The Magicians- 1- The Decende...

By squid_denise

Wait, what! My boyfriend is a demon who being hunt by a crazy secretly society, I'm a magician along with my... More

The Magicians
Chapter 2-Will
Chapter 3- Orion
Chapter 4- Owen
Chapter 5- Rose
Chapter 6- Will
Chapter 7- Orion
Chapter 8- Owen
Chapter 9- Rose
Chapter 10- Will
Chapter 11- Orion
Chapter 12- Owen
Chapter 13- Rose
Chapter 14- Will
Chapter 15- Orion
Chapter 16- Owen
Chapter 17- Rose
Chqpter 18- Will
Chapter 20- Owen
Chapter 21- Rose
Chapter 22- Will
Chapter 23- Orion
Chapter 24- Owen
Chapter 25- Rose
Chapter 26- Will
Chapter 27- Orion
Chapter 28- Owen

Chapter 19- Orion

180 6 0
By squid_denise

Chapter 19- Orion

I will never forgive myself for hurting Owen. Never in my entire life. And I will also never forgive myself for letting a demon posses me so easily. Seriously, what was I thinking? It was a rainy Sunday when it all went down. Charlie, Owen and I were sitting in the living room playing cards when Will passed by. He paused and glanced at me then continued to walk. This guy has been giving me strange looks all week, and it was starting to get me suspicious.

I peeked above my cards at Will who was scanning for something to eat in the fridge.

"Orion, it's your turn" Owen said.

I snapped out of my trance and laid a card down on the table. "Why would you lay a seven" Owen snapped.

I frowned and looked at him.

"That is a one."

Owen squinted down at the card.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. It's a one" Charlie added.

"Owen, you've been reading stuff wrong for weeks now. Don't you think we should get your eyes checked" I explained.

Owen sighed and laid back.

"I don't know."

Will walked over to us with a soda in hand.

"You can't see, huh? Well I'm sure some glasses will fix that right up."

"I can't afford glasses" Owen snapped.

Will laughed as if that were some joke.

"Here. Let me help."

He sat his soda on the table and snapped his fingers. A pair of black, square frame glasses appeared in his hands. "Try these on for size" Will said putting the glasses on Owens face.

Owen blinked a couple times and smiled.

"Wow. I can see perfect. Thanks, Will."

Will winked at Owen and picked up his soda.

"No prob. Hey, any of you see Rose around?"

"She's probably in the library practice magic. You should have see her after you fixed the curse. She was a magic maniac" I explained. "And that's a new for her."

Will chuckled and said, "she is pretty happy now. Well, I'll go find her."

He left the room, leaving us alone.

"Do these glasses look good on me" Owen asked shyly.

I smiled and nodded my head.

"Cool as ever, bro."

Owen smiled and laid down a card.

About twenty minutes passed before Will and Rose came down stairs and joined us for another card game. We were all acting like family. Happy, relaxed, and comfortable. That didn't last too long though.

Will was giving me one of those strange looks again.

I sighed and finally said, "Will, is there something wrong? You've been giving me weird looks all week."

Will shrugged and laid down a card on the coffee table.

"I don't know how to explain it. Something feels creepy about you. I didn't mean to startle you. Its just... I feel like theres someone else in this room besides us."

"Barth is here" Charlie smiled.

"Yep. I'm here all day and night" Barth said above us.

"No. I feel someone else's presences. Someone who shouldn't be here."

Shoot, he's catching on to me, a voice echoed inside my head. It was very faint though. I wasn't sure if I was hearing things, or I was just going insane. Ether way, it couldn't be good.

"Great, now your scaring me, Will" Rose frowned while picking up a card.

Will smiled and nudged her on the shoulder.

"You should be scared. Yes, I know what presences I'm sensing now. It's a Troll Demon. Yep, and he's coming to get you. And when he gets you, he's ether going to eat you or make you his sexy maid-." Rose whacked Will on the back of the head.

"That's not funny."

Will snickered and said, "yes, it is."

Owen and Charlie giggled while I just sat on the couch frowning.

"I sense it too. Something is here" I croaked.

Everyone silenced and looked at me.

