Freak Out! She's Engaged (Gir...

By SkylarJapera

Rose takes Sam advice lightly. Once you fall for a Grayson there is no turning back. Sequel to Wait Before Y... More

Not This Again
Don't Judge A Human By It's Unique Sleeves!
Into My Bed...She Will Be.
Cat and Mouse
Dark, Wild, And Dirty.
Silly Games
A Crush
Never Put First
Rainbow and Sunshines
Stay
Bruises
Stares of Death
Insecurities
Fair Game
Yours
Stop Trying to Steal What's Mine
Victory
Battle of Hell
Dinner Crasher
Not Strangers
A Flight Away
Not Without You
No One Have What We Have
Mission Accomplished
Tell Me!
True Colors
All of Me
Only You
Good Enough
Then it Clicks
Straight Forward
Insanity
You Were R...
Freak Out!
I hate you

What A Surprise!

23.2K 921 300
By SkylarJapera

Chapter 20

Sam

"You two know each other?" Rose and I blurt at the same time. My gaze darts back and forth between Joy and Miranda. Joy awkwardly smiles before running her fingers through the twins hair. I look to Miranda for answers but she seem to be in her own world. 

"Well, what a surprise." Joy laughs.

"Well?" Rose push. "You know Miranda Grayson and never once thought to tell me?"

Joy blushes and look away. "Uh...it's not an important story."

"Really?" Rose frown.

I could tell that Joy was becoming uncomfortable but honestly I really wanted to know what was the big secret also. It was odd that she didn't voice that she knew Miranda Grayson personally. Rose shift on her feet and say, "Is it really that deep?"

"Oh for the love of God." Miranda tosses the magazine on the coffee table. "Joy and I were lovers."

"Miranda!" Joy screams trying her best to cover up the kids ear. Miranda settles with rolling her eyes. My mouth fall open and I generally feel hurt. I look at Miranda and bite down on my lower lip nervously. Why didn't she tell me? Miranda looks to me with confusion and I chuckle before backing away. 

"I have to say." I laugh. "I didn't see that coming."

"Sam." Miranda calls my name in that way where she doesn't want me to run off. Her voice is almost desperate but it is stern. Her lips are purse in aggravation. Nathalie sigh and shake her head while looking to her mother with a really expression. Rose cringe and she generally feels sorry for pushing the subject.

"I'm sorry for all of this." Joy cuts in not noticing what is really going on around her. "But...uh. I had to work over time and the babysitter agreed to pick them up." She explains while scowling. "But, we will be out of your hair. Come on sweets."

"But mom." Delilah whines. "They're having apple pie tonight can we please stay for dinner?"

"No baby." Joy chuckles nervously patting down on Delilah head. "Now come on."

"It's perfectly fine." Miranda say. "You and the twins are welcomed to stay for dinner."

Nathalie gasp and I have to give myself credit for not displaying any emotions but I was pissed. I roll my eyes and mutter. "I'm going to shower." Joy looks to me oddly but Rose grabs her intention by tapping her shoulder. I hurry down the hallway and quickly jump into the shower.

The hot water cascade down my back and I scrub myself with the expensive soap Miranda purchased a few days ago. It smelled wonderful and apparently it was good for my skin. I didn't care but Miranda did. I pause and look around and notice all the things in my bathroom that screamed Miranda. Even when I wanted space from her I really couldn't have it.

I shut off the water and wrap a towel around me. When I walk out the bathroom there is Miranda sitting on the bed looking graceful as ever. I groan and roll my eyes. I turn away from her and pull at the dresser trying to find something to wear for tonight. I settle for simple blue panties and a bra. 

"What is your problem?" Miranda finally speaks. Her voice is controlled but stern like she wants answers now. I slam the dresser and Miranda hiss, "Sam?"

"What?" I shout.

Miranda eyes widen for a second before she purse her lips in anger. I swallow and sigh, running my fingers through my damp hair. Miranda coffee brown eyes pierced through me like daggers. I scoff. God, she could literally turn anything around on me.

"Don't scoff. It's unbecoming."

"Fuck you Miranda."

Miranda arch her eyebrow. "Sam." Her voice is soft now. "Talk to me? Please..."

"Why didn't you tell me about her?" I hiss. "I have been literally blind sided by this and you invite her to stay for dinner."

"You never asked?"

I shake my head in frustration. "Maybe because every time I bring up my first you turn into a fucking jealous demon."

"Ace isn't worth speaking about." Miranda roll her eyes in a childish manner. "I don't see the point in speaking about past lovers anyway." She purse her lips and look up at me as if again....I'm in the wrong. "Joy is nice. It would have been rude to ask the twins to leave Sam."

"Yeah whatever Miranda. But, if this was the other way around and I invited Ace and his beautiful children to stay for dinner you would be throwing a fucking tantrum."

"So, what is this about?" Miranda ask. "Are you upset because I didn't tell you about her or are you upset because I invited her to stay for dinner because Sam I can tell you about her but I cannot ask her to leave. What do I suppose to say? 'There isn't enough food.' That's just tacky--

I groan and wave my hand, "Fuck it, Miranda."

