Temporarily His

By lalamusicisme

He needed a wife for his company, she needed money for her family. "Blaze the last thing I want you to do bef... More

Temporarily His
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39*END*
Chapter 40*Epilogue*
Chapter 41*Bonus*
Deleted Scenes + More

Chapter 16

440K 7.3K 779
By lalamusicisme

Comment and vote

I hate the way your making me act around your friends,
And the way you keep saying you won't let me in.
Now I'm starving for your attention.
While your begging for my affection.

And my habit of crawling in your bed at night,
Is leading you to thinking that this is for life.

Artist: Ghost Town

Song:Voodoo

Sage’s Pov.

“Okay, okay let’s stop picking on my boyfriend.” I laughed wrapping my arms around Blaze’s neck. He seemed to tense up and then relax. It was weird but I didn’t question it, Blaze was not someone who was easy to read or figure out. I won’t lie I sniffed him, and his apple scent mesmerized me. Now that I think about it, I’ve been with Blaze for about two and a half months now. And I still barely answer any of my questions. I was going to get it out of him somehow though.

It was about nine o’clock at night and I knew if Blaze didn’t get to sleep now then he’d be cranky tomorrow. He’s like an infant, without enough sleep they’ll whine and cry; or in his case nag. I got up out of my chair pulling Blaze along with me.

“Well we’re going to go to sleep, because Blaze has to work tomorrow and I have school. So night.” I called out before closing the bedroom door behind us. I turned around to catch Blaze giving me an odd look. I just shrugged it off and headed to the closet to change my clothes. Once I was in my nightclothes, which consisted of a tank top and booty shorts, I made my way over to the bed. I wasn’t trying to seem slutty but this was a particularly hot day in California, I mean worse than usual.

I hopped on to the bed and turned to my side ready to pass out into dreamland, but Blaze was still standing there in deep thought.

“Is everything alright Blaze? Are you feeling sick again,” a slight panic etched onto my voice because I was hoping the sickness wasn’t coming back.

“No, I’m fine. I was just thinking about something.” He replied shaking his head a little, letting his black as night hair ruffle. He pulled off his shirt and all I could do was stare in amazement. His nice tan chest wasn’t over done, but he was still skinny. His abs looked like he didn’t work at them, as if they were there naturally; if that’s possible. Then I remember the scar, the one I saw when my little brother had spent the night. It was one of the questions on my checklist so I thought now would be the best time to ask while he was in a good mood.

“Where’d you get that scar on your back?” I reached out and traced it. He shivered and backed away from my touch. I looked up and he was looking in my eyes debating if he should tell me or not.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” he mumbled getting into the bed all the way and turning on his side, away from me.

I huffed frustrated, “Well I’m tired of you not wanting to talk about anything!” I pushed his back a little, and of course my little weak push did nothing, but he didn’t budge really.

“Sage, we’re not in a real relationship. It doesn’t matter how I got it and you don’t need to know.” He grumbled pulling the cover on his body.

“Yeah you’re right.” I told him sarcastically. I got up from the bed and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?” He asked, his green eyes staring me down, narrowed.

“Going to talk to someone who actually listens to me” I answered and opened the door.

“Sage come back here,” he growled. I looked back in disbelief; he wasn’t going to control me if that’s what he thought.

“You know, you can’t be a dick to people and then expect them to do what you want,” I remarked and walked out the door to see Zac lounging on the couch.

“Zac,” I called out and his head snapped over to my sad ones. He looked at me concerned and then patted a spot next to him. Even though Zac is a man-whore, he was the sweetest person I knew, and would always help a friend, that’s why he was the perfect person to talk to about his best friend.

“I know Blaze isn’t too fond of me prying but I want to be his friend. I want to know things about him but he blocks me out every time.” I whined, pouting at him.

“Well little one Blaze is the type to not let anyone in; it’s how he is since we were younger.”

I sighed and relaxed myself into the couch, sleepy.

“Sage you like him don’t you?” Zac asked in a voice that wasn’t teasing, he said it so softly I wasn’t sure if I heard right. I blinked a couple of times before answering him, debating if I should say anything.

