Nocturnal Nights ( Harry Pott...

By IconiclySuffering

Thisbe Robinson only wanted something normal to happen to her life for once . This is proven difficult when h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 13

908 40 5
By IconiclySuffering

Over the summer break, I had absolutely nothing to do. Unlike at Hogwarts, I didn't have any  friends. It's quite ridiculous too, seeing that I live in a very bustling and packed street where plenty of kids play everyday. I guess, growing up knowing I was different than normal people, set me off a bit. I was always scared that something random would happen around others, that normally happened alone.

Time to time, even though they were very rare, I would have these random bursts of magic when I was young. Like when I was eight, while eating dinner out of nowhere my plate had transformed into a large nasty toad. It hopped around the whole house with my spaghetti on its head before we had finally caught it. I had developed a large fear of frogs and eating pasta, after the accident. 

Besides that, with all the extra time in my hands, I quickly finished all of my homework for the break. My dad had made an attempt of trying to understand the concepts of all the new magic I was learning, but I could tell that he really had no clue of what anything was in the end. He couldn't even wrap his head around the simple fact of moving pictures and talking paintings.

Just to add to the fact of my lonely life, did I mention that my dad had a job as well. The bills couldn't pay them self could they. He was currently an office manager at the company Bill Tac & Co. This meant he worked about 10 hours every day, except on Fridays and Saturdays. So for hours on end, I'm given the whole house to roam around alone because father's to afraid to hire a baby sitter. I didn't mind much, I was always accompanied by the music of The Beatles and the The Sound of Music playing in the background on the record player anyways.

I took a lot of this time, reading some of the books Aunt McGonagall sends me about Magical Beasts and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Surely just random ones she had wasting away in the cottage.

Before I knew it, a month and a half had already passed and there was only a week or two before I went back to school. I knew because, one, I had a large calendar in my room marking the days down, and two, because one morning, Esther gracefully greeted me with my list of supplies by flying straight into the glass window in the kitchen. It had given dad a fright and I couldn't stop laughing. That same afternoon, Minerva had apparated to our front door step and greeted me with a warm smile.

" Minerva," My dad greeted as I lead her into the lounge room. He had stood up and folded the newspaper he had in his hand, briskly walking over to her. " It's been a while, I must say." He told her while shaking her hand.

" I believe so, and I'm sorry for that Parker. " She apologized shortly, nodding her head. It was a tad awkward and I didn't want to drag this out much longer.

" We're heading to Diagon Alley today right?" I asked with eagerness flooding my voice.

" Yes, of course," She turned down to look at me," Then we might stop somewhere else if that's ok with you." She confirmed, looking back up to meet father's eyes. He was hesitant at first but agreed anyways. That brought a large smile on my face as I took hold of her arm to edge her along. " Well, we must be on our way." She started, brushing off her robes and placing a hand on my arm.

Suddenly, I felt a large tugging pull in my stomach and I couldn't catch my breath as I felt like I was being stretched through a pipe. I tumbled a bit as we landed and it took a few seconds for me to collect my self. I wasn't completely used to apparating yet, but I was getting better with handling it. We had appeared in The Leaky Cauldron, startling a man at the table, causing him to cast a glare in our direction.   Before I could shoot him a sympathetic look, I was tugged along by my aunt.  Not long after were we already going through shop by shop, picking up books and ingredients at a very fast pace. " Aunt Minerva, why are we rushing." I had to ask, slightly out of breath.

We were making our way to the robe shop, because I had unfortunately grown out of my old ones. Actually, I was quite pleased to say the least when I had grown a whole three inches. I was tired of being the short one of the group and I was already catching up on Victoria. Hooray , I like being tall.

McGonagall hardly paused as she pushed her way through the crowded streets. " We willl get your shopping done, and then I will have a surprise for you. But In order to do it today, we must hurry." She huffed, halting in front of Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Pushing me in, she had told me to meet her in Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment when I was done. I knew she was in a rush, but really, what was this all for?

