Stumbling into A Vampire (Com...

By WritingMyPassion

I, Shannon Maylon, had THE picture perfect life. I was popular, captain of the dance team, dating the quarter... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 7

9K 205 12
By WritingMyPassion

Shannon

I was suddenly aware. My senses were dull, but I wasn’t completely out.

I started getting the feeling back in my legs, but they were ice cold. They hurt really bad! It was like a million little prickers all over my legs. 10 times worse than your legs falling asleep. Feeling gave one hit away . . . I was somewhere freezing cold.

After feeling came back around it was smell, but there wasn’t much to decipher from that. When I took in a shallow breath from my nose I just smelt winter . . . ice, cold. Still not much more than I already knew.

Next was sound. I heard the wind blowing . . . off in a distance there was cars, but it sounded so far away I decided I was somewhere near a road, but not in site of a road.

Last my eyes tried to flutter open. There was something in the way. When I got my eyes open I saw white. Just white . . . everywhere. Then I looked up. I saw a dark sky, with little white dots falling. It was snowing. I looked around more. I was in the school parking lot . . . laying next to my car. I was so confused, shouldn’t I be home? Making dinner . . . what is going on.

Then I tried to turn my neck and I felt the sharp pain and the day’s events flooded back to me. And  a shocking fact came to my slightly numb mind:

  I’m alive? How is that even possible? I cannot be alive after that! I just can’t live through be bit by a vampire . . . right? Unless he feed me his blood . . . wait does vampire blood heal like in Vampire Diaries? I didn’t even know! I still had so many questions for Damon!

I tried to move, but I was so numb, so sore, so . . . frozen it was hard. After a few failed attempts I was able to roll on to my knees and open my car door. I crawled into the driver’s seat and closed the door. Just being out of the wind felt better for my skin. When I was a little more defrosted I found my keys in my cup holder and started the car blast the heat as quick as I could.

As I sat there trying to warm up to the point where I could function anything near normal I burst into tears. I was cold, tired , hungry and scared and I just really needed to cry. And I did. Boy, did I cry!

Then when I finally reduced myself to sniffles and all my joints were properly functional I put my car into drive and drove out of the parking lot and home.

When I got home I grabbed my bags and trudged inside, up to my room where I stripped out of my damp cold work-out clothes and got into the shower. The water was the hottest I had ever had it before and I refused to leave it until I could actually feel that heat. When my skin started to heat up I washed myself down and then sat in the bottom of the shower letting the water soak me.

I stayed in until I felt the water starting to cool down. Then I got up shut the water off and dried off. I wrapped my hair in a towel and walked out into my room feeling a little more like myself, but the pain in my neck was still throbbing. I wiped the mirror so I could look at my neck.

It was two clean dots. I watched my eyes widen in shock. It was so painful when he bit me . . . how could it possibly . . .

I stared at it longer, amazed. That’s when I noticed the slight discoloration around it. A bruise. The reason for the throbbing, obviously. I sighed giving up on my one person staring contest and walked into my room. I got dress in baggy sweatpants, a tank top and a sip-up sweater. I left my wet hair up in the towel to keep it away from my skin.

I sighed and looked at my clock.

“Nine o’clock!” I thought I was going to shout, but my voice was scratchy and it hurt my throat to talk.

Okay, I’ll just make some tea and then get to making dinner. Mom and Dad won’t be home for another half hour or so.

I went down stairs and made my tea taking a sip every now and then as I started dinner. I decided pasta with sauce would be the easiest.

I got a pot with water and set it on the stove to start a boil. Then I went into the fridge and found the sauce. I poured it into a sauce pan and set it on the stove turning on the burner to let the sauce warm up.

When the water was boiling I put the spaghetti in and then sat in one of the stools and tucked my knees into my chest. Tears started streaming down my face.

“Shannon, what the hell? I was here at six! You said you would be home by six! I couldn’t find you anywhere,” Damon was suddenly in my kitchen. He glared at me.

HE was angry? What gives HIM the right to be angry at ME?! I should be angry at HIM!

I stood up and glared at him, “You don’t have a right to ask me where I was! I have been through hell tonight and I don’t need get yelled at about where I was! Especially by you!” I shouted my voice coming back to me, “Vampires? Yeah, not as great as I thought they were! Getting bit is not as sexy as Damon makes it look!” My throat started to throb and I gave in, but my eyes began to tear up again.

