Royal Pain (Book One)***Compl...

By romolavinia91

Dark, riveting, passionate, love, betrayal, revenge, evil Warning!!!! This is a first draft. If you want the... More

1. The Beginning
2. The New World
3. Tackle Time
4. Date With Darius
5. Ice Cream With a Vampire
6. History Lesson
7. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
8. Innocent Culprits
9. Predator vs. Prey
10. Guilty Mind
11. First Elimination
12. Butterflies and Shock Waves...
13. Never Beg for Mercy
14. An Unwanted Surprise
15. Nothing's Ever Fair
16. To Defy a Vampire
17. Hidden Little Secret
18. Rebels With A Cause
19. Beach Bums
20. Mask of Many Faces
21. Comforting Times
22. Sleepless Night
23. Struggles of the Heart
24. Promiscuous Ways
25. Birthday Wishes
26. Confessions
27. Waking To A Dream
29. Distractions
30. Chosen Queen
THE END
BONUS

28. Broken Dreams

96.7K 2K 388
By romolavinia91

When Deva woke up, she was still in Lucian's arms, and he was watching her with concerned eyes. She smiled to lessen his worry. "I'm better Loosh. I promise and thank you."

He returned a smile. "Any time Deva. I'm here for you, always."

"I don't deserve your care, not after what I put you through." He watched the sadness wash over her beautiful face.

"Deva I never blamed you for anything. So you love my brother more than me. Yes I was hurt, but I understood and respected your choice. I just want to see you happy."

"Like I said, I don't deserve your kindness."

He almost laughed at her stubbornness but instead pulled her into a hug that she welcomed full heartedly. "Silly girl," he whispered into her hair. "I love you, and no matter what you do or who you fall in love with I will never stop loving you or care for you. I'm here for you; therefore, you're stuck with me for a very, very long time baby doll."

She wanted to cry again for his warm words, but thought differently. "I love you too Loosh."

"Good, now go wash up that beautiful face of yours, and we'll go get you something to eat. I can hear your stomach waging a war."

She laughed, and he felt relieved that he could distract her somehow. She got up from bed and stretched out her stiff limbs. "I am a little hungry."

"Then hurry up."

"Ay ay captain." She didn't take long washing up and getting dressed because she honestly didn't care what she looked like.

Down in the kitchen, they found Chef placing full plates on the side table. It looked like her favorite foods and figured he was probably trying to cheer her up after the news.

Chef opened his arms for her, and she hugged him. "I spent extra time on your food so you better enjoy it and eat every bite."

"Do I ever leave a crumb of food on my plate?"

He laughed. "No bella. You never do."

He left her and Lucian to eat alone. They didn't talk much, and Deva was okay with that. She wanted some quiet time to think things through. She wasn't sure what was to come after this because she felt like there was no place for her anymore. Marcus had Julia, and she already told Lucian how she felt about him. Darius could never be hers again; so there was no reason for her to be there.

Just when they were about finished with their plates, one of the butlers walked into the kitchen in search of Lucian.

"My prince, the Queen wishes a word with you and Lady Deva."

"Tell her we'll be there soon."

The butler bowed his head and walked out.

"What do you think she wants to talk about?" Deva was seriously curious.

He put his fork down. "I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it has to do with something about Darius' new situation. It will complicate things."

"Complicate?"

Lucian got up and pulled out Deva's chair for her; so that she may get up also. "He can no longer be king. He has stepped down in order to take care of his mista- I mean responsibility. That only leaves me and Marcus."

Deva took his hand in hers. She wasn't sure why, but she really needed his strength right now to face whatever was to come. They started down the hall towards the sunroom.

"There are three girls left. If Julia is the queen she would choose Marcus, even though I know he doesn't really want to be king."

Lucian nodded. He knew very well how his brother felt about the throne, but also knew that if it came down to it that Marcus would do it reguardless.

"I don't know Evie very well; so I don't know who she would choose, but I promise I'd kill her if she tried to break up Marcus and my best friend."

Lucian chuckled. "I know you would; therefore, you leave her with me." His voice was a bit distant; so she had to look up to see his face.

"Loosh I didn't mean-"

"It's okay baby doll. I know what my duty is." He began to play with her fingers as they reared a corner. "And if it is you who is chosen as queen?"

