Departure Lounge (Completed)

Por YolieB

"Life is made up of years that mean nothing and moments that mean it all." (unknown) When Claire makes her ch... Más

Chance Meeting
Promise me
Waking up
Decisions
One Step at a Time...
Welcome to Motherhood
Time to go Home...
Introductions...
Memories
Tell me what you Need
A-note: Just an Update
Where to go from here..
Sunday Dinner
He's Back...
New Developements pt 1
New Developments pt2
No turning back
Afternoon Delights
Living with Mom
Cat's out of the Bag
Unfit Lifestyle
Broken Promises
Betrayed
Reality Strikes
Winter is here
Moving On
Family Vacay
In memory of...
Champagne at Sunset
Unexpected Boat ride
Secrets,Lies, and Deceit
Counter-Offer
Be Happy...
A Changed Life
AN: What's Next

A work of Art

2.2K 121 3
Por YolieB

After putting on the dress Michel sent over me it dawned on me that I really shouldn't be going to this opening, moreover with Marc but now it was too late.
While waiting patiently for the elevator to arrive at the foyer I took an appreciative glance of myself in the reflection of elevator doors. This dress was a simple ivory pencil dress with a high square neck line but a low V-cut in the back, simple and elegant, topped of with a a nice pair of Jimmy Choo of the same colour. All in all I was quite pleased with Michel's selection, simple and elegant; I will have to remember to thank him. The elevator announced that we've arrived at the lobby; before the doors fully opened I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the rest of this evening.

On the way to the gallery Marc sat talking on his phone the entire, I tried to let it bother me as it shouldn't we're not together nor is this a date. However, the mere fact I did not want to be here in the first place and he forced me to accede to his request and now he just sits there talking into his Bluetooth piece. Finally, we arrived and I wasted no time in exiting making my way towards the entrance of the gallery.

"Claire! Wait up." Marc jolted me to an abrupt stop,

"I'm sorry that call took too long I tried to end it as quickly as I could."

"Don't worry about it, let us just get on with the evening." He simply nodded his head and held out his arm for me to take it, with a forced smile I accepted and continued forward. Our arrival together did turn some heads and I am sure that tomorrow there will be a photo or two in the tabloids.

The gallery floor itself was amazing, a large open floor with marble tiles and columns the art work was display along the floor walls along with a few that hung from the ceiling creating the image of a floating cube. The room was quite alive with chatter and avid art lovers fawning over the various pieces of art.

"Nate really outdid himself, huh?" Marc whispered a little too close for my liking, the last thing I need is people around to start making assumptions so I increased our proximity. Then with a sudden realization I took in what Marc just said,

"What?" I grabbed his arm to divert his attention back to me. "What did you just say?"

"Nate, its his gallery, his opening. I thought you knew, in fact I'm sure you did."

"Yes, you're right I do remember that he was working on opening an art gallery, I just hadn't realised this was the one."

"Let me get you a glass of champagne."

"No, I'll have a scotch." Marc raised an eyebrow at my odd request but didn't question it. If I was going to see Nate tonight, worse being here with Marc will not go over well. Marc returned with my drink but didn't stay long as apparently he met up with an old college buddy at the bar. He wanted me to join him but I declined using the excuse that I would like to have a walk around the gallery.

Slowly making my way around I took time to appreciate each piece, I didn't have much experience in art except for the one art history course I had in University. With the little I knew I was able to identify that some pieces were avant-garde or carried a Gothic style, there were two pieces I found very artistic and colourful that I thought would look lovely in my office, so I arranged to purchase both as they were actually a series.

"Simply stunning, its unusual to see photography mixed in with such a opening but I absolutely love these pieces, what do you think?" I wasn't aware that the person was indeed asking me the question until I felt a slight tap, turning around to find a silver-haired man smiling at me, "So what do you think?" he asked again this time gesturing towards the display hanging from the ceiling. Following the path of his hands I examined the pieces properly, firstly there were a series black and white photographs; a total of two cubes dangling in the centre. One cube had a collection of landscapes while the other portraits. Despite the fact they were suspended from the ceiling as if they were chandeliers, that isn't what halted my breathing. They were mine. These were photos I had taken so long ago I had even forgotten about them. I was so stunned that I hadn't realised when the silver-haired man left nor did I take notice of the persons who came and went, I simply just stood there in awe.

"I hope you don't mind." His voice washed over me like warm embrace. Without removing my eyes from photographs I responded,

"I had no idea you kept them after all these years and actually placed them in gallery." Turning to face him now, I hadn't realised he was standing so close but made no attempt to move away.

"You hate it?" disappointment flashed in his eyes

"No I don't hate it, I just never thought of myself as photographer much less having my photos hung up in a gallery."

"I always said you should open your gallery, you're a brilliant photographer and now others can see that." Glancing back to the display I nodded and I felt my lips tilting up into a smile.

"Thank you."

"Claire! There you are, I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Really? As I recall you've been drinking with your college buddy at the bar, for what the last hour." Admittedly I was a little put off even if it wasn't a date but he could have a little decency we did come here together. "Now if you'll excuse me I will take my leave. The gallery is beautiful Nate and I'm honoured to have my work displayed here."

"Wait Claire, we haven't even gotten a chance to talk yet."

