Cinderella's Shoe (COMPLETED)

By KatTaySummers

"Why?" She interrogated once they entered the room together, apprehensive about what she was inquiring and pe... More

Important Teaser Quotes From The Book
Summary and Info
Acknowledgements
Introduction
Wolfie's Guide To Supernatural Creatures
Excerpt 1
Excerpt 2
Quote/Poem
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN: HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue: We Keep This Love In A Photograph
Cast and Credits
The Author's Note On Writing Cinderella's Shoe
where ive been

Chapter 6

2.3K 108 31
By KatTaySummers

Chapter 6
Ariel.

Weeks had flown ever since the day my stepmother had given me a small slither of hope of going to The Alpha's Ball (the most prestigious werewolf party ever in case you've forgotten), and ever since then, I had been as good as I could. I had very few detentions at school and did everything I was asked of correctly and without hesitation. I was on my best behaviour. And only because I wanted to go so my friends wouldn't brag about it to my face.

My excitement had grown as the time until the ball became shorter and shorter. But it wasn't just the ball I was excited about- the same day was also my birthday. You would think that I would hate my life and that I despise celebrating the day I was brought into this world- well, you guessed wrong. I actually love my birthday, and the fact that I was turning sixteen this year was an added bonus to the event.

I can't wait for it!

There are a few reasons why I'm looking forward to my birthday.

One: My friends treat me amazingly on my birthday like I'm some sort of Queen or something amazing and higher up than I am. They always make it a great day for me.

Two: I turn sixteen- meaning that there's a small chance that I could get away from my cruel, horrible servant life.

And three: I can finally sense my mate (if it turns out that I actually have one) better than I ever have before.

As you grow older after gaining your wolf and the ability to shift if you haven't found your mate yet, your abilities to sense them grow stronger. If you get to a certain point in your life when you haven't found your mate, you have the right to seek out the assistance of somebody who will track your mate down for you. For Alphas, Betas and Omegas, the age before you can ask for help is 18, but most go close to their sixteenth birthday so they can figure out the whereabouts of their love, as they have responsibilities to their packs and need their mates by their sides.

The Alpha's Ball will be extra special for me this year. It only happens in this town every seventy years, so the chances of me finding my mate (I still don't know if I have one or not) are quite high. I hope I do, I want to escape the dreaded household as fast as I can. I can't bear to stay there for any longer. If it turns out that there is no soul out there matched to mine, I will break inside and die from the pain- the pain is like that which occurs when one soul is rejected by another.

My friends were ecstatic about me being able to go. I told them, and they were so happy that I could go. They said we would have the best time of our lives. It was until they mentioned that we would all go at the same time, where I had to break the news.

My stepmother had personally told me that if I was to go, I would make sure all of my chores were done. And even if I did do that, I was forbidden to get a ride with them. I was told to either walk, ride one of the horses, or receive a lift from one of my friends.

On top of that, I had to make sure that the town council got as much help as they needed, so I had to volunteer for that to make the family look good. Marriages and matings and such. How ridiculous is that? Arranged marriages suck! Why would they bother doing such things to innocent creatures with mates out there that need them- beings like me.

Doing this would result in a small number of punishments from Freya for me. It didn't mean they'd stopped altogether, it just meant that they would

And it wasn't just Freya's behaviour towards me that had changed too.

The weather had significantly gotten colder, the wind grew bitter, and frost grew on the grass in the early morning. Winter was upon us. Soon, the snow would come down in frozen waterfalls of fluff, and that would add to my chores. Ploughing out the snow so that we could all get out safely without it falling on top of us. No matter how hilarious it would be, I couldn't take any chances. Not just yet anyway. Perhaps after the event, I would attempt to freeze Freya, sort of like Han Solo being put into the carbonite thing.

What are my other chores, you wonder? Well, here they are:

Every day I have to do the laundry, all of the cooking, I have to clean up a little around the house, feeding the animals, the ironing, washing and drying all the dishes by hand (my stepmother refused to buy a dishwasher, claiming that it cost too much money which we all know is complete bullshit), running out to buy some fresh produce for the next few days, planning meals and such, and preparing any food for the next day. Sometimes, I'm forced to help the twins with their homework, often resulting in me ending up doing it for them. If it comes to that, then my stepmother ensures that they get perfect grades. Meaning the highest levels they can get on it. For every answer they get wrong, equals a slap, punch, stab with the silver blades or a kick for me- occasionally it just ends up being all four.

It isn't simple, but it's life I guess. I just have to deal with it. After all, I am the Cinderella of the house, really. That's how I'm treated, maybe a little worse than how she is portrayed by Disney and the Brothers Grimm. But I'm Cinderella, I just have no Prince Charming to save me. Maybe I'll find him soon, if I do have a Fairy Godmother and if by any chance at all, by some fucking miracle that I get to show up to the Ball and meet him if he is there.

