Mister Popular's Little Sister

By dancinginsunlight

After the divorce of her parents, Marley Parker stays in North Carolina while her brother and father move to... More

Mister Popular's Little Sister
one: forgotten
two: friends with the rival
three: who said anything about a soccer game?
four: my brother hates me
five: like some disease
six: guilty
PLEASE READ
eight: here goes nothing
nine: what are you doing here?
ten: a tuesday in may
eleven: he's here
twelve: silver letters
thirteen: juliannas
fourteen: scoops
fifteen: always
sixteen: duke nightrunner
seventeen: totally ruined
eighteen: you were right
nineteen: everything
twenty: something
twenty-one: there's no need for you to sit on me
twenty-two: there's nothing further we can do
twenty-three: where am I?
twenty-four: it's definitely not over
Epilogue
Q&A

seven: unknown

330K 9.1K 4.5K
By dancinginsunlight

seven: unknown

⠀⠀⠀⠀The annoying sound of my alarm clock wakes me up on this Saturday morning. I meant to shut the alarm off last night, but I forgot as I got carried away in a text conversation with Jackson.

I suddenly sit up on my bed causing the room to spin. I need to learn to not do that. But anyways...

Jackson. Saturday. The 'date'.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a date, but either way it's today. I glance at my clock which reads six thirty-five. Grumbling, I slide back under the covers, but to my dismay I don't fall back asleep. I'm too excited for the events that are happening today.

Nearly an hour later, I crawl out of bed and make my way down the marble staircase to find some breakfast. I walk into the kitchen and greet the staff.

"Good morning, Marley," Rosaline, one of the best cooks in this house, greets me. I've become quite close with this female companion. We're two of the few females living under this roof.

"Morning, Rosie," I reply sitting at the island. Despite the fact that this house is a mansion, the kitchen is an ordinary kitchen, minus the size. The size is double–maybe triple–the size of an ordinary kitchen.

"Would you like your usual?" Rosaline asks me heading towards the cupboard.

"Yes, please," I watch as she grabs Frosted Flakes from the cupboard and the milk from the fridge. Though I disagree, Rosaline won't let me serve myself as it's her job. I've tried multiple times, but she won't allow it.

Once my cereal is poured, Rosaline hands me the bowl before taking a seat across from me. I had told Rosaline about my 'date' with Jackson a few days ago, but we had to stop discussing the matter as Conner had come home.

"So, what are your plans for today," Rosaline asks raising her dark eyebrows.

Looking around for any sign of Conner, I deem it's safe considering the time. Conner never wakes up before 10, and if he does, he's mister grumpy pants so we prefer him to sleep in.

"Well," I start after swallowing my bite of Frosted Flakes. "I'm meeting Jackson at the park and then I guess we're going to lunch." I shrug. "I'm not exactly sure the plans for today," I shove another spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

"Sounds exciting," Rosaline smiles squeezing my hand. Honestly, Rosaline is like my mother here in California. She reminds me a lot of my mother, actually. The selfless character of Rosie mirrors the selflessness of my mother. My mother never put herself before anyone else, always serving and giving making sure everyone around her was happy. Rosaline is the same–always serving and making sure we're taken care of before her needs are met. Not to mention both women are gorgeous inside and out.

"I'm very excited," I shoot her a genuine smile before taking another bite of my breakfast. "We're meeting there in two hours," my nerves escalate at the thought.

"Well, you better hurry and finish your breakfast and so you can get ready," Roasline ushers me to finish my cereal.

As I finish my cereal, Rosaline and I talk about the most random things from breakfast foods to summer activities. I quickly finish my bowl of cereal which Rosaline takes from me before I can clean the bowl myself.

I open my mouth to protest, but Rosaline's hand shoots up ushering me to stop.

"Marley," she starts as she rinses out my bowl. "As I've said plenty of times before, this is my job." She sends me a smile over her shoulder before shooing me off to my room to get ready.

"One of these days I will do it myself," I proclaim causing her to laugh.

I make my way up the familiar, cold, marble staircase and down the hall to my room. I quickly shut the door and turn the lock making sure no one can enter. I sift through my drawers looking for an outfit for the 'date". Man, I really need to come up with a word to replace date.

Hanging out? Too long. Not date? No. Ugh, this is too hard. Anyways...

I pull out my dark wash jeans and a white tank top from my drawers. From the closet, I grab a light blue-grey cardigan. I place the clothing items on my bed before entering the attached bathroom.

Turning the knob on the shower to hot water, I watch as steam rises over the top of the curtain and slowly heat the room up while fogging the mirror. I strip my clothes and step under the heated water cleaning my body.

After I shower, I pull my blow dryer out from under the sink and plug it in. It takes nearly thirty minutes to dry my long, blonde hair. Oh, how I love my hair but how I hate it.

I take my time to slightly curl my hair and apply minimum makeup. I take a step back and stare at my reflection. I adjust the rims on my face making it easier to see my eyes–the eyes I inherited from my mother.

Sighing, I switch the bathroom light off and plop down on my bed. I flip open my phone to find that I have an hour till I have to meet Jackson at Jameson Park. I slide my dark red boots on and walk over to my window. I slide the window up taking in the cool air. The weather is cooler today than most days, but not as cool as I'm used to in North Carolina.

