Teiko's basketball III: Three...

By BlackfeatherC

Teiko's basketball #3 The trio face their final year at Teiko middle school. They walk forward with their sig... More

Foreword
Who's who
The beginning
The new members
Elections
Akira's little admirer
First session
Satsuki's request
Three mysteries
Article
Colours of a rainbow
The black haired boys
The swap
Shock treatment
The challenge
Appraisals
Yukiji's quarter
Mayu's quarter
Second half
Today's fortune
Sagittarius and Kuroh
The emperor and the cat
10 reasons why not to date a yandere
Cold metal
Traffic rules
Two blondes and a proposal
End of the day
Pep talk
Speech
Ghosts of the past
Video game: Day #1
Video game: Day #2
Video game: Day #3
Health awareness
Kise's masterpiece
Frogs and bees
New girl?
Three life lessons
Passion for sport
Responsibility
Reasons
Forfeit
Revisions
Crane thieves
Locked
Author's note: Christmas requests
Request: A.U: Mistletoe (for @lonelay) (ships)
Eat off
Mix-ups
Confusion
Preaching
The second quarter
A little time
Third quarter
Questions
Akashi Seijuro
The dance of the point guards
A confession
The twins
Injury
The vow
Epilouge
Acknowledgements and sequel!

Sides

469 24 2
By BlackfeatherC

"I'm scared," said Akira.

"You're going to have to deal with it," pointed out Yukiji.

"No one asked you to fill Kise-kun's shoes with whipped cream," said Sora, "I guess you'll have to take whatever's coming."

"Whose side are you on? And p.s; how come you guys are so calm? You can't afford to be lax you know. What if they try to prank you too?"

"I'd like to see them try..." said Sora wistfully.

"You don't have to be scary either," said Akira with a facepalm.

"We're open to the possibility," assured Yukiji.

"Guys, guys, calm down. We're out here in the midst of nature and all you can think about is this?" muttered Sora.

The much-awaited training camp had finally begun. They had come to their usual retreat, the mountains, again. The teams were having the first evening off and they were either resting in their rooms or loitering about. Sora was sharing a room with Miyu who had gone out to meet her twin. Akira and Yukiji were giving her company and discussing about strategies. Sora heard a knock on the door. "Come in," she called out. Satsuki entered the room. Like last year, she was sharing with the girls' team. Satsuki seemed to be in a state of distress and was wringing her hand. Sora frowned. "What's wrong?"

Satsuki immediately began to sob dramatically. "Why don't you take a seat?" said Sora carefully. Satsuki sniffed and sat down. "I'm in a conflict, Sora-chan..." she said.

"Aren't we all?" said Yukiji.

Sora nodded. "I can't even think of the last peaceful evening I had..."

"Wouldn't that be last July... No... March. Hell, I can't remember," said Akira ruefully.

"I can't decide whose side I am on!" interrupted Satsuki loudly.

Sora blinked. "Beg pardon?"

"It's like this" began Satsuki, "You and the guys have challenged each other, right?"

"War!" said Akira raising her hand while Yukiji pulled it down again.

"Yeah," said Sora, "In the more meager, petty sense of the word... For whatever it counts..."

"You see, I'm the manager of the guys' team. So perhaps I should be supporting them..."

"But?" said Akira.

"Hey, I love you guys. Girl power!" said Satsuki raising her hand weakly, "I have no idea what to do..."

"I'm not sure myself..." said Sora ruefully.

"You're recruited!" said Akira holding out her hand.

"Shouldn't we clear this out with them first?" said Sora, "I mean, we can't exactly steal their manager."

"Satsuki is our friend!" said Akira.

"Aren't we all friends here?" pointed out Yukiji.

"Yeah..." admitted Akira.

"What now?" demanded Satsuki.

"We'll go clear it with them," said Sora.

"You will?"

"I'm coming too. Don't worry Suki-chan. They're arrogant nut-heads. They won't admit they need you anyway," said Akira, "Yuki-san, pass the weapon."

"Here," said Yukiji with a laugh, throwing a small scale at Akira.

"Way to go," said Sora with a laugh, "No clearer message that you 'rule'."

"Sora-chan, that was really lame."

The girls headed down to the lobby. Sora was praying that they would be there and they wouldn't need to go and hunt them down. But luck wasn't on their side that day. Only Kise was present. He was flicking through a journal and he glanced at them and simply continued to read with a small 'huff'. Sora prepared herself for a long battle.