I didn't know how, or why. But I could feel in my gut something was watching us. It felt close by. Possibly looking over my shoulder. And whatever it was, I felt cold and hopeless just thinking about it.

Will laid all his cards down and sat back on the couch.

"These past weeks I've felt suspicious about something. First The Witch Doctor talked about a woman telling him about Charlie's location. Then Raven said something about a man saying stuff about me. I have this feeling we might have someone spying on us. And this person is telling Raven and The Witch Doctor about whats going on in this house."

Will started to wiggle his thumbs together. He looked scared. "I mean, how else would The Witch Doctor know where Charlie is. How else would The Witch Doctor know how to hex Barth. It's nearly impossible to break his barrier. And this spy must have told Raven about me. She said 'he told me you had great power'. How would anyone know the limits of my power? Actually, now that I'm thinking about it. Even if there was a spy, they don't know my fullest extent. I don't even know my fullest extent."

Rose shifting in here spot besides Will.

"Okay, now your really scaring me."

Will gave a small smile and said, "don't worry. Your safe here."

I sighed and put down my cards and stood up.

"I'm going to get a drink."

I walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge with Charlie's cute drawing still taped to the front.

"Well, just to be safe about a spy, I'll have my uncle cast a stronger barrier around Barth's barrier. Then anything thats around here will be spotted out easily" Will added.

Just then I felt a painful sting squeeze my stomach. My breathing got heavy as I fell to my knees. What's going on, I thought. What's happening to me? My arm jerked without my command. The world around me started to go black. Evil laughter echoed in the back of my head. So long, kid. It's been fun using your body, that voice chuckled. Suddenly, a wave of memories stuck me. I remember standing in the library and finding a book. When I opened the book an arm reached out and grabbed me. Then there was a woman. A blond woman wearing a long black dress. Then she called me a name. Renaldo, I think. Renaldo... oh no, I thought. This guy name Renaldo took over my body. I think thats whats happening now.

Renaldo made me crack an evil grin as I stood up, looking totally causal. No one had noticed I had fell. No one had noticed something wrong until Renaldo made his move. He turned to one of the kitchen drawers and opened it, grabbing a kitchen knife. Just as he turned away I glanced at my reflection in the microwave. I looked... abnormal. Not human. Large dark rings circled my eyes. There was no color in them. Just grayness. And it looked like all the color had drained out of my face. I looked like a pale ghost.

Just before Renaldo turned to the living room, Will stood up and paused.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!"

Renaldo spun around and chucked the knife at Will. He caught it though and threw it back. Rose screamed and grabbed Owen and Charlie and hit the ground.

Will grinned and said, "I thought I smelled a rat."

"Easy for you to say Mr. Devil Demon" a hallow voice said coming out of my mouth. "I knew I wouldn't last very long in this body. Your clever little nose would find me out sooner or later." "What's going on, Will? Who's over there" Rose said with her face still shoved in the ground.

Will gulped and said, "do me a favor and don't look up."

Rose started to cry.

"Will. Where's Orion? Orion get over here now! Orion!"

Nothing happened. "Orion!" Rose jumped up and turned to face my body. Renaldo smiled and clenched the knife Will threw back at him.

"Sorry, sis. Not today."

Rose was to scared to say anything. All she did was stand there like a sitting duck during hunting season.

Renaldo chucked the knife at her. Rose just stood there with that horrified expression on her face. Will pushed her aside, barley missing the knife as it plunged into a vase sitting on the fireplace mantle. It shattered into a million pieces.

"What's wrong with Orion? Why is he trying to kill us? Why does he look like that" Rose stuttered. "Simple. Orion is being possessed by a demon that takes over body's. And that answers our question we had earlier. He's the spy" Will explained while summoning his sword.

"Guilty is charged. Honestly, he was so easy to trick. What a weakling" Renaldo said stepping forward.

"Liar!" Rose screamed. Renaldo paused and frowned. "Your a liar! Orion is the strongest boy ever! He's brave and so, so strong. Orion! I know you can hear me! You can beat this guy! Come on! ORION!" Rose shrieked.

I heard Roses call out to me. For the slightest of moment I gained control and managed to grab my left arm.

"Rose" I croaked.