I grab an over-the-shoulder bag and quietly make my way down the stairs. I peek around the corner making sure Conner doesn't notice me. I find him in the kitchen scarfing down some pancakes. Fortunately, Rosaline notices me and talks to Conner gaining his attention as he finishes his food.

I mouth a "thank you" as I quietly rush by the kitchen and out the door. Once safely outside, I run into John.

"Good morning, Miss Parker. Going somewhere?" The tall man standing next to the limo greets me.

"I am," I reply turning to look back at the house praying that Conner doesn't decide to come out right now. "But," I turn back towards John who's sending me a questioning look. "I'm going to walk to my destination." I smile.

"Hmm," he replies. "Okay."

I step aside him and start walking down the driveway, but stop and turn towards John once more.

"Hey, John," he watches me carefully. "Please don't tell Conner." I send him a look as if begging him to agree.

"Of course, Miss Parker," John agrees. I smile and wave before resuming my walk down the driveway.

I take a left once I reach the road and start the three mile, forty-five minute walk to the park. Well, I'm hoping it takes forty-five minutes giving me plenty of time to arrive, but I've never been to this park nevertheless walked to it.

As I make my journey down the road, I receive a text from an unknown number.

From: Unknown

You look just like your mother.

With a racing heart, I reply to the text asking who they were. Not even a minute after I send the text, my phone buzzes.

From: Unknown

Doesn't matter. By the way, your hair looks pretty today.

I look up with wide eyes and search my surroundings. I watch as a car with tinted black windows drives off the opposite direction. With a racing heart, I pick up the pace and hurry to the park wanting to forget the incident which just took place.

As time passes by, my heart rate decreases and my nerves calm. Maybe it isn't him, Marley. Maybe it's just somebody from school playing a prank on you. Then why did they mention your mother? Just a lucky guess.

I do my best to clear my mind of such thoughts as I enter the park. I look around to find a lake sitting in the middle of the park. Pavilions and playgrounds are situated all around the lake.

I find my way to the swing set where Jackson and I agreed to meet. I take a seat and lift my legs from under me allowing the swing to move forward and backward. The sun finds its way through the trees and onto my face while the wind lightly dances through my hair.

A smile finds its way onto my lips as I swing back and forth in the cool spring air. All thoughts about him and the texts disappear as I take in the sun and the warmth.

I sit there swinging for a good ten minutes before I spot Jackson walking towards me. Putting my feet down, my boots scrape against the mulch and dirt bringing me to a stop.

I stand up and and meet Jackson halfway. "You look gorgeous," Jackson shoots me his beautiful smile, one that makes my heart soar and my stomach leap.

"Thank you," I smile back at the boy standing in front of me. "So, what are we doing today," I question.

"That's a surprise," he answers. "Follow me," he nods towards the lake.

We walk in a comfortable silence past the lake and into the woods on a path. I start to question whether or not Jackson is taking me somewhere to murder me. Of course, he isn't. You're just on edge from the texts.

The texts. I almost forgot. I look around for any sign of life, but it's just the two of us. Nobody to call to for help if needed. If he is going to murder me, he's smart.

"Where are we going?" I question as my heart beat picks up. I can almost hear it in my ears I'm so nervous.

"I told you, it's a surprise," the boy next to me glances my way with a smile on his lips. My nerves settle a tad bit, but not enough to feel safe.

"Are we almost there?"

"Yes," he stops walking and places his hands on my shoulders. I shut my eyes waiting for him to strangle me or something. Quit, Marley.

Jackson turns me around and I open my eyes to find a field. Not only is there a field, there's a blanket with a picnic basket sitting in the middle. A gasp escapes my lips and I turn to look at Jackson.

"You like it," a smile tugs at his lips.

"Yeah," I reply before walking over to the blanket with Jackson behind me.

We ended up having lunch on the field while chatting. We spent a solid two hours just talking before heading to the playground to play. I swear we're five year olds at heart.

When I return home, I try sneak back into the house but Rosaline runs towards me.

"Marley," a worried look is etched on her face. "You're okay. I was so worried," tears form in her eyes.

"What's wrong, Rosaline?" I question.

"You received a call when you were gone," she swallows back her tears. I edge her to go on. "I think it's him," she replies worriedly. Him. I had told Rosaline about him a few days ago.

"Does Conner or dad know?"

She shakes her head no. "No, I didn't tell them."

"Good," I reply. "Don't."

Could he have really followed me all the way to California from North Carolina? Surely not.

author's note

Dun. Dun. Dun. Dun.

A mysterious text? A him? Ooh. Who could it be.

Let me hear your guesses. (:

Not to mention Jackson and Marley went on a 'date'.

Tell me what you think and tell me how evil I am for leaving such a cliffhanger. >:)

Btw, I've finished writing Frosty so my focus is on this story. And I'm totally motivated to write this story. I feel so evil and powerful being the writer.  (:< (':

With love,

.j

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 5.7K 46
One car.... Just one car could make me have the worst summer of my life. I'm Danielle. Danielle Fields, but people call me Danny. I have the most a...
2.4K 76 11
Dannie was a girl that got bullied, while her sister Paisley was living it up as the school's most popular junior. But when something happens to her...
1.4M 40.8K 49
Completed✔️ Disclaimer: I wrote this when I was 15 so it is a bit cliché, and many mistakes in the story:) All Brooklyn's life, she's been more of a...
99.4K 2.5K 41
Lindsey thought she had it all figured out. This was her last year at University and she was happily engaged. That is until she told her family. No o...