“A little bit. I don’t understand how I could like someone so bitter to the world, and so quick to shut me out. I don’t know why I like someone as cold as him. But it’s fine, like all my crushes I’ll get over him.” I smiled and turned over in fetus position falling asleep.

I felt someone pick me up, and it had to be hours later, I don’t know I’ve been sleep.  I’m assuming they took me to Blaze’s room and sat me down on the bed. Someone kissed my forehead and whispered, “I’m sorry.” I felt it had to be Blaze because only he could manage to bring my heart to such an acceleration, and make my skin tingle.

He walked around back to his spot and pulled me to his chest, something he usually does unconsciously in his sleep. I snuggled into his chest and sighed, it was very comfortable and even though I’m mad at him I’ll still enjoy his warmth. I fell asleep that way only being woken by Blaze.

“Sage, get up. You need to pack.” I was being roughly shaken by him in an attempt to wake me up from my peaceful slumber.

“Pack for what?” I groaned turning over and slowly trying to fall back asleep. I wasn’t going to the office with Blaze and school was for a couple more hours.

“No, Sage get up. Unless you want me to pack for you.” I jumped out of the bed with speed, because just the thought of Blaze touching my more private things would be awkward.

“I thought that’d get you up,” He chuckled shooting me a wink. I just rolled my eyes and headed into the closet with him. There were Louis Vuttion suitcases on the floor, the black for Blaze and the brown for me, I assume.

“We are we going, anyway?” I asked stuffing some bras and underwear into my bag, trying to make sure Blaze doesn’t see. He didn’t because he was looking at his more normal clothes and picking out which ones he was going to take.

“We are going to Hawaii. I have a conference with the branch of my father’s company that’s there, and I thought if I brought you along we could have a little vacation and have fun.” His response caused me to laugh so hard I was clutching my stomach on the floor.

“You? Have fun? No offense Blaze but you have fun, for like 40 minutes before you get all, I’ll suffer in my silence and bring everyone else’s mood down.” I told him while I finally got up looking for summery outfits, because this is Hawaii and it’s only the end of fall it’ll still be nice out. He didn’t speak for a while but when he did he was angry, that much was evident in his voice.

“I do too have fun! And I don’t bring peoples’ mood down!” All I could do was laugh because he sounded like a little four year old that wasn’t getting his way.

“Stop laughing,” he grumbled. Then a look of an idea washed over his face. “I bet that after my meeting is over, that I can have fun the whole week we’re there.” I looked up into his eyes to make sure he was telling the truth.

“Okay bet.” I shook his hand and he pulled me up off the floor. “No complaining, just going with the flow.” I added, hoping he would comply.

He looked as if he didn’t want to agree but he did, shaking his head and turning back to his clothing rack. I put a couple of neutral colors, and beachy sandals in my bad and zipped it up. I had everything I needed to go.

I left Blaze in the closet to sulk and I traveled out into the living room with my suitcase, where Zac was sitting eating a bowl of cereal with his suitcase next to the door. I squealed and hugged Zac’s neck.

“You’re going too? Yay! I’m excited; I won’t be alone with Moody Blaze. But he promised he’d have fun!” Blaze chose that time to emerge out of the room, and he saw me hugging Zac’s neck.

“Whatever you two have going on, should stay in the house. I don’t want Paparazzi getting a hold of this. Whatever this is,” Blaze mumbled, with an attitude and a wave of his hand, pulling his bag to the door. Was Blaze jealous of Zac and I? The thought alone of Blaze being jealous made me giddy. Eww I would never think of Zac that way, he was only a friend, a brother even. I didn’t find him attractive and he saw me the same way he saw Aubrey.

Luckily Zac had the sense to put his friend in check, “I don’t want Sage. If I wanted Sage I wouldn’t have volunteered her for you pretend fiancé thing. Dude I wouldn’t go after your girl, she’s like my sister.” Zac laughed and Blaze blushed a little but no one caught it, I barely even saw it.

“She’s not my real girl. And where’s Aubrey and Mark?” Blaze mumbled, walking into the kitchen for something to drink. Well that dampened my mood a little but, then the fact that Aubrey and Mark were coming got me even more excited.

“Aubrey and Mark are coming!” I exclaimed getting even more excited.

