The Legend of Maydeen: Daught...

By Mayne97

Follow Maydeen through the land of Brimble. Before It was known as Brimble, where the land is filled with hat... More

Prologue A story within a story
Maydeen and the Panther
A look into the past: Ambushed
A look into the past The Bandit leader
A look into the past Reunited with old friends
A look into the past: Erak's Home!
A look into the past Kan-ton and Maydeen, the secret behind Friendship.
A Look into the past: The beast
A look into the past: A Village once Lost
Partings, and Goodbyes
A/N

A look into the past: The curse of a Thousand Deaths

8 1 0
By Mayne97

Maydeen and Erak were walking behind Tomis's trail of dead or injured men, towards the cell that was holding the Elementalist Teron. At the end of the long hall, there it was, but something was wrong the door was open Teron was kneeling in front of a man right before he thrust his arm into her chest and pulled out the roots of life that were once keeping Teron alive. Then the vine Elementalist collapsed and the man was left holding, what was the human equivalent to her heart.

May was frozen but only for a moment, "TERON NO!" Maydeen's shriek cracked the stone walls and ceiling. The man with Teron's heart in his hands simply crumbled as his veins burst. May ran to Teron's body, Saroff was unconscious, his tail and legs were twitching but he was alive.

"Teron?" May knelt beside her friend and gathered her in her arms, "Teron? No Ter, Teron!" She was growing desperate while everything around her was shaking and collapsing, stones cracked and fell around her.

"Maydeen we need to go!" Erak had followed her he was picking up Saroff.

"I will make the little twit pay for this."Maydeen stood up her emotions and the elements no longer under control. She walked as the walls crumbled around her and shaped themselves into solid stone Elementals that followed her, interfering when those few people tried to stop her.

Then she found him, the runt of a prince, by then she nearly had an army of Elementals.

JanzMer's eyes were smug until he noticed the fire dancing up her legs and stone behind her.

"You sorry coward of a prince, you killed Teron!" Her voice was as a dragon's, and dripping with the threat of death. "Now I will do worse to you." The air began to freeze, and electricity crackled through the air.

"W..worse?" He attempted a laugh but it was stiff and choppy, "h..h ow?" The ignorant boy's voice was shaking with fear, and rightfully so.

"Did you think I was lying when I said I would tear out your heart?" She growled and walked closer, the guards tried to stop her, but to no avail the Elements got to them before they got to her.

Maydeen was close enough to see the sweat on his brow, he was just a boy but he was still as guilty as the man who tore out Teron's life. "Today is the day you die, but death will not come." Her movement was smooth as her left hand went straight through his chest to his beating heart. "I take your heart and give it to the Earth you are not worthy of living in. However you will live as long as my anger is residing in my heart, this curse of a thousand deaths will never let you find peace."

His face was pale as his hand weakly landed on her arm, until she ripped it from his chest and tossed his beating heart into the hole she summoned in the ground. He fell at the same time, Sarkayet huffed.

"Well my dear looks like Kantoe was right, you shouldn't lose control." He stated coldly as he watched JanzMer's empty chest slowly heal up, "The curse of a Thousand Deaths, never heard of it."

"That's because it didn't exist until now." May looked down at her bloody hand and inwardly shivered. I am a monster. She thought in horror.

"Miss Maydeen?" It was still Sarkayet, he hadn't run away yet.

She didn't look up "What?"

"What exactly does this curse intel?"

"I don't know I guess I will make it up as the years go," She paused, "but I do know that he will die and he will feel the pain as death takes him." Maydeen turned, the Elementals were still there, but she walked passed them to the hall "I suggest you take him and get out, this place is about to collapse."

Sarkayet looked around "Think it will stand for at least another year" he stated.

"Not after I tear it down." May grunted and as she left the Elementals began tearing apart the walls and pulling down the ceiling, then she heard it collapse as she glided back to the cell.

The hall ceiling was falling behind her as she walked, she didn't know how to get out but she didn't care she found Teron's wilting body and sat next to it as the walls fell around her.

"Teron I'm sorry I lost it again," She picked up the body once more "I'm just glad you didn't see it."

Didn't see it? What are you a half wit as much as I half-blood? Her voice rang clear in May's head.

"Teron?" Maydeen turned but no one was there, except the thick silhouette of Erak BloodAxe.