“What are you talking about?” Damon said shocked.

“Oh, the pasta,” I sniffled wiping my tears away and going to stir the pasta a little bit.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Damon repeated, “What do you mean ‘bit’? What happened today?” He demanded.

“Your stupid friend Padrick is what happened to me today!” I turned and shouted at him.

“What?” He growled.

I stomped up to him and pulled my sweater out of the way to show him my neck. I did it just a little to roughly and I flinched away from my own hand.

“Shannon,” He gasped, “I’m so sorry,” His wide shocked eyes turned to a glare, “I’ll kill him. You had nothing to do with this.”

He slammed his fist into my granite counter top and little chips fell off the edge,

“Well, it’s too late,” I glared turning back to my pasta, “He got what he wanted and he probably left. And you know what? I don’t care! I am glad he is gone,” I sighed stirring the pasta.

“Shannon, really,” He sighed, “I never meant for anything like this to happen.”

“Yeah, well it did. I have known you for three days and I got attacked by two vampires in that time. Three if you count you throwing me against the building in the alley,” I snapped.

“Really? I didn’t throw you I bumped you . . . you were in the way,” He sighed.

I turned in time to see him roll his eyes, “Like I saw you coming,” I rolled my eyes also.

When the pasta was finished I looked around for the oven mitts. Oven mitts. Oven mitts.  I looked around the kitchen.

“Just hold the strainer over the sink,” Damon was at my side.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Just . . . do it,” He sighed.

“Fine,” I sighed and held the strainer over the sink as he told.

He grabbed the boiling pot with his bare hands.

I dropped the strainer and ran over to him.

“Put that down!” I demanded.

He turned and put it back down, “What?” he said shocked.

“What are you doing?” I nearly shouted.

“I was trying to help . . .”

I grabbed his hands and flipped them over to inspect them.

Nothing, nada, not a mark was on his hands.

“What the hell?” I gasped.

“Heat doesn’t affect me,” He said as if it was obvious.

“Oh, yeah . . .of course,” I sighed dazed.

“You okay?” He eyed me seriously.

“I am a little frazzled,” I said honestly.

“You should be,” He sighed.

“Yeah, I guess,” I moved back to the sink and the strainer.

We drained the pasta and the put it back into the pot. I pulled out three bowls and filled them with pasta, topped it with sauce and Damon helped me carry them into the dining room. I then warmed up corn and laid out bread and butter. Just as I finished setting the table I heard the front door open.

“Go into my room,” I whispered to Damon.

“Nice hair do,” He raised an eyebrow at me.

I un-tied my hair and pushed the towel into my chest, “Go,” I laughed.

He smirked grabbed the towel and disappeared. Next my parents walked into the dining.

“Hey, sweetheart,” My father walked up and kissed my forehead.

“Hi,” I smiled.

“How was your day?” My mom asked as we sat down at the table.

“It was . . . ordinary,” I shrugged twirling my fork in my pasta, “How was yours?” I asked know that if I did they would start talking to each other about work.

And they did.

I sat quietly not listening, but dazing off. I ate slowly mostly just waiting for my parents to finish. Finally they stood from the table and took their bowls to the sink.

“Good night, darling,” My mother poked her head into the dining room.

“Night,” I called back as she stepped away.

I cleaned up the table and put the food away. I finished the dishes and then moved to the stairs. When I reached the top of the stairs I could hear my father’s snoring drift down the hall. I turned to my double, French sliding doors and pushed them aside, stepping into my room. I turned back around and closed the doors locking them.

Then there was an arm around my waist and a hand covering my mouth. I jumped and squealed, but it was muffled. I turned quickly to see who it was and relaxed when I saw Scott. 

He removed his hand from my face, “Scott, what are you doing here?” I giggled.

“We haven’t had much alone time lately,” He smirked and kissed my neck.

“Oh really?” I wrapped my arms around him.

He moved to the other side of my neck and I sucked in air through my teeth in pain. Shocked he looked up and met my eyes and then he flipped on the light and looked at me neck.

“Shannon, what happened?” He asked, worry deep in his voice.

“It is from falling down the stairs the other day,” I sighed holding up my still wrapped hand.

