The Day

By DanielaIsTooCool

It's Hailee Windor's 18th birthday. Part of a shooting, she dies on the evening of one of the biggest days of... More

(1) The Beginning
(2) The End
(3) My Love's Arising
(4) I'm Sorry
(5) Running Away
(6) My Turn
(7) My First Kiss Went A Little Like This...
(8) Already Gone
(9) My New Look
(10) Surprise, Surprise...
(11) I Love You, 5
(12) A Poem
(13) Being Pulled Over By A Fake Policewoman
(14) Water Park Pt. 1
(16) Fight? All Right.
(17) You're Not Here By Accident
(18) Dawn of My Night
(19) Struck
(20) Waken
(21) Say It
(22) Shot
(23) Awakening
(24) You're on.
(25) This Is The End
(26) The Freeze
(27) In Pursuit
(28) Nothing Is Everything
(29) Grave of Yellow Roses
(30) Something To Cry For
(31) Opportunity Knocks
(32) Meeting Fall
(33) Losing It
(34) Didn't Want To Know
(35) Epilogue
(36) Author's Note.
(38) Extra Chapter: Was It A Dream?
AUTHOR'S NOTE! -- DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR INFO! THANKS! ^-^
So It's Been A While...
Sequel.
THE SEQUEL IS NOW UP!
DISCLAIMER
Shh... ;)

(15) Water Park Pt. 2

94.2K 409 28
By DanielaIsTooCool

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN!

<--Those Ways! -->

Thank you!

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter15

“Hailee, Brent, would you like to find out your superpowers?”

Brent and I looked at each other incredulously, then looked back at Alex with flat faces. I wanted to chuckle at the way he was admiring his turkey leg, twirling it around in his hand like it was made of gold.

“I’m pretty sure that last time you guys had me try out my superpowers, I made myself look like an idiot in front of 10 people,” I said accusingly, narrowing my eyes at Meg.

She smiled at me sheepishly. “Er, that was more of an initiation. You know, like at a frat club?”

“Not helping, Meg,” Alex said exasperatedly.

I nodded in agreement. “Now you’re telling me you guys are a frat club?”

Meg chocked suddenly - on air it seems, she had already finished eating. “No, no! When I made you embarrass yourself, I was just trying to see if you had a sense of humor.” I glared at her. “Apparently not.”

Brent harrumphed. “I think Hailee is plenty funny! And not the perverted kind, nor the childish kind,” he stated, looking at Meg and Alex pointedly.

I offered him a small smile, my stomach warming slightly at his comment. He’s defending me? That seems strange…

Of course it’s not strange, he loves you, silly!

My eyes flickered to Meg, and I met her smug smile, telling me she heard that last comment in my head.

“Well this time, we’re serious,” Alex announced, giving me a side glance.

I bit my lip, considering this. “Sure,” I said apprehensively.

I waited for Brent to answer, and when he didn’t, I nudged him gently with my knee. He started and looked at me curiously, completely ruining the whole point of a ‘nudge.’ “I’m with Hailee,” he said finally, our hands embracing.

Alex looked at us back and forth, a smile slowly forming on his lips. “Oh, so we’re themerry, happy, couple now?”

“No,” Brent and I said unanimously.

Alex scoffed. “Whatever,”

Meg cleared her throat, her eyebrows raising. “Anyway, Haille, come with me. Brent, go with Alex,” she ordered, snatching my hand and dragging me away from our table.

“Behave!” I called back to the boys, making sure I looked at them sternly.

“Yes mom!” Alex called back, earning a snicker from Brent – who immediately sobered when he saw my glare.

“Those boys are so immature,” Meg complained, stopping me on a corner.

I rolled my eyes. “Stop trying to get me to forget what I saw earlier,”

She looked down, blushing, her glamorous red curls framing her face. “Yeah, about that…”

“What about it?”

“Don’t day anything,” she whispered, biting her lip.

I crossed my arms in defense. “I won’t unless you tell me,” I retorted.

Meg brought her head back, seemingly impressed. “Who taught you how to blackmail people like that, Hailee?”

I smirked, dropping my arms. “From the best,”

She blinked at me. “Which is?”

“No one, forget it Meg,” I said, pursing my lips and rolling my eyes.