"Maydeen come on, we have to go."

"Erak? How did you survive the halls collapsing?" May's voice was thick with grief, and her eyes were leaking warm tears.

"I don't know, I guess I was protected by the Elements under your control."

"I didn't know I was able to protect anyone." May whispered looking back at her now brown friend, her flowery eyes were closed.

Erak knelt down next to Maydeen "we need to go," he said in a respectful low tone.

"I...I can't leave her here, what about Zendres she was all he had." Her voice was a whimper and she closed her eyes and at long last releasing her tears and placing her forehead on Teron's.

Erak wrapped his arm around May's shoulders and was quiet, until after the tears made puddles around her knees. "Maydeen," Erak's voice was a thin gasp. May didn't lift her head but Erak pulled her up, "Maydeen look."

Begrudgingly May opened her eyes as Teron's body was being pulled under the stone with crisp green hands. "Erak, what's happening?" She pushed herself against Erak's chest as he tightened his arm around her shoulders and slid his other arm her waist and pulled her close.

"I don't know, I thought you were doing it."

May looked at her hands "Actually I don't know," She watched as Teron was taken under the moist dirt.

"Teron I think you are, what were you thinking before this started?"

"Zendres calls Teron his Rose."

"Rose, the wild flower that never dies." Erak whispered, "May I think you just made your friend Teron immortal."

May looked back at Erak for the briefest moment until Teron's body came back up, but this one was different; her once smooth lush green vines. Now they were thick brown with thorns sticking out and a rose sprawled out over the left side of her chest, and a solid beating could be heard from within. Her face was the same and her head had thin green-brown mini vines going down her back and to her nose, with little rose buds.

"Teron?" May slid forward.

The newly revived Teron was standing looking down at her hands, her eyes were little bloomed roses. "Maydeen? What happened I...am." She turned and tried to examine the rest of her. Then her gaze locked with Maydeen's "You used magic I thou..." She was cut off as May pushed herself up and wrapped her up in a painful thorny hug.

"Teron you're alive!" Maydeen cheered as happy tears met with the others on her cheeks.

"Was I not?" Teron questioned as she gladly returned the rare hug.

"Your life roots were taken," Erak stood up and looked around and at his own arms "Maydeen you have many talents." He stated, just as the happy Panther bonded inside.

"Saroff!" May chimed and patted his head.

Erak grinned "Come let's go," he held out his hand to her and without thinking, she grabbed it with the hand that was clean of blood.

"Oh so now they're holding hands?" Teron whispered to the Panther who rubbed against her legs.

The way out, was the collapsed hall that was victim to Maydeen's wrath. Tomis was already out, he was waiting outside and he crawled towards her slowly.

"Tomis, you made it out!" The sun was shining brightly over the trees, Tomis came up and sniffed her bloodied hand, blood that wasn't her own, he growled and stepped back.

"Maydeen what happened in there?" Teron held her hand to her chest, actually the rose on her chest, "I feel different, my chest is heavy." she paused "and beating."

"The heart of JanzMer is beating in your chest." Maydeen whispered as she looked at her hand covered in the child's blood.

"Maydeen, you truly are a monster." Kan-Ton's voice cracked out as he climbed from the rubble, May turned and let go of Erak.

"Prince Kantoe, you're alive."

"You gave me your word, that you would return to the village and pay for what you've done." Kan-Ton was leaking the white blood of the plants, as May walked up to him he winced and tried to move away from her oncoming hand. "W..what are you doing?"

May's hand hovered over his head "I'm doing what a true monster wouldn't do," her hand tingled with plant magic, and Kan-Ton's injuries healed slowly. Maydeen stood and turned around heading towards the village of Oaken, the village once lost, "and I never go back on my word."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63 1 43
Is she half demon? Or is she simply a girl? Before the traveling zealots arrived, Tiff never had to ask herself those questions. She was content livi...
5 1 5
Synopsis She was Born a Slave in a barbaric and savage world. All she has is her unique thinking of asking about her life. A trait that is seemingly...
12 0 8
Fallen angels are rare. They are the rarest creatures known to exist. For an elemental to be made to people most have parents from different element...
1.1K 316 38
A dear friend has become a deadly enemy, and Winter has taken control of her ally's assassins. The renegades are left with no choice but to flee the...