" Welcome dear, I'm guessing you need some new robes for school?" An aging woman greeted me with a thin smile on her face. I looked around at the small shop that had cloths and sewing needles zooming around in the air before landing my eyes on her.

" Uh," I cleared my throat and straightened my glasses before nodding, " Yes ma'am." I told her shortly. She grinned and told me to step upon one of the small platforms. Just like it had the year before, out of the woman's pocket a measuring tape flew out and started to eagerly measure my size. As I waited, out of no where the door slipped open with a chime. Looking up at who was there, I was quite shocked to see the one and only Lily Evans. With her long bright red hair and her large green doe eyes she looked up to Madame Malkin with a smile.

I didn't talk to Lily much except for when we entered Hogwarts and sometimes during Transfiguration and Potion classes, but I like to think it's mutual. As she was guided to the stand next to me, she just then spotted me with wide eyes. " It's Robinson. Right?" She asked.

" You can just call me Thisbe." I told her, with a smirk. She nodded and spread her arm out as another tape started to zoom around her body. " So, are you ready for second year." I tried small talk, inwardly cringing at how stupid that was. Of course she's ready, you idiot.

" Oh, of course, but I certainly can't wait till third. We get to go to Hogsmeade and I've been told of a shop there called Honeydukes that sells some of the best sweets." She mused,as if talking to a long time friend. I guess she's just one of those really sociables.

" I'm excited that we get to pick our elective classes for third year. I plan to take Divination and Care of Magical Creatures. " I told her, as my measure wrapped around my waist.

Lily scrunched up her nose at the mention of Divination," I've been told that Divination is just some old phony class. It holds no true purpose and the teacher is always crazy." She mentioned, looking over.

" Maybe, but I like to try new things." I stated quietly watching as the tape finished up. I found it had similar characteristics to a pet as It nuzzled its self back into her pocket after getting it's praise.

Before Lily could respond, she was cut of by the wrinkly lady, helping me off the stool. " You'll need to tell me your address so your robes can be delivered. They'll arrive on the 28th and remember to take one out on the train to change into." She reminded me, pushing a clip board and quill into my hands. I sketched down my house number and, handed them back to her before turning to leave.

" Nice meeting you Lily," I told the red head before walking out the door. I sighed as I knew I would have to find my way towards the Wizarding Equipment shop, which would be simple if it wasn't for the numerous amounts of wizards shuffling through the small street. I braced my self, joining into the large crowd and I tried not to get my foot stomped on but to my dismay it was hit three times.

When I finally made it, I was happy to see McGonagall there with my cauldron full of books and supplies. She brightened when she saw me and made her way over. " There you are, I was starting to get worried," She told me, placing a hand on my arm. " Now, I'll drop your school things back at your house quickly and we'll be on our way." And without a second thought, she pulled away and popped out of the store.

It took only seconds before she arived back again, and took hold of my arm asking if I'm ready. " Where are we going?" I questioned, wanting to stall from feeling the affects of apparation.

" That's a surprise for you to see." Was all she said before we left. I started to regret ever eating those pancakes for breakfast when my stomach felt like it was doing flips. When I stabled my self on the ground again, I took large breaths whilst looking around in my surroundings. Everywhere I looked, people were rushing back and forth, and it managed to be even more crowed than Diagon Alley. On both sides of the large and tall black crystal walls were hundreds of fireplaces that were constantly lighting up with a bright green flames. People were appearing each time and It was something I've never seen before. We were at the Ministry of Magic, weren't we.

" Woah." Was all I could get out.

We were pushed against the flow of the people and without another word she had started to pull me through. After quite a walk, we reached a large opening and I gapped at the huge room. Offices lined the wall and they continuously pilled upwards, and in the middle a large gold statue sat. It was of four creatures, two which were a goblin and a house-elf, a one armed centaur, and the other was of an elegant witch.

