Love Knows No Colour

De DaliaEllz

"Okay Melanie whatever changing topics now I don't want to talk about it." "No" "Yes you just won't admit it... Mai multe

Love Knows No Colour
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3 :)
Chapitre 4
Chapitre 5
Chapitre 6.
Chapter 7:-)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12 :)
Chapter 13
Chapitre 14...
Chapitre 15...,
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 :D
Chapter 19 ;)
Chapter 20?
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter24
Chapter 25!!!
Chapter 26
Chapter 27...
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
EPILOGUE
Please Read... Question that is importaant
Fall in love with me.

Chapter 8-Meet the family.. Sort of...

17.9K 382 90
De DaliaEllz

***Monday***

My morning was messed up today.

Last night when Grease finally finished Caleb left home and then Serenity and I had to ride back at my father's house. When we get there my dad, Rose and other people are all in the house.

Only to find out a bunch of my cousins are in town and will be sleeping at my dad's house since he has a pretty big house.

No how does that relate to my morning you may ask?

Maybe because since I have cousins around my age and they go to some dumb ass school they all have to wake up early to get ready waking every one up in the process. Serenity who is unfazed by this decides to go to the bathroom and blare her music out loud causing me to wake-up again.

By now every one is awake. And I failed to mention Jamaicans are fucking LOUD! I hear everyone and ven my damn grandmother is here. KILL ME Now.

I have this urge to yell shut up but that will not work in my favour.

Since Serenity is using one bathroom I decide to grab my clothes and go to the other bathroom.

I knock on the door.

"Whoever is in the damn bathroom get the fuck out I need to go to school!" I yell knowing that it is the two cousins who are practically mine and Serenity's age, Keisha and Coleen, are in the bathroom.

At this they both get out wearing their damn school uniform and give me the bathroom not saying anything. Both of them are snobs in the morning so me doing what I do best I get in and close the door on them loudly.

Fucking Snobs.

When I go downstairs I am wearing some skinny jean type cargo pants and a loose white tank top with a black cardigan and a dog tag-ish necklace and some heels. 

All the family is in the kitchen eating so I grab myself some cereal and set myself to eat and then decide to get a mountain dew with it as well. I am sitting in the kitchen on the table waiting for Serenity.

I am still only speaking French and it working well since no one in this house understands.

But anyhow it's not like anyone in this family pays me any mind anyhow. I'm not that close to my family.

So when Serenity comes downstairs and we are about to leave my dad stop's us he tells us that we have to be home early since we are going to have a family dinner.

Serenity anwsers saying yes and I roll my eyes and head out the door.

When we reach school Ihave a headache.

I go to English class and see Melanie so I rush to go talk to her.

"Guess who is staying at my dad's house?" I say when I see her.

"Who?'

"My cousins and grandmother... And we're having dinner tonight." I say with a groan, "Hey do you think you wanna come?" I ask her.

She shakes her head, "Nah I can't I'm really sorry" She says and she most definitly knows that I am not that close to my family since I told her somewhgat about it...

Anyways since Ms.Maine is not here we decide to talk in class about what happened during our weekends.

"I swear this weekend was the most boring thing of life. All we did was go visit some family. And Jordan was a big pain in the ass constantly texting your sister and then he took my phone since his dies."

"Well that sucks... I just hung out at my mom's house you know... Food, Chirch and Sleep... Oh yeah and Caleb and I are like practically finished."

Melanie smiles, "Well at least you had fun then."

"Yeah I did and Grease was on!" I say enthusiastically.

At this I hear both Caleb and Melanie groan.

"Do you know how many times we watched that... Like the movie sucks. It's almost worst than Hairspray..."

"Melanie take that back! We did not watch it that often"

"You practically know every line of that damn movie." Caleb says out of no where and then I turn to see him behind us smirking.

"I swear Tatianna no joke.. Wait Caleb how do you know that?"

"Oh we watched it when I went over for the project."

"Oh really now how come you didn't tell me that Tati."

"It was a minor detail Mel that's all... But can we get back to the main issue Hairspray is a really good movie point blank no hating on it."

 Both Caleb and Melanie look at eachother and role their eyes.

"Whatever..." I tell both of them and Ms.Maine then comes inside the classroom and starts talking.

"Alright class so in a couple of weeks you will all be presenting your projects. The order goes as such..." Ms. Maine is still peaking and I then find out that Caleb and I are the last ones. I am actually glad that we are because that means that we can watch the others and then like kill competition.

I can get competitive.

Anyways she then discusses the project some more during the rest of class until the bell finally rings.

The rest of the day seems to go by sort of quickly until music class and there are like 15 minutes left so the class is just showcasing their talents preparing themselves and showing off basically me being me is obviously alone in the back since Melanie is practicing with the others.

My head burried in the desk I wait for the bell to ring until I hear something behind my ears.

Close to my ear I hear the same Billy Talent song I was listening to yesterday when I look at who's playing it I see Caleb standing beside me with a smile and he then grabs a chair to sit next to me.

"You realise I still have that video right?" He says.

"Yeah and you're going to delete it white boy..."

"Really Billy Talent fan should you really be calling me that?" He says.