She swallowed at his question because she always saw herself with Darius. "Loosh...I would..."

He pulled her to a stop and cupped her face so that she could see the sincerity in his eyes. "Deva, I would stand by your side through thick and thin. We would make it work. I promise you."

Just hearing him say those words with such comfort and respect made her feel so safe. She knew she wasn't in this alone. "I trust you Loosh."

He leaned in and gave her an innocent peck on the lips. "Good, now let's get this over with." He held her hand tight while opening the door to the sunroom.

The Queen was standing close to the window with a rather harden expression on her face. Darius was also standing on the far right of the corner leaning against the wall. He immediately raised his gaze towards them and locked eyes with Deva, but she quickly averted her gaze. She was afraid of what she might reveal to him.

Izzy and Marcus were both sitting on the couch with very uncomfortable looks on their faces. Then Deva's eyes rested on the person sitting at the small round table. The red colored hair was too hard to miss, but Deva wasn't sure if it was her or not. The perm-like curls were seriously throwing her off, but once the redhead turned her attention towards them, Deva got her answer.

Red's stupid smirk was just calling for Deva to smack her face.

"Well hello again," Red greeted bowing her head in respect. "My prince."

"Amber," Lucian forced out with dread.

"It's so nice to see you again," Red turned her awful gaze towards Deva. "I can't say the same for you."

There were so many things Deva wanted to do and say to her at this point that were very unlady like, but figured them inappropriate with the Queen in the room. She forced herself to play nice and keep it simple.

"It's amazing how much annoyance can come from such a repulsive looking face."

Red's brows flared up. "Look who's talking."

"Then maybe you should stop because my ears are practically bleeding."

Red stood. "You little wretch."

Deva rolled her eyes. "If I'm a wretch what does that make you, a whore desperate for attention?"

Red's evil smirk was back on her face. "I did grab someone's attention," she side glanced towards Darius. "When you weren't looking," she continued to torment Deva.

"That is enough Amber," Darius shouted with rage that made Red sit back down. Deva didn't even acknowledge his outburst; instead, she turned towards the Queen who she now noticed was watching her carefully.

Before Deva could question why she was summoned, the King came waltzing into the room. He didn't look too happy either. "I'm glad everyone is here. There are a few things we need to discuss."

Deva's hand wrapped around Lucian's waist for support; this was going to be a long discussion. She also noticed the tight jaw Darius had when he eyes saw where her hands were.

"As you all know Amber here is carrying Darius' child. And because she is carrying a child with royal blood she will now be staying with us at the castle."

This was like a personal nightmare for Deva.

"Darius has taken up the responsibility for his actions and has stepped down from the throne." The King stared at his other sons first towards Marcus and then Lucian. "This leaves the two of you."

"We understand father," both Lucian and Marcus replied at the same time. It was quiet for a little while, but of course Red had to open up her mouth.

"Thank you my king for your acceptance and hospitality."

Izzy frantically stood. "What? You're serious father. This pathetic excuse for a human is staying at the castle with us." Everyone could see the repulse written on her face.

"Yes she will." He firmly replied.

Izzy took a few steps towards Deva and Lucian, giving Deva a sympathetic look. "Do you not care how this will make Deva feel or how difficult it will be for her?"

Deva smiled, loving Izzy more for standing up for her.

"There is nothing else to be done Elizabeth."

Izzy gave Red a death glare before doing the same to her brother Darius. "You uncanny imbecile; do you have no respect for the ones you love? No respect for your kingdom? Do you understand the extent of damage your actions have led to?"

Izzy was losing all respect for her brother, not only for what he did, but for hurting her best friend. Deva was an important person to all of them. Izzy felt disgusted with hatred for what her brother committed to someone they all loved and cared about.

"I understand, and I'm willing to take responsibility for it." Darius broke out of his silence.

Izzy tilted her head to the side. "It is the least you can do."

Darius understood the hatred she had for him, but to see it in his sister's eyes made it even harder for him. "There is nothing more I can say or do. I have set my fate." Darius finally professed.

"What is that? Do I hear wedding bells coming soon?" Izzy's sarcasm was starting to tear away at Deva's heart. She couldn't imagine Darius getting married to the horrible looking redheaded poodle.

He didn't answer but instead turned to Deva. She was struck with his solid blue eyes.

"A wedding?" They heard Red cheerfully say from the table.

