First Love

By brionnadenise

"Walls down," I say softly. He looks at me intently, I move my hand away from his, never losing eye contact... More

Introducing Maria
Chapter 1. We Had Plans
Chapter 2. Bestfriend Test
Chapter 3. Family & Naps
Chapter 4. Delusion & Secret Kisses
Chapter 5. Karaoke Fun & Movie Nights
Chapter 6. Secret Plans & Surprises
Chapter 7. Fun & Dance
Chapter 8. New Pictures & Remaining Friends
Chapter 9. Feelings (Being Honest)
Chapter 11. Goodbyes & Hellos
Chapter 12. New Best Friends
Chapter 13. Counting Stars
Chapter 14. Wake Me Up & Tease Me
Chapter 15. First Dates & Simple Crushes
Chapter 16. It's Unfair but I Don't Mind.
Chapter 17. Home... forever
Chapter 18. Those Days
Chapter 19. Waiting Game
Chapter 20. The Date
Chapter 21. I've Been Missing You
Chapter 22. Thoughts (Lawrence Ray POV)
Chapter 23. Friends, Lovers or Nothing
Chapter 24. Friends
Chapter 25. Lovers
Chapter 26. Meet the Salvatinos
Chapter 27. You'll Never Know
Chapter 28. C'est Si Bon
Chapter 29. Summer Nights
Chapter 30. And We're Back
Chapter 31. Fireplaces & Live Music
Chapter 32. Give it Up
Chapter 33. Skinny Love
Chapter 34. Almost Is Never Enough
Chapter 35. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Chapter 36. (500 Miles) Lawrence Ray POV
Chapter 37. Be My Forever
Epilogue: How Long Will I Love You
a love letter to my maria

Chapter 10. Serendipity

106 6 0
By brionnadenise

"So what place am I driving you guys to?" Ms. Daniels asks. 

"I guess it wont be much of a big deal but. . . Serendipity 3," I say smile growing bigger when Daya starts jumping up and down. 

"Oh my Maria! I love you!" She says, I smile.

"She loves you more," Lawrence says, I shrug and nod. 

"Better get going," I say helping Daya with her luggage. 

"I'll take those," Lawrence says grabbing both the luggage out of Daya and I hands. 

"So  what'd you two do while I was gone," She ask as we walk to the car slowly.

"Nothing. Danced mostly then sat and just chilled. But we did run a errand," I smile handing her the gift bag with the books. 

"Awww thanks. You guys didn't have to do this just because I'll be gone for a month," She says.

"That's part of the reason why we did that and dessert to show you how much we appreciate you. But you also have an iTunes gift card," I add giggling at the end. We get to the car and she hugs me and playfully punch Lawrence arm. 

"You guys are the best friends a girl could have," She says. We all get in the car. We drive to Serendipity 3 in silence. Peaceful silence. 

"You excited," I ask Day about her trip. 

"Yeah. I just wish I could pack you two up with me," She smiles. Lawrence and I fist pound, she laughs at us.

"How the bestfriend application process going," She asks.

"It's going good. I hope," Lawrence says. I shrug and smile. 

"I suppose it's in the process of being accepted. It's about 85% accepted. By 8:30 well see if it's 100% done," I say Daya high fives Lawrence.

"Goofballs," I murmur.

"You're part of the club Mare," Ms. Daniels says, making us all laugh. Ms. Daniels turn the radio on and Mr. Saxo-beat by Alexandra Stan  playing, I gasp. 

"My auntie and I always dance to this. Remember that one time you were over Zen,"I ask giggling. She laughs.

"Oh my gosh! Mom, Ray you both have to see them together. You will smile and laugh to tears the whole time," Day says as I sing along to the song. 

"My wittle Hispanic baby," MS. Daniels smiles in the mirror. I smile and look over at Lawrence. He's in his phone but his foot is taping to the beat.

"Ray Hispanic roots are coming out too," I poke him, Zendaya looks back at us laughing. He starts fist pumping.

"You make me dance| bring me up, bring me down| play it sweet| Make me move like a freak, Mr. Saxobeat.| " I sing as Zendaya turns back around in her seat. 

The song goes off and we just listen to the next song. My phone buzzes in my hand. I look at the screen, it's a text from Ray.

Lawrence - You tell Zen about what happened between us?

I look at him confused, then back at my phone.

Me - No, why?

I send to him.

Lawrence - She sent me a text. I think she knows. 

Me - How? What'd the text say?

Lawrence - "Something happened between y'all, I know it. You kissed her? Or tried to kiss her?" That's bascially what she said.

I giggle and shake my head.

Lawrence - What's so funny?

Me - She knows. She's trying to get you to admit it. What did you tell her.

Lawrence - Tried. Failed. Epically.

Me - Poor you. But okay, maybe she don't suspect us anymore. Sorry though.

Lawrence - It's cool, I could have told her the truth. Why don't you want her to know anyway. If it's "nothing".

