Freak Out! She's Engaged (Gir...

By SkylarJapera

Rose takes Sam advice lightly. Once you fall for a Grayson there is no turning back. Sequel to Wait Before Y... More

Not This Again
Don't Judge A Human By It's Unique Sleeves!
Into My Bed...She Will Be.
Cat and Mouse
Dark, Wild, And Dirty.
Silly Games
A Crush
Never Put First
Rainbow and Sunshines
Stay
Bruises
Stares of Death
Insecurities
Fair Game
Yours
Stop Trying to Steal What's Mine
Victory
Battle of Hell
Dinner Crasher
What A Surprise!
A Flight Away
Not Without You
No One Have What We Have
Mission Accomplished
Tell Me!
True Colors
All of Me
Only You
Good Enough
Then it Clicks
Straight Forward
Insanity
You Were R...
Freak Out!
I hate you

Not Strangers

21.4K 796 169
By SkylarJapera

Chapter 19

"Rose!"

The little brats scream which make me roll my eyes. Nathalie walks into the house behind me and they let go of my leg and scream, "Nathalie!" While dragging her upstairs into their room. I smile while watching her interact with the twins. I loved how supportive she was. I was still struggling with getting use to the twins. But, she was always there for me.

Nathalie and I been dating for two months and I literally didn't have anything to complain about. My grades are awesome and my girlfriend is the best thing that ever happened to me in a long time. Plus, Joy and I was recreating a great relationship. For once I could say everything was....perfect.

"Dinner is almost ready." Joy say getting my attention.

I follow her into the kitchen. "What are you cooking?" I ask. I take in the aroma of whatever was on the stove.

"Pasta." Joy shrugs. "Nothing to special."

I chuckle.

Joy turns around and eye me. "What's funny?"

"My friend Sam." I pause. Is Sam really my friend now? "Nathalie best-friend Sam" I correct. "She loves pasta. I think she would actually kill for it."

"Ah. The twins talk about her all the time. She must be really close to Nathalie."

"Yeah, I don't think Nathalie can live without her..."

Joy pause and arch her eyebrow. "How do you feel about that?"

"Feel about what?" I ask opening the fridge for something to snack on.

"About Sam and Nathalie relationship."

I chuckle, "There is nothing going on. Trust me. Sam is in love with someone else who she would never leave."

"I hope so." Joy turns off the stove. "I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"Thanks." I grin. "But, there is nothing to worry about when it comes to Sam and Nathalie."

I sit down at the table and the twins come pounding into the kitchen with Nathalie behind them.

Nathalie smiles at me and take a seat next to me and we all begin to eat and talk and as I said before. Everything is....perfect.

<><>

"Why is this class do hard?" Sam whines.

We all sit at the table with our notes and laptops. Finals is the worst. It is almost Christmas Break and everyone is struggling to keep it going. Austin wasn't getting any sleep, Sam is struggling in her advance Architectural Design class, and I was just over everything. If it wasn't for Nathalie I wouldn't be in this damn depressing library.

"Can we just go home?" I ask. I wanted to bang my head against the table because of how exhausted I was.

"We still have two more hours to go Rose." Nathalie say while continuing to read her book. She was the only one who wasn't freaking out about finals. Exams was literally a breeze for for.

I sigh while frowning. "Well, I need a break. I'm going to get coffee."

"Oh please." Sam head pops up from her computer. "Please, please get me a pumpkin spice latte extra sweet. It's only limited time."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever." I still to this day wonder how Miranda and Sam work so perfectly. They were so different and Sam could be a kid sometimes. She grins at me before concentrating back on her work. I guess that was it....Sam pushed herself to succeed just as Miranda.

"Do you mind company?" Viviana ask while slamming her book. "I could use a break also."

"Sure, why not."

We both leave the table and head to the coffee stand outside. It was freezing cold and I shudder as the wind cut through my Nike sweatshirt. I groan when I see the long line that is wrapping around the stand. "Is it really worth it?" Viviana ask. "It's freezing cold out here."

"Come on." I say. We head to my car and quickly get in. I turn the heat on blast before pulling off. "Thank God I grabbed my keys."

"Yeah." Viviana chuckles while agreeing. "This is a nice car by the way." She say looking around.

"Thanks." I smirk.

We cut through traffic and head to another famous coffee joint that is really popular. Viv and I converse while listening to whatever the radio was playing. She was surprisingly a cool person. She was around more often now that she worked for Miranda. I could tell she was happy to be back in the business and apparently she was really good. However, her mother is still sick so she can't travel much.

"How's your mom doing?" I ask out of concern.

"She's getting better." Viv smile. "I'm just hoping she stay that way ya know."

I nod my head changing the subject. "How is it working with Miranda?"