Deva bit her tongue before she could lash out on the stupid poodle with her frizzy outrageous hair and ridiculous smile.

"Oh yes," Izzy replied with a cynical voice. "Flowers, cake, dancing, a big white dress, a charming deceitful prince waiting at the altar, and oh wait let's not forget the baby bump."

Darius' jaw was clinched because there was nothing he could say or do to help his situation now. He had set his path the day he slept with Amber.

"Deva," Red called surprising everyone with her soft tone.

Deva stared her down with curiosity. What could she possibly want? Red got up and started walking towards her. Deva's hand fell from around Lucian's waist by the time she reached them.

"I was wondering," she spoke innocently. "Would you like to be my maid of honor? This way you have a perfect view of me marrying the prince of your dreams." Red's sick twisted smile was making Deva's blood boil.

Deva smiled before quickly whipping out her fist to collide with Red's face. The impact was so hard and strong it sent Red to fall back on the floor. Deva enjoyed the fact that she was in a room full of powerful vampires that didn't even try to stop her from punching Red. Her hand was beginning to throb with pain, but she admitted it was worth it.

Before she could get disapproving looks from anyone for hitting a pregnant woman, Deva quickly said," I hit her face not the baby."

Red groaned while wiping the blood from the corner of her lip. "Darius," her annoying voice said sounding desperate.

Darius made his way towards her and easily helped her up. Red threw herself into his arms holding on for dear life. "She hurt me. Is she going to get away with it?"

Darius sighed then turned to Deva, but she only rolled her eyes.

"Oh please." She felt Lucian move closer, in a protective way. "Lock me up for all I care as long as I don't need to see your face again."

"Darius," Red whined into Darius' chest.

Deva felt sick at the sight of her so close to Darius. It wasn't so long ago when she was in Darius' arms. Before anything else could happen Deva turned and headed for the door. She couldn't take the atmosphere anymore. Deva pushed open the door with all the frustration running through her body. Her heavy stomps were stopped when she felt two strong arms wrap around her, pulling her into a bear tight hug.

"I'm so sorry love." Marcus' warm voice was very soothing to hear.

"Yeah, me too." She finally let herself relax at the comfort of her friend's arms.

They all ended up going to Julia's room to talk. Marcus had to explain the whole thing to Julia. Julia was just as outraged as Izzy was about the whole ordeal.

"That impotent idiot, how dare he hurt my best friend?" Julia got up looking like she was going to kill Darius herself once she laid eyes on him. Deva couldn't believe how amazing her friends were.

"My brother is a fool Deva. A complete ass," Izzy started up again.

Deva weakly smiled at her friends. "I know you guys are trying to make me feel better but to be honest what I need is a distraction."

They all turned to peer at her.

"Can we all just go out tonight and have some fun?"

That was exactly what she needed right now, something to make her forget about Darius. Izzy clapped her hands together. "Of course Deva, that's a wonderful idea. I wish I would have thought of that myself."

Julia sat next to Deva and slung her arm around her. "A night out would definitely do you good."

"And who would be a better distraction than all of us?" Marcus asked with total amazement.

"Where shall we go then baby doll?" Lucian asked from the arm chair across from them.

"I've heard Paris looks beautiful this time of year," she said with a cheeky smile.

"I like the way you think love."

They all spent an hour getting dressed, ready for the big night out. Everyone was up for the event because lately they all seemed to be stuck inside the castle. To make their number even, Izzy invited her friend Ronald to join. Her brothers were not too happy about that but Deva devilishly played the sympathy card for Izzy's benefit so the brothers couldn't refuse her. She knew it was bad using her sympathy card on the brothers like that, but she never admitted to being a good girl.

Deva decided on black patterned tights under a short burgundy dress that fit her perfectly even though it was Izzy's.

"Wow you are so keeping that dress Deva. You are a knock out."

"Whatever, look at you miss badass rocker. You are totally rocking the leather skirt. Now the question is how are you going to get your brothers to let you outside of the house?"

She laughed and Izzy joined her. "With your help silly. They just can't seem to say no to you." There was a strange truth to it.

"No, not always."

"Deva they would literally jump off a cliff if you asked them to." Izzy said with all seriousness.

"That's because they feel sorry for me."

Izzy paced the room and was sinking deeper into her thoughts. "I think it has to do with your blood."

