We're a Family

By Soccerstar2015

From average days to big tournaments, best friends, Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd, look out for their daughter Ju... More

(1) A Little Bit of Trouble
(2) Good Morning to You too!
(3) Realizations
(5) Mama and Me
(6) Tobs
(7) Pancakes!
(8) Dinner Dates
(9) MoMo
(10) Pregame
(11) Goals!
(12) Keep it Together
(13) Just Don't Hurt Her
(14) That Time
(15) M&Ms
(16) No Ice!
(17)Grounded
(18) Bowling
(19) Heat Stroke
(20) Uh Oh
(21) Mama-ing
(22) Jealousy
(23) Planning
(24) Aftermath
(25) Cinnabon
(26) Bully
(27) Guess Who's Here?
(28) Mom and Papa
(29) Fish Fishy
(30) Training
(31) Progress In Two Directions
(32) Sweet Surprises
(33) "Bye" but possibly "Hi"?
(34) New Additions
(35) Understanding
(36) Ring! Ring!
(37) Insta-Fam
(38) Adventures in Writing
(39) We're Sisters
(40) Leaning on Eachother
(41) I'll Get It!
(42) Not So Sweet Surprises
(43) Moms
(44) Hide and Seek
(45) Strawberry
RED ALERT: GOOD NEWS!!

(4) Explosions

4.3K 84 7
By Soccerstar2015

Carli's POV

"Hey kiddo!" I say smiling as Julie walks over to us with her lunch in her hand. Hope pushes her chair back and pulls Julie on her lap making her laugh.

"Mom!" she giggles.

"What?" ask Hope innocently adjusting her so she's sideways facing me. "I just wanted to check on my baby."

"Mom I'm not a baby." says JJ trying to get up, but Hope wraps her arms around her waist to hold her still. "Mommy!" whines Jules.

"Oh cut that out." says Hope squeezing her in what I guess is a hug? I'm not really sure. It looks more like she's squeezing the breath out of her. "How does your head feel?"

"It still hurts and the stuff they numbed the cut with when they sewed me up is starting to wear off." she says laying back on Hope's shoulder.

"Can I check your stitches JJ? I didn't get a chance to see them earlier." I ask. I have total faith in our trainers, but they did just sew her up on the side of the pitch. They're really good with broken bones and torn ligaments, but I'm not so sure with busted heads. She nods and sits back up so I go around to Hope's other side. "Just tell me if it hurts baby." I say parting her hair in the back so I can see. "Love bug we have got to wash this hair of yours. This red does not go well with your blonde." I tease carefully tracing the stitches with my finger to see how tight they are. She didn't cut it straight down, but sort of in a horse shoe shape. They seemed to have done okay. They did them a little too far apart for my liking, but they look like they're holding.

"Did they...?" trails off Hope looking over Julie to me.

"Yeah they did alright." I shrug. "When you take your shower Jay don't do your hair, okay? You're going to have to let Mom or I do it. I don't want you to tear them, alright?"

"Okay Mama." she says moving her head away from me. She starts to bring her hand up to touch the stitches but I catch it.

"No Julie." I tell her putting back in front of her.  "Don't do that."

"Mama!" she huffs in frustration. Hope pops her thigh with her hand and glares at her.

"Julie Beth I told you earlier not to touch too." she says which in turn makes Julie roll her eyes. "Don't get an attitude with me missy. Just because you're hurt doesn't mean you won't get in trouble."

"Yes ma'am." she mumbles looking down. "I'm sorry for having an attitude."

"It's alright JB." says Hope hugging her and kissing her head again. Julie still continues to look down. I told you she can't stand making her mom mad. "Hey." whispers Hope trying to get her to look up. "I love you."

Julie grins and looks up to give her a kiss on the cheek, "I love you too." I smile at their moment while going back to my chair.

"Hey Jules?" I ask as she takes a bite of her food.

"Hmm?"

"You don't have plans tonight do you?" She shakes her head no. "Okay good because we're going to go do something."

"We are?" she ask almost choking on her chicken. Hope starts to laugh uncontrollably as she pats her back.

"I told you Car!"

"Shut up." I growl. "Yes JB, we're going out tonight. There's a frozen yogurt place not too far from here."

"It's a date!" smiles Julie happily continuing to eat. I smile back. See? Just mention food and I got her. Easy peasy. We all finish our lunch and have two hours before we head back out to the field for practice.

Hope's POV

Once Jay finishes her food we both head up stairs so I can try to get some of that blood out. The whole back of her head is stained red. I don't think she knows exactly how bad it is so I'm not going to tell her and just hope it rinses easily. No need for her to freak out over nothing if it'll just go away. "Okay Bug-A-Boo. Let's wash that wig of yours." I say in a silly voice making her chuckle. "Is that the shirt you want to wear to practice later babe?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Here." I say walking to my bag to get her a different one. "It might get wet. Change into this." I had her the new shirt and then head into the bathroom to set up while she changes. I move the small bottles of hotel shampoo and conditioner aside. Who do they think that would be enough for anyway? I turn around and grab my shampoo and Carli's conditioner because hers "works better". I don't really think that's true, but they both argued it for hours the other week and now Julie refuses to use mine.

