Prince with Benefits

By gabycabezut

**Unedited, messy & with lots of mistakes. But you will still swoon if you give it a chance lol (but you've b... More

Prince with benefits
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two Part One
Chapter Twenty-Two Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six (part one)
Chapter Twenty-Six (part two)
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six Part One
Chapter Thirty-Six part two
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
A Prince's Point of View
Getting Hitched
Expecting the Unexpected...
Bonus Chapter - Brought to you by H&M
New books + Audiobook teaser!
New Story Alert! Of Darkness & Light

Chapter Thirty-Seven

1.2M 30.6K 1.7K
By gabycabezut

Darkness engulfed me.

I was nowhere and everywhere at the same time. My panting was all you could hear. I was crying as I took a step forward.

Nothing.

I felt cold and completely hopeless. And very lonely.

But then I saw him.

Sam was on the other side of the dark tunnel and he was staring at me like a predator with a menacing smile. Next thing you know, he was right in front of me and I could see my blood on his lips as he said "you are mine, Emily." His hands grabbed me by the arms and started shaking me. I trashed all over as he leaned closer with an evil smirk playing on his lips.

"Emily!"

"Emily! It's ok!" A husky voice called my name.

I registered it wasn't Sam's.

My eyes opened and I felt my shoulders relax as I realized that it had only been a really bad dream. I've been having quite a few lately. My throat felt hoarse and I felt my cheeks wet. I had been crying in my dreams.

Dark chocolate orbs were gazing at me concerned. He was gently holding me by the arms and I think I had trashed on them for a few minutes because the blanket that was covering me was all over the bed.  His hair was disheveled and you could tell that he had ran a hand through it for numerous times. He still had a soldier's uniform on.

My eyes brimmed with tears as I let him engulf me in a protective embrace. Scott's muscled arms held me tight as I sobbed on his shoulders. His right hand was making soothing circles on my back. We were on my bedroom and the familiar vanilla smell from my favorite candles was soothing.

"It's ok, Em." His voice was laced with concern, "you're safe..."

It happened a day ago.

It had been the scariest day of my life.

If Sean hadn't barged into my house I don't know what would have happened.

Apparently, someone tipped Sean that some paparazzi were hiding on the street and they took a picture of Mark coming out of the house. As soon as he received the message, Sean came back and heard some screaming inside the house so he started to bang on the door. When he finally broke it, he found me unconscious laying on the kitchen floor. My backdoor was open so he never saw who had been with me.

He called the police, my mom and a doctor. I passed out from the shock for apparently almost an hour. Everyone was really concerned. When I woke up, Sean interrogated me about Mark. He was absolutely furious. He actually thought that Mark had done something to me.

I told them about Sam and they were looking out for him, but so far, he hadn't appeared back at his hotel or any known place. Apparently, he hadn't used his credit card so far, so locating him was becoming a pain for the police. Sean was on their toes all the time.

He hadn't left my side.

Scott had been notified over the curse of the night. He had been camping overseas and it took him forever to get here.

But he was here now.

With me.

I held him tight and it felt so right to be in his arms.

I felt protected and safe.

"Thank you" I hoarsely whispered on his chest.

"Shhhh."

His shirt felt wet and I noticed that I was the cause for that. Passing a hand on the wet spot, I mumbled, "I'm sorry, I'm ruining your shirt..."

He smiled at me but it didn't reach his eyes, "have you been having nightmares?"

I swallowed the small lump on my throat as I nodded. I felt so helpless and somewhat pathetic. I should have done something, I shouldn't have let him do anything to me.

"It's not your fault, Em." He said as if he knew what I was thinking, Scott softly passed a thumb near my split lip and his eyes darkened as his anger flared. "He's a fucking asshole." His eyes met mine and he stated confidently, "He will never get near you again, I can assure you that..."

"I was such a wuss, Scott. I should have done-"

"Stop it. You couldn't do much..." He shook his head. I've already told everyone everything that happened with all the details I could remember. Everything until I passed out.

His hand cupped my chin as his eyes roamed all over my face, "when I heard that something had happened to you..." he swallowed hard, "I-" his voice broke and he closed his eyes.

"Nothing happened. Thanks to Sean." This time I cupped his chin and he leaned into my touch.

Scott opened his eyes and I could see he was restraining his anger, "he should have been here, Em."

"I know. It's not his fault, I sent him off. Don't be mad at him." I squeezed his shoulder in a comforting gesture. He had been working out a lot because of the army and it was starting to pay off. His shoulders and arms were already more prominent than before and I couldn't stop to admire his new acquired body.

"Like what you see?" He asked smugly.

I smiled at him and restrained to wince as I felt my lip tug on the small cut, "very much." Scott must have noticed because his smile faltered.

"I can't believe he dared to touch you like that..." He closed his eyes for a moment and stood up. He walked across the room to look outside the window.

I could feel how frustrated he felt, I felt the same. But I had been there and I still felt like I should have done something. It had definitely taken me by surprise. I would have never thought that Sam, the popular dentist and definitely man-whore back in LA, could lose it like that.

"What did Mark want?" He was still looking outside. He was playing with the curtain now.

Shrugging, I stood from the bed and looked at my track pants. I should definitely take a bath, I thought. "Nothing...to talk..." I trailed as I walked to my closet to grab some clothes.

"About?" He pressed on. Scott's dark eyes were now following my every move.

Should I tell him? I stopped from pulling the shirt from the drawer, "He thinks I'm a phase, or something like that."