"What?" That was ridiculous? It was the worst explanation.

"Your blood is very unique Deva. It's like this weird magnet to them, to me even, but it's not just your blood. I don't know. I can't explain it."

"Izzy what d-" There was no time to question her once the brothers walked in. Deva made a note to ask Izzy when it was more convenient.

"You lovely ladies ready," Marcus asked walking towards them in front of Lucian.

"Yup."

They made their way down the stairs to the front of the castle where Ronald was supposed to meet them. Deva smiled when she saw Izzy's face light up when she locked eyes with Ronald. He was a very attractive man with a very muscular build and dark hair, blue eyes. Izzy practically threw herself at him, and Deva had to hold onto Lucian's arm before he could break up his sister's heartfelt moment.

"Down boy," Deva whispered in his ear which made Lucian wrap his arms around her waist. He needed something to hold onto before his hardheaded emotions took over.

Ronald pulled away and greeted them politely. Marcus seemed rather composed and neutral about the whole situation and shook his hand.

"Well Ronald it's very nice to meet you," Deva spoke. "Izzy I'm kinda disappointed you didn't mention how gorgeous he is."

Izzy smirked with satisfaction. "I'm sorry I was never good with details."

"Clearly."

Ronald's bright smile was so adorable that Deva thought he and Izzy would make the cutest couple. She also noticed Lucian's arms coiling tighter around her waist like a snake.

"Night out?" They heard Darius' low voice come from the descending stairs. Deva felt her stomach drop before she rested her head against Lucian's shoulder.

"Yes," Marcus replied. "We need a night out from all the drama."

"And of course away from the psycho baby mama." Izzy had to add.

Darius nodded but kept his gaze on Deva. "Be safe."

"Don't worry brother I'll keep her protected," Lucian said in a taunting voice. "But it's you who needs to use protection."

Darius' cold stare went blank.

"Run along Darius we won't want to keep you way from the whore-monal pregnant poodle. She's probably still crying her eyes out from my attack. Well unless you kissed her booboo away." Deva's voice was flat and sharp, cutting into his gut. "You're probably good at that by now, but I just don't know how you can even stand the sight of her, really."

She watched as his blank gaze turned into sadness, and she almost regretted even saying the words to him.

"Loosh can we go now?"

"Of course baby doll." With that, Lucian held her close and teleported them all to a dark alley in what she figured was Paris. The street lights were barely flashing but the walkway looked very European.

"Follow me," Lucian called making his way down the street towards one of the most crowded clubs on the strip. The waiting line was very long and filled with skimpy looking girls and Abercrombie wanna be guys. Lucian led them right past the crowd earning them a few killer glares from the people who have been waiting all night to get in.

The large bouncer at the entrance gave Lucian the once over before pulling back the rope. "Your highnesses."

Deva was a little taken aback that he knew who they were. Lucian noticed her confused stare so he leaned towards her ear to whisper, "The owner's a vampire."

Deva formed an 'O' with her mouth then felt blasting music bounce from every corner of the room. The place looked really modern and upbeat. The people on the dance floor were fist pumping like there was no tomorrow.

They wasted no time. Izzy grabbed Deva and Julia's hands and led them to the dance floor. Deva let all her worries and anger loose so she could get lost in the crowd and music. Time passed and the girls were now surrounded by many attractive European men. They didn't pay too much attention to them, but when Deva felt sweat trickling down her neck she knew she needed a break. She forced herself through the body tight club until she reached the bar and instantly found Lucian with a drink in his hands. Deva snatched the drink from him and gulped it down.

"Distracted yet?"

She shrugged. "Close."

He took her hand and led her towards the back without explaining himself. When they made it out of the way of everyone's view he teleported them on top of a bridge.

"Loosh?" She questioned while looking down at the very long drop to the water. They were very high, and she wasn't sure whether to be scared or thrilled.

"I'm distracting you."

She raised a brow. "By killing me?"

"No, silly little Deva." He neared the edge, facing her. To be honest, she thought he was close to falling over. "Catching you from this fall."

She shook her head and remembered when he promised he'd always be there to catch her. She had no doubt in her trust for him when she also moved closer to the edge. The night was soft and tranquil. It was the opposite of what was going on inside her head. Before she could talk herself out of it, she stepped off the bridge.

