One Daunting Night

By dreamingofmars

(This story is horrifying and horrible I dearly suggest you never open in because not only is it written terr... More

Pre-face
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 41 - Mature.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 16

183K 4.2K 1.4K
By dreamingofmars

Chapter 16 – unedited (Written 4/7/2013)

*Saturday 1st March* ~9 Months and 2 days pregnant~

Ara sits on her archer couch bed, her big stomach refraining her to do anything. Her new and now best friends, Faith and Heather are sleeping over, even if they live right next door. Faith was in the kitchen preparing her famous hot chocolate with waffles as Heather decides to laze around with her other bestie. 

"I cannot wait for my boy to come out. Seriously, I bet we're over the due date! I'm so tired of being a whale." Ara jokingly groans to her friends. Heather just laughs and continues watching mean girls. 

Heather was a petite Auburn headed girl. She stood 5'3" but can be very feisty and isn't afraid to speak her opinion. She may be bold and brave on the outside but inside, she's a girl anyone could love. While Faith is more of a go-with-the-flow kind of girl, who seems all nice and kind – that is if you get on her good side. If you do anything bad to her or her friends, she will make sure you sleep with one eye open. 

"I know! I can't wait to see the little buddy. Hey, thinking about it now, where is little Caleb's dad?" Heather asks, unknown to how Ara might react to it. Caleb is the Ara's baby, well what she's planning to name him after loads of name searching. 

Ara was a little taken back by it and froze to the spot. With all she had been doing, she never ever reminded herself of that horrible night. She used to stay up all night and make sure she has a night light on. 

"Oh...I'm sorry, I shouldn't of asked, that was a stupid question. Ignore me." Heather quickly covered up. They never asked during their short period of friendship, afraid to hurt her feelings after noticing no man ever came to Ara's rescue. 

"No– no. It's okay. I should really tell someone about this, I couldn't just keep it locked up inside forever. I– I'll let you know when Faith comes back, 'cause I'm really in the mood for those waffles." Ara says kindly. It was right, though, she had to tell someone and it's better to get it over with and done than never tell anyone and live in fear. 

Ara sighs, leaning against the couch, her large stomach can really be a pain when trying to get comfortable. Heather leans against the couch while sitting on the floor while Faith walks in with waffles piled up on a plate and hot chocolate. 

There was no space to put it so she just left it on the floor for everyone to grab. 

"You know, you should get a coffee table Ara. It'd make your life easier." Faith suggests, taking a waffle and sipping her hot chocolate." 

"I want to make sure this is one hundred percent baby-proof. Plus, I could lay my baby on the floor if he wants and I'll have more space." She answers simply. 

"But you can afford this apartment on your own instead of having a roommate. No offense Faith. I love you and all but you snore!" Heather says laughing. Ara laughs to while Faith jokingly rolls her eyes. 

"Very funny."

"Well, my job helps me afford this. Remember my aunt's reaction when I told her I was pregnant?" Ara starts. Faith and Heather's eyes widen and they laugh harder. 

"Oh my gosh, I swear I thought she was going to explode!" Faith says between laughs. They were both there for moral support when Ara was going to tell her aunt she was pregnant. For about two months she managed to hide it since it was a small bump, but eventually it got a little big and she went to tell her aunt. 

Her aunt had a priceless reaction; she nearly fell out of her seat. But she was sworn to secrecy to not tell Ara's parents in exchange for the story. So far, Mariah is the only one who knew the true story of Ara and how she got pregnant. 

Mariah allowed Ara to work and mostly made her model for pregnant clothing. When her mom once called to explain that, she just said that there wasn't enough models to model for the pregnant clothing so Ara volunteered. She also lied about it being a fake bump. 

"Okay, okay, enough Aunt Mariah. We want to know the story of Caleb's father. How come no man lives with you, how come we take you to ultrasounds or doctor appointments instead of the father of your baby?" Heather asks, handing Ara a waffle. Ara nervously takes a bite, also taking a few deep breaths. 

"Because I don't know who the father is." Ara answers simply, taking another bite out of her waffle. They both gasp in surprise. Out of the seven months they knew Ara, they know for sure she is not some slut who was multiple baby daddies. 

"We know you Ara. And you're not a slut. There is more to the story, isn't there? No matter how rough, you can tell us." Faith pushes sincerely. She wasn't a fake friend who would gossip about this, she was real and cared about Ara, same goes for Heather. 

In fact, they were extra curious to who Ara's baby daddy is, since they knew the baby is half werewolf. That's right, Faith and Heather are originally part of a pack in Vermont but wanted to pursue their human dreams, thus them attending NYU. 

"I can honestly say I don't know him. I never have, never will. It was the night of James' party, he's known for throwing famous parties and also the golden boy of the school. I got drunk—way drunk than I probably should have." At this point, Faith and Heather knew where the story was going. 

"And some guy started dancing behind me. Honestly, the last thing I can remember is telling him my name and then waking up all alone."

"Oh my gosh, Ara. I'm so sorry I asked. I can't believe that even happened to you! Is that why you came here to New York?" Heather asks, getting up from her spot and hugging Ara. Ara nods when Faith comes and joins the group hug. 

