The Forgotten Princess

By ChloePJ

What would you do if everything you had ever known was a lie? What would you do if you never even knew who th... More

The Forgotten Princess
Chapter 1: Just Another Day
Chapter 2: Music is Life
Chapter 3: Missing Something
Chapter 4: What is happening to me?
Chapter 5: I am no Sherlock
Chapter 6: Going in Circles
Chapter 7: Sweet Sixteen?
Chapter 8: Learning the Truth
Chapter 9: Regaining Composure
Chapter 10: Everything Changes
Chapter 11: Running
Chapter 12: A New Face
Chapter 13: Fairytales are Lies
Chapter 14: Change
Chapter 15: I don't do this Running thing
Chapter 16: A Scene from a Spy Film
Chapter 17: The Illusion Ends
Chapter 18: What do I do?
Chapter 19: Unveiled Disguises
Chapter 20: Ignorance Is Bliss
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 23: Home?

Chapter 22: A Knife's Edge

863 71 2
By ChloePJ

Wow. It has been a long time and I am so sorry. 

I have been trying to settle my life at university. it is a new experience and has been hard to get used to even though i have gotten there in the end. It has been a juggling act of uni work and a part time job.

anyway, vote, comment, follow and as always

Enjoy

Chloe x

Chapter 22

"You monster Cameron! You fight for power and will kill a child to get your way," my father called accusingly. 

"That is not an answer, King," Cameron spat, pushing the blade further into my throat.

I felt the pierce of the knife and the slight stab of pain. Crimson liquid trickled down my throat, contrasting with paler skin. I looked towards my parents and their army who looked torn. Most were furious. Struggling to contain their rage and not shift into their wolf forms. I guess I was their princess after all and nothing would change my mind on the matter that I wouldn't let them sacrifice the kingdom and their lives for me. My life wasn't worth it on its own. 

"Don't give up for me. I would give my life than let this monster win. Keep fighting!" I shouted, my parents weren't going to stop, just because I was stupid enough to get caught. 

"Shut up!" Cameron hissed, yanking harshly on my hair. 

There was no satisfaction that I would give him and i kept my mouth shut even at the harshness in which he tugged at my hair. I smirked at him.

"Is this who you really want controlling your kingdom? Someone who would value his own power over the life of his own people. Go against your alphas. This is your chance to turn the tide of the war. Do the right thing for your families and for your children?"

People began to chatter in hushed voices but what was most noticeable were people running from Cameron's side to my parent's side. Their arms held up in surrender. Maybe the tide could turn. This war was far from over. We could still win this. We could beat Cameron all because of his stupid arrogance and his own greed. 

With this new found hope, I decided enough was enough. There was a high chance that I was going to have to die anyway so i should at least risk it and fight back. I wasn't going to be the damsel in distress waiting for my death. In my knelt down position, i kicked my leg back harshly into his shin. I heard his gasp of pain as his hand dropped from my hair and the blade moved from my throat. 

Dodging the blade, I scrambled forward just to add some distance between Cameron and I before pushing myself to my feet. My white dress was now stained from the mud and torn but I felt fierce. I had fight left in me and I would fight Cameron. My eyes were focused on the furious gaze of Cameron who was clutching the knife so tight that his knuckles were going white. In the midst of the anger in his eyes, i could see fear. That fear of failure. Doubt was all i needed to see, Cameron's terror was going to come to an end.

"BITCH!" He screamed before charging at me. 

I braced myself, ready to shift at a moment's notice. Then I noticed Marc who with the brief distraction kicked his guards to the ground and charged Cameron. They went tumbling to the floor. Vicious punches were thrown as they scrambled for dominance in the fight. They struggled with one another. The blade was barely a sliver of silver as it moved and my worry grew for Marc. A gasp. A splash of blood. Crimson sprayed on Cameron's top and instantly began to stain it. A blood spatter stained the skirt of my dress. All ready clinging to the very fibres of my dress. Cameron tossed Marc off of him. The hilt of the knife was the only thing visible from where it was buried in Marc's chest. 

I could feel his pain and his fear and i felt like i was dying.  I was crushed under it all and that only served to fuel my anger. Marc was gasping, the blood oozing ominously from his wound and as he coughed, blood dripped from his mouth, painting his lips an even darker shade of red. As Cameron smirked at his son, the last shred of control in me snapped. My vision flashed red. My Mate. Marc was hurt and he would dare laugh and smirk. I screamed in agony. In fury. I charged, shifting mid stride into my beautiful white wolf. 

Cameron barely had time to react before i was sinking my teeth into his arm and tearing viciously. Hearing the satisfying crunch of his bones and the rush of air that left him in pain. I would paint the ground red in his blood. He wouldn't cause another soul anymore pain.  

