A Barrel Racer

By JaynaGullic

I finally got back home from the PBR(professional barrel racer). I got out of my truck and unloaded my horse... More

chapt 1- Coming Home
Chapter 2
Chapter 3- Shifting
chapter 4- My Best friend Found Her Mate.
Question Time!!
Movie!
What Is That Amazing smell?!
Did You Call Me Pretty?
I Will Not Leave Your Side
Overprotective
Softball Game
Rapest!
Rapest(part two)
Royal Prankers
hear this.....
Aunt Caral
No PDA!
Volunteer Week(day one)
Volunteer Week (Day two)
Volunteer Day 3- (part 1)
Please read!!!2nd book!!!
Volunteer Day 3-(part 2)
Volunteer Day 4-

Because Its My Life

190 9 4
By JaynaGullic

Skylar's pov

I got dressed in my nice western black jeans and a black shirt with turquoise designs on it and fringes. I have my black boots that also has simular turquoise design. I put on my black cowgirl hat that had a silver band around it, and my turquoise, silver, and black belt that had one of my winning buckles. My buckle had a horse with a rider on it and it was going around the barrel. It had black and silver on it.

I grabbed my phone and my trick riding clothes then walked downstairs. I have to leave earlier then my family because I have to get all my things and Nightmare and Apolo loaded, and get Nightmare warmed up ready to run.

*******at the rodeo grounds******

I walked nightmare around getting ready for the national anthem.

Everyone, if you have a hat on please take it off while we bow are head and pray.

Lord, we come to you tonight, hoping you'll be with us and will making sure all our riders and watchers go home safe. In your name we pray, amen.

Please keep your hats off for the national anthem by Stacy Rean.
***
Thank you Stacy. Please give it up for Stacy Rean!

Everyone clapped and whistled.

First up, barrel racing.

"C'mon Nightmare." I click my tongue making her gallop in a circle.

"Good girl.." I cooed as I patted her neck. She nudged my shoulder with her nose and she whinied.

We walked to the opening to where we will start. I am number 5.

Number 3, Jane Taylor, and her horse bullet, will be our next barrel racers. The anouncer spoke.

She has road since before she even walked. She grew up in this small town we call home. She is fifteen years old and has been in rodeo club since her 8th grade year. The anouncer finished.

I watch as Jane went around the first barrel. She was good she did the basics, don't hold the horn, don't kick around the barrel. The one thing that really caught me was she was leaning into the turn. Which is bad, it can take the horse off balance and could get her hurt.

She came back with 14.8 seconds. Everyone congratulated her. I waited.
She came up to me.

"Good job Jane. You did really good. But will you take some of my advise?" I asked nicely.

She nodded. "When you go around a barrel you lean into the turn. You never want to do that. It slows you down, and if you lean in to far you could get hurt by taking the horse off balance. So when you go around the barrel, just keep your back straight and lean away where you give off an equal balance." She smiled and thanked me.

"Good luck." She waved and walked away.

"Thanks"

Number 5, Skylar Greene, she is 18. She has ridden since she was in diapers. Her horse is nightmare and they have been in competing in the PBR. She has won many buckles from barrel racing, broncs, bulldoging, roping, you name it she probably did it. She is also one of our towns trickriders. Good luck Skylar.

I got ready, I took a deep breath in and a deep breathe out.

"Let's go!!" I yelled kicking nightmare. I rounded the first barrel with 4 seconds on the clock.

I then rounded the second barrel with complete ease.

"C'mon! Let go girl!" I coached.

Rounding the last barrel.

"Let's go home." I whispered to myself. I do that every time when I round the last barrel. My mother always did it and now I do it.

And she finished with 12.9 seconds! That time will be hard to beat! Way to go Skylar!

Next up we got number 6, Stacy Rean, she is 18 years old. She is also one of our small town cowgirls. She been ride'n since she was 1 years old. Her and Skylar had been friends since the age of 2. Stacy has been was in the PBR with Skylar. She does broncs, roping,trick riding, and bulldoging with her partner Skylar.
Please give it up for Stacy and her horse, Spirit. The anouncer spoke.

I yelled and cheered for Stacy. She rounded the first barrel with 5 seconds on the clock.

"C'mon Stacy! You can do it!!" I cheered for her.

