One Daunting Night

By dreamingofmars

(This story is horrifying and horrible I dearly suggest you never open in because not only is it written terr... More

Pre-face
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 41 - Mature.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 6

199K 4.3K 1.4K
By dreamingofmars

Chapter 6 – unedited (Written 26/6/2013)

*Tuesday 21st May* ~Three Weeks Pregnant~

On that same morning, Ara wakes up bright and early at 6 am sharp. Only because the alarm was on. While she groans she slams off the annoying repetitive beeping noise. The noise made her head pounding. 

Before she knew it, she was feeling sick. "I hate morning sickness. It's like PMS'ing, except it won't stop 'til nine months is up." She mutters angrily in silence. 

She pushes away the covers and runs out her door to the bathroom closest to her room – which was thankfully next door and empty. 

Closing it, she runs the tap then throws up last night's dinner into the toilet. One hand holds back her hair as the other leans on the clean toilet seat. A few strands of her hair had escaped from her hair and fell in front of her face.

Small lumps over vomit cover it. 

'Eww...' Ara mentally sighs. She'd rather go through all this than live with the guilt of killing a child – her child, even if it hasn't developed yet. So far it's a little seed – the size of a jellybean. 

She smiles while wiping her mouth. That could be the baby's nickname – jellybean. Even if she loathes jellybeans, this'll be her favourite jellybean. 

When she turns off the tap, another is being played in her Parent's bathroom. She better get ready soon to keep her parent's off her back. 

Running into her room, she slides away her closet door and picks out simple knee length shorts and a short sleeved thin white t-shirt that has a large black heart in the middle. 

It was good enough for her. She raced back to the bathroom and locks her door. 

After turning on her shower and stripping down to her underwear, she turns sideways to the mirror. Mentally counting the days in her head from the night, it was roughly 3 weeks since then. 

It was building up, very small but it was bigger than last time she's checked. Her lower abdomen was growing a bit, but it would be easy to hide. It wasn't noticeable, so if any case she has wears a bikini, it would be okay and wouldn't look like she's pregnant. 

Looking back at her shower, the shower door was fogging up. So she stripped once again and walked in. 

Feeling a little more refreshed, and glad she could wash bits of vomit stuck in her hair, she steps out with a towel wrapped around her body. 

She puts on her clothes and clean undergarments she leaves in the bathroom for emergencies. She twists a towel on her head that wraps around her hair and walks out of the bathroom like that. 