"I really don't see her much. She's the boss who has other important things to do than stand around and watch a photo shoot. I heard she's hell to work with though. She calls all the models by numbers."

I laugh. "Really?"

"Yeah." Viv smile. "It's so many of us that she can't keep up. One day she shouted my name because my pose was wrong and I swear everyone thought they seen a ghost even the assistant ran into the bagel table."

I laugh. I would pay so much to see that.

"But, people are spreading rumors. They're all wondering how I got the job so easily. But, I don't pay them any mind."

I shake my head. "Idiots." We park and hurry and make our way inside because of the weather. The line wasn't long so it didn't take long before I ordering two coffees and a pumpkin spice latte. "Make sure it's sweet please." The man nod his head and Viv starts her order.

While she order I try to get out the way which result in me bumping into someone chair. "Sorry." I mutter. My eyes widen. "Paul?"

"Rose. Hey." Paul smile. He had his equipment set up with all his art work. He had to be working on his final project. I look around. But, why here of all places. "Finishing up for finals?" I ask. "In a place like this? That's depressing but it has to be better than the library."

Paul chuckles, "It's not that bad here. It's been stressful. I really wanted to get away from the studio."

"That's good. Where have you been? I haven't seen you in a while."

Paul furrow his eyebrows. "Do you not remember what happened at the tattoo shop?"

"Dude come on." I say. "That was a misunderstanding. You can still come around."

"You and Nathalie are official right?"

"Yeah, but what does that matter—

Paul shake his head annoyed. "I don't need Nathalie jumping down my throat every time I say something to you Rose. And I definitely don't need you two throwing your perfect relationship in my face."

"Now you're just being sensitive." I say with a frown. "Nathalie wouldn't do that. She's been asking about you. Everyone has. But, if you can't handle us being together then sit here and hide in the coffee shop if that is what you choose to do."

"You're ignoring my feelings." Paul almost shouts. "I'm man enough to admit I have them—

"Hey Paul." Viv walks up cutting Paul off.

"Hey Viv." Paul shuts his laptop with a sigh and look at me. "Hopefully we can catch up after finals but right now I need to focus on this project without the drama."

"Whatever. See you around." I frown. I didn't understand what was so hard about being around

Nathalie and me. And where the hell did he get this notion of thinking I was ignoring his feelings. Viv follows me back to the car. I scowl. Paul was such a baby sometimes.

"You miss him huh?"

"What?" I look at her like she is nuts.

She chuckles while shaking her head. "Oh boy. You actually have a thing for Paul."

I slam down on the brakes and swerve off the road. "What the hell are you talking about?" I ask with venom.

Viv hold her chest. "Don't ever do that again. Are you trying to get us killed?"

I ignore her and stare at her like she is freaking crazy.

"What?" She ask.

"Are you trying to ruin my relationship with Nathalie?" I ask.

Viv eyebrows crinkle in confusion before she laugh. "If I wanted Nathalie I would actually go for her when she's free. I'm not a home wreaker."

"What does that mean?" I ask. "Do you have a thing for my girlfriend?"

Viv laughs and I frown because this was not funny. "No I do not." She say. I narrow my eyes while staring at her to see if she is lying or not. I really liked Viv. She was a cool person and I didn't want Nathalie to lose another friend. Sam was right about when she said Nathalie cherished her friends because she didn't have any in high school.

"Okay." I say. The old me would have kicked her out my car and make her walk in the cold because I didn't trust anyone but that wasn't me anymore. I couldn't risk losing Nahtalie. "Alright." I start the car and explain. "I don't have a thing for Paul."

"Right." Viv laughs. I frown. "I won't say anything. I hate drama but you made the right decision choosing Nathalie."

I look her. "See that's the shit that makes me think you have a thing for my girlfriend Viv."

"I don't have a thing for your girlfriend. I never fall for someone who is taken."

"Good." I say. "Because I'll kill you."

Viviana chuckles. "Just drive Rose."

{}{}

"Sam!" I groan into the couch when I hear voices. "Where are my shoes?" I grab my phone and glance at the time. It was six am. Miranda was fucking nuts. I lift up and stretch. How the hell did I fall asleep on the couch?

"Sam." Miranda calls again.

"Babe. It's early." I hear Sam groan. "Your shoes are in the dining room. Now please tone it down."

I turn around and see the pout on Miranda lips. It amazed me how Sam could get the most kid like emotions for Miranda. Sam kisses Miranda on the lip and the older woman face breaks out in a smile. I roll my eyes at the display of affection and make my way towards Nathalie room.

I crawl under the quilt and pull her body into mine. I kiss her shoulder and say, "You left me on the couch."

"You wouldn't wake up." Nathalie mumbles with her eyes still close. "Have my mom left yet."