Renaldo gained power again and stumbled forward.

"Stupid brat! He thinks he can beat me. Well he can't."

Rose took a deep breath and turned to Will.

"How do we beat this guy?"

Will frowned and squeezed his sword.

"We would have to destroy the body its using as a host. These specific demons don't have a true form. They have to use a body to live basically. That or someone else locks them away in a book or box or some type of tight prison."

"Well killing Orion is out of the question" Rose snapped.

Just then Will and Rose spotted something behind my body. Owen crawled up behind Renaldo, clenching his dagger.

"Owen" Will and Rose shouted together.

Renaldo slowly turned around to see Owen jump at him. Owen cut my cheek as Renaldo pushed him away.

"Come on, Orion! I've seen you fight better opponents then this guy! You can do it, Orion" Owen yelled.

"You don't know when to shut up do you" Renaldo said grabbing Owen by the shirt.

Owen didn't fight back though. He just hung there in my fists. Renaldo sighed and wrapped my fingers around Owens neck. He squeezed him tighter and tighter until Owens face was turing blue.

Will charged at Renaldo, but was kicked away. Owen was making choking noises now and Renaldo was squeezing the tightest he could.

Owen, my little brother. My best friend. He was dying right in front of my face. And I was doing it to him.

Owen managed to give one last smile as the color of his blue eyes seemed to fade away.

"Orion" he said with a last breath. His eyes closed as his body seemed to give up.

"Owen" Rose screamed.

Renaldo dropped Owen and kicked him in the head. Blood started to drip down his head.

Owen! Owen, I tried to scream.

"Owen!" I managed to scream.

I had won control over my body. Quickly, I punched myself in the eye and threw myself to the ground. "Now! Kill me now" I yelled at Will.

Will ran over to me and pinned me up to the wall by the stairs. The knife in my free had fell with a clunk as Renaldo gained control.

"Come on! If you want to beat me you'll have to kill the kid. You have no other choice" Renaldo smiled.

"Who sent you! Who sent you here! Was it Raven" Will asked with a stern look on his face. Renaldo smiled and said, "it was my mistress under Raven and her secret society. Thats all you getting out of me!"

Will growled as Renaldo kicked him back and punched him in the eye. Will swung his sword at me. Renaldo dodged it, but I was punched in the jaw by Will. Blood fell down my lip as I hit the wall and fell down. Just for a second nothing happened.

I just sat there until I managed to say, "no one. No one scares Rose. No one hurts my friends and no one, and I mean no one KILLS MY BROTHER AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!"

I grabbed the knife sitting beside me and stabbed it into my chest.

"Orion!" Rose screamed.

I smiled and let me arms drop.

No. No! This can't be happening, Renaldo said as his voice faded away in my head.

Oh yes. This is happening. I am suppose to protect my brother and sister. And that means dying for them.

My eyes slowly closed as the world around me blurred into darkness.

"What does Orion mean, mommy" I said holding my mothers hand while skipping down the street. I was four when I ask her that question. For some reason this memory came to my mind. I was probably watching my life before I die or something.

My mothers wavy brown hair danced in the breeze as she smiled down on me.

"Well Orion was hunter back in greek times. And he's also a picture in the sky. So it probably means sky hunter. Or hunter from the stars."

I snickered and said, "so my name means to hunt the sky? Thats lame."

My mother giggled and said, "no. Your name means your a hunter."

I kicked a pebble in front of me and frowned.

"What do I hunt then?"

My mother squeezed my hand and said, "well, you hunt what you need to survive. But a hunter also protects too. He protects whats important to him."

I smiled and said, "so I'm suppose to protect important stuff. Like what?"

My mother laughed as if it were some joke.

"Well you could start by protecting your brother and Rose-."

"And you and dad" I grinned. My mother smiled and nodded. "Yep. You can protect all of us."

The scene changed to my parents funeral. It was raining while Rose stood in front of my parents grave. She was ten at the time, and I was six. Owen held my hand as we watched from a distance at Rose.

Nothing happened until rose stomped her foot and yelled, "Why'd you have to die! I can't take care of them all by myself! Why'd you leave us alone! Why!"

Rose wiped the tears from her eyes and scowled at the grave.