"I just don't get how that's possible. Do you really not remember a thing?" Faith asks. 

"I don't, hardly remember what his face was like. He was gentle, though, and I remember feeling just on top of the world but..." Ara says sadly. She hated not remembering. The wonder of who Caleb's father is would forever remain with her. 

Faith and Heather pout, hugging Ara as they sit there and watch the movie 'Mean Girls' playing on the TV. Ara smiles immediately, she finally got two best friends who care for her deeply. 

But Faith wasn't going to leave Ara's answer there. There's something Ara doesn't know, and eventually she will. Faith was confused as to why a werewolf would mate with a human. She luckily had changed her question from 'Why would a werewolf would mate with a human' to 'Are you sure you don't remember a thing?' 

For Ara's sake, she was going to find the bastard that did this to her and make him pay. That was until Ara had the most horrified look on her face. 

"Ara, aren't you a little old to pee your pants?" Heather asks, pulling away. Ara just sits there like a gaping fish. 

"That's not pee you idiot! That's her water, her water broke! He's coming, Caleb is coming!" Faith screams at the top of her lungs. 

"About time! And don't say it like that, neighbour's will think we're having a four way with some dude named Caleb! What do we do?" Heather yells back worriedly. 

"Hospital! We need to get to the hospital immediately! Someone get my bag in my room, I have everything in there!" Ara shouts over the top of them both, standing up. 

"Oh no. We're not wasting any time. You've got a baby to deliver, Heather drive Ara to the hospital and make it quick! I'll make sure to get your bags and I promise I'll be there as soon as possible." Faith orders, ushering the two out of Ara's apartment. 

When they get out through the door, Ara screams in pain. 

"Ara!? Are you okay, what's wrong?" Heather yells worriedly. Ara waves her off, standing a little straighter. 

"Contractions. Let's just get to this bloody hospital!" 

~~~~~~~~~~

"Just one more push, Ara. You're doing great I can see the head. Just push and you'll be done." The doctor encourages and Ara obeys, pushing hard and breathlessly with an agonizing scream. 

The cries of her new born baby brings joyful tears to her eyes. It was the most beautiful sound she's ever heard – the cries of her baby. 

"It's a boy!" The doctor announces and Heather and Faith squeal happily. They were in the room with Ara, where she squeezed both their hands. Lucky for their werewolf genes, it didn't hurt as much but it did hurt. 

The doctor cut the umbilical cord and cleaned Ara's new born baby. Ara had tears of joy mixing with the sweat pouring down her head. 

The doctor hands Ara her baby and Ara showers him with love. "What would you like to name him?" She asks. 

"Caleb. Caleb Luke Pierce, after his grandfather." Ara says softly, staring at her baby boy. It was the least she could do for her parents, since she's keeping him a secret from them. 

"Caleb Luke Pierce. 7lbs and 50 centimetres. Born February 1st, 2014. Time; 11:21 pm." The doctor announces, smiling. Yet another life has been born. Ara was exhausted. 

Her Aunt Mariah strolled in, looking at her new Grand Nephew. "Oh, isn't he wonderful." She compliments, smiling quite widely. Ara nods in response, looking down lovingly at her new sleeping baby boy. 

"I'm so happy he's finally out. That was exhausting, I only had two hours of labour. Imagine the mothers who had over 5 hours?" Ara breathes out with a small life. Her baby wiggles a little, making a girgly noise. 

Ara laughs at him, kissing his forehead. "Welcome to the family Caleb. I'm sure you'll have fun." 

Ara hears the snap of a camera and looks to the side to find Faith happily taking photos. 

"Oh come on! It's Mother and son. I couldn't help it, the way you looked at him it was absolutely amazing. I couldn't just ignore it. Plus, it'd go great in the scrapbook!" Faith says, coming closer. 

Ara laughs at her, shaking her head. "You're right. I need to get a scrapbook. I can't wait until we arrive home. I've got to spend like 3 days in here." 

Faith just smiles. Then baby Caleb's eyes open and Ara looked to see if he got her eye colour. But no – he got the rich dark violet colour just like his father's. They were wide and big, not only did Ara gasp but so did Faith. 

Dark purple eyes. He has dark purple eyes. Faith thinks to herself, completely and utterly surprised. 

She sneaks out the room and pulls Heather to the side to somewhere private. 

"He has dark purple eyes, Heather." Faith whispers worriedly. Heather cocks her head to the side, confused. 

"Who?"

"Caleb. I just saw his eyes. Dark purple. Everyone knows what dark purple eyes mean." Heather gasps at her friend in disbelief. 

"Bu–but that's not possible! He can't be part of the royal family! We know Ara is fully human, and not part of any royal family." Heather whispers back. 

"The Father. Caleb's father. Caleb has dark purple eyes meaning he's future heir to the throne." Faith thinks aloud. 

"You're not shitting me, right? 'Cause if you're shitting me right now, I'm going to hit you." Heather threatens, though something tells her Faith is not shitting her. 

"I'm not shitting you. Go and look for yourself." Faith argues. Heather rolls her eyes at her. 

"I mean, the king has five kids. His eldest son has dark purple eyes like his father as he's first born. We all know that for a fact. First born's of the Royal's have dark purple eyes – well only the future Alpha's do. And Caleb has those eyes." Heather wonders aloud. 

"I think we know who Ara's baby daddy is." 