I think my stepmother will give me a chance to prove myself, and when that chance comes, she may try to ruin it as much as she can. Or she may not. She could have been truthful to what she said when she told me that I could go as long as I behaved.

I don't know, but I fear that she is up to something horrible. Something that will result in me not being able to go...

Isaac.

Poor, poor, super sweet Ariel. She had no idea what was coming for her. She had no idea in the slightest.

I didn't really know that much, but I knew some of what was being planned. I just knew some rumours really, nothing concrete. But I think that my villainous stepmother is plotting something. Something... Unnatural. It may destroy the balance of werewolves and other supernatural creatures for forever, that is unless we can figure out what she's doing and put an end to it. Whatever it is, it involves Ariel. A whole lot of Ariel.

It has something to do with Ariel finding her mate. That's probably why she's allowed to go to the Alpha's Ball. It's part of her plan. Possibly. I'm not quite sure yet.

My stepfather is kind to me, he treats me like a real son. He accepts me for who I am, no matter what. Despite the secret that I'm keeping, he still loves me like I'm a real son to him. He understands how I'm feeling at the moment. He knows that no one else out there would accept me in this state. Of course, I can't and don't want to tell anyone, as I fear what their reaction will be to it. It's generally a negative subject, mainly portrayed that way in the media as one of the worst things in the world. Other than Donald Trump, it's probably seen as one of the top ten most negatively portrayed things in the media.

Ariel is such a sweet, strong, sensitive person. She knows what she's doing, and everything she does she does it perfectly without any flaws and with ease. She's graceful, protective of others. She stands up for herself. She has a good sense of humour- despite indulging the darker sides of humour a little too often than she should. If her mate turned out to actually be an Alpha, she would make the perfect, most courageous Luna there ever was. She would be amazing for the job, I know she would if she came out of her shell a little more.

Isabella was right when she left our home. She got away at the perfect point- I think my stepmother was going to use her and her mate for whatever she has planned to do with Ariel once she finds her mate. Luckily, Isabella escaped before the full moon, something that was vital to Freya's plan. And it's not like she would use the twins for this plan of hers. She wants the best for the twins, she treats them like they're her own children for God's sake. It's obvious she wouldn't use them for her plans if she treats them with general affection or the way a mother should treat her children. Maybe it's because they can't remember our real parents and she's been able to corrupt them into her ways all this time. It explains a lot, really.

To be honest, I think the twins are snotty, good for nothing, brats who don't know a thing or two about life. They've never worked a day in their life, so it will come as a shock to them when their mates say that they all have to work. It won't go well for them, but they deserve to be treated cruelly for a change. They need it. Well, they would call it cruel while others call it life, something they have yet to experience the cruelties of. Even Lunas, the position of power almost every female craves, have to work every single day of their life to ensure the pack is kept safe from harm at all costs.

I think that our terrifying beast of a stepmother won't give Ariel any chances. Even if she did, I bet that she would try to mess it up as much as she can. I know our stepmother well, as my stepfather told me a lot of what she used to be like. Apparently, she was once a kind person. Before she was changed by something. Apparently, she wasn't always this bad. I, however, beg to differ. Honestly, I just hope that Ariel survives this test and passes with flying colours so she can find her mate and happiness...

Boop boop boop boop boop boop BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

That's the sound of my heart, as I die from hypothermia.

JK that's an old thing XD Although, it kinda was true the other day

Loving this song right now ;)

Sorry for not updating, but it's a quadruple update to pay for it :D

Ariel: Yeah, cause you were "busy." More like lazy.

Wolfie: Shut up, you peasant. I had an argument with my good friends (which has been resolved now), my ex deleted me off Snapchat and I had a massive argument with him (the bastard is out of my life for good now), this other guy I was interested in deleted me off Snapchat all of a sudden and is now a thing with one of my friends (they're so cute!), and this guy (ironically good friends with that other guy) asked me out. Nearly a month now it's his birthday today too (he's two years older than me XD) so I'm writing in his hoodie with his coat hanging on my door cause the coat doesn't fit him anymore. I could legit write a book about this shit. Maybe I will one day XD

Please wish my baby a happy birthday here (His name's Lew probs shouldn't tell ya that since he don't know bout y'all yet but oh well he won't mind I'm sure):

-Wolfie xxx

Question: What was the last song you listened to?

My Answer: Friday Is Forever by We The Kings (such a true song) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 998 24
* Sutton's breath caught, almost like the room was suffocating her and the most intoxicating amazing smell flooded her nose the room became smaller w...
119K 5.6K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...
Two Worlds By

Werewolf

40.1K 1.4K 35
In a world where the supernatural live separate from the humans, some live with us but they mostly live in their own worlds. The Royals had a devasta...
10.3K 400 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...