She got done with 13.1 seconds. Everyone congratulated her. I waited for to get done. "Good job girl!" I congratulated her. "Thanks. But you are most likely going to win." She told me. "Let's go take care of our horses."

****

Now it's time for the bulldoging. First up we have Trevor Barr and his partner David Stanly. Good luck boys.

I watched as the boys started. Trevor pulled him down with a bit of struggle. He was done with 16.8 seconds. They came back.

Next up we have Jackson Hunter and Daniel Pinter. These boys been doing this since they're 12 to 13 years old. They have never been beat but once. Good luck boys.

I never liked Jackson he was always a player. He is the footballs star quarterback. And, sadly to say, he is a werewolf.

They got done with 15.7 seconds. We can do better.

Next up, is Skylar Greene and Stacy Rean. These two girls started doing this at the age 12. They're fastest time is 15.2. Let's see if they can do better.

We nodded to the guy at the shoot.

I grabbed the steer and let myself fall off my horse. I pulled it down with ease. I stood up and looked at the clock, 14.3 seconds. We broke our record and we beat Jackson and Daniel.

I walked out of the pin and waited to get my horse.

"Good job, Skylar. But we all know it was just luck." I turned around to see Jackson. "Yeah just like last, huh?" I smiled. "Even if it was, it doesn't matter. It is just simply a winning. I just do it for the fun of it."

"If it was up to me I would make sure girls weren't aloud to do anything but the trick riding and the barrel racing." He spit out.

"Well its a good thing that you're not in charge." I spat back.

"Here's you horse ma'am." The helper gave me Nightmare.

"Thank you, sir." I grabbed nightmare's bridle and walked off. To get my trick riding horse and Apolo, and get free see for it.

***
I got Apolo tacked up and ready. I was wearing a white shirt and jeans. The shirt had fringes on the shoulders and the chest pockets. I have my pure white hat and my white boots.

I climbed onto Apolo. Apolo is a black and white paint horse with blue eyes.

I waited for Stacy and her trick riding horse Black Cloud.

Black Cloud and Apolo are brothers. They're actually twins. The only way we can tell them apart is Black Cloud has one black hoof. We walked to the arena and waited for us to be anounced.

Now, give it up for Skylar Greene and Stacy Rean and their trick riding horses, Apolo and Black Cloud. The two horse are twins.

We ran out opposite ways by the fence.

We both stood up on our saddles and let go of the reigns. The horses kept a steady gallop I slowly stepped on the saddle horn and balance myself. I stayed lime that for a few seconds before going back to standing. The crowd cheered.

I kept my stance to keep up the crowds anticipation. I jumped but landed on my feet holding onto the saddle horn. I was running with the horse once I got enough speed I jumped again and landed on the other side and did the same thing.

I got back on the saddle. I turned where I was facing backwards on the horse. I stood up and slowly got into a handstand. Bending my arms with the rhythm of the horses speed. I slowly lifted one hand still bending my arm with the rhythm of the horses speed. I carefully got ready to do my last trick.

I am now standing up on the saddle. The trick I am getting ready to do is one of my new moves. I sat down. "Ready boy?" I asked Apolo. I took my boots out of the stirrups and slowly started to slide sideways. I slid completely under the horse, my feet now in the stirrups by the time I get completely under. I let my arms hang. After about a minute or two I made my way back up. I smiled and waved while exiting the arena.

Give it up for those two lovely girls! Fantastic job ladies. Next event bull riding.

"Wow, that was amazing Skylar!! Was that a new trick?" Stacy asked in awe.

"Yeah. I saw you had a new trick too."

"Yeah I did." She did a did a back bend and then back flipped off of Black Cloud.

*****

Trevor's pov

Give it up for those two lovely girls! Fantastic job ladies. Next event, bull riding.

I got my padding on. I grabbed my helmet and got in the shoot. I was riding a bull called Death Wish.

Riding the bull Death Wish is Trevor Barr. Good luck Trevor, your gonna need it.

I nodded my head at the gate opener, telling him I was ready. He pulled it open and the bull went to buckin'. I held on as much as I could.

The buzzer went off telling me I was done. I slid off landing on my feet. I ran to the fence. I waved my hat around and cheered.