While I was being dragged along by my aunt, I couldn't help but wonder why I was brought here. We had made it to one of the side elevators and I was packed in with my back against Minerva. Above us, small little paper airplanes flew in and parked themselves in the small space, along with some other wizards. The door shut close and soon enough we were going up a few levels, and then back down again. Each time picking up people and releasing them. It was five stops later that I was directed to exit the small space. I was quite thankful for that because I don't really fancy small places.

It was only a small walk through a normal sized corridor before we stopped at a small office with a gold plaque.

" Department of Human Transformations"

" Human Transformations? You're not telling me..." I trailed off, looking towards McGonagall with a large smile.

She had a cheeky grin on her face and looked down to meet my eyes," Before we start any training we must get your paperwork filled out. I had already had received the support from Albus Dumbledore to confirm that you are reliable for Animagus training , and the Ministry would never deny his word."  She told me.

I let my mouth drop as I learned that the Albus Dumbledore had supported me, and deemed me capable enough to become an Animagus. I suddenly felt very honored that such a wise man had payed any attention to just another student.

Aunt Minerva had not even knocked on the door before pushing it open. The place was slightly empty except for the five or so people waiting and the lady at the desk. McGonagall had walked me up to desk and caught the attention of the young lady as I looked around at the people.

There was one man staring at me and what shocked me was his bright yellow eyes that stared back. They don't really scare me, but it's something you don't always see everyday. I've been told that with my almost white eyes, plenty of times. On the other side of the waiting room was a woman with a large round fish bowl around her head that was filled with water. Well , can't say I've seen that before.

" May I help you." The woman asked, hardly even looking up.

" I have an appointment here for an Animagus conformation." My aunt deadpanned with her normal strict tone. The young lady looked up and met her eyes, then she glanced to me. It seemed she was surprised to hear of an Animagus, and I wouldn't blame her seeing as there's only ten registered in the UK.

" Oh yes, of course. Mr. Turmant is waiting down the hall, room 504. " She informed us before returning to her work. We made our way down the hall with out hesitation. It was a red mahogany door that we stopped in front of with the said number and wizards name.

This time, the green robed woman did stop to knock this time, causing a loud rough voice to call out. " Come in!"

The door flew open on it's own and we walked in. Sitting at a large desk in the small room was a large burly man staring us down with his circular wire glasses. He had a brown mustache that lead into a long bushy beard. He cleared his throat, standing up and greeting us with a hand shake. " You must be Thisbe Robinson?" He asked, as he shook my hand.

" Yes sir," I confirmed in a polite voice.

" Wonderful, now shall we get started?" He chuckled, sitting back down and picking up his wand. Giving it a flick, from across the room a large book and a folder flew over, landing on his desk. He pulled the folder open and scanned through it before pulling out numerous sheets of paper. " To be officially granted the status of a registered Animagus in training you must sign agreements by the Ministry. " He informed me, pushing the stack of papers towards me, and laid a quill on top.

I looked at it all concluding that it was at least fifty papers. I glanced up to my aunt with an incredulous look and she just shrugged. I didn't think it would be this much paper work but I won't let it stop me. It's my dream to become an Animagus . I can just imagine feeling like a free wild animal, big or small, and just being a whole new me.

" Where's the ink sir?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 855 23
Luna Lupin came from a tumultous childhood filled with secrecy and a family haunted by the stigmatised illness of lycanthropy, thrown into a society...
165K 3.8K 38
Another Day. Wouldn't you love just one more day with the love you your life? Wouldn't you like one last chance at humanity? Well Eliza does. This is...
14.3K 424 54
Kacie Elektra Black, the twin of Sirius Black, was part of the Marauders. Part of the group of Gryffindor's that was the closest groups of friends yo...
6.6K 373 22
After falling in love with Sirius Black once, Remus doesn't think he can do it again. The Marauders (plus Lily, of course) all moved in together afte...