Being the Girl

Von unendingly

Danni Parks best friends are all guys and she is perfectly fine with being the girl. She can't stand hanging... Mehr

01 -- Spaghetti Hair
02 -- Frozen Bras
03 -- Name, Adress, Social Security, and a Bag of Bacon
04 -- Fake Numbers and Saw
05 -- Whipped or Not
06 -- Ketchup Periods
07 -- Washboard Abs and Sparkly Poop
09 -- Bacon Withdrawl Syndrom
10 -- Loopy Gas
11 -- Pinky Promises and Lighters
12 -- The Triathlon
13 -- Puke Breath
14 -- Fairy Wings and Dress Up
15 -- Fire Ants, Hospitals, and Barbie Dolls
16 -- Robot Zombies
17 -- Hide and Seek
18 -- Barney Boxers and High Heels
19 -- Badass Five-Year-Olds and Paint Showers
20 -- Goose Bumps and Killers
21 -- Fashion Designers and the Amazing Sibling
22 -- The Prank Master and Ice Cream Faces
23 -- Grape Soda and Broken Arms
24 -- Down and Dirty and Sand Soccer
25 -- Puppy-dog Eyes and an Extra Side of Bacon
26 -- Breaking Points and Explosions
27 -- Underwater Kisses and Vats of Purple Slime
28 -- Flipped Over Air Matresses and Flipped Over Tables
29 -- Sugar Rush and Spilled Gatorade
30 -- Snoring and the Queen of France
31 -- Melted Ice Cream and Kissing in the Rain
32 -- Back Dumpsters and Six Football Players
33 -- Loads of Garbage and Superheros
34 -- The F Bomb and the First Tears
35 -- Middle Names and a Million Years
36 -- Painted Asses and Rookies
37 -- Swings and New Ways of Killing
38 -- Room 358 and Janitor's Closets
39 -- Unbroken Pinky Promises
Epilogue -- Being the Girl

08 -- Kiss and Yell

6.6K 78 20
Von unendingly

Hey guys! I'm really sorry about the cliffhanger last time, but I'm trying to make it up by updating early. I promise the wait will be worth it.

Also I  did post that short story and I would really appreciate it if you guys would take a look at it! It would mean the world to me:)

I love you guys! Thanks so much for doing everything that you do! You're the best fans ever and if you ever need anything just tell me! I'll stop talking and let you to get what happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex walked me back to my locker. Ashley tripped me again. Alex tried to catch me, but I ended pulling him down with me. He fell on top of me. Ashley rolled her eyes and walked away.

“How come this always happens to us?” I asked laughing.

He stared into my eyes. “You don’t need that excuse for a guy. You need a real guy, Danni.” He kissed me gently. I don’t know why, but I kissed him back. He put his arms around my waist. I put mine around his neck.

I completely forgot that we were at school. I felt the tingly feeling. That was where I remembered it from. When I kissed him at McDonalds I had felt the sparks. “Danni?” I pulled back and looked over at Cody.

“Cody! It’s not what it looks like!” I jumped up and ran towards him.

He shook his head and backed up. “No, it’s not. We’re over, Danni.” He ran away. I started to run after him, but Alex grabbed me.

“Too late. There goes your extra ten bucks.”

I turned bright red with rage. I could not believe Alex. He did that so I would lose the bet. “You-you freaking asshole! You knew he would see! You did this to ruin my bet! I hate you!” I ran away. Everybody was waiting for me at my car. I jumped into the driver’s side yelling. “Get a ride with Garrett!” Everybody looked at me like I was crazy and backed up.

Ashton jumped in the passenger’s side. I drove to the park in silence. I jumped out and sat on one of the swings. “What’s the matter?” Ashton asked sitting on the swing next to me.

I gave him an empty smile. “You won the bet.”

He gathered me into a hug. “I told you, you had feelings for him.” I shook my head. “So how’d it happen?”

“No way, he was just my extra ten bucks. Ashley tripped me and Alex tried to grab me but he fell on top of me. Then he said, ‘You don’t need that excuse for a guy. You need a real guy, Danni.’ And then he kissed me when Cody saw and broke up with me. But he just did it for me to lose the bet!”

He hugged me tighter. “You’ll be okay.” I smiled and pulled back.

“Thanks, but like I said. He was just some guy for a bet. I’ll still get fifty bucks. I’m fine,” I lied. The truth was I felt like a piece of crap. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry and eat nothing but bacon. Most girls would want cookie dough. I wanted bacon. But I couldn’t do that. I was stronger than that.

He raised an eyebrow. “Are you?” I ran into his arms again. “Hey, it’s fine. Like I said, you will be okay. And don’t worry. I won’t tell the other guys.”

I didn’t go to Garrett’s house. I drove Ashton home and then went to my house and watched TV. Which is what I did the next day, and the next day, until Friday. I hadn’t talked to Alex the rest of the week. I still couldn’t believe he made me loose the bet, and my boyfriend. The dance was tomorrow and I didn’t have a dress or anyone to go with.

I walked out into the hall. Cody was opening his locker. I took a deep breath and walked over there. They would call me whipped, but I didn’t care anymore. I wanted to make things right with him. “Hi,” I said quietly.

