My Mate's Desire (Mature)

By manila1

What do you think? More

My Mate's Desire
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Loner
Chapter 2: Confrontation
Chapter 3: The Amused
Chapter 4: The Troubled
Chapter 5: The Unlucky
Chapter 7: The Anonymous
Chapter 8: The Truth
Chapter 9: Common Sense
Chapter 10: The Explained
Chapter 11: The Secret
Chapter 12: The Trip
Chapter 13: The Past
Chapter 14: The Continuation of the Past
Chapter 15: Dream
Chapter 16: The Jealous
Chapter 17: Z
Chapter 18: Derek
Author's Note: #1
Chapter 19: Fail at Bribery
Chapter 20: The Wish
Chapter 20.5: Prom
Chapter 21: Self-Control
Chapter 22: The Idea
Chapter 23: Illusion
Chapter 24: Drama Drama
Chapter 25: Non-existent
Chapter 26: The Envelope
Chapter 27: Truth
Author's Note: #2
Chapter 28: Ready
Chapter 29: Easy
Another Note
Chapter 30:
Authors note
The End of Part One
Yo
Discussion
Newest Book

Chapter 6: The Acknowleged

25.1K 474 53
By manila1

The Acknowledged

Tomari

"Tomari, do you still not get it?" He tilted my chin down so that I met his eyes which, if you ask me, was a total mistake on his part. There was no way I could answer him now even if the question wasn't rhetorical. Once our eyes met all of my retorts and replies disappeared in my throat. How is this possible? How is it that one man can make me speechless just from a look? I swallowed the lump in my throat or tried to anyways. Do I still not get it he asks. How come he gets all the cool lines when I'm stuck with none? That's totally unfair if you ask me. "Tomari?"

Oh, so maybe the question wasn't rhetorical. I slowly let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. "Its not that I don't get it," I mutter. "I do, or at least part of me does anyways. The other part doesn't want acknowledge it." I answered honestly.

He didn't say anything right away, and watched me for what seemed like eternity. I suddenly wondered if his knees were killing him as he'd been kneeling down on the floor for quite some time now. "Tomari. Close your eyes." I rose my eyebrows in confusion. "Just do it."

Ugh, I thought. Any other day I would have responded with a smart comment for him giving me orders. "O...Kay," I mumbled, still wondering what he was up to.

I couldn't see him but I could feel him watching me, and hear him breathing in shallow breaths. He took away his hand, leaving me feeling suddenly cold, and his voice was quiet when he spoke, yet there was a trace of something in his voice I didn't understand.

"Do you like it here?"

"Yes." I answered almost instantly, and although I wasn't sure what exactly 'here' was I knew that as long as he was by my side I'd always like whatever 'here' was.

I had a sneaking suspicion about what he was doing. It was a truth exercise. As long as I didn't look at him I could answer honestly because I couldn't see his expressions. If I looked at him while he asked these questions I would more than likely lie or avoid them. Very clever, I thought and then tried not to smile.

"What do you like about it?"

"The woods," I replied but then thought better of it. "The pack, the name of the town, the naïve humans... Just about everything."

"Then what are you afraid of?"

I tried to stop myself from answering. I really did, but once I opened my mouth the words just grew arms and legs and came out on their own. "The pack. The pack and... you."

He was quiet for a moment. "Why the pack," he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Why the pack, Devlyn? Why do you think?" I asked rhetorically through clenched teeth. "Mine was completely librated with only a few survivors. Everyone I ever knew were killed right before my eyes including my mother, father, and friends. Well, they weren't really friends but they were people I've known since childhood.

Do you honestly believe I'd even want to join another one after that? I don't think I could survive another attack. I don't want to see something like that again, and I'm afraid I will if I stay any longer." I shrugged. "Maybe I just wasn't meant to be in a pack." I whisper the last part. Again he didn't speak for a while, leaving me to believe I'd fallen asleep.

"You don't think I can protect you from that?"

"From what?"

"From a repeat of six years ago."

I shook my head. "Maybe you can maybe you can't, but that doesn't mean you'll always be able to protect me from any harm that comes my way." I sighed. "The Rogues are here, Devlyn. The odds of you guarding me from their attacks seem pretty low if you ask me."

I heard him shift back and off his knees, so I was guessing he was sitting on his butt now. Maybe his knees really were killing him after all. "Why are you afraid of me?"

"What?"

"Earlier you said you were afraid of the pack and me." Shit. I was hoping he hadn't heard me say him. "¿Por qué?"

"Why? I'm not sure really." It wasn't him I was afraid of. It was my react-

"Then is it safer to say you aren't afraid of me, but your reactions towards me is what scares you?"

I swallowed the lump I felt rising in my throat. How'd he figure it out? He'd taken the words exactly out of my thoughts. It was almost like he'd read my mind. Wasn't that considered cheating in this so called truth exercise? "If you're wondering whether or not I read your mind, I didn't." He told me. "I just know you, that's all."