Ara would have plenty of time, since school starts at eight. All she has on her mind right now is how much she's craving for Jellybeans. 

~~~~~~~~~

Ara walks into the school front doors, eating a pack of Jellybeans in which she stole from her mother's secret stash. Taking after her father, she took a disliking to that specific candy, but right now it's probably the best thing she's ever tasted. 

Nobody looks her way, except for the 'popular' people, who are just trying to make sure she doesn't slip on her feet. They were probably going overboard with this and acting like her bodyguard, but Alpha's orders are Alpha's orders. 

And probably until they figure who the father is, they'll back down a little. 

She glares at Ara, watching her eat a pack of Jellybeans. Whenever she's at the pack house, she watches Xander occasionally munching on a few Jellybeans. 

'So...she's up too the cravings, huh? Well...that won't change a thing, I can always make sure the bitch gets a miscarriage.' She thinks, grinning mischievously. 

It was unfair, that Ara got with Xander. But she knew she really didn't. She was just upset that Xander went after Ara instead of her – leaving Ara with Xander's pup. 

It should be her in that position, she believes, it should be her being protected by all the male were's getting all the attention, carrying Xander's pup – that made her fume. 

She believes that Ara doesn't deserve that baby. She needed to get rid of it, then she and him can be together, forever. 

Ara clueless-ly passed her, not knowing what she has secretly planned – what will happen on one fateful day. It has been all planned out. Not only will she lose her baby – but also she'll suffer from major embarrassment. 

As Ara ate the last of the Jellybean pack, she nearly cried. Those were really good jellybeans, since they were specially chosen by her mother. 

Silently bidding goodbye to the Jellybean packet, she threw it into the nearest bin then moved on, walking to her locker. 

At lunchtime, she was thankful to be out of class. Mr Whiteman had nearly made her fall asleep on her desk, though the girl next to her made sure she didn't. She already thanked her, so she didn't need to do it later. 

But most of all, she was starving. Craving any food, she was just hungry – she after all is starting to eat for two people. Even if her baby is still a little jellybean. Jellybean, that made her smile. 

She walks to the cafeteria, something she hasn't done in a while, and took out spare money she always brought – well luckily did today. 

Looking over at the menu held up on the door, for today's lunch she'll be having Chicken Wrap – and how good does it sound right now. 

Unconsciously, she licks her lip in desire then quickly lines up before the line gets too long. A bottle of water and a chicken wrap will definitely satisfy her hunger. 

Adam and James join the line for food behind a certain 5'6" girl. While Adam stares at her butt, James focuses on her completely not recognizing her yet and trying to find a way to cut in so he could get through right away. 

He was James Ralf – he could make any girl melt in a puddle of delight. He was quarterback of the football team, the Golden boy and incredibly handsome. 

Tapping her shoulder Ara turns around. Adam had stopped staring at her butt and caught up with James' plan. 

"Hey, can we go in front of you?" Adam asks smoothly, throwing in a cheesy, charming grin that can make any girl's knees wobble. 

Ara drops the smile from her face. She was starving, and they were the Golden Boys. She didn't want to be tormented for the rest of her remaining high-school life if she denies, but she was starving and it was better to be in front. 

The choices were her hunger or torment for the rest of her high-school life. Jellybean was siding on hunger. 

When James realizes who he just tapped, he did his best not to make his eyes go wide. 

"Y-you know what. You can just stay in front of us." James confirms and Ara smiles, mentally thanking him for making her life easier. Even though her assumptions about torment were far from the truth. 

They moved closer in front of the line when James remembered about the bonfire happening on Sunday. It was a pack party – in fact, thinking about it now James realizes that any male at the party could probably remember her. 

James unknowingly tapped Ara's shoulder again and she turned around, doing her best to refrain from snapping at him. 

"Hey, we've got a beach bonfire party happening at the Cove on Saturday night. Why don't you come? It'll be fun, it's a few of my Dad's work friends and their families and a lot of close friends." James asks, motioning for her to move up in the line. 

Ara pauses for a second. Should she decline or not? The most popular guy in school was asking her to go to a party. How could she turn that down?

Her frown turns into a smile and nods. "That would be awesome, what time?" 

"It starts at seven. If you want to come earlier, we would arrive at 6 to set up and all." James explains, watching her smile. He didn't feel any lust or attraction to her, but more like a need to protect her – like she's important, very important. 

"Wear a bikini." Adam adds in without thinking. He winks at her, smirking as he watches her cheeks heat up. 

Lucky for Ara, she was still in the early stages of Pregnancy where her baby is still a Jellybean – she absolutely loved that word – and would be able to show off her little flat stomach. 

James sent a glare towards Adam then motioned Ara to walk forward since she was next. She moves forward and orders a bottle of water and a Chicken Wrap. 

She waved at them without thinking and left, opening her wrap and taking a bite. 

Ara loved the way it tasted, filling her empty-ish stomach. She wondered if Jellybean liked it, even though jellybean is still a jellybean. 

That made her giggle a little, her bright blue eyes widening with humour and happiness. It surely wasn't her mood swings since she's only her third week of pregnancy that made her feel so happy – a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time, especially since that night – but probably the fact that the thought of Jellybean just brought a smile on her face. 

It was her jellybean. That jellybean will soon grow bigger and she'll have to support the both of them. But right now, while two of them are in one, she has to take care of herself.

Ara walks into the library, most of her finals were completed last week and she has nothing better to do. She just finished her wrap and threw it into the nearest bin before walking in.

It was like a ghost town; around 3 or 4 students were in here, the library teacher absent from her desk but putting away books into their right places.  

Ara took a seat on a beanbag, her beg next to her. What could she do right now? Boredom consumed her. 

She got out of her seat, looking at the fiction section of the library that was not too far where from where she left her stuff.

There were varieties to choose from. Though since she spent about every lunchtime for the past two years, she's probably read more than half the library. Ara is a fast reader, finishing the Harry Potter series in 1 week. A book a day.

But that was one day on a holiday – when she had nothing better to do. Either she's a fast reader or she has lots of time on her hands.

Her fingers scrap softly against the spine of numerous books. Each of them she had read. She has read the whole shelf. Either in her high-school years or somewhere in her entire life.

That is until she comes upon a book she hasn't seen. It looked new, due to how shiny and bright the cover looks compared to the old and slightly ripped ones next to it.

'Huh. Finally, a new book.' She thinks as she pulls it out, remembering the letter of the author's last name.

She takes it into her beanbag, staring intensely at the swirls taking up a third of the cover. There was a girl's face taken up close, showing as much as emerald green eyes and firing red hair.

Ara judges the books cover than opens it. She was reading 'Prince of Wolves' by Quinn Loftis. And just the first page has her hooked.

She was just fantasizing about her own Fane. A tall black haired boy with gorgeous blue eyes taking an interest in you – if she were in Jacque's position, she'd probably faint.

Ara's eyes were glued to the pages until the librarian told them the bell was about to ring. She never borrows a book, but usually hides it in a secret place of hers – a small compartment under the non-fiction section books on the bottom shelf. 

She hid lots of things in there before, mostly just books though. So no one can borrow it when she hasn't finished. It may sound selfish and most people will go like 'why not you just borrow it?' Well the simple answer is that Ara tends to lose stuff, or misplace them easily. 

Ara quickly walks the library, hoping nobody suspects anything. 

Secretly in her head, she was fantasizing about a Fane of her own, how it would be like to have someone love you unconditionally – romantically. 

Especially when he's a yummy tall werewolf. 

Her mind wasn't only on the book she just read, but also on the bonfire. Hopefully she can wear a bikini without being suspected, it would probably only look like she's gained a little weight – and not pregnant. 

She could probably ask her Mom to help her with the bonfire, all she hopes right now is that nothing bad happens on that night. 

**********

A/N:  the day my story is being set on. Like this day is set on Tuesday, 21st Monday then the next might be Wednesday, 22nd Monday. The year's might stuff up after a while because I might use the future, but this just helps me keep my dates and time correct. 

Also no Xander perspective yet – but next chapter will be. Half Xander and half Ara. BTW; She doesn't know werewolves are real, she just sort of wish there were due to the book. 

The book is Quinn Loftis' Prince Of Wolves. I've read the entire series and it's one of my favorites (:

 © 2013, rinnyhere 

**2020 update: if you know me irl and you see this no you didn't

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 13.3K 43
I'm a monster, but in her arms, I'm a man... Aurora doesn't know what the future holds except for the fact that her mother's going to die soon and sh...
2.7M 64.2K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
4.2M 127K 63
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
35.8K 1K 46
ā› š¢šÆšž š§šžšÆšžš« š¬šžšžš§ š”š¢š¦ šœššš«šž ššš›šØš®š­ š¬šØš¦šžšØš§šž š­š”šž š°ššš² š”šž šœššš«šžš¬ ššš›šØš®š­ š²šØš® āœ āŽÆ šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚š‡ the broke...