"There isn't anything to say Marc, I accepted the invitation only to..." I threw Nate a cautionary glance this was nothing I wanted to do public much less with Nate standing right there watching the exchange. "Forgive me, I didn't mean to give you false hope but I can't give you what you want." Not wanting to prolong this conversation I walked as quickly as I could through the hall, I just managed to make it outside when someone called my name.

"Ms. Romanos?" Noticing it was security guard I stopped concerned that something was wrong.

"Yes?"

"I've been asked to detain you."

"Excuse me! Who gave you such an order I haven't done a single thing." Detain me, this man must be insane.

"Miss..." he started as I began to turn around.

"It's fine I can take it from here." Nate sauntered around the security guard and stopped directly in front of me. "Let me take you home."

"Don't bother yourself, I will be fine Nathaniel." It seems now that I was no longer entranced by my photographs or memory lane with Nate I remembered why I was angry with him.

"I wasn't giving you a choice, Claire. So stop being so stubborn and let me take you home."

"Let go of me!"

"No." He kept pulling me towards the car.

"Seriously, this is ridiculous Nate."

"Claire!" Marc shouted from somewhere behind us, this night just keeps getting better and better. "Thanks Nate man but I'll see to it that she gets home ok."

"That's fine, I've got her." Nate replied and began to pull me forward again.

"It wasn't an offer Nate, I am taking her home, so how about you just hand her over and you can go back to your guests." I couldn't believe the way they were talking about me as if I wasn't a human being standing right there. Feeling very annoyed at the level of arrogance from both these males I made an attempt to flee again but with no avail as Nate's grip tightened on my wrist-it wasn't painful but its message was clear.

"She is no longer your responsibility Marc, you've lost that privilege."

"Oh? And what you think you can just step in and take what's mine?" I was about to rebut Marc's statement but Nate beat me to it,

"She does not belong me or you for that matter, Lexi are friends and were long before you and she ever existed; therefore I will always look out for her best interests." My heart warmed at his words but also a part of me felt slightly sad that he hadn't claimed me as his own.

"I knew it, something just wasn't right." At first he was mumbling to himself, "So this is how it's going to be?" Marc was looking at me now as he spoke, "You leave the groom for the best man, how long have you been doing this behind my back." His voice now clear and angry.

"What?! Marc no, I promised nothing happened between Nate and I. He had nothing to do with what happened with us."

"Bullshit!I don't believe a word you say, you're nothing but a lying wh..." Before he could finish his sentence Nate punch him the sudden impact causing him to fall to the ground.

"Nate! What..." I dropped down to the ground to see if Marc was fine, "You shouldn't have hit him Nate."

"You're condoning his behaviour!" he snapped at me.

"Of course not, but now you're no better than him." Marc was slowing coming back to consciousness groaning as he tried to open his already swollen eye. "This looks pretty bad maybe we should take him to the ER?"

"He will be fine." Brushed off my concern for Marc.

"We can't just leave him here Nate, I am not that cruel and neither are you so help me get him up and then we take him home." The sag in his shoulders told me that I won this fight. It didn't take us too long to get Marc home and settle into bed, the entire ride he was in and out of consciousness and it made me wonder how angry Nate must have been to have hit him so hard. Before leaving Marc's flat I left a bottle of water and two aspirins for him to take in the morning.

"I still can't believe you hit him,"

"He deserved it and I would gladly do it again." I grabbed Nate's upper arm and turned him to face me.

"I am thankful that you came to my rescue Nate, really I am but I don't want you to go around every asshole out there that says something mean to me, okay?"

"So you admit he was an asshole." Nate replied seemingly ignoring the rest of my statement.

"Nate..."

"Okay Lexi, no more punches."

The car pulled up in front of family home as I had arranged for the girls to be taken her tonight instead home with a stranger my mother had graciously agreed to babysit.
Being the gentleman he is Nate got out as well and accompanied me to the door.

"Thanks again." I smiled at him. Slowly raising his right hand to my cheek he began gently stroking it, the sensation causing the nerve-wracking tingles throughout my body. One touch, that's all it took for it to feel as though my legs have become like gelatine. My eyes involuntarily fluttered closed as my body swayed forward, I felt when he took a step forward reducing the space between us. This was unbearable his warm, minty breath fanned across my face and moreover having body now flush against mine,

"Nate?" I spoke without opening my eyes.

"Hmmm..." was his only response.

"Do you plan on putting me out of my misery any time soon?" Hearing his light chuckle made me smile, immediately I felt the light brush of his lips against mine before the porch lights began to blink on and off.

"My dad hasn't done that in ages," I giggled "I guess he didn't need to since..." Then the realisation hit me hard and fast, if my dad was messing with the lights then he obviously knows what I'm doing and who I'm doing it with. This night just keeps getting better and better, "Crap!"

A/N

I know keeping you guys waiting isnt fun, Sorry!! I wrote this but wasnt quite sure about it (still not quite sure) but i posted it in any case, it is unedited so pardon any mistakes. I also attached a pic of the dress I had in mind for her Leave any comments for suggestions,Im looking into redesign my cast.Vote if you like it.

And thanks for reading xoxox

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

35 1 10
Natalie Nobles is stuck. She thought she'd be settled in life with a career she loved by the time she turned 34. Instead, she was back in college, li...
42.1K 1.9K 40
Cole the Not So Stereotypical Jock Being the most popular guy that girls all want to be with and all guys want to be should make you feel on top of t...
438K 28.5K 40
Logan and his bandmates had just finished with their concert and were on their way to the next location when they were in a horrible accident. Logan'...