Bullshit. No one knows me that well. I felt fingers grasp my wrist and pull me forward, and I landed on something hard. My eyes fluttered open, and once again came in contact with those brown gems. I now knew that I'd landed on his chest with my body centered in between his legs. "Yes, I know you just that well." I started to call bullshit on that one too, but he looked so serious that... Shit. I can't think properly with him looking at me like this. I have to look away. If I don't I'll forget. Forget... Damn. What was I trying not to forget?

"Do you understand now?"

Even before I realized it I found myself nodding slowly. Yes. I now understood completely though I was cursing myself for not holding out a bit longer. I loved Devlyn, and loved him probably more than I loved myself. It was times like this- times when he made me acknowledge the simplest things, things that I didn't even want to realize- that I loved him so much.

It explained why I got said dark look on my face whenever anyone threatened to take him away from me. It explained why I couldn't concentrate on anything with him standing next to me or why I got so nervous when he appeared on my doorstep or even a guilty feeling whenever I did something I knew he didn't like. I saw something in his eyes then that caused my breath to hitch.

Holy shit.

Yep.

I loved Devlyn James. It was probably a good thing though. I mean, he was my mate after all... But there was no way I was admitting it aloud. Uh uh. No fucking way. I'd have to just act normal and play it cool.

Show me how to lie 

You're getting better all the time 

And turning all against the one  

is an art that's hard to teach!

I  scrambled off of him at the sound.

Another clever word  

sets off an unsuspecting herd 

And as you step back in the line  

a mob jumps to their feet.

I let out a breath. So much for playing it cool, I thought. It was just my phone. Well, actually it was just Z calling. 'You're Gonna Go Far Kid' by The Offspring. It was our favorite song.

Now dance fucker dance 

man he never had a chance 

And no one even knew  

it was really only you

And now you steal away 

Take him out today 

Nice work you did 

you're gonna go far kid!

I sighed heavily and crawled over to the dresser because I was just too tired to stand.

With a thousand lies and a good disguise 

Hit 'em right between the eyes 

Hit 'em right between the-

"Hello?"

"What the hell, Mari! Where are you?"

"Nice to talk to you too, Z." I could feel him glaring at me through the phone. I smiled. "What do you need?"

"You were supposed to come over, remember?"

Oh shit. I totally forgot. I thought I was supposed to have done something..."Now I do. Yesterday. You're calling about this now?"

"Yeah. Are you coming or not?"

"Um..." I looked over at Devlyn. He sat and stared intently at the floor but I knew he was listening intently. "Well, let's see. Its six now. From here to your place that's about ten minutes..." That left thirty minutes to around two hours of video gaming. Twenty minutes of arguing about me leaving before I actually left, and then the actual ten minutes to get home. I probably wasn't going to come back until ten. I sighed. "Probably not, Xavier. I'm too tired. I promise I'll come on Friday."

"Alright. Talk to you later."

Click.

I tossed my phone back onto the dresser and flopped onto my bed, observing the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing in the world. I'd just said no to hanging out with Z only because I didn't want Devlyn to be upset. Wow. But what bugged me more than the thought of upsetting Devlyn was the thought that I'd actually forgotten all about Alan and Z.

I didn't just forget about them, but their whole existence. What kind of friend was I? For two days I didn't even remember having best friends named Xavier and Alan. For the first time ever I finally realize that we live in two different worlds. No matter how much I wanted to believe otherwise. But that didn't stop the... hurt? Yeah. That didn't stop the hurt from running through my veins. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Tomari," I heard Devlyn say. His voice was coming from above me, I think. "You could have gone."

"I know, but I didn't want to have to come back with a big bad wolf waiting for me at home." I could feel him smiling at me. "Whats with that look?"

"Its just that you called this place your home."

Anywhere with him is considered home. Didn't he know that? "Yeah? Well... Oh shut up," I said finally when I couldn't think of a retort. He chuckled.

"I'm going to bed then. Night." On impulse I reached for his arm and ended up with his sleeve instead, my gaze focusing on my grip. "What is it?"

When I spoke there was a small lace of fear in it. "I... You... Will you sleep in here tonight? Or... at least... um... hold me until I fall asleep?" I admit I was afraid to sleep alone. The nightmares grew more frightening each night. How was it possible after six years I hadn't a clue. He didn't say a thing. As if understanding my fear of sleeping alone he just nodded and climbed into bed, holding me close to his chest. I snuggled up close to him and closed my eyes. I don't know why but when he pulled the covers over us I felt the overwhelming need to cry. 

-----

"I hate you." I grumbled at Devlyn as we walked to his car.

"Sure you do."

"Why am I going again?" I asked, pouting.