Scott sighed, "he's been acting weird ever since his birthday." He paused for a moment, "That's why there were paparazzi outside your house. They think that there might be something going on between you two." He added clearly annoyed.

I turned to look at him frowning, "really?"

He grimaced, "someone took a picture of you two at his party and now it's all over the tabloids." He turned to the window again, but I could see that he was really uncomfortable, "Add the fact that Sean almost broke your door and the police car and everything...the tabloids are having a field trip..."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

Scott walked to me, "you had nothing to do with it, why should you be sorry?"

I sighed again, "if I hadn't sent Sean away nothing would have happened..."

Scott shook his head, "we don't know that. My stupid brother would have probably come anyway." I took a moment to really look at him. Even though he looked a bit like a mess, Scott rocked the soldier uniform. He looked absolutely handsome. He noticed me gaping at him again because a smirk formed on his lips.

Embarrassed, my cheeks flushed and I turned to grab all the things I needed to take a bath. I heard him chuckle as I closed the door on the bathroom.

Ever since the Sam incident, I had been taking unnecessary long showers. Mom told me it had to do with some psychological crap about me wanting to clean my soul or something like that...thankfully, he didn't get to finish what he had planned...I wanted to erase every place he touched me. In a way, she was right...This time, though, I took the fastest shower ever and dressed in a hurry so I could be with Scott.

Fifteen minutes later I was downstairs cuddled next to Scott on the living room's sofa. Mom was making some breakfast and Sean was giving Scott a detailed report on everything that the police had been trying to do.

In a word...nothing.

Sean was frustrated and pulling strings everywhere form every person he knew to help put on this situation. However, he had not managed to get the story out of the tabloids. They still hadn't told me what they've been saying but you could see quite a few people on the next side of the street ready to snap some pictures.

Damn.

Scott was struggling to be composed. His left knee was moving on a fast pace and I could tell that he was only managing to be controlled because of me. After a few minutes on this situation, I kissed him on the cheek and decided to help Mom on the kitchen. I could tell they wanted to talk alone.

"Mom, can I help you?"

She was busy making some French toast. I poured myself some coffee and enjoyed the bitter aroma that emanated from it.

"How are things going, sweetie?"

I grimaced in response.

"That bad, huh?"

I took a sip and relished on the bitter taste of coffee. A moment later, I asked "Mom? Do you know what the tabloids are saying?"

She sighed. Green emerald eyes gazed at me. She paused the cooking she was doing. After cleaning her hands on a white towel, she calmly started "that you are Mark's new girl...and that you were cheating on your boyfriend with him, so when the guy found out, he went crazy..." she closed her eyes. When she opened them, there were unshed tears on them.

"I can't believe that Sam could do this to you, hon..."

A small smile played on my lips. "It's over, Mom."

She smiled at me and hugged me. "I'm sorry, I should be the one comforting you." I patted her on the back, "It's ok..."

She pulled apart. "Your father is furious. He's trying to help from the States with some connections that he has. He told me that he would arrive in a couple of days."

"Uhm...ok?"

Mom smiled at me and shook her head, "be nice to him. He's been really worried about you."

"Ok" I fought the urge to roll my eyes at the condescending tone Mom used. She busied herself on the stove while I absentmindedly placed the table for all of us.

So, that's why Scott is angry about. My stomach clenched.

Way to make a public first impression!

I grimaced at how the tabloids will respond when I'm seeing in public with Scott.

Great. Just great.

"So, have you planned our wicked date for tomorrow?" Scott asked me as he embraced me from behind.

"It's going to be awesome" I lied. I still had no freaking idea! With everything that had been going on, I didn't know what to do!

"You're such a bad liar!" He chuckled. "You still have no idea what to do, do you?"

I slapped his chest playfully, "I'm still working on it. But one thing is certain...it's going to be awesome!" I smiled at him.

His dark chocolate eyes bored into mine, "That. I'm sure."

Frowning, I asked him, "but should we go public right now? Wouldn't it be wise to let things cool off or something?"

He sighed annoyed, "you'll have to learn to dismiss anything the tabloids write." He ran a hand through his hair, "but we can stay home or something..." he shrugged, "I don't care, as long as..." he leaned closer and whispered by my ear, "we are alone..." he pulled away with a smugly smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes trying to cover my blushing cheeks. "Tomorrow night, it is."

______________________________________________________________

So you really can't complain! I've been posting three chapters this week!! I'm sure if I can keep that up next week since I have quite a few things to do...and I intend to update Take out Chef first. Which, if you haven't read it, go ahead and check it out :)

I need ideas for the date!! I have one thing on my mind but I'm not quite sure about it...I want it to be original, not the typical kind of date...soooo...help me out :)

Have a great weekend!

Lot's of love and chocolate cookies (which I was baking as I wrote this).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 65.1K 42
Mia Tyler has received the opportunity of a lifetime: to sing for thousands at The Royal Opera House. For a working girl from Queens, London has alwa...
2.4K 401 12
SEQUEL TO ROYALLY BUMPED || After a whirlwind of a year, Mila Abbott is finally enjoying her life as a princess and mother. As wife to the new first...
643K 12.7K 93
Prince Harry of Wales is engaged to marry a beautiful American actress. He loves her...or so he keeps telling himself. He's ready to marry. She's the...
32.1M 909K 56
[WINNER OF BEST HISTORICAL FICTION STORY IN THE FICTION AWARDS] There is a story that has been whispered into ear after ear across many countries. It...