also need an editor/cover if anyone is interested dm me please!

To see a picture of main character click on this link: http://beautyonthewall.blogspot.com/2012/03/beauty-answers-from-rachel-bilson.html

©Copyright 2013. All Rights Reserved.

I pay for my food in the cafeteria and I hear snickering and shouts of "loser", "nerd", and some worse names I'd rather not repeat. As I turn to see who it is, the sound goes away. After I turn back around, it starts back up again. I know who it is, though.

I dated Tyler, or Ty as I call him, three years ago, when I was in the eighth grade. He broke my heart of course. I was just too innocent and I didn't realize that life is not perfect. Fairy tale romances aren't real. My mom and dad are a good enough of example of this. They divorced when I was an infant and I never see my dad. Ever. I don't have any siblings either-just a few good friends.

Amber is Tyler's on and off girlfriend as of now. Class-A slut.

Anyways, I don't really know exactly why Tyler dumped me the day before high school but I have a pretty good idea.

It seems as if that *sshole thinks he is too good for me. He wants to roll with the big shots.

I was holding him down from being the "it" guy.

But you know, whatever, screw him. He doesn't even have true friends. 

As much as I hate to admit it, it was a painful breakup. Ty was my first relationship. Well, unless you count this guy, James, in my Kindergarten class. It's the usual little kid romance. I liked him and he liked me. Ta-da! And then one day he got down on one knee and gave me a ring-pop. Watermelon flavored, my favourite! So of course, I said yes to the proposal, but that strory's for another day. Does that mean I am technically married? Whatever. I haven't seen the kid in years and I don't think I will ever see him again.

Ever since that incident with Ty, our breakup, I have been a nobody and a fashion disaster. I am not blind- I know the clothes I wear are generally two sizes too larged and don't match and so maybe it's not normal to have a comfy day everyday. But why do I care?

Today is the last day of school of my junior year. I don't know what I want to do with my life in terms of majors and careers, but there is plenty of time for that. I'll figure it out eventually. I can't wait for college though! My fellow classmates will probably be a little more mature about my looks and not judge me. I'm going to go to a prestigious school, preferablly Ivy League, where people actually appreciate me.

As for Tyler, I am so over him and I'm not just saying that. I don't even know why I fell for him in the first place. I was naive back then, but I have hardened. I will not get hurt again. Maybe I won't even get in another relationship. I don't know yet. I haven't planned for anything so far in advance. 

I set my tray down at my usual table. Everyone else was already there amd by that I mean my good friends. I had six good friends I hung out with since middle school that have stuck with me through it all. They are my true friends and I love them to death! 

In our little group, there are two couples. Danny and Cassie and Alexx and Jay! There are also Lily and Foster, Well, they're not one of the couples, but I know they will be soon, so maybe I should make that three couples and me.

Regarding Lily and Foster, they are perfect for each other, but unless Foster has some alchohol in his system, he is super shy. Not likely to make a move. Anyways, Lily is a total girly girl, but not a mean one. She is really friendly! She also is very pretty and always has a positive outlook on life which is very hard to do sometimes. Lily has dirty blond hair that is medium length and she usually wears it in a high ponytail. Did I mention she is the captain of the cheer-leading squad? Usually all their pep annoys me, but she is different from them all. She does it more to compete in competitions and the tumbling part of the sport. She only does football cheerleading because she thinks basketball cheerleading is so overrated, which I would completely agree with, though personally I'm not a huge fan of football cheerleading either. I put up with her sport for a short season and she puts up with my dreadful outfits for years, so I really have no right in this matter.

Anyways, it's obvious Lily has a major crush on Foster, though she would never admit that. You think she would like Jay, who plays for the football team, but no. He is already taken by one of our other good friends, Alexx, anyways and I know Lily would never break the friend code. Anyways, Foster is like the complete opposite of Lily. Foster is like skater cool. When he walks down the hall he has this swagger thing going on that make people part like the red sea. He loves beanies and singing too (he has his own band which everyone in school loves). His hair is black and his skin is pale. He could be mistaken for a vampire.

Foster has a twin named Danny who is dating my friend Cassie. Unlike Foster, Danny has caramel brown hair and medium tan skin. He's cute in his own way. Everyone in my group is somewhat good looking besides me. Danny may be a total flirt, but he is really sweet and sensitive and is a great boyfriend to Cassandra.

Danny's lover,Cassandra, did not quit dance at the age of five like most girls. She still participates in ballet. She wants to be on Broadway when she gets older which is so cool. She could be a Rockette and be in that kick line...Or in a musical! But now I'm getting ahead of myself, so back to describing my friends. We call Cassandra "Cassie" by the way. Cassie has beautiful golden blond locks that go to her shoulders. They are naturally curly, but not frizzy curly. Those pretty bell curls other girls can only acheive with a curling iron and lots of hairspray. When you go to one of her dance recitals, I guess you could say that Cassie looks like a fairy.