"Beat you there."

Lucian chuckled before following her example.

Her heart was racing with excitement while the wind whipped around her body. It was a wonderful feeling to fall. She didn't have to worry or think about anything. It was a moment she wished that would last. Deva spread her arms apart and embraced the feeling of flying. 

In a flash she felt Lucian hold her. "Gotcha."

She laughed, but it was muffled by their descent. As they neared the glistening water, Lucian quickly teleported them elsewhere. He had the ability to slow the speed of their fall so when they landed on the trampoline the impacted wasn't as bad.

Deva snuggled closer to his chest when their bouncing finally stopped. "That was incredible."

"I thought you might like it."

"I did," she reached up and kissed his cheek. "It was exactly what I needed. Thank you."

They stayed awhile gazing up at the stars getting mesmerized by the amazing beauty of the night.

"Loosh I'm tired, can you take me home."

"Sure."

"But to the kitchen I'm a little hungry."

He laughed. "You're always hungry."

She slapped his chest. "So what if I am. Is that a crime?"

"I'm not complaining." In that second, he flashed them to the familiar kitchen inside the castle. He was looking at Deva, and she understood what he was thinking.

"Go back to them Loosh. I'm fine. I'm going straight to bed after."

"Are you sure? Do you want me to stay with you?"

She shook her head. "No go. I'm a big girl."

He kissed her cheek before vanishing. Deva headed towards the cabinet, but stopped when she remembered where all the good liquor was kept.

Deva quietly opened the door to the study room and prayed no one was inside. To her disappointment and discomfort, Darius was already sitting in the large arm chair drinking a glass of what looked like brandy. She tried not to look phased by his presence because there was no point in turning back now.

"Tough night or tough life?" She asked referring to his strong, dark drink.

Her voice rang to his ear and he looked relieved to see her. "Both."

"May I join you?" She didn't even care for his reply because she was already pouring herself a cup of brandy.

"You do know it's five in the morning."

"Have you already forgotten I'm an alcoholic?" She raised the glass to her lips and sat in the large chair directly in front of him.

"No, it's just that recently you've stopped." He had noticed that when they were together she didn't drink as often as she used to.

"Yes, but recently I've picked up an excuse to do it again," she said in a cold voice.

His eyes were ice blue and boring into hers. His strong pull was so powerful and effective that she had to look away. Why was he looking at her like that? She hated herself for being so weak.

"Deva I have to do this. I have to take responsibility."

She nodded. "I know Darius. I know this means a lot to you. You have to prove yourself to your father. I get it." She paused to finally look into his pleading eyes. "You have to do this because it's the right thing to do even if you really don't want to."

Her understanding blew him away; reminding him how much he really loved her. "Deva I wish I could go back. I would do things so differently."

Her weak smile gave him no comfort. "I'm guessing you don't have a time machine."

His soft chuckle sparked a deep emotion within her. "Not that I know of."

They stayed silent just gazing into each other's eyes. Deva was going to miss him and the way he made her feel. He was never going to be hers, and that was what was killing her.

She stood, and he watched her intensely. "I want you to forget what we had Darius."

"What?" He stood as well. "I can't Deva."

"It will be hard; I know, but I want you to give her a chance, a real chance. You're having a baby with her, and you'll start your family. I don't want to be in the way."

It was breaking his heart to hear her tell him to forget about what they had. He always imagined his life and family with her. She was always a part of the picture for him.

"I'll stay out of your way as much as possible because I know I can't be nice to her."

He nodded once again because words did not come to him; so Deva just took the hint and left, leaving a piece of her own heart behind with him.

 ___________________________

 Check out my book "Divine Purpose". I promise its just as captivating as Royal Pain.
Actually read all my books including "Hating you Sweetly"

VOTE!!!!! And remember to tell your friends. Thank you.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 0 84
Kristine and Aiden spent years suffering in a dungeon. Being starved, tortured, and experimented on. After a haring escape, Kristine and Aiden part w...
17.7M 293K 79
There are TWO separate stories under this story group! Inject Me Sweetly: Vampires. Mythical creatures. Horrifying creatures. Creatures of the night...
115K 1.4K 10
Aurora Cade: I am a true hybrid; half witch, half werewolf, my parents two opposing sides in a bloody war. A war which sent my mother fleeing to the...
621 17 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...