"No." Miranda hiss. "Stop acting like a child and try communicating with me?"

"Are you serious right now?" I sneer. "You're the one with secret past lovers...

"Joy was never a secret, Sam. She and I was classmates in college."

I roll my eyes and pout. "I don't care."

"I thought you wanted--

"I don't." I shrug. "I don't care who she was to you. Whatever."

Miranda huffs in aggravation, she actually huffs. She stand and fold her arm across her chest which makes her breast look spectacular. She was wearing a black pencil skirt with a dark grey button up. I lick my lip and push her back into my bed. "Sam." She shrieks and look up at me. I pull up her skirt and spread her legs. I bend down and get rid of her panties. "We can't...

I bury my face between her thighs and Miranda fingers instantly bury themselves in my head. I wanted to prove to her that this Joy lady...who I actually liked. Miranda was right she was nice and her kids was adorable but that was besides the point. I wanted Miranda to know that I was the only one who could make her feel this way.

I suck onto her sensitive nub before pulling back and teasing her. "Sam." She growls before arching her back. I place my hand on her hips to keep her down as she withers uncontrollably. Her fingers leave my hair and she places a pillow over her face and bite downs on it as her other hand grip the sheets.

I chuckle before swirling my tongue in a way I knew would drive her insane. I could hear her muffle sounds behind the pillow and I kiss her naked thigh as she collapse into the bed. I lift up and remove the pillow from her face and her cheeks are red and her hair is all over the place. I lick my lips and take in all her sexiness. 

Miranda lift up and pull me by my hips. She look up me and her eyes are dark and hazy. "Does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?" She ask in a low husky tone. I shudder in want as her fingers play at the hem of my panties.

"No. I'm still upset." I say. "I need to get dress."

"Sam." Miranda calls but I walk into the bathroom and slam the door. After a few knocks Miranda finally gives up and leave the room.

{}{}

Dinner is awkward as hell but Joy is too naive and nice to notice and the twins are to hyper and excited to even pay attention to us because we're only boring adults to them. I pick and poke at the mash potatoes and avoid all eye contact with Miranda.

Nathalie chew on her bottom lip. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine." I say but Nathalie sigh because she knows I'm lying. I finally take a bite out of the chicken and moan at all the flavors that burst into my mouth. The children soon leave and head to the main room to play the game. I wish I could have went along with them. 

"So." Rose breaks the ice. "How did you two meet--Ouch!" She hiss before looking to Nathalie. Joy blushes again and I wonder did everything make her turn red. "I mean it's out there so why not tell the story."

"Because it isn't any of our business, Rose." Nathalie say.

"It's okay." Miranda say. 

Joy stares at Miranda in shock before starting a story I really didn't want to hear. "Well, Miranda was taking up business and fashion but most students needed something different to make their resume unique. Most students chose art but Miranda here chose culinary." Joy chuckles. "Her first day of class she was in six inch heels and was told to leave. She had a very interesting argument with the professor. I thought she wouldn't come back but she was determine and she sucked."

Everyone at the table laughs and Miranda roll her eyes. 

"She was gonna fail--

"A Grayson never fails." Miranda cuts in.

Joy smiles, "As I was saying. She was gonna fail. She was an awful cook but determine so I chose to help her with her final project and she passed. No thanks to me though because a Grayson never fails."

Miranda snorts, "Shut it."

Nathalie smiles, "I never knew my mother use to be an awful cook."

"I wasn't awful." Miranda defends. "Unfortunately grill cheese and tomato soup wasn't appealing to them."

"You eat grill cheese and tomato soup." Rose blurts. "That's a little basic for you...

"I was in college Rose." Miranda roll her eyes. "Honestly I could barf at the things to use to consume." 

"And?" Rose pushes.

"Oh...umm." Joy chuckles. "We became close friends."

"You know what I mean." Rose teases. "When did you two start getting it on?"

"Rose." Nathalie shouts. Rose chuckles and lean back in her chair. I could tell she was having a nice time teasing Joy. 

Joy picks around her plate and explains, "I wasn't the most attractive in college and my shyness really didn't help my case but Miranda was a beauty. Everyone knew that. Everyone wanted to be her or either wanted to kill her...and I was crushing on this boy named Joshua it was silly...but he was a looker."

Miranda snorts. "He was a womanizer."

"Do you wish to tell the story?" Joy challenges while arching her eyebrow.

Miranda roll her eyes, "For some peculiar reason Joy was attracted to that teddy bear looking man but I wanted to help her out for guiding me into passing our class. We quickly learned he was a no for good playboy. He stood her up and Joy was a mess. It was college and we were drunk. Things happened."

"How long?" I find myself asking.

"Excuse me?" Joy ask.

"How long were you two an item?"

Joy chuckles while running her fingers through her hair. Joy was naive but I didn't understand how could she ever believe she wasn't attractive. "Miranda and I was never an item. Being with her relieved a lot of stress and once the year was over I transferred to another University. Nothing more."

