Never Put First

Chapter 7

I could not control the grin on my face the next day. Nathalie hasn't text me all day and I'm curious to know what her mother said to her after she noticed she was having phone sex. After class I sit at our regular table and patiently wait on her.

Once she arrive I am not surprised to see Sam by her side. They both take a seat and I smirk at Nathalie who blushes while stabbing the lettuce. Poor lettuce.

"How was your night Nathalie?" I tease.

Sam snorts in laughter and Nathalie frowns, "Don't." She points her fork at me in a threaten manner. I laugh. I bet Miranda thought her daughter was so innocent and catching her having phone sex probably gave her a heart attack.

"What did she say?" I question.

"Nothing." Nathalie shrugs.

"Liar." I reply. "I could hear the attitude in her voice through the phone."

Nathalie roll her eyes. "She told me to start locking my door. 'If I'm going to indulge in such activities." Nathalie mimics her mother voice. "Like, she doesn't do kinky shit."

Sam, who was at the time drinking her lemonade chokes and begins to cough badly. I arch my eyebrow and Sam turns red trying to catch her breath. Nathalie rubs her back. "I'm sorry." Sam gives her this look and in this moment I can see how close their bond are. They can have a conversation without even speaking. "Sorry." Nathalie says again blushing.

I shake my head trying to get Nathalie attention away from Sam. "Your mom kinky huh?"

Nathalie roll her eyes. "I know things okay."

"You and your mom are close." I say.

"Well, my father is not around much." Nathalie replies stabbing her salad again. Poor lettuce.

I change the subject because I knew the feeling. I then begin to eat my sandwich and listen to Sam and Nathalie conversation.

"She's having another dinner." Nathalie explains. 

"I don't want to go." Sam pouts.

"You really should get use to it." Nathalie says. "You know, for the future."

They was talking in code again and it was aggravating me. I roll my eyes and Nathalie pack up her things and say, "I got to go. See you two later." She then rushes off leaving Sam and I.

Sam sits across from me awkwardly and I roll my eyes.

"When I said get use to me being around. I also meant we should try being friends."

"No we don't." I reply.

Sam frown, "What is so wrong with me that you can't even try to like me."

I shrug. I didn't have a reason to not like Sam. Yet. Nathalie said she and Sam havent't been in any type of sexual relationship and I believe her. I just love teasing Nathalie about it. But, it was something about the red head and I was going to find out. She was too close to the Graysons. 

"There is something fishy about you." I say. 

"That's all." Sam scowl. "There is something fishy about me. This isn't criminal minds. This is college. How the hell do you expect everything to run smoothly if you're always reading me. It's uncomfortable you know."

"I don't care how you feel about me reading you." I reply in a bored tone. "Your feelings and emotions means nothing to me."

"But my feelings means everything to Nathalie."