Last but not least of the boys is Jay (I mentioned him earlier). He resembles Justin Bieber. He plays almost every sport but the main one he plays is football. Because of his long, giraffe-like legs, he is running back. He is super fast, so he is valued by the track and cross country teams in addition to the football team. From lots of time in the gym he is totally buff. All the girls swoon over him but he only has eyes for one-Alexx.

Oh how I love Alexx! She's very sarcastic and well, for lack of a better word-badass. She doesn't put up with crap. I'm not afraid to admit that I've been to the school guidance counselor before. She has advised me to ignore mean people, but Alexx is the total opposite. She will talk smack and beat you up if you detest her; she thinks that guidance counselors are shrinks that don't know what the hell they're talking about. Maybe I should schedule her an appointment with a therapist...Just kidding, I love her just the way she is. Like the other girls in my group, Alexx is also a blond but she is an albino blonde with super straight hair that reaches down to her belly button. She also has side bangs but they annoy her so she usually pins them back. Alexx wears a lot of black. Like leather and combat boots and skinny jeans and smoky eye makeup. She's not like goth or emo! She just...that one girl in the school who has attitude and who boys think is super sexy but don't even try. Think leather and motorcycles minus the tats and smoking. 

Alexx and Jay have the cutest love story; I've never heard anything like it. Before our group had formed, Jay had been persisting that Alexx let him take him on a date. Just one chance he claimed. After over a year of asking and declining, Alexx finally got pissed and said "yes". She thought she would hate it, but she had a great time when they went to watch Paranormal Activity and then a midnight picnic on the football field. If you ask me, that's sort of a strange date, but Alexx loved it. So then they started getting to know each other more and then Jay asked her out and she said yes willingly.

As of now, Alexx and Jay show a lot of PDA. A LOT. I don't think they get the concept.

Alexx spells her name with two "x's", but I don't think her name was originally spelled this way. Who knows, though. She really doesn't have a stable adult figure in her life such as one of her parents to talk about the weird spelling.  

"Addison?" said Cassie.

"Uh what?" I snapped out of my thinking phase. 

"I asked if you were coming to my recital on Friday?" 

"Maybe. I want to but I'm babysitting."

"Not again!" Says Alexx snorting with annoyance. 

""I just love little kids and I hate saying no," I explained in exasparation.  

"Me too!" Lily agrees with me.

Oh and besides, I don't wanna go to that recital. I have seen Cassie in the nutcracker thousands of times and even though she is very good at ballet and I love her to death, it's getting old. 

"Will you be there?" she asked Danny with puppy dog eyes. 

"Hon, I'm your number one fan. Of course I'll be there. I would be there even if you weren't the love of my life." Danny explains. Cassie giggles that goofy lovestruck giggle and a ginormous smile spreads across her face. 

"This disgusts me. Let's make out to distract myself from these horrors." Alexx said to Jay and as they leaned into kiss, Cassie stopped them. "Get a room because that disgusts me!" Lily and I agreed and Alexx sighed and left with Jay to go in some janitors closet. Yepp. These are my besties.

The bell rings and now I have P.E. with Alexx and Jay, but they are still in the closet doing whatever couples do when they're alone and in love. They weren't missing much. Jay could skip as much as he wanted because he gets out of everything for being the star of our sschool's football team. Alexx just doesn't care.

Time to go get dressed into my hideous yellow and blue uniform...

Cassie and Danny are Addie (main character's) friends and they are dating. Lily and Foster, Danny's twin brother, who are also Addie's friends like each other. Amber, head cheerleader, and Tyler, Addie's ex-bf and a major player now tease her daily for wearing unflattering, boyish clothing. Alexx and Jay are Addie's friends and Alexx is a total badass chick. Next chapter has P.E. class!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 2.8K 40
I'm Emily Cox's this is my highschool story everybody at my school stand clear from me well, all the girls anyways, boys all want me. I live with my...
551K 13.4K 25
Emery Scott was a shy quiet nerd who always got picked on but tried to stay out of everyone's way. She got picked on from 6th grade to sophomore year...
1.8K 3 8
[Book one] Riley Quinn, A 18 year old girl starts a new school in New York. Although she's never taken a fancy with the boys, one catches her eye. S...
227K 8.1K 35
Jamie is just trying to go through life as easily as he possibly can, but him being gay wasn't entirely helping him at his high school. He used to be...