Once we arrived at the airport I was shaking in anticipation. For one, I was scared to ride planes, and for two, I’ve been on one before.

Blaze led us to the terminal for his private jet. I don’t know why I expected anything less than the best from Blaze anyway. Of course he’s too wealthy to take a normal plane or first class even. I was going to make Blaze have fun, even if it kills him.

When we finally boarded and was ready for takeoff I was literally shaking in my boots. The lady on the intercom told us to buckle up and I took that as a challenge. I buckled the belt so tightly that I was barely breathing; my hands grasped the arm rests as if I would fall out of the seat, and my head was pressed so far back into the seat that I was sure I would leave an imprint.

Aubrey and Mark were laughing over a magazine they were looking at, the cover looked familiar but I was too panicked to even pay attention to it.

Zac was in his seat looking at me in concern and Blaze was nonchalantly lounging in his chair paying attention to his business I-phone. Once the plane took off, there was a little bit of turbulence that sent me over the edge. I screamed and started to freak out squirming in my chair, I had to get out I wanted fresh air. I was beginning to be claustrophobic and confined in the seat was helping.

Zac nudged Blaze, who just glanced over me at first, but then once I once he did a double take he dropped his phone on the floor and immediately ran over to me.

“Sage what’s wrong?” He asked like a dumbass, I was scared and I definitely wasn’t going to answer his question. My breaths were coming out in short pants and my shaking had developed into eerily still movements.

Blaze unbuckled my seatbelt and pulled me out of my chair. He brought me over to his seat and wrapped his arms around me, whispering comforting words into my ears. This must of have been a dream because Blaze was acting too sweet. He rubbed my back and shushed me, till I fell asleep.

I didn’t wake up for hours and when I did it was definitely dark outside. The intercom told us that we had 30 minutes until we reached out destination. I looked down at my position, and Blaze was soundly asleep, grumbling a few words sometimes. It was utterly adorable how he held me until I calmed down, it’s just the thought of being in the air so long in a confining space and no way out or fresh air scared me.

The intercom spoke again and told us we had to put our seatbelts on again because we were about to land. I looked down at Blaze under my eyelashes and slowly shook him. His green eyes opened slowly and bore into mine.

“Wake up we’re about to land, and thank you for helping me,” I whispered before placing my lips on his cheek in a tender kiss. I got up and woke up the rest of the group on the plane. I looked back at Blaze who was still sitting in the same spot I left him in staring at me with a strange look in his eyes.

I didn’t question it. I just sat back down in my seat and closed my eyes preparing for the landing.

When we got off the plane I was walking shakily to get out bags. My legs were wobbly and I felt like I was going to throw up, plus I was tired. Which I learned is the definition of Jet Lag. We hoped in a Cadillac truck and arrived at a beautiful top class hotel.

“Is this own-“ I started but Blaze answered my question, before I could finish.

“Yes, we do own this particular hotel. It’s nice isn’t it?” Was he actually asking me a question? But he did promise that he would be ‘fun’ whatever his definition is, I’m going to make him relax and get work off of his mind.

We walked into the hotel and Blaze was checking us in and I glanced towards the door seeing a familiar brunette head of hair. I thought nothing of it, until I heard two screeches. My head snapped towards the entrance and I was disturbed at what I saw.

I looked at Zac’s face who was staring in frustration and annoyance, and Aubrey who had a sour look on her face. Mark looked as if he rather be anywhere other than here, so I assume that he grew up with them too.

I heard Blaze mumble something along the lines of “He didn’t.”

And Zac replied bitterly, “He fuckin’ did.”

I had no idea who ‘he’ was but I guess he decided to invite Marnie and Stacy to ruin our Hawaii trip.

You'll be meeting a new character next chapter. What will she be like?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 4.4K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
11.7K 246 12
WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. IT SUCKS. A LOT AND ALL YOU WILL WANT TO DO IS THROW YOUR DEVICE ACROSS THE ROOM AND MAKE THIS BOOK DISAPPEAR...
1.6K 61 10
Before she died Johnny's mother set up a college fund for Robby, but the money will only pay out if Johnny is married. Daniel decides to help him.
434 21 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...