Me - Idk. Zen has a way of making little things into something and I don't want her to get the wrong idea.

Lawrence - Wrong idea? And you have a point about Zen.

Me - Yeah. I don't want her thinking that we're going to hook up over the summer while she's gone. Or that we like each other that way. It was a few kisses. Attraction maybe?

Lawrence - Somebody's in denial! lol. But okay. Maybe we should explain that to her then?

I look over at him, we look at Zendaya then I send him back.

Me - Okay. 

He looks at me, I smile at him and shrug. 

"Where here," Ms. Daniels says stopping in front of Serendipity 3.

"You're not going to park and come in," I ask her. 

"No. This is y'all goodbye treat for Daya.I'll be in the plaza shopping. Enjoy y'all time," She says before we get out the car. 

"Call me when y'all ready to leave," She says out the window before driving off. When we go inside we are seated at out table.

"This place is like Cheese Cake Factory Heaven but upgraded," Zendaya says. I laugh.

"That's a different metaphor. Haven't heard that before," Lawrence says, I nod. Fifteen minutes later our table is full of treats, food and desserts. 

"Oh the food," I say hands raised as if I surrender. 

"So food is another weakness of yours. I'll add that to the list," Lawrence smirks, I grin at my food and smack his arm.

"Flirty," Zendaya says, I laugh wide eyed.

"Not at all," I say.

"Subconsciously. Yes. I've known you quite some time now doll," Daya laughs, I shrug.

"Heard Lawrence tried to make a move on you," Zen says taking a spoonful of ice cream from the bowl, I nod. 

"Succeeded," I say.

"Succeeded," She says swallowing her icecream and looking at Lawrence.

"Sorry," He says. 

"It's my fault. I told him not to say anything," I say. 

"Wh-" Zendaya starts. 

"Because I didn't want to know your reaction," I say.

"How many times," She asks.

"A few. You could use one hand," Ray says.

"So what's going on between y'all then? Y'all together," She asks. I smirk at Lawrence, he laughs and gives me a dollar.

"No. We're just F-R-I-E-N-D-S," I say to Daya. 

"Friends," Lawrence says quickly after. She looks back and forth at us.

"But y'all like each other," She says. 

"No," I say quickly. 

"Denial," Lawrence says, I smack his arm.

"Attracted is what I would call it," I say, he smiles. 

"In denial," Zendaya says and Lawrence fist pounds her.

"Okay Ray likes me. I'm attracted to him then that's all," I shrug. 

"Nope. I think both of y'all are attracted to each other," Zendaya starts. 

"Won't lie about that," I say.

"But y'all do like each other," She says. I begin to talk but Zen cuts me off.

"You don't have to necessarily want to date him but you obviously like him. I mean it's there," She says, I shrug not believing it. 

"Another thing. If I didn't say anything would y'all have told me," She asks.

'Absolutely," Lawrence and I say at the same time. 

"Here or before you boarded the plane," I add, she smiles. 

"Good. You know I don't like secrets. Both of you," She says, we nod.

"So who kissed who first," She says twirling her hair on her finger, I laugh.

"Wow! Obviously Lawrence kissed me," I say.

"Hey don't make it sound like you didn't want to kiss me," He jokes, I pat his shoulder. 

'She kissed me last though," He adds. 

"No actually. You did," I say smirking. 

"Nope. Remember," He begins. 

"Oh, oh never mind! Yup I did," I say turning my head away from Daya and Lawrence smiling, feeling the heat coming to my face. They laugh and I join them. My phone buzz in my pocket, I check it. It's a text from Ray.

Lawrence - Dying to kiss me as bad as I want to kiss you? 

I smirk. Daya and Lawrence start to have their own conversation.

Me - Kill me now please. :face blowing a kiss emoji: 

I send to Lawrence. A staff member walks by. 

"Excuse me. Can I have to take out boxes please," I ask. He looks two years older than me, with dark hair, hazel eyes and he's fairly tall. He smirks at me and nod.

"He's cute Mare. Really," Daya says and I nod and eat some more of my cake. Lawrence arm rest behind my back on my chair. 

"God, this food is heaven," I sit back patting my stomach. They look at me laughing.

"But I'm still taking it home with me. I'm sure I'll be fat by the end of this summer," I say. They smirk at me. I laugh as the boy come back with the take out boxes. I sit up and he hands them to me. 

"Uh, thanks," I begin.

"Drew," He says, I smile. 

"Thanks Drew," I say, he smiles.

"No problem," He says before walking off.

"He likes you," Lawrence nudges me.

"Better work yo bestfriend magic," Daya teases, he grins but the grin doesn't meet his eyes. I open my take out box and see a paper with Drew number on it. I put his number in my phone and save it. 

"Smooth," Daya says noticing what he did. Lawrence totally oblivious to the whole thing. I send Drew a text telling him I got his note and to save my number. I pass a take out box to Lawrence. 

"Thanks," He says.