He looked over at me then got a book out of his locker. “Hi,” he said coldly.

“Cody, look I know what you saw, but Alex had to kiss me for a bet so he kissed me! Please forgive me! I really like you!” I yelled so fast that I didn’t know if I knew what I said. He looked over at me in surprise. “You’re cute, and funny, and smart, and you may not be athletic, but I don’t care! I like you!”

He smiled and grabbed my waist pulling me into a short kiss, but it was enough to leave me breathless. “I like you too,” he whispered in my ear. I smiled. “I know this is really sudden, but will you go to the Fall Bash with me?” The Fall Bash wasn’t like prom, it wasn’t as formal or as nice.

I gasped. “Of course!” We kissed longer and harder than before. The bell rang and I ran to class. I smiled the whole class.

“Why are you so smiley?” Ashton asked. I smiled bigger and told him what just happened. “You do have feelings for him,” he teased. I smacked him lightly, but I smiled, because I did have feelings for him.

“And you are going shopping with me after school.” He scowled, but I put on my best puppy dog look and he nodded. I smiled and hugged him.

I threw the pink dress back at Ashton. “No!” Me and Ashton were shopping for dresses. I pulled out a navy blue one that was down to the knees. I gasped. “Ashton, it’s so pretty.” He laughed. “What?”

He laughed again. “You’re acting like a girl.”

I dropped my jaw. “I am a girl, jerk-hole!” We laughed together as I ran into a dressing room. I put it on and took my hair down, which I don’t do often. I gasped and touched the mirror. It didn’t look like me. I never wear dresses or take my hair down. Only on special occasions.

I walked out. Ashton gaped. “Oh my God, you really are a girl.” I shot him a look. “I mean you look like one, a pretty one. What I meant to say is you look pretty.” I smiled. I walked back in the room and went and paid for it without looking at the price tag. That’s the life of the rich.

We bought shoes that matched and headed back to Garrett’s. I put my stuff in my room and walked back downstairs. Alex looked up. “Danni! You’re here!” he ran over and grabbed my arm. I pushed him off and went to get some bacon.

“Where are the rest of the guys?” Ashton asked.

“The pool. I stayed behind because I knew you’d come today,” Alex said looking at me. Ashton walked out to the pool. I started to walk towards the pool, but he grabbed my arm. “You’re not going anywhere, Danielle.” I looked over at him now with interest.

Nobody called me Danielle, unless they were planning to die. “Looks like I am, Alexander.” I tried to push him away, but he held on tight.

I struggled, but he still wouldn’t let go. I knew I didn’t stand a chance against him. “Look, dammit. I was nice all week and didn’t talk to you because you didn’t want to talk to me, but I’m done now. I’m sorry, Danni! I just… didn’t want you to win the bet. Please forgive me?” he sounded sincere.

Everybody knows that I don’t forgive people and I hold grudges, but I don’t know why I wanted to forgive Alex so easily. “Whatever.”

A smile spread across his face once he knew he was forgiven. “Great,” he pulled me into a hug smashing me against him. I pulled back. He looked down. “Sorry.” I shrugged and walked out to the pool. “Wait!” he called. I turned around. He scratched his head, something he does when he’s nervous. “Would you want to go to the Fall Bash with me as, you know, friends?”

I tapped my foot rapidly, something I did when I got nervous. “Well, I would, but I’m kind of going with someone else.”

“Who the hell could you possibly be going with?!”

I gulped. “Cody.” He opened his eyes wide. “We made up today and he asked me. So we’re back together I guess.”

He flipped his hair. “Oh, well that’s great,” he said awkwardly. I gave him a weird smile. “Will you just save one dance for me then?” he smiled. I nodded and got my bathing suit on. I walked outside.

I felt somebody grab me by the ankles and threw me into the water. I screamed until I hit the water. I came back up gasping for air. “Help me,” I joked. Alex took off his shirt and jumped in with his shorts. I laughed as he fake saved me.

We all swam the rest of the day and we popped in Insidious as we started to fall asleep. I snuggled up to Garrett. “I heard you got back with Cody,” he teased.

“Who told you?!”

He laughed. “You did.” I looked at him weird. “Just now.” I punched him and fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So I know a lot of people liked Alex before, but what about now? He only kissed her to get her and Cody to break up. Sad day:(

Next chapter is the dance! I'll tell you know that nothing really big will happen at the dance. Sorry.

So I hope you all forgive me for the cliffhanger for last time! I updated early and the chapter was good, I think, so I hope you have forgiven me!

Also again, please read my new short story Lie Detector. It is a romance though it does not show it in the first chapter. I would really appreciate it if you did:)

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote!

Adios!

-believeinu<3

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

67.3K 1K 17
Sam & Piper have been best friends since birth. They've been each other's first kiss, first crush, and first date to a dance. But now, their in high...
438 32 27
Falling for a guy is never simple, but falling for your brothers best friend... now that's a whole new level of complicated Danni is your normal girl...
224K 6.2K 25
"I wanna go on a road trip. I want to sleep in crappy hotels. I want to sing along to happy songs while driving. I want to watch the sun rise in a di...
146 1 18
Angelica has spent her whole life trying to make her parents happy , including dating a guy who hated her . On her 21st birthday she found her boyfri...