Miranda swallows and smile. "Yes. That was all."

I arch my eyebrow and Joy looks away sadden. She then stand. "I should check on the kids." 

Once the twins devour the apple pie they fall asleep on the couch while watching TV. I stand and grab the plates to take them to the kitchen but I stop midway when I hear voices.

"I'm sorry." Joy whisper.

"Why did you lie?" I hear Miranda ask. I swallow and nervously listen in when I know this is such a bad idea.

"It wasn't my story to tell Miranda." Joy say. I watch as she look around the place.

"Maybe but I left you."

"I remember." Joy laughs.

"Why do you have to be so joyful and forgiving all the damn time it's insufferable." Miranda hisses. "I hurt you and I'm sorry."

"You did not hurt me." Joy smiles. "I was disappointed yes but you didn't hurt me. I knew you were leaving Miranda and that was okay."

"How did you know?" 

"I saw the letter your boyfriend sent you." Joy frowns. "You didn't have to lie about him you know."

Miranda roll her eyes. "We were on a break."

Joy cracks a smile. "Whatever Miranda."

I leave the two alone and head back into the dining room with the kids. Soon Joy and the twins are leaving.

"Can we not stay?" Lily ask.

"No, time to go home." Joy say. "Thanks for dinner you guys. I will see you Sunday Rose?"

"Yes." Rose say. "We have a lot to talk about."

I look between them two and I guess Miranda wasn't the only one keeping secrets. Rose and Nathalie disappear and I head to my room with Miranda behind me. 

"I'm going to head home tonight." She say kissing me on the cheek. "Hopefully you will speak to me tomorrow."

"Did you love her?" I ask. 

"No." Miranda answer. "I did not."

"Is that why you left her?" I question.

Miranda arch her eyebrow and then it clicks that I was eavesdropping. "No. I left because she was falling in love me. Joy is fragile and naive. I couldn't do that to her. She was honestly my first true friend."

"Okay." I say.

"Okay?" Miranda questions.

"Yeah." I say. "Okay." I begin to fiddle with my jeans and my shirt. Miranda growls and then pull me by my hips. 

"I've been patient Sam but I will not stay here if you're going to continue to act like a child." Miranda scowl. "What is wrong? Tell me. I'm a big girl."

"I'm just mad okay." I admit. "That I had to find out about her this way. Even though it didn't mean anything to you it's important to me to know these things."

"There is nothing to be jealous about Sam. I love you."

"I know. That's not the problem." I sigh. "I just sometimes think I don't know everything about you. I don't mean to sound clingy or anything but...nevermind."

"No." Miranda grabs my chin softly. "Tell me."

"I just want us to be more open with each other. You may not have loved her but you cared for her and she helped you pass a cooking class." I say. "I want to know these things about you."

"I'm sorry. I should have told you." She kisses me softly on the lips and then descends down my neck before pulling me back into a searing kiss. Our tongues swirl around each other and I gasp when I'm push back into the bed. Miranda hovers over me and we help each other out of our clothes. 

Miranda bites the side of my neck and I moan. "Shush." She say to me. I run my fingers down her naked back before squeezing her ass. She squeaks and I chuckle, "Don't shush me." I say. "I'm pretty sure they're having sex right now."

"Ouch." I hiss when Miranda pinches my hip. She rolls off of me and lays her head on my chest. 

"You killed the mood." 

I chuckle and kiss the side of her neck. "I'm sorry." I close my eyes and bury my face into the side of neck and breathe. I then hiss again when Miranda playfully smacks my ass. 

"If you want to know anything about me sweetheart. Please ask."

I lift up and straddle her hips. My eyes shine in mischievousness. "Have you ever had a threesome."

Miranda jaw drops in shock. 

"I'm kidding." I laugh and kiss her on the lips.

Miranda roll her eyes, "I thought you wanted to hear about my struggles and failures not about my sexual adventures."

My eyes widen. "Wait? You've had a threesome...

Miranda face is serious before she smiles and say, "Of course not." She lifts up and kiss me tenderly. "I love you."

"Hmm." I pull her bottom lip into my mouth . "I love you too." I mumble. "Now." I say. "Tell me everything."

After reading all the of comments me being evil I chose to quickly write another chapter before going back to work. You guys are hilarious. It still amaze me that everyday people actually read my work and enjoy it. So thanks. This isn't me getting all sappy. Just showing some love and being real. You guys have a Happy New Year  :))))) Also S/O to the girl who said 'There wouldn't be an update until March 2016' I couldn't stop laughing you really had me weak. I really don't do this purposely.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

740K 15.7K 49
" what are you doing, grayson? " " hmm, I told you that you didn't want to know what would happen if you came here, babygirl "
248K 3.8K 49
Be careful with who you're texting.......
526K 19K 24
Leaving Sam was the biggest mistake of her life. Now that she's back so much has changed. While preparing for a wedding, dealing with Austin constant...
151 0 25
Second book to I Fell, and It Almost Got Me Killed. Dawn was raised by a very protective dad and Jason isn't going to let anyone hurt her. That promi...