"Because we need food," he replied simply.

"I don't see why you need me to get food. Besides, there's food at my house. Why can't we just stop there?" He shot me a look and I rolled my eyes. Because the Rogues probably ate it all, I heard him think. "Oh shut up. I highly doubt that. They're conquerors not hobos."

"You just don't want to go grocery shopping."

I put on my seat belt as he put the car in gear. "You're damn right I don't want to go grocery shopping. I hate shopping. I even hate the word shopping."

"You don't seem to hate it when it involves books."

"That's different. When you're going to buy books, you don't say 'I'm going book shopping' you say 'I'm going to the bookstore.'"

He chuckled, and I gave up. "No one's making you go, Tomari."

"What the hell?" I exclaimed. "Then how do you explain what just happened back there, No One?"

*What just happened back there...*

I'd just gotten out of the shower when there was a knock on my door. "Give me a sec." I muttered and grabbed some clothes from my closet. I knew whoever was on the other side of the door could hear me perfectly. I had just yanked on my jeans when the door to my room opened.

I glared at an innocent looking Devlyn while breathing a sigh of relief. I was glad I'd put on my bra before my jeans. "I didn't know you were changing."

"Bullshit."

I know what you're thinking. Why aren't I trying to cover myself up when there's a man in the room? Aren't I being too obvious with my love for Devlyn? Well, I'll tell you. I'm not. This is just me. I don't care who sees me half naked or naked. Don't get me wrong. How do I explain this properly without you all thinking I'm a slut?

I said that I don't care but that doesn't mean I let just anyone see me like this. Humans seem to think being naked around others is a sin, even if everyone is born that way. That's the difference between us and them. Wolves don't care because its completely natural. When we Change from and to our human form we're naked.

Again, don't get me wrong. This doesn't mean we just prance anywhere naked as long as we're with our own kind. But it is normal to be walking and suddenly trip over a naked werewolf. Besides, its not like we sit there and gawk at every sexy naked body we see.

"Not bullshit." he retaliated as he leaned against the door. I mumbled something under my breath before tossing my tank top onto the bed. I always put my shirt on last. It went undergarments, jeans, shoes, and then shirt.

I glanced at him and catching him staring. "See something you like?" I spun around. He didn't answer. I shook my head before sitting down to put on my shoes. When I finished I stood and looked at him, not bothering to reach for my shirt. Yes, I was such a tease. "Did you want something?" He didn't answer, but I swear his eyes were darker than I've ever seen them. Black, actually. "Yo. Devlyn," I snapped my fingers.

He blinked as if snapping out of a trance. "Huh?"

"Stop gawking at my wonderful body and pay attention." I swear his cheeks grew red. I grinned. "Did you want something?"

"Yeah."

I waited for him to continue on but he didn't. I shook my head and snatched up my shirt and walked towards the door which he happened to be leaning on. "Men," I muttered. "What is it?" I asked louder.

"What?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," I replied amused, now putting on the red tank top. "What did you want?"

"Oh. Right. We're going grocery shopping."

"Well, good luck with that."

"You and I are going grocery shopping." He reiterated.

"What?" My eyes snapped to his. They were back to their original color. "No. I'm not."

"Yes. You are."

When I shook my head he nodded.

"No, I'm not."

His eyes darkened again, and he slowly licked his lips. My eyes immediately followed the movement. "That's fine then. We can just do other things."

I swiped my tongue over my lips, thinking about his words. What exactly did he mean by other things? The more I thought about it the more I found I didn't like the way he said "other". It didn't sound good, and I told him so. He gave me a cunning smile. I told him I didn't like that smile either. He grabbed me before I could run like I wanted to and pressed me against the door. And then he leaned in before lightly touching his lips to mine.

If this was what he said when he mentioned "other things" then I was perfectly fine with it. He began to pick up speed with the kiss, nipping my bottom lip so he could enter my mouth while taking the hem of my shirt with his hands and hiking it up. I couldn't help the moan that escaped my lips. His hands slowly trailed up and down my stomach before landing on my waist to pick me up. My legs instantly went around his waist. He broke the kiss to trail kisses down my neck as he pushed me harder into the door. And then, without warning, he bit me.

It wasn't enough to break skin, but my neck was one of my sensitive spots. Before I knew it I was laughing uncontrollably while trying to get out of his grip. Whenever I moved he moved with me. "Stop it!" I tried to say in between laughs. "Stop it you jerk!"

"Are you coming to the store with me?" He whispered in my ear.

"N-" He bit me again.

We went on like this for another minute before I realized the only way to stop him was to distract him. He was a man after all. Every time he bit me I'd grind my hips against his. This also went on for another half a minute.

"Stop doing that," He growled into my neck for the umpteenth time, his words laced in lust. "I won't be able to hold back any longer."