~~~~~~~~~~

Xander sits on the couch in the Silver Moon Pack's pack house. He was glad to be back in California and plans on searching for his future lover tomorrow. 

He was watching TV alone, since most of the people were out on their Saturday night, the teenagers at their parties or on dates. Same with the adults. 

The TV played Transformers 4 and he watched it with a bowl of popcorn. His eyes may be on the TV but his mind was focused on his mate. At first he couldn't tell it was his mate, but he knew that her scent was meant for him and only him after his wolf confirmed it. 

Losing her was the worst thing he could ever possibly go through. Now he feels for those who either witness the death of their mate, or live to know their mate is dead. 

What's keeping Xander going is that he knows she's alive since he could feel her. He could feel the bond, and it was strong. He didn't know that she was human, making it not as strong as it would be between two were's. 

Andrea strolls confidently down the stairs. She stayed behind, without anyone noticing, from the party in chance she might seduce Xander. She clearly didn't know that Xander wouldn't look her way twice – actually not even once. 

She sat on the couch beside him, wearing a tight white camisole and ripped jean booty shorts. 

"Hey Xander, how come you're not out?" She says with a small pout. 

"Really tired and couldn't be bothered to move from this spot." He answers, focusing on the movie. 

"Oh. So how was your trip?" She asks again, trying to start a conversation then eventually seduce him. 

"Good." He answers. It was quite for a while, mostly because Andrea was trying to think of the perfect plan to get up and close with him. 

"Hey, can I take a picture with you? My cousin doesn't believe that the Prince of Wolves is staying at my pack." She says with fake innocence, taking out her iPhone. Xander shrugs. 

"Sure." She smiles seductively at him, moving closer she wraps her small, thin arm around his large frame and sets the camera up. 

"Smile!" She says and Xander puts on a fake smile and looks towards the camera. 

"Thanks. She just never believed that you were here staying with us. Why don't I make us some hot chocolate on this cold night, huh?" Andrea offers, trying to stand in a very inviting position. Xander doesn't even notice it but nods. 

"Yeah that'd be nice." 

She leaves towards the kitchen, leaving her phone carelessly on the couch next to Xander. It was exited out of the camera and on to her photos. 

He was curious, and looked over to see how their photo looked. From the small icon, anyone could tell that his smile was forced, it just looked so fake. 

That was when a few dark photos caught the sight of his eye. They were dark and looked as if it were appointed through a window. 

He was confused; he picked it up and scrolled it up higher to see the collection of photos Andrea took. He tapped the photo he thought would be that start of the collection and that's when it all hit him. 

There in the picture stood a guy dressed up a navy blue polo and dark washed jeans. The guy's hair was black and he was with a girl–brown haired and all dressed up. 

Like a trigger, he immediately remembered that night. He exited out of the photos and put the phone back where it was. 

He was there that night, he remembered Andrea trying to seduce him then going for his friend. The multiple girls trying to get into Xander's pants but he could care less about them. 

He remembered the smell intoxicating him–then seeing her dance to the music, swaying her hips to every beat.

He remembered asking for her name, but not giving her his before he asked if she wanted to go upstairs and go somewhere private. For the life of him, he couldn't remember her name. But he remembered her eyes; and they were blue.

"Hey, here's your chocolate." Andrea says in a low voice, handing Xander the mug. He nods, scooching away from her when she sits close and tries to snuggle up with him. 

"Thanks." He says blankly. He was confused. He actually got with a girl. The human girl. It was easy; he put two and two together. The pregnant human was pregnant with his baby. 

Oh God. Things just got a lot more complicated. He thinks to himself. 

**********

A/N: Haha! That was a magnificent chapter (in my opinion!) Little Caleb is finally born and Xander regains memory of what happen that night. And if you're all wondering if I forgot something, no. I didn't put in the smell. I know that ;) But you'll probably find out later. 

And you all know what Andrea is doing with those photos. And right now, she doesn't know that Xander knows (obviously). I'm so evil. 

And Caleb has purple eyes! Dark purple just like his Daddy. Hehe. Don't worry though, 'cos all will come into the end. Oh I'm so excited to write this! :D

BTW; I was focusing everything starting from May 2013 but now it's March 2014 or whatever in the story. The dates are in there to keep everything organised 'cos I'm a neat freak.  

  © 2013, rinnyhere  

***2020: this story is fucking ass

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 914 34
Running from his dark legacy, River finds himself caught in the midst of a werewolf rivalry bleeding into the human world; a low fantasy enemies to l...
15.1K 144 56
Crescent Swiftwater, an innocent shift-less human raised in the turbulent society of werewolves, discovers a world beyond her family and searches for...
752K 16.5K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
287K 6.2K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...