Royal Academy

By Summer_X_Girl

Today is the first day of Princess Helena College! I'm so excited! There are so many subjects, activities, an... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note

Chapter 20

1.1K 49 3
By Summer_X_Girl

Lani's POV

I awaken to a loud 'Ping!' And vibration on my nose. I open my eyes and they're covered. I lift the heavy brick off my face, to realize it's my phone. I slide the message, and unlock my phone. I read the text from Aestia, and all the other she sent while I was sleeping.

5:03 Yesterday - "I got my stuff, check your door."

5:37 pm Yesterday - "This Brianna girl sucks! She's so rude."

5:49 pm Yesterday - "Hey, are you there?"

6:59 pm Yesterday - "You alright? Are you asleep? You never fall asleep this early."

11:02 am Today - "sorry, Brianna took my phone!"

11:35 am Today - "THIS GIRL IS TERRIBLE! I'M OUT OF HERE!"

Just now - "I'm at Forrest's. Grab your stuff, there was an announcement email that swim team for the gemstone princesses start today at 3 pm."

I text back after looking over at the sleeping William on the other side of the bed.

Sent just now, unread - "Okay, I'll go get everything from the door. You better be there on time this year."

Suddenly unread switched to read.

Just now - "weren't you the one who got the 'most tardy' award back in our second year of swim in year 5?"

Sent, read - "..."

Just now - "that's what I thought. See you soon. Meet me in the cafeteria."

I get out of bed, and get dressed into some comfy clothes - black  Sweat pants and a red T-shirt, I pet Lani and Shisa, feed them both, and my fish, and open the door. My stuff is all in a bag. I take the bag, and go through it. Let's see

Clothes? [x]
Diary [x]
Scepter [x]
Water and fish and cat food [x]
Jewelry [x]
Swim supplies [x]
Everything else I own [x]

Everything seems to be there. I set everything in my drawer, and then walk outside. I see my friend Grace outside with his little brother Oli who's also a prince. "Finally! This is where I belong." Grace says, relieved.

"Glad to see you finally found a place you feel like yourself." I say, putting an arm round him.

"Me too. It took long enough.. People just don't understand the meaning of transgender here." Grace says.

"Poor thing. It's alright, though. Maybe if you explained it, they'd let you stay here instead. After all, both schools are for both comfort and education. And being a male or female doesn't say how you rule your kingdom, it's your personality and goals. I just know you'll rule with a kind heart one day. I've got to go, alright? Swim is only in a few hours and we gotta fuel up and warm up!" I say to him.

"Alright." He smiles, and waves goodbye as I jog off, my messenger bag draped on my shoulder, swinging as I jog to the cafeteria. I tap my hair with my scepter, and my hair is brushed and put into my signature bun. I slip the scepter back into my bag with all my swim gear, and I go into the cafeteria. I see Aestia, waiting there with an apple.

"Hey, you!" She says.

"Hey!" I say, and steal her apple.

"That's mine!" She says.

"I know it is." I chuckle, and give it back. We wait in line for actual meals, and talk about how everything affected us.

"Brianna sucks. I never want to see her face again!"

"I can imagine! It must be terrible. You can always ask to move in with Forrest." I say.

"No.. If I did that, who knows what Brianna would do me for revenge. I just have to try to be her friend somehow. Teach her how to be less.. Pushy." Aestia says. "Anyway, what do you think happened?"

"I don't know.. All I remember is a nightmare, waking up in Will's arms, and suddenly fire alarm."

"I was with Forrest on our walk.. Then I heard sirens and saw smoke.. You and Iris were really brave going in to save those creatures like that.."

"I couldn't have just let them die! But that tank was bulletproof. There's no way the falling pieces of the building could've shattered it. And the worst fire would do is melt it. But.. Something happened. I don't know what, but we should find out."

"It wasn't magic proof." Aestia says.

"A scepter! That's it!" I say. It's our turn to get our food. We get our trays, and some mashed potatoes are slapped on our plates. Next we get pears and some chicken. We sit down with some water, and gulp it all down as we discuss our suspects.

We head to the pool.

We see the barracudas leave the pool, and we meet all the new flying fish girls.

"So.. Girls.. I know these recent events have been scary, but the show must go on! Welcome to your first practice, flying fish! Please go change."  We're not given suits.