See, Rose had a different reaction when our parents died. She was more angry then sad.

"Whats wrong with sissy" Owen asked me.

I sighed and gripped his hand.

"She's mad. She's mad she didn't protect them. I'm kinda mad too. I should have protected them."

Now I saw my brother and I sitting in our bedroom. Owen hanged his head down from the top bunk. He looked around nine, now.

"Hey, Orion. Where's sissy?" I shrugged and continued to play my video game.

"She's probably at work or something." I

glanced up and frowned. Owen had a large cut on his right hand.

I sat up and touched his hand. He swiped it away though.

"What happened" I asked.

He frowned and laid his head under his pillow.

"Nothing."

I stood up on my bed and looked up at Owen.

"Come on. You can tell me. I won't tell anyone."

Owen lifted his head up and sighed.

"Some kids at school cut me with there pocket knife. They were just goofing around though!"

I frowned and said, "still, you should tell someone! They could have gouged out you eye or something."

Owen chuckled and said, "gross."

I smiled and said, "if someone is picking on you come tell me! I'll straighten them out just for you! I mean that's what I'm meant to do. Protect you."

Owen smiled and nodded.

"You bet! No one can beat you! Your amazing! Someday you'll be fighting in the Octagon or you'll be the presidents body guard!"

I laughed and slouched forward.

"I don't think I'm that good, Owen."

Owen grinned and said, "of course you are. And since were best buds you'll protect me and I will protect you!"

I paused and gave a small smile.

"You bet. We're going to be buds till the end."

"Orion. Orion" a muffled voice croaked.

This is it. I'm dead. Thats probably god calling me to punish me for killing Owen.

A bright light started to grow in front of me. Finally I saw Owens face.

"I'm dead, aren't I?"

Owen smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"Your not dead, silly!"

Suddenly, Charlie's face appeared.

"You died to, Charlie" I frowned.

Charlie giggled and sat back.

"You alive, Orion! Your not dead!"

My vision was now clear as ever. I was laying down in my bed.

Slowly, I sat up groaned. A sharp pain hit me.

"Careful! Your still recovering" Owen snapped.

I saw my shirt was off and gauze was wrapped around me chest. Owens forehead was was wrapped up too.

I sat back and frowned.

"I'm sorry, Owen. I hurt you pretty bad."

Owen sighed and said, "it wasn't you. You didn't hurt me. It was that demon."

I shook my head and said, "I didn't protect you ether."

Owen smiled.

"Yes you did. With the help of your strength, that demon didn't choke me hard enough to kill me. You save me and you got rid of the demon."

I gave Owen a puzzled look.

"How did I beat him if I'm not dead then."

Charlie wiggled his toes and smiled.

"Simple! Will lured the demon out of your body and locked him into a box."

I raised my eyebrows and slumped back.

"Wheres Rose?"

Owen pointed to my left. I turned my head to see Rose asleep in a chair beside my bed. A roll of gauze sat in her lap and she snored. I reached my arm out of her and touched her cold hand. Rose groaned and opened her eyes.

"Rose" I croaked.

She gasped and sat up.

"Orion! Your awake. I'm so glad your okay."

Rose quickly sat on my bed and put her hand to my forehead. "You've cooled down a lot. How do you feel?"

I smiled and touched her hand.

"I feel better now everyone is alive."

She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so glad your safe. I thought both my brothers were dead." Rose started to cry. "Please don't do that again, Orion. You scared me so bad. I couldn't bare to lose my boys."

Owen smiled and said, "we're not going anywhere without you, sis."

Rose hugged Owen, Charlie and I.

"I love you all so much."

We all grinned and said, "we love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 5.5K 44
My grandmother is a witch. My mother is a witch. My sisters are witches (one of them in more ways than one). And to my complete and utter shock, I'm...
343 15 8
Number 1 in a long line of volumes in this story series! Hello! I am just like many average teens. But I am a wizard. I'm Brian, are you ready to go...
6.9M 267K 64
"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just that my body decided not to move. "I will...
126 0 26
I love this show Numb3rs so I thought it would be cool to write fan fiction for it, the show is about solving crime and murders with math. My brother...