"Looks like he's still mad," said Akira.

"Yeah."

"Okay, now I'm regretting the whipped cream just a tiny little bit."

"There's nothing to be done now," said Sora making her way towards Kise. Kise gave them another glance and then kept looking at his journal. Sora cleared her throat. Kise turned the page.

"Umm, Kise-kun?"

Kise still didn't reply. "Look, I know it's probably too late for us to apologize. But we really need to talk," said Sora patiently, "If it makes you feel any better, it's not in our interest..."

"I don't converse with mean people..." said Kise turning another page even though his eye didn't seem to leave the first line.

Sora took a deep breath. "Kise-kun, please..."

"Quit acting like a kid and will you just..." began Akira.

"Sshh..." cautioned Sora.

"Oh, so now I'm the kid," demanded Kise casting down his journal to glare at her.

"Actually, you both are," said Sora sounding tired.

Kise turned to glare at her. "You know, Soracchi, I wouldn't be asking favours in this situation..."

Sora looked like she'd been hit. "Excuse me... Listen, I just need to talk. With any of your teammates... Please, will you stop trying to ignore me."

Kise had flopped back into the couch and continued his façade. "Sora-chan, perhaps we should go..." said Satsuki in a disappointed voice.

"No kidding. We'll come back when he can see sense again," said Akira. Kise simply made a 'tch' sound. Sora sighed and sat down on one of the adjacent chairs. She wanted one last try. Akira had already lead Satsuki away. Sora could have sworn she had seen a flash of green hair at the door. Looked like they were going to hunt down Midorima. Sora prayed that they would have better luck with him. If they could track him down. But the 'bird in the hand' proverb said otherwise.

"Nae, are you really that mad..." ventured Sora again.

"Excuse me," interrupted someone from behind.

"Yes?" inquired Sora turning around.

She saw some of the other players from the boys' team who she wasn't that familiar with. "Royuta seems to be especially tetchy today," said one of them, "Look I'm really sorry but someone seemed to have scr*wed with him somehow..." Sora swallowed.

"Anyway," he continued, "Now's not the time. If you really don't mind me saying that is..."

"I'm not a fangirl," assured Sora.

"Isn't that what they all say..." said another. Sora frowned when she heard Kise snicker from behind his magazine.

"You know what, I give up," said Sora, "Could any of you do me a favour?"

"Depends..." said the boy.

"Do you still think I'm a fangirl?" demanded Sora.

"You were wheedling with Ryouta..." said the guy.

"What do you all think?" yelled Sora, "He isn't even that handsome!"

Kise gave a visible jerk behind his journal and the three boys began to laugh. "Okay, I like your nerve. What do you want me to do?" he said.

"Can I speak to someone from the first string? Anyone will do really..."

"Who do you want us to call?"

Sora gave it a bit of thought. Since it was a matter concerning the whole team, it would probably be best to consult the captain. Sora sighed. "Could you by chance call Akashi Seijuro?"

The three guys exchanged glances. "Hey, hey... You'd have better luck with Ryouta here..."

"Could you just tell him I called?"

"You know, that guy wouldn't just come like a lamb if any of us went to him. He simply refuses to be 'summoned' or whatever. What's your name anyway? I think I know you..."

"Himeji Sora. Just tell him the captain of the girls' team called."

"Oh. Explains a lot... Wait."

"What?"

"Never mind. Listen, why don't you look for him yourself?"

"Do you think I can go hunting for him in your dorm?" demanded Sora, "And this idiot refuses to help," said Sora shooting a glare at Kise who simply turned another page with a small smile.

"He won't come if we call."

"Look," said Sora patiently, "I know he is somewhat sadistic... Okay, he seems like an evil jerk," she corrected when the guy scoffed. "But he isn't entirely unreasonable you know..."

"Oh really?" he said raising his eyebrows.

"In a manner of speaking."

"Besides, how do I know you even know him? You might be one of those girls. And then he'll bite my head off..."

"What the hell?" cried Sora.

"Describe him then. Tell me what you know of Akashi? Not his appeareance..."

"He's the guy who enjoys doing ankle break on someone who annoys him. He expects everyone around him to 'obey' him" said Sora and then she snapped, "He is a class one jerk for making me bargain with you lot. He is apparently your 'supreme commander' or whatever term you want to use right now since you seem to live for his approval... Plus he manages a team full of idiots whose ego is as swollen as his."

