We're a Family

By Soccerstar2015

From average days to big tournaments, best friends, Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd, look out for their daughter Ju... More

(2) Good Morning to You too!
(3) Realizations
(4) Explosions
(5) Mama and Me
(6) Tobs
(7) Pancakes!
(8) Dinner Dates
(9) MoMo
(10) Pregame
(11) Goals!
(12) Keep it Together
(13) Just Don't Hurt Her
(14) That Time
(15) M&Ms
(16) No Ice!
(17)Grounded
(18) Bowling
(19) Heat Stroke
(20) Uh Oh
(21) Mama-ing
(22) Jealousy
(23) Planning
(24) Aftermath
(25) Cinnabon
(26) Bully
(27) Guess Who's Here?
(28) Mom and Papa
(29) Fish Fishy
(30) Training
(31) Progress In Two Directions
(32) Sweet Surprises
(33) "Bye" but possibly "Hi"?
(34) New Additions
(35) Understanding
(36) Ring! Ring!
(37) Insta-Fam
(38) Adventures in Writing
(39) We're Sisters
(40) Leaning on Eachother
(41) I'll Get It!
(42) Not So Sweet Surprises
(43) Moms
(44) Hide and Seek
(45) Strawberry
RED ALERT: GOOD NEWS!!

(1) A Little Bit of Trouble

11.1K 113 17
By Soccerstar2015

Carli's POV

"What time is it?" I ask putting down my tablet and looking to my roommate and best friend, Hope Solo. She sighs and closes her book before turning to look at the alarm clock on the nightstand in between our beds.

"Nine-thirty, why? Weren't you just on your iPad? Couldn't you have checked?" she laughs. I smile and shake my head. I hadn't thought of that.

"You know I don't know how that thing works!" I say trying to make myself sound less silly.

Hope just laughs harder, "Carls it's at the top! It's not that difficult!"

I give her a playful glare, "Geez. Sorry not everyone's as technically inclined as the Mrs. Hope 'Baddest Keeper in the World' Solo." She rolls her eyes at the nickname. "I was asking by the way because Julie is supposed to come by here before she goes to sleep."

"Curfew isn't until eleven. Why would she be here now?" she asks confused. I guess I forgot to tell her. Oops.

"She was sluggish and whiney all day today in the weight room. She obviously hasn't been going to sleep when she's supposed to. She's exhausted. Dawn even mentioned something to me afterwards." I explain. "So to fix it I told Jay she would have her butt in bed by ten tonight and if I have to come sit in her and Moe's room to make sure I would."

"Carli," sighs Hope disapprovingly, "you're too tough on her. She's just a kid."

"She's twenty-three Hope-"

"She's practically a baby!" she says cutting me off. She starts to say something else, but gets interrupted by a knock at the door. Since I'm closest to the door I get off my bed, not before sliding my slides on first, and go to answer it. You never know what has been on the floors at a hotel. There could have been cockroaches. I shiver at the thought and quickly push it out of my head. I hate those little things. I open the door to be met with a freshly showered, wet headed Julie Johnston. Seeing that I was the one to get the door didn't do much good for the young blonde, she immediately starts to rub her hands on her pajama pants. A sure sign she is freaking out because her hands always sweat when she gets nervous.

"Hey Mama." she mumbles keeping her gaze on the floor. I move to the side to let her in.

"Hey kiddo." I say and give her a quick kiss on the side of her head as she passes me and goes straight for the comfort of her "mom". Hope smiles and quickly wraps her up in a hug and kisses her forehead.

"How's my J-bug tonight hmm?" she coos sitting down getting the both of them comfortable which means Hope sitting straight and Jay curled into her side with her head on Hope's chest.

"Okay." she whispers still looking down, but now instead of the floor she looks at the comforter of the bed.

"How was your day baby girl? Anything happen?" pries Hope while adjusting her so she has to look up into her eyes.  Julie is a terrible liar and she hates to disappoint her mother and Hope hates lying just about as much as I hate cockroaches. From my spot leaned against the doorframe of the bathroom I hear Julie hiccup meaning she's about to cry. We've gone through this too many times to count within this past month.

"I-I'm sorry Mommy!" cries JJ burying her head in Hope's shoulder. "Mama was mad and I got scared and-and-"

"Hey hey hey." soothes Hope glancing up at me with her eyebrows furrowed together. "Shh baby. Calm down. Tell Moms what happened." She sits her up and rubs her back until she starts to breathe better again.

"After Mama got on to me I was scared and upset so I was mean to Kelly and Alex. They kept asking me questions and joking about me being a slacker because I didn't lift a lot today. I got mad and snapped at them." Hope snaps her head up to look at me. She looks at me and then down at Julie and then back at me.

"Did you know about this?" she ask me. "I swear Carli if you just didn't tell me I'm-"

"No I swear I didn't!" I say quickly walking over and kneeling in front of Julie. "I thought she was going to tell you about how she wasn't sleeping, not that." I talk to Hope before turning my attention to our "daughter". "What did you say to them kiddo?"

"That they were-" she stops and blushes. "Can I use the words Mama?" Hope's ears turn red with anger. For the most fouled mouth player on the National Team she is very strict when it comes to what Jay is allowed to say versus what is not acceptable.

"Julie Beth I can not believe you! What have I told you about watching your language?" she scolds. "Do you remember what happened last time I caught you cussing? Do you really want to go back through that young lady?" Julie's eyes widen in fear and she throws her arms around my neck and wraps her legs around my torso knocking me to the floor with her on top of me.