"No." I say. "But, she's dress. She should be putting on her shoes now."

Nathalie smile and begin to kiss me on the neck. Her warm hands run over my body and I smirk. However, the door is slam open and I internally jump. I sigh when I notice it is Sam with a smirk plastered on her face before she is frowning.

"Your phone is ringing."

I answer it when I notice it is the twins. "Rose!" Both of them scream through the phone.

"Lily, Delilah. Why are you up so early on a Saturday?"

"We are back early from the trip. We told our teacher that they could drop us off at your house—

"I'm not at home." I quickly get out of bed.

"We know." Delilah say. "You're with your girlfriend. We are outside."

"What?" I ask with confusion.

"What's wrong?" Nathalie ask.

I grab my shoes and head out the door but before I could even get to the front door there was Lily and Delilah sitting on the couch asking Miranda questions.

"How are you so pretty?" Lily ask.

"Are you Nathalie mom?"

"You don't look old." Delilah spat.

Miranda look up at me and say, "They asked for you." She then elegantly grab her purse and stand. "There is oatmeal and orange juice in the kitchen. Make sure they are fed."

I look up at Miranda in shock. I was thinking she would kick all of us out but she seem to have a soft spot for the twins. I smirk. "What are you two doing here?"

"I told you--

I shake my head. "I understand. Where is your mom?"

"She's working over-time. The babysitter didn't come get us but I'm guessing it's because momma can't afford a babysitter anymore." Lily explain.

I frown. Joy should have told me. "Alright. Come on."

Lily and Delilah follow me into the kitchen and I hurry and start the oatmeal. Banana for Lily and Peaches for Delilah. I make extra for Sam and Nathalie and put the bowls on the table. Nathalie comes into the kitchen and take a seat. "Well good morning you two."

I take advantage of this time to call Joy. I quickly dial her number and when she answers all I hear is loud ruckus in the background.

"Joy. This is Rose."

"Rose is everything okay?"

"Yes, I have the twins." I pause. "Is everything okay."

"Yes, Rose. I'm sorry. I will be there to pick them up as fast as I can."

"No. Take your time. We will talk later." I hear something loud in the back and Joy hurries and hang up the phone. I furrow my eyebrows. I wonder what that was all about. Once the twins are done eating they head to the couch and yawn in their hand. It was still pretty early. I grab them some blankets and they quickly fall asleep on the couch.

Sam comes out of her room and say, "Miranda told me about the twins. She told me to make sure you cook them breakfast."

"I did." I scowl before furrowing my eyebrows. "Why do she care so damn much?"

"Woah. She was just checking." Sam reply. "I'm guessing they said something about being hungry."

"Well. Tell Miranda that everything is fine." I roll my eyes and head back into Nathalie room. I sigh and take a seat on the couch. Nathalie soon comes from out of the bathroom wrap in a towel.

"Hey, is everything okay?"

"Joy is struggling with money and she didn't tell me." I say. "I thought we was getting closer but I guess not."

Nathalie sit down next to me. "Hey. She probably didn't want you to worry. Don't jump to conclusions okay."

I sigh. "Okay. Well the brats are gonna be here for a while."

The next few hours with the brats wasn't bad. They ate ham sandwiches for lunch and now they was sitting on the couch with Miranda who had soon came back from a private meeting.

"Are you rich?" Delilah ask.

I roll my eyes but Miranda didn't seem to mind them. She shush them when they get too loud and continue to answer their questions. Sam stay close by with a smile plastered on her face. I guess having children with Miranda was somewhere in her future plans.

Soon someone knock on the door and I quickly answer it. When I open the door there is Joy standing there and she looked exhausted.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She smiles. "Where are the twins?"

"In the dining room with Miranda."

Joy eye widens. "Miranda Grayson is here?"

"Yeah." I shrug. "It's cool. She actually likes them. Follow me."

Joy follow me down the hall until we reach the kitchen.

"Hey Joy." Sam waves.

"Hello Sam." Joy smiles in return she then walk into the dining room and the twins run towards Joy with happy faces.

"Mom." They both say at the same time.

Miranda closes her magazine and look up. She then arch her eyebrow and stand. "Joy?" She questions in shock.

I look between the both of them and Joy wave awkwardly "Hello Miranda."

"You two know each other?" Sam and I say at the same time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

657 18 21
you chose the wrong twin before, don't do it again
40K 980 55
*Sequel to LUCID* When Alexandra Parker finds out just how rough and horrendous love can be, she joins the mortel's and leaves home. It seems a...
936 79 33
*Sequel to Illusion* ~You can't just give up on someone because the situation is not ideal. Great relationships aren't great because they have no pro...
83.2K 1.2K 31
Tell me why I can't seem to face the truth. I'm just a little too not over you. copyright @bootlegrayson