"Then tell me one more thing..." said the guy with a small laugh.

"Okay..." said Sora suspiciously.

"Why is he letting you bargain with me when he's sitting at the table behind?"

Sora leapt up and turned with in a frenzy. Sure enough, Akashi had set up his shogi board and was arranging his pieces in the table behind. Sora glared at the boy who held up his hand. "Sorry, he gestured for me to keep quiet..." he said sheepishly.

Sora cast one last glare at Kise who was positively shaking and went towards the table. Akashi looked up at her and his mouth twitched. "Care for a game?"

"Eh? It looked like you were already playing, so I assumed..." said Sora acidly, glancing at Kise who had set aside his book and was now laughing openly. Akashi followed her gaze. "If you've come to lecture me about my teammates' manners, another day madam."

"On the contrary, I need to ask you something."

"Since when did you become materialistic, Sora?"

"Okay, that's it!" said Sora making a move to get up.

"Sit," said Akashi gripping her wrist, "Play with me."

"You know, I might have things to do."

"I insist. Might I remind that you were the one asking for a favour."

Sora ground her teeth and sat down. She adjusted the pieces and then looked up sharply. "Since when were you here?"

"I had entered a few minutes ago when you were talking to three of my teammates, I heard you say my name and I assumed you wanted to speak to me. But then I heard you say 'sadistic evil jerk' and reconsidered my opinion. Do you have anything to say?"

"Yeah..." said Sora, "I thank the Lord I don't have to repeat myself."

"I see..." said Akashi frigidly, his hand freezing over a piece he was thinking of moving. Sora noticed and sighed. "Seijuro?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm really sorry... I shouldn't have said that. I just lost my patience," admitted Sora.

"If that is so... Then I'm sorry for my actions too..." said Akashi, still sounding a bit unsure.

"You have to start the game," said Sora.

"You wanted to ask me something..."

"Afterwards."

Both of them played in relative peace for a short while. Sora's mind was not really in the game and it ended up being a short one. "You won... I guess it's nearly time for dinner. I'll go find the others," said Sora who had abandoned any idea of actually asking him about Satsuki.

"You wanted to talk to me," reminded Akashi again.

"Never mind," said Sora with a shrug.

"I'd rather know," said Akashi, "Besides you played. You kept up your end of the bargain, so I'll keep up mine."

"It's about Satsuki..." said Sora hesitantly.

"Yes?"

"She wants to know who she is to side with in the upcoming match," choked out Sora.

Akashi smiled. "So that is all..."

"Please, it's actually important to her..."

"Tell her she is free to do whatever she pleases."

"But the team..."

"We're going to win anyway, Sora."

Sora flinched but she decided to let it pass this time. "So you don't really..."

"Yes. I leave the decision to her. But if you're building up false hopes..."

"Shall we leave the teams' state of mind to their respective captains..." interrupted Sora.

"Eh..." said Akashi sitting up, "Is the captain actually willing to bet on her team..."

"That remains to be seen. I'll see you."

Akashi nodded. "Run before I decide to escort you to dinner."

Sora slipped away thankfully and went back to the dorm. She found Yuikiji inside the room. It looked like Akira and Satsuki still hadn't returned.

"Well?" said Yukiji.

"She's with us," said Sora flopping down.

"Why do you say that like it's a huge achievement? They wouldn't need her anyway..."

"Quiet. You have no idea what I just went through."

A/N: God, this has to be the longest chapter in the entire series as of now. Hope this continues... Sorry for the gaps and irregular updates, folks. But then again, that is what life is. See ya'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.2K 820 16
One summer afternoon in Teikou Academy's court, the first string regular members is preparing for their practice match against the second and third s...
245K 6.4K 33
Crownless Queen (Kuroko no Basuke fanfic) Meet Kuroko Tetsumi, The former manager of Crownless General, Kuroko Tetsuya's Twin sister, and Best friend...
370K 8.9K 47
Juri Kurosawa was known as the quiet chubby girl of Teiko Middle School, even though she was close with the strongest basketball team within schools...
12.1K 236 12
On your 2nd year anniversary of dating Kuroko Tetsuya, he finally decided to introduce you to his teammates and the Generation of Miracles as his gir...