“I really like him if that’s what you want to know,” she admitted.

My mouth dropped. “You’re going to admit it to me, just like that?”

“Well of course! You’re my best friend, Hailee!” she exclaimed, giving me small hug.

“Yay,” I mumbled sarcastically, not bothering to embrace her back.

Meg patted me on the shoulder. “Let’s find out your talent now. What do you say?” she asked, grinning at me.

“Okay,” I answered, a gut-wrenching feeling in my torso.

“Oh, don’t look so scared. This time I’m serious.”

“Just tell me what I have to do!” I snapped, trying to gain focus. I looked down at the small puddle of dark liquid by my foot. It was either coke, or something I really didn’t want to think about.

“Look at me,” Meg told me.

My head snapped up so my eyes could meet hers. “Huh?”

“Yes, just like that,” she said, grabbing both of my cheeks and squeezing them.

I really had to get this girl a boyfriend.

“What do I do now?” I asked, some of my speech sounding muffled by my cheeks.

“Try to read what I’m saying.”

I looked at her like she was crazy. “What?”

“Just stare at me really hard and see if you can understand what is going on outside of my head.”

I sighed. “Ok.” I did as I was told, my gaze seeming to pierce through Meg’s skull.

Still, I heard nothing.

“Nothing?” she asked, reading my mind.

I puffed my cheeks up, slowly letting out a breath. “Nope.”

“Hm, maybe it’s… Let’s go see Alex!” She took my hand and led me back to where our table was. I snatched it back begrudgingly. Gosh, these people had to stop taking my hands so much. It’s like I don’t know where to go!

“Why are we going to go see Alex?”

“Because, if you had the talent I think you have, we wouldn’t be able to know with just me. I can read your mind already.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’ll see,” she said with a wink.

“Hailee! You will never guess what I can do!” a new voice hollered, cupping my shoulder, and leaning down a smidge to look me in the eye.

I looked up into familiar green eyes, ones that had been there for me in the hardest day of my life. “Wha-“

“He can communicate his thoughts through his mind,” Meg interrupted, narrowing her eyes at Brent.

He straightened. “How do you know?”

Meg smirked. “Well, for one, I can read your mind. Another, you just have that thing about you. I think Hailee can do that too.”

My brows knitted in confusion. “You do?”

“Let’s see,” Alex ordered, coming to stand closer to me. Weird, I hadn’t even noticed him there.

“What do I do?” I asked.

“Look at me, and try really hard to tell me what you are thinking.”

I pursed my lips to the right. “Ok?”

“Do it,” he ordered again, even stronger this time. I did as Meg told me before, and I bore my eyes into Alex’s skull.

I hate you, I thought.

He smirked. “I hate you too.”

I clapped my hands together. “Yay!” I ran over to Brent, enveloping him into a warm hug, and he lifted me up in the air slightly, causing my cheeks to color.

“Wow,” Alex began, “talk about a match made in heaven.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys…

Honesly, I don’t like writing this book anymore.

It’s too… what’s the right word?

Boring.

And I’m sorry to those of you who are fans of it!

I will still keep writing, I won’t leave you hanging, don’t worry haha :)

Besides, I like “Breaking Glass” and “The Hunger Games: The Violent Hour” a lot easier to write, and they are more exciting.

They get more votes too D:

Yeah, I was a little disappointed that I had like ~100 reads, and only 7 votes -_____-

I know the plot is a little slow, but I have to keep a steady pace!

When I get around to writing the next few chapters, they will be A LOT better haha :D

Hint: Will Brent and Hailee find another pair of super powers? ;)

All right, I’m blabbing here.

See ya’ll soon! :)

-Daniela xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 61 34
It was supposed to be simple... Except there is always the calm before the storm and in this case.. the silence before the sound of a gun. Emmabell M...
1K 129 28
"I love you Brenn. I fell in love with you from the first time i laid my eyes on you, I just never thought that a man like you would ever consider lo...
3.6K 64 78
Aubrey is going through a lot, from always moving around to getting cheated on, but she falls inlove with ''mr popular'' and instantly loves her move...
1K 214 17
Five friends, one is a killer. On fall break, twenty year old Eliza Goodchild sets off with four of her college friends for a remote cabin in Aspen...