"Not my problem." I whispered in his ear as I caught my breath. "Stop biting me and I'll stop torturing you."

He chuckled lowly. "You've been torturing me ever since I saw you."

"I told you to wait a second but you just barged in."

"That not what I mean." And then suddenly I did know what he meant. The first time we met.

"Dreams or reality?"

"Both." He nuzzled his face into my neck. He wasn't growling anymore. "But once I saw you outside my dreams it got worse."

"Yeah?" I asked after a while. "Back then I was leaning more towards conflicted."

"Really?" He asked after a bit.

"Well, yeah. Submitting to you as the equivalent to death. Not succumbing to you was a ways of survival even if I was made just for you." I thought about it. "So maybe conflicted isn't the word. Its more like stubborn."

He chuckled. "Is that a confession?"

I snorted. "You wish."

He seemed to let me go reluctantly. "Yeah... I do." Before I could ask him what he meant he smiled. "Are you coming or not?"

"No."

He sighed heavily. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this."

My eyes narrowed at him suspiciously. "Do wha- Woah!" I yelled when he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Devlyn!" I growled as he opened the door and started for the stairs. "Put me down!"

"I will when we're outside."

"No!" I yelled, kicking. "Devlyn don't make me go! I don't want to!" On the way down the stairs and hall we passed a couple of servants who wore amused expressions. Some even chuckled. "Devlyn! Don't make me got to the grocery store! Please. Didn't you say you'd protect me from all the bad things?" I tried. "This is one of them."

"No, its not."

"I thought you loved me!"

"I did and still do." He replied with a laugh. "Love's got nothing to do with this, my lovely flower." I was still kicking and yelling when we reached the front door. He turned, locked the door, and then put me on the ground. "If you run, I'll catch you."

"If you come after me I'll just teleport." I replied in a neutral tone. I know what you're thinking. Why didn't I do that in the first place? If I glitched while he held me he would have come with me. But only because he was touching, which defeated the sole purpose of poofing in the first place. Otherwise I'd have done it already.

"And then we'd have to do this all over again."

"I hate you," I grumbled as I stomped over to the car.

*Present*

"Oh stop pouting, Mari."

"Leave me alone. I'm not talking to you for the rest of the ride." I crossed my arms and looked out the window. And I didn't for the rest the five minute drive.

I knew I was acting like a little kid but I really hated shopping. At my place I didn't have much food, and whenever I needed something I'd stop and get it on the way home or ask Z to do the shopping for me. Or I'd just eat at his house. However I never needed to do it much because I always skipped eating for a couple of days, sometimes a week.

When we pulled up I hopped out the car and headed inside without a word. Once we got inside I took a deep breath. Okay. Tantrum over. Now I could think. Wait a minute... "Why are we even here?"

He turned and looked at me when I stopped walking. "For food?"

"Uh duh." I knew what we were here for but what I didn't get was why we were here. "But why? You live in a mansion, Devlyn James. You have enough food there to last a whole year." Yes, I went through all their kitchens the other day. All five of them. It took me hours to find my room again. "You don't need food. And even if you did, why not ask the maids or butlers?"

He seemed to stare at me forever before answering. "I don't like asking them for stuff. If I do I'll get used to it and become lazy." I thought about it before nodding and started walking again. "Besides, I wanted to do something with you."

I felt my cheeks grow hot and looked away from him. Don't say such innocent things, idiot! "Um... What all do we need? It must not be much since we don't have a basket."

"Well, I was kind of thinking having the cooks make cheesecake for dessert. And then...." 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*--*-----+-*-*+

What do you think?

Awww Would you look at that? They're going grocery shopping together. That's only one out of one... two... three... four things that makes them a couple, yeah? 

You just missed it! I finished this chapter earlier (an hour ago actually) and when I went to type something half of it got deleted!! But thankfully I remembered everything (^3^).

Hey guys! Mani here!! As I was looking over this chapter I suddenly realized that none of you know how Devlyn and Tomari met. I was thinking of doing a side chapter about it, but I'm not sure if you guys want to know or not. The only way I can guarantee it'll happen is if you guys want it to happen.

Speaking of side chapters, I was thinking about making that my thing. You know, just random chapters that may or may not have anything to do with the actual plot or story line. For instance, one of them can be about how Devlyn and Tomari first me. Another could be about how they met in their past life maybe as humans (pirates, ninjas, or thieves maybe?) and then another about Xavier's theories on how the world will end and what happened to dinosaurs... Ah! I'm rambling but you see what I'm getting at.

That's all for now. Remember to comment on whether or not you want the story on how they first met, and of course, the side stories in general. Please don't say "do whatever you like" because the only reason I'm asking is so I know what I should do for the next chapter. I can't seem to choose. I believe that's all for now... ^-^ Ja Mata (see you later)!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703 1 19
2K 27 17
28.4K 970 25