Royal Academy

By Summer_X_Girl

Today is the first day of Princess Helena College! I'm so excited! There are so many subjects, activities, an... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note

Chapter 19

1.1K 51 0
By Summer_X_Girl

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:23

It's the morning after the fire. I had to move into Silver Spoon with a girl named Brianna. She woke me up at like, 6. And it's winter break! I don't know how long I have to stay with her, but hopefully not very long, assuming this morning is repeated.

   -Aestia Clearwater

I signed my name and closed my diary, which had appeared in front of the door this morning in a chest along with my books, makeup, jewelry, hygiene stuff, my phone charger(I had my phone in my pocket), and my wallet, which had my Student ID and money. I hid my diary, and somehow they still found it. I guess maybe under my mattress wasn't a good place. Or maybe they just used their scepters.

   "Hey, I'm going out, I might be back around one." I put my diary under my mattress.

   "Wait, have you taken a shower yet?" Brianna walked in, sipping a fruit smoothie. She was in workout clothes.

   "What? No. I took a shower last night, I'm not going to take one this morning."

   Brianna looked at me disapprovingly. "Fine. Did you brush your teeth?"

   "Brianna! I'm not 4! Of course I brushed my teeth, why wouldn't I?"

   "Well, you didn't take a shower, so I didn't know!"

   "I did take a shower! Last night!"

   "Well you didn't work out!"

   "I swim! I don't need to work out!"

   "When was the last time you swam? Huh?"

   I bit my lip. "Tryouts."

   "And when was that? A few months ago?"

   "Only one month ago."

   "So you don't swim?"

   "I WILL swim."

   "When? After winter break?"

   "Listen, I'm 18. I can do whatever the heck I want. So leave me alone, while I go out with my real friends." I left the door and stormed downstairs to the grounds.

   "Someone looks a bit flustered." Forrest met me outside, and I walked over to him.

   "My new roommate is trying to be my mom." I made a pouty face, and he laughed.

   "Wanna go get ice cream? I heard it's awesome."

   "Yeah, totally! It really is amazing!" I said, remembering a time I had gone with Lani. Mmm!

******timeskip******

     I licked my ice cream, which was two scoops of Butter pecan with sprinkles on top. Forrest got two scoops of cookies and cream with hot fudge on top. I have to say, his looked pretty good.

   "Wanna go by the school? See how bad it is?" Forrest put his hand in mine.

   I pecked his cheek. "No. I don't want to ruin today with the sadness."

   "Understandable."

******timeskip******

   "Where did you go then?"

   "Is it any of your business?" I crossed my arms, glaring at Brianna.

   "Yes, it is. I am the boss of this dorm, and from now on, you're going to tell me where you are going. I don't know if you are like, doing drugs or something, but I don't want to get in trouble for something you did."

   "What?! Why would I be doing drugs? I'm 18, for god's sake!"

   "Well I saw you put something under your mattress, and you're lucky I haven't snooped yet!"

   "I put my diary under my mattress! Not. Drugs!"

   "Then who did you go out with, if you aren't doing drugs?"

   "My boyfriend. Are you going to suspect him of drinking now?"

   "Sure. Your boyfriend. Very believable. What did you do for your first date then?"

   "That's none of your business!"

   "Only because he's probably a drug dealer."

   "Fine! We went ice skating, and then we went on a picnic. Happy?"

   "No. Picnic in the snow? That's dumb."

   "That has nothing to do with this conversation at all!" My face was completely red. I can not believe this girl! What is her problem?"

   "Well, either way, it's still a dumb idea."

   "I-"

   "It's seven o'clock. I'm going to bed. I would suggest doing the same."

   She walked to her room, and I sat down on my bed angrily. I reached for my phone on my bedside table, and..it wasn't there?

   "Hey, did you take my phone?" I yelled at Brianna.

   "Yeah, why?"

   I stared in the direction of her voice for a minute, dumbstruck. "Maybe because I want it?"

   "Well you stayed up practically all night on it last night, and then you couldn't wake up in the morning. So I thought if I take it away, you might actually go to sleep."

   "Well can I have it back?"

   "In the morning."

   I was about to go in there and slap some sense into her, but I came up with a different plan instead. I write an angry entry into my diary, stuffed it inside my clothing drawer, and turned off my light. I laid in bed, still fully clothed, until 11:00. It was the boring 4 hours of my life.

   When I looked at the time on the microwave for the millionth time, it finally said 11:00, so I snuck into Brianna's room. I looked around, trying to spot my phone. Ah ha! It's...slightly under her pillow. Wow. She is so paranoid, in case you haven't noticed already. Lucky it slipped out from under the pillow a bit.

   I swiftly grabbed my phone and tiptoed out of her room.

   "Where are you going?" Brianna demanded, and I jumped almost a foot.

   "Out."

   I turned around, and she was standing and the foot of her bed, arms crossed, and wearing Domo pajamas.

   "At," she glanced at the microwave. "At 11:00?"

   "Yes." I said stiffly. I left the room before she could say anything else. I gripped my coat tighter around me while going down the stairs, and then opened the door to step outside, freezing already. I ran all the way to Angelo's School for Princes. I texted Forrest a quick message, saying 'Hey, I'm coming over, I'm sick of my roommate.

Hopefully he's awake.

Running to the dorms, I pulled on the doors. Locked. Dang it. It was worth a try... I texted him again.

'Can you come unlock the dorm doors? Please? It's freezing out here!'

'Come on Forrest. Are you asleep?'

Finally, after about 5 minutes, he texted back.

'Sure, I'll be there in a minute.'

'Thank you so much, Forrest. Ily'

I saw him running down the stairs, and he opened the door for me. By now, I was shivering, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Aestia, you are freezing! What has gotten into you?" He started rubbing my arms, trying to make me warmer.

"Brianna i-is d-dumb. I wanted-d to get aw-way."

"Hey, it's ok. Here's my room."

I jumped on his bed, oblivious to all of his decorations, and immediately got under the covers. I took off my coat, and Forrest got in too. He snuggled me up to him, and I was warmer already. I put my face under his chin, nuzzling him, and he fastened his grip around me. "Goodnight." I murmured, already half asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 380 25
"Um, excuse me, would you care to dance with me on the dance floor?" A low but not threatening voice had entered my head. I turned to my side to see...
81 0 17
Being a royal doesn't mean you're perfect. Being a royal doesn't mean you're dumb. We're just like any other people, only we just do more talks and w...
26.4K 822 33
Adaline Williams is the most popular girl of Elite School. She is smart, hot, humorous. Basically everything a guy would want in his perfect girl. A...
204 6 5
A teen's family moves to Hawaii. She finds out mermen are real and her family has an aquatic history. War threatens it all. Can she change everything?