“That’s bad,” He said, “Have you iced it?”

I reached and flipped the lights off so only the moon was shining in for light, “It’s fine, Scott. It will go away.” I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him.

He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up wrapping my legs around his waist. I unzipped my hoody and dropping it to the floor. He moved to my bed laying my back on the bed so he was on top of me.

Then I suddenly thought of Damon. That was more important than this. Scott and I had been sleeping together for the past year. Since Quincy, really, and I am sure Scott did not plan on stopping anytime soon. This could wait. I didn’t know when Damon would decide to erase my memory. I wanted to get as much in as I could. Vampires were my dream. I have wanted this my entire life.

“Scott,” I broke the kiss, “Not tonight.” I sighed, “I have homework, and I’m tired.”

He stood up, “You’ve been acting differently lately,” He sighed as I sat up.

“What do you mean?” I looked up at him confused.

“I just feel like you’ve been distracted. Ever since the party. Tracie agrees with me,” He crossed his arms, serious.

“I have been going through some . . . stuff lately,” I sighed looking away from him, “It’s nothing to worry about. I have it all under control.”

“Like that,” He gestured towards me, “You refuse to tell me anything. And suddenly you have a new injury every other day . . .”

“I told you . . .”

“It’s from the stairs. Yeah, that wasn’t there yesterday, Shannon. You’ve never straight out lied to me before like that,” He shook his head. “Why don’t you just talk to me?”

“I . . .” I wanted to tell him everything, but he would think I was crazy, “can’t.” I finally resolved.

“Can’t or won’t?” He pushed.

“Scott,” I slightly shook my head.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought,” He growled walking towards my window.

“Scott,” I complained getting up and following him.

“You know what? I tried.” He said angry, “I tried to be understanding, but it’s hard when you keep my sitting on the sidelines. If you need time, well, that sucks, but I’ll understand and if you don’t, great! Just talk to me,” He begged.

“Scott, I’m just . . . confused, right now,” I sighed not wanting to upset him. Scott and I didn’t really get in fights. It just doesn’t happen. This was so wrong.

“Great.” He said hiding all of his emotion, “Call me when you are ready to have a really conversation again. See ya, Shannon,” I sighed and turned and climbed out my window and to the tree that was near there.

“Scott, no,” I hurried to my window, but he was already down the tree and stalking off towards his car down the street. I could see his silhouette against the white of the snow.

Did Scott and I just break up? No . . . but he said something about a break . . . what was he talking about? He wasn’t serious, was he? He couldn’t be.

I sighed and closed my window and then crawled back into my bed.

I’ve always wondered what it would be like. And now I know it is all it is cracked up to be. This is what happens when a vampire stumbles into your life . . .

___________________________________________________________

Oh the troubles of sweet Teen Love! I don't know why I keep updating so damn late all the time, but I guess that I am just writing all day and then I am finally able to update in the late hours of the night. I am starting to become a hermit because I am either writing or doing my summer homework. Which is more important, Katherine? Oh yeah, right . . . my homework . . . I guess? Anyway you uys probably really don't care about that so . . . yeah I will stop babble-typing!

This updates song is Brick by Boring Brick by one of my personal favorite bands Paramore! It's an awesome song so check it out! As my friend metioned in a comment on the last chapter 1901 by Phoenix plays in a episode were Stephan is drunk becuase it had gone phsyco with the human blood. This song is from a later part of that same episode, but it is much cooler because Damon snapps Uncle Jon's neck and then steals his drink! Gotta love that sexy beast! Enjoy!

Comment&Vote&Fan

Thank for reading! ;D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 425 29
Book 4 This book takes place in season 5 and I also have a little surprise for you all. Your either gonna hate it or like it maybe even love it but i...
2.3K 69 26
Should I go up to them? Will they accept me? Will they remember me? "N-Nellie?" Well shit.... ============== =============== I DO NOT OWN VAMPIRE DI...
217K 4.1K 52
(Editing) As much as she'd love to have humanity in her she doesn't; she never did. As infuriating as it is, she has learned to cope with this and...
275K 5.6K 52
When Elena's Twin enters the picture, Mystic Falls has a different take on our adventure. Eliza is strong, caring, sarcastic and loving, the rock in...