"Mama no! Don't let her! Please I'll be good! I'm sorry!" At this point Julie is crying and sweating in a panic. Last time she got in trouble for cursing Hope actually washed her mouth out and it was not pretty. Jay was scared of her for about a week because of how angry she got. I didn't even know that it happened until the next day at breakfast when Hope had to explain why Julie wouldn't speak.

"JJ, baby, calm down. Mom's just warning you of what could happen next time, alright?" I say running my fingers through her still damp hair.

"No, that's what will happen next time." corrects Hope. "Understand me Julie Beth? Your Mama will not be able to protect you."

"Yes ma'am." hiccups Julie laying her head on my shoulder. I slowly rock her back and forth to try to calm her down. She always gets so worked up when she's getting in trouble. Especially if Hope is the one getting on to her. Hope's always been the closest to her and normally she isn't this stern. She's usually the one to baby her the most, but that's not case tonight and I don't think Jules knows quite how to handle it.

"Carli let her go." directs Hope getting up and digging through her backpack. She pulls out a black notebook with Julie's hot pink monogram on the front in vinyl. I feel Jay's grip tighten around me and have to try not to laugh. She has spent plenty of time with that notebook recently. That's the book that she writes lines in. Some of our teammates think we're too harsh with her because we make her write, but it's what works for us and it's not like we're traumatizing her by using it as a punishment. "I want you to write both Alex and Kelley an apology that you can give them at breakfast in the morning. When you're done you're going straight to bed." she explains dropping the book and a pen on the small desk we have here.

"Go on Jules." I say removing her arms from my neck. Julie sniffles and wipes her face, but obeys and gets up. Once she sits down and starts writing Hope comes over and puts her arm out to help me up off the floor.

"Thanks Hoppers." I tease.

"What ever princess." she smiles sticking out her tongue. I roll my eyes and walk to my suitcase to get something to wear after I shower. I peak over Julie's shoulder to check on her on my way to the bathroom.

"I love you." I whisper kissing her temple.

"Love you too." she says with a soft smile and a sniffle. I kiss her head one more time before going in the bathroom and closing the door.

Hope's POV

I pick back up my book to read while Carls showers and JJ writes. I don't know what's gotten into her lately. She knows better than to do what she did today. Carli's right about her needing sleep too, all those tears tonight are what happens when she's exhausted. When JJ's tired she shows it sort of like a little kid does and it can be traumatic.

"Mom?" Julie's voice pulls me from my story.

"Yes?"

"I'm done." I put my book back on the nightstand and walk over to her. I scan over the two notes before nodding in approval.

"Good job baby girl." I praise and kiss her forehead. "I'll keep them in here till tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay." she agrees still kind of afraid.

"J-bug come here. Let's cuddle until Mama gets done. I think she wants to be the one to put you to bed tonight." I take her hand and lead her to my bed. I pull back the covers and get in as well as hold them up for her as she crawls in after me. "You know Mama and I love you very much right?" I ask while holding her.

"Mhm." she nods closing her eyes tiredly.

"That's why we have to get on to you JJ, because we love you so much we want you to be the best person you can ever be, alright? We don't do it to be mean or scare you. We do it because we care about you." I explain softly knowing she's almost asleep. "Oh and Mommy's sorry for scaring you baby. I didn't mean to do that. I was just upset because you know how I feel about you talking like that and about being mean to people. You know better."

"I know. I'm sorry." she says sitting up some to look at me.

"It's alright. I still love you I guess." I joke kissing her nose. She smiles and gives me a quick peck on my cheek before laying back down. Soon enough I feel her go limp against me saying she fell asleep. I may have to take her to bed. I'm not sure if Carli can carry her all the way to the other end of the hall where her and Moe's room is. Like on cue Carli emerges from the bathroom in sweatpants and a Seattle Reign FC shirt that she stole from me.

"Is she-?" I cut her off by nodding.

"Do I need to take her down there or can you?"

"I think I can handle it." says Carli coming to pick her up. I look at her suspiciously.

"Are you sure? I can take her. I mean I don't want you to drop her." Carli glares at me.

"I got her Hope. Will you open the door please?" she asks while swooping up JJ. I hear her grunt so I turn back to her ready to take her but she shoos me away, "I. Got. Her. Let me do it please."

"Carli I don't know if-"

Julie waking up cuts me off, "Mama? What's going on?"

"I'm taking you to bed. Go back to sleep." says Carli.

"No." groans Julie still half asleep."Let Mom carry me. She's stronger." I can't help but laugh. I reach out and cradle her in my arms.

"C'mon baby girl. Mom will take you." I say and smirk at Carli as I leave our room. "Say goodnight to Mama"

"Night Mama." sleepily mumbles Jules snuggling into my shoulder.

"Goodnight Jay. I love you." calls Carli with a hint of annoyance in her voice. I roll my eyes and reach into Julie's hoodie's pocket to get her room key. I open the door to their dark room and kick the door stand down before taking Julie to her bed and laying her down under her blankets.

"Goodnight J-bug. I love you sweetheart." I whisper kissing her head. Before I leave I make sure she's all tucked in and that her phone is plugged up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1K 25
Former USWNT players, Kelley O'Hara and Hope Solo have been married for a few years now. Kelley learns that Hope has cheated on her while she is expe...
591K 14.2K 71
Meet Cody, an average teenager, dealing with a rough home life and the school bully, who just so happens to be her Captain on the high school soccer...
373K 11.9K 85
Keegan has been through way too much in her 30 years of life. She's been through a war, moving from a war torn country to America, playing football i...
35.6K 720 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...