"Ma'am, aren't there team suits?" Aestia asks before I can get to it.

"They won't be handed out yet. You'll see why."

We all walk to the changing rooms and slip into our swimsuits and swim caps. I carry my water-bottle and goggles out with me. "Don't forget your scepters!" The lady says. Hm..

I get up to grab my scepter, and I sit back down at the edge of the pool with the other girls, sipping my water, and dipping my legs into the pool.  "Now girls, take your scepter and imagine your favourite colours. Tap your legs." I follow instructions, and suddenly I can't feel my legs. I open my eyes and scream.

"Where is my swimsuit?! And my legs?!" I shout. The other girls start to panic when they realize something's happened.

"Girls, girls, shhhh... These are your tails. You're our mermaid group!" She shouts, happily. I try moving my tail, but it won't move. "Don't worry, we'll teach you how to use them."

The other girls looked to each other, surprised. They suddenly start screaming in happiness.

"Okay, girls, get in! And forget swim caps and goggles! Oh wait.. Those of you who forgot to bring two pieces may need your team suits early.." She says. "Girls, show me your tail colours!"

I reach and pick my tail up from the water, as it is numb and limp. I couldn't move it. It's dark purple and black, interesting colour choice. I didn't think of my favourites, just something random. She gives me a shell top for practice, and a cloth top with the Flying Fish logo on the front for meets. It was two mermaid tails merged into one with one set of fins at each end. The bottom one was like mine, black and dark purple. The top one was like Aestia's, light green and turquoise, with black in the middle. Seaweed was in the back, and two fancy F's were on each side for 'flying fish'.

"Okay, put one of these on, and get in." She says, and we all put our select tops on. I slide into the water, and I think of moving. Suddenly, my tail splashes everywhere, and I can feel it.

"Woaahh!!" I say, as I'm dunked underwater. The chlorine gets into my eyes, and they soon become red.  Aestia lifts me out of the water, swiftly.

"I see you found out how to move your tail. " the lady says, surprised. "Girls, as you already know, these are not like your legs where you control them by muscle movements. Not yet, at least. Now that miss Noelani has moved it, I'm sure she can help you. She can also feel her tail and use it, I'm pretty sure."

I feel all eyes go to me, and I dunk myself back under. Suddenly the girls swim over, circling me, their fins brushing the floor. "How did you do it?!"

"It's impossible to swim with these things!"

"They're so heavy..."

"...and slimey.."

"You just.. Think of what you want them to do.. Then they're usually ready to move." I say.

The girls try and some start getting moving, others get dunked under like I did. Soon enough we can swim 200's in less than a minute.

We all finish practice, and leave. We get our legs, and walk back to our dorms. Brianna, sees us, she walks up to us. "THAT'S WHERE YOU'VE BEEN!" She shouts at Aestia. "I've been looking for you. ALL DAY! You need to exercise and eat healthy foods! And do my laundry!" She shouts.

"Leave her alone!" I shout back.

"Excuse me?"

"You shouldn't be allowed to tell her how to live her life and make her do YOUR laundry!" I say.

"She lives in my dorm now, and MY DORM, MEANS MY RULES!"

I step up, and slap her with a straight face. I turn around, and Aestia does too.

"What did you do that for?! Now she's gonna get me!" Aestia says.

"No, now she's going to be after ME." I smirk.

"She won't approve of our friendship!"

"So what? Who says she has to approve?" I say.

"She does. She'll make me move out if we're still friends by a certain point.. I- I just know it!" She says

"We're twins, Aestia. Relax. You have Forrest to go to."

"Forrest already has a roommate, it'd be too crowded!"

"Shhhhh... Calm down, Aestia."

"I- okay.. Let's just see how this goes.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 13.3K 64
SOFIA My life was always supposed to be described in one word. Perfect. I am the perfect princess from the perfect kingdom. My parents allowed me to...
2.8K 72 20
Elluria was a princess, beautiful and perfect. She got everything she wanted, and no one needed of her to do anything. She just had to look pretty an...
81 0 17
Being a royal doesn't mean you're perfect. Being a royal doesn't mean you're dumb. We're just like any other people, only we just do more talks and w...
26.4K 822 33
Adaline Williams is the most popular girl of Elite School. She is smart, hot, humorous. Basically everything a guy would want in his perfect girl. A...