"Ready to leave Daya. It's seven-ten," I asks. She nods. I pay the bill and sign the receipt.

"Come back soon," The waitress says, I smile and nod. 

"Nice meeting you Maria," Drew says as we walk pass him. 

"Nice meeting you too," I say waving bye, Daya calls her mother and we wait outside for four minutes before Ms. Daniels pulls up. We get in the car. Drew texts me back, I smile.

Drew - Hoping that wasn't your boyfriend. :)

Me - Nope, my bestfriend. Single :). 

Drew - Me too. 

Me - Don't you have a job to do, lol texting on the job. Trouble.

Drew - lol. Text you when my shifts over? 

Me - Please and thank you 

I send and the conversation ends. 

I look over at Lawrence, he's looking out the window behind Zendaya. I lean over and rest my  head on his shoulder and sigh. He grabs my hand and give it a quick kiss and  reassuring squeeze, then lets it go. He turns a little facing me, I turn as well so I could lean into him his arm rest on the side of me. 

"I just realized you two have no way back and neither does my car," Ms. Daniels says.

"Already on it. Mr. Daniels taking a cab to the airport, he'll meet us there before you and Daya board your plane so he can say bye and get the car keys. Then he's going to drop us off," I say. 

"Thanks," All three of them say together. 

"No problem," I smile and I receive a text. 

Lawrence - Sleepy? :) 

Me - That obvious?

Lawrence - Told you, you need to "relax" more often. Take a nap. You've been running around a lot today,"

Me - Your idea of relaxing is enjoyable but my relaxing is kicking my feet up and chilling relaxing. You've been helping too so you deserve a nap as well. 

Lawrence - I know, I'll get some sleep soon. 

Me - If your application is accepted what do you want to do as my congrats gift? 

Lawrence - I have one thing in mind ;) .  But maybe we can go see a movie or hang out at your place till the roosters wake. 

Me - Sounds like a plan Mr. Ray. What about if you're denied? 

He pinches my side.

Lawrence - Flat out. I want a movie, breakfast, and to receive a kiss as a good as the one I gave you the 1st time.

Me - Hmmmm, you might get denied lol. Just playing but okay. Oh wait! Who said I liked the 1st kiss or any of the other kisses?!

Lawrence - Your smile and your eyes. Plus you kind of admitted it. 

Me - Never ! & whatever. ;p

Lawrence - No worries. The kisses were good. I wouldn't have kissed you again if it wasn't.

Me - Damn! I guess you're right. I did like them.

Lawrence - lol finally. You're admitting to something Ms. Denial

Me - Blah, blah, blah. I'm not in denial. 

Lawrence - Well I don't want to call you niave.

Me - Good, don't. 

Lawrence - You're a pretty cool girl Ms. Salvatino.

Me - Wait this is where you fall in love with me, isn't. Oh no! lol jp

Lawrence - Cue the music *Kiss me like you wanna be loved*

Me - lol *this feels like falling in love* Ed Sheeran? Really Ray? 

Lawrence - Absolutely Mare.

Me - Blah. Smooth. so smooth. 

Lawrence - I try. I see it works. 

Me - I think the object on your face that helps you talk, eat, breathe and kiss is working. 

Lawrence - Hey whatever floats your boat.

Me - lol ugh

Lawrence - Grrrr?

Me - Epic. . . Fail? It's s'okay dear.

Lawrence - I think I need a hug.

Me - Luckily momma loves hugs. So I'll give you one. lol

Lawrence - lol, thanks. 

Me - no prob. Least I can do since I'm basically using you as my pillow.

Lawrence - You cuddle your pillow. Lord I'll be your pillow forever then.

Me - lol, Cars coming to a stop. Time to say bye to Dani. :(

Lawrence - Only for a month. Getting nervous almost time to get denied or accepted. 

Me - Either way I'm stuck w/ you all summer. Boo me! 

Lawrence - Yay you! You should be basking in the glory of our growing friendship.

Me - Ummmm. . .. . nah. lol, I guess you're kind of alright. 

Lawrence - Alright ? I'm awesome and you know it ;) 

Me - I think it's the other way around. But we can argue  about that some other time. Right we have to ignite our video plan so when she's on the plane then she'll see it.

Lawrence - Okay.

____________________________________________________________________

Serendipity 3 is a dessert/restaurant place in New York but lets pretend it one in Texas ;)

Vomment (Comment & Vote) (FORGIVE MY YOUNGER WRITING, I'll BE EDITING SOON)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 1.5K 41
C O M P L E T E D "Date me," he spins the whiskey around in the glass and fixes me with a smirk. I roll my eyes the moment the words roll off his ton...
12.9M 211K 60
"I know you want me Mia..." he whispered into my ear. His voice husky and deep. "N-no I-I don't," I replied trying to keep my voice steady but failin...
307K 8.5K 50
"That was weird, but I can't stop my heart beating ten times faster than it should be. Laying down on the bed I face away from the bathroom door not...
98.2K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...