"Mom?" calls Jay from the other room.

"Hmm?" I hum back reaching for a few towels.

"What's this?"

"What's what?" I ask coming out of the bathroom.

"This." she says holding up a box. I have to look at it for a second before realizing what it is.

"Why are you going through your Mama's stuff?" I ask crossing my arms. Car ordered her a blue headband with name and number on it a few weeks ago and it just came in the other day. She's been waiting to give it to her for some reason so I'm sure she would not be happy if I let her surprize get ruined.

"It was-" she starts quickly but I raise my eyebrow making her stop. "I'm sorry. I'll put it back."

"Mhm." I agree eyeing her. For a cinnamon roll, as the whole team calls her, she is the sneakiest kid I have ever met. That's why her and Morgan Paige are so bad together. Moe is nothing but trouble, she's as sweet as can be, but she's crazy. I wait for her to put it back in Carli's suitcase before saying, "Let's go, Sneaky." As she passes me to get in the door I smack her on the butt making her jump.

"Mom!" she gasp quickly covering her bottom with her hands. "What was that for?"

"Sit on that counter and close your mouth." I say picking back up the towels. She knows why I popped her. "I need you to lay back with your head in the sink. "

"But how are you going to be able to see my stitches?" she ask confused.

I sigh, "Please just do what I told you Julie Beth." She complies and lays down without another word. I turn the water onto warm and get all her hair wet so I can shampoo it. "Now you're going to sit up so I can see alright? Go slow so I can put this towel around you so you don't get soaked."

"Yes ma'am." she says hardly inching up.

"Not that slow" I sigh again. "C'mon Julie we don't have all day."

"Mom you said-"

Julie's POV

"Are you talking back to me? Maybe I need to tell Mama you need to stay here tonight. Maybe even the rest of the week! I am sick of this attitude you've been having lately!" scolds Mom loudly. I feel tears start to form in my eyes, but I try my hardest to blink them back.

"Mom I didn't even do anything!" I yell back.

"That is it Julie Beth!-"

"Hey!" yells Mama walking in."What is going on in here?!"

"Mom's yelling at me for no reason!" I explain starting to cry. "I didn't do anything Mama I promise!"

"Jay stop-" she starts to soothe before Mom cuts her off.

"That is a lie! Carli she's had this attitude for a week!"

"Hope!" shouts Mama before changing to her super scary calm voice she uses when she's angry, "You need to calm down. You are scaring our daughter. Go take a walk or go down to the gym. We will talk when you come back, okay?"

Mom lets out a shaky deep breath, "I can't. I have to finish her hair."

"I'll do it." says Mama carefully taking the towel out of Mom's hands. "I got it. Now go." Mom mumbles something under her breath before leaving. I jump when I hear the door to the room slam. Mama puts the towel around my neck and washes my hair in silence. She only talks to tell me when to lay down and when to sit back up. Once she finishes she helps me down off the counter and hands me my dry shirt to change into. We go and sit on her bed so she can comb out all the knots for me.

"Mama?" I ask quietly.

"What baby?"

"Is Mom okay?" I wonder. "Ouch Mama!" I wince as she brushes out a particularly big tangle.

"Sorry love bug." she apologizes. "Mom's fine."

"Then why'd she get so mad? Mom never gets mad at me. Well she does, but not like that. You're the one who-" I quickly put my hand over my mouth. I wasn't supposed to tell her that last part.

"She's going through some stuff back home. She got a call at five this morning and she's been weird ever since babe. You know how she can get sometimes. She's not the best with controlling emotions, but don't you dare tell her I said that, she'll just get mad at me then." she explains finishing up. "We have an hour and fifteen minutes before we have to be on the bus so I want you to lay down and close those eyes of yours and rest for a little bit."

"Yes ma'am." I say yawning. She smiles and kisses my cheek before pulling the covers down for me to get in. She pulls them back up and kisses my head. "I love you."

"I love you too baby girl. Sleep tight." she says turning off the light.

Carli's POV

I get Julie in bed and tucked in before leaving to find Hope. I don't know what is wrong with her, but she better get to talking to me or I am going to kill her for scaring Jay like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 196 43
Three best friends, they all have all have tough lives. One has alcoholic parents Another one has a abusive step dad The third one lives with her gr...
455 49 30
Peyton has known forever that she felt something for Parker, even when she didn't know exactly what love was. What she always wondered was, did Parke...
94 0 21
Hope's sister, Allison, took Hope away from their old household. Their parents were supernatural and weren't the best people in the world. They were...
Have Hope By H

Fanfiction

542K 12.2K 80
You've spent most of your life in foster care. Given up at a year old, you've been in and out of houses. With a year till you're 18 will you be able...