I walked toward my truck. "Trevor!!" A really high pitched voice screamed. I turned around to see my 15 years old cousin. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

"You did really good."she told me.

"Thanks Lea."

Lea is 15 years old and she has natural dirty blonde hair and perfect white teeth. She is 5'5. She has green eyes and tan skin.

"Hey I have to go. I'll see you around." She said.

"Okay, bye." I let go of her and walked back to my truck.

****

Skylar's pov

Getting ready for bronc riding, now. This is one of my most dangerous events.

Once I got my gear on I started walking to the arena.

"Hey, can I get an autograph?" I heard a girl say. I turned around and smiled. The girl who asked looked around 15 years old and has dirty blonde hair with green eyes. She looks about 5'5-5'6. And tan skin. I can also tell she's a werewolf by her sent.

"Sure." She handed me a sharpie and a note book. "Who is this too?"

"Lea, Lea Barr." I nodded.

"Are you in any way related to Trevor Barr?" I asked. She nodded her head and smiled. I smiled and handed it back to her. She thanked me and walked off.

I continued walking to the arena.

Give him a hand folks. Next event is bronc riding.

I got my number and went over to the pins. I was number 2. I got on the horse I would be riding.

Here is one of our toughest female riders, Skylar Greene she has gotten 2nd place twice and 1st place four times. What will she make now? Skylar is riding Rabbit. He may not sound dangerous but once you see him buck. You'll understand why he's called Rabbit.

I nodded my heard at the opener and he nodded back. He let it open and Rabit began to buck nonstop.

Look at her go folks! The anouncer yelled.

Errrrrrrrr!!!!!

The buzzer went off I waited for the riders to help. They grabbed me by my waist and pulled me off. I jumped up and down once I heard my scores.

Skylar got a 9.8,9.9,and a 10!! Congratulations Skylar! (The scores are between 1 and 10)

***
Last but not least roping.

Going first is Skylar Greeneand Stacy Rean.

I nodded at the person at the shoot. He let the calf go. We chased after it Stacy swung the rope and it landed perfectly on the front hoof. I swung and got the back hooves. Our time was 11.9 seconds.

*****

I walked out of the arena smiling.

I put everything up and walked to the arenas stands. I looked for my father and aunt Caral.

I walked up the stairs once I found them. I sat by Aunt Caral.

"Why?! Why do you do that crazy and dangerous stuff?!" She practically yelled.

"Because it's my life." I smiled at her.

*****
Now to give out the awards. Barrel racing awards. Third Jane Taylor.

The crowd cheered as she stepped forward. I looked into the crowd and saw woman standing while crying with pride.

Second place is Stacy Rean.

She stepped forward and took the buckle with with a smile.

And first place is your own Skylar Greene.

I steped forward and grabbed my backle, medal, and money. I smiled. We made our way out of the arena. We took a picture for the news paper.

"You did amazing Jane. Just remember what I told you and you'll be better then me one day." I smiled. She nodded her head and walked up to the woman that was in the stands.

Now for the bulldoging.

3rd place.. Dan Ford and Zack Brown.

2nd place.. Jackson Hunter and Daniel Pinter.

First place... SKYLAR GREENE AND STACY REAN!!!!

We stepped forward and took our awards.

For bull riding.

3rd place... Steve Jr.

2nd place... Jackson Hunter.

1st place... goes to Trevor Barr!

I cheered and yelled.

Roping.

3rd place... Jackson Hunter and Daniel.

2nd place... Stacy Rean and Skylar Greene.

1st place.... Steve Jr. and Trevor Barr.

Congratulations everyone!

******

Hey guys, what did you think? This chapter is 2,349 words.

Quote: I am CONFIDEINT, because I can ADMIT who I am, what I've done,and LOVE myself for who I've become.

-Jay♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 1.8K 59
There once was a girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good she was very, very good, but when she was bad...
2.9K 355 34
Riley's P.O.V I'm starting my first day of my senior year today. I'm 17, moved 46 times, and I have to keep my head down because of my dad's mistake...
3.2K 46 14
Alex is a 17 year old barrel racer who is moving into a new home away from everything she knew. Even tho the move is hard, she puts her focus i...
537K 17.8K 60
A horse ranch. That's where I lived at least. I know, not very exciting to those of you who don't care for this life or think it's all about work. Bu...