"Whatever Caleb" I say, "Just delete it."

"All in good time Tatianna... But tell me why are you not singing?" He says pointing to the stage.

"I could ask you the same thing Caleb." I retort.

"Touche... But you know you'll have to it anyways."

"Yeah I know so I'll do it when I have to do it. Why do you care?"

"Because you have a beautiful voice and it's a shame you barely use it..." He says as he stares at me.

"Whatever so you should tell people to stop asking me to shut up the." I say smiling.

He rolls his eyes at this and smiles at me, "Yeah I will don't worry I have your back."

 I smile and then get up since the bell rings we both say goodbye to each other and I wait for Serenity at her locker since there is no way in hell that I am going in that house alone.

When I go see Serenity and she is finally detached from Jordan we head home and I run up to my room so I can get all my shit done.

The only one there is my dad's mom anyways and she's cooking anyhow. Serenity is texting and doing her homework and our cousins are everywhere in the house doing God knows what...

***A couple of hours later****

Everyone is at the table. 

Rose, My father, Serenity, Grandma Isis, Taylor, Keisha, Auntie Renee, Auntie Sandra, Coleen, and so many more cousins that I have no time to name. 

Most of us are in the dining room and the little kids are in the basement.

So dinner is kind of awkward to say the least. But my  dad being brilliant decides to bring conversation to the meal.

Mind you I was fine with simply eating some curry goat, salt fish, white rice and dumplings but no this idiot decides to talk.

"So kids how was school."

Both Coleen and Serenity mutter good and fine but Keisha decides to talk...

"Oh uncle it was so good like all of my friends and I had so much fun and we hung out oh and I got an A on my test and a guy named Tyrone asked me out today." 

She says and then looks at me giving me a look saying I dare you to beat me.

"Well that's good baby" Her mother Sandra says.

"Tyrone is such a ghetto name though." I say looking at her.

"Oh and I guess you had a better day than me?" She challenges.

"Well I don't know but I do know I don't have to brag about grades since I'm a straight A student Keisha dearest." I reply.

She glares at me and Grandma decides to speak.

"So Keisha what s  Tyrone like?"

"Well he's smart, funny, cute oh and he's light skinned!" She smiles.

My father's family has some fucked up skin complex so you have to understand when she said light skinned this is like the jackpot for them. Keisha herself is 'light' since her mom had her with some mulatto guy just so she can be light and her and Coleen are the babies of the family just because of their colour... I imagine this is why everyone is happy that my dad is getting a baby because Rose is half white...

So then the table breaks in disussion about light skin Serenity and I look at each other rolling our eyes and eat. This is where shit gets complicated because we are not 'light' so we are kind of the outcasts...

When I was like 5 they gave me a damn paper bag test... An I can tell you now I did not pass that.

"May we be excused?" We ask at the same time feeling annoyed.

My dad shakes his head, "No we're eating like a family right now... Anyways Serenity I didn't hear you speak how are you?"

"Just fine Daddy." She says.

"I'd feel better if I could leave this table."I mutter

"What was that?" Rose says

"I said that I would feel better if I left the table so I can be further away from your damn complexes about colour right now."

"Tatianna watch your mouth. You will treat everyone here with respect."

Deciding to calm myself I decide to simply sit down and shut up. I think Serenity looked grateful at what I did.

When dinner finally finished I clean up after myself and go to my room and go brush my teeth. When I finish brushing my teeth Keisha comes in the bathroom. As I exit I hear her say something.

"You know for a dark skinned girl you seem to know a lot of big words."

Okay I'm done

I turn and puch Keisha straight in a face making her fall to the floor.

"You know for a bitch you should learn to watch what to say... You could get hurt like that." I reply and head to my room blaring James Brown.

Say it loud I'm black and I'm proud!.

***Tuesday Morning***

Same morning as yesterday.

Only today Keisha is now sporting a black eye. Well she tried hard to hide it though so that's an A for effort.

As Serenity and I go to school I caqn't help but think: What a Long week ahead of me...

So yeah that was chapter 8 for yall... 

So yeah a couple things.

1- I am not for the whole light skinned dark skin thing so umm just wanted to point that out black is beautiful so yeah :)

2-The paper bag test is something that people used to do (Some people do it still...) for black people to see how dark they are. If they are lighter then the bag they are seen as prettier and better... And if darker I guess it would be the opposite...

3-Keisha...The cousin is played by Alicia Keys... Imma put a pic on the side anyways...

4-As always Vote and Comment please on the story I would really love to hear(well read actually:) You guys' views on the story and whatnot :)

So thank you until next update.:P

-Dalia...

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.3M 54.8K 39
I fell in love. I fell in love with a fairytale. Oh Yes I did. You know that one story that gives every little girl hope out there that good things c...
26.6K 488 11
NOTICE: This story will never be finished properly!! This is due to everything Alex (YandereDev) have done, I can't with good heart and soul continue...
71.5K 891 92
Shots for everyone! Who wouldn't love some nice shots! This is my first time too. i do the ship color coded. You can suggestions some shots too i don...
Gift of Game De ✨

Ficțiune generală

160K 7K 50
© 2016 bunsmany All Rights Reserved