Chaos erupted. 

The seeming trance that both sides were in broke and the two sides rushed at one another, shifting into their wolf forms and the noise was immense. The howls as the first few people began to go down but i didn't dare look around. I was still focused on Cameron. 

He tore himself free. Blood pouring from his arm before shifting into his wolf. My anger was the only thing keeping me going and keeping my mind from telling me that I was facing someone of full training and years of experience which i had never had. As long as I was fighting and fighting for Marc and for my parents, I didn't care. 

We charged at one another. Biting at one another viciously. I felt pain in various parts of my body but I kept going. Swiping at Cameron hoping to get a decent hit but it soon became apparent that even with his injured arm, he was teasing me. Taunting me knowing that he could still easily beat me without even trying. It went on like this for some time before he finally pinned me, just biting into me to cause me pain. Twisting his fangs  just to shred my wound and to cause ,me more pain. My white fur was now mattered with crimson blood so apparent in the stark contrast of colour. 

I thought this was the end when suddenly a huge black wolf and a brown wolf tore him from me. They attacked Cameron in perfect harmony. Knowing each others fighting style well. Everything in sync and deadly. It was my parents. My gaze flickered away as i saw that they were killing Cameron. I couldn't watch anymore. That was still something that was all too much for me even if I did feel like doing that to him. No matter the pain that I was in. No matter how tired i felt, i dragged myself up and moved myself to try and find and Marc. It didn't take long to find him still on the floor. His breathing was ragged and oh God was there so much blood. He was now coughing it up more than before and it trickled from his mouth. I knew that was a bad sign. 

The war and fight was dying around me. It was clear that our side was coming out on top but I couldn't celebrate or sigh in relief because my mate was dying and i felt so powerless to do anything about it. This could end me. I have been through too much and too much with him to let him die. 

I shifted back not caring for how exposed i now was before hobbling beside Marc and dropping to the ground beside him. As I was in just as bad state as Marc, blood and wounds painting the majority of my body. Light headed. Hurting and tiredness was all I could feel and with Marc this way, the fight i had left was beginning fade.  I took hold of his hand in mine before applying pressure with my other hand to try and stem the blood flow. 

"Marc. Stay with me. Stay with me please. Don't die. I need you. I need you Marc," I pleaded, tears finally rolling down my cheek. 

I watched as my tears glistened as they fell onto Marc's shirt adding to the blood already there. His breathing was heavy but kept hitching every so often. His eyes flickered open, glazed over, barely focussing until they landed on me.

"Hey..." He choked out before coughing some more.

"Don't speak. Just s-stay awake. Keep those eyes on me."

"I'm sorry... So sorry. I should have told y-you about him."

"Shush. That doesn't m-matter now," I spoke through broken sobs.

"I l-love you Anna."

"I love you too. Now eyes on me."

He weakly gripped my hand but with each passing second that grip faded. I wasn't fairing much better as a bite in my side kept bleeding profusely and it sickened my seeing the ground soak with the combined blood of both Marc and I. 

"S-sorry." 

I looked from where my hand was trying to stem the bleeding around the blade to Marc's face. His eyes closing. Panic shot through me. He just needs to last a little longer until the battle totally ended and medics could get onto the field. Clearly the blade hadn't hit his heart, he wouldn't have been alive. He just needed to last a bit longer. 

His eyes closed.

"Hey. No. MARC. Stay with me. Please. Please," I cried. 

My hand not trying to stem the flow of blood was placed, cradling his face. Sobbing was all I could do. My mate was dying and i hadn't been able to spend my life with him. 

Tired. So tired. My life was a mess. My light-headedness was finally getting to me and i felt as my body swayed. Black edging ever so slightly at my vision. 

"Annabella," I heard a voice speak behind me.

I felt myself go limp and fall ever so slightly to the ground before the arms of my father caught me. His face full of worry as my mother leant down beside him. My vision blurred in and out of focus. My body feeling heavier and the effort to keep my eyes open becoming harder. 

"Save him... Please," I whispered.

My eyes closed. 

Save him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 155 20
What would you do if you woke up in a hospital bed, not knowing anything about yourself except for your name?
142 24 23
What would you do if you found out your entire life had been nothing but a lie? Would you do what I'm trying to or would you turn around and pretend...
2.5K 247 31
Having a tail makes me different from humans. Being the princess' doppelganger makes me different from others of my kind. I'm kept hidden away, livin...
58 10 11
What would you do if your life was in shambles? If your father acted like he hated you and your mother acted like she couldn't hear anything other th...