The Baby Project *unfinished...

By Tammie_Rose

Maya is just an ordinary teenage girl. She's finally a Junior at Oakwood Highschool and what's even better is... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Update!!
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Update thingy
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
THANKYOU
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Massive Apologies
Chapter Thirty Two
The End of an Era

Chapter Twenty Eight

3.6K 94 11
By Tammie_Rose

Can I just say thank you all SO much for reading this. I can't believe The Baby Project has 116k reads!! It's insane!! Thank you ALL <3

-

When I woke up, the sun filtered through the window and hit my eyes. Scrunching my face, I brought my arm up to shield myself from the rays, taking in a deep breath and sighing. 'Time to get ready for school', I thought, before suddenly I removed my arm and closed my eyes. 'No, it isn't.' Because today was ditching day. After agreeing with Tyson yesterday to spend today with him, I was stressing about it all night. Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked at the clock on my beside table. 7:00am. I guess I could sleep in for a few more hours? But wait, wouldn't Mum come and wake me? I was about to give in to defeat when I realised Mum had work early today, so she shouldn't be there to tell me to get up. Looks like sleep it is.

But I couldn't sleep, no matter how much I tried I couldn't force my eyes to shut or make my brain take me away to the dreamland. Instead I stayed awake, thinking up all the possible worst outcomes that today could have. What if I missed a test? Or an important assignment? But then I remembered Sarah and Angelica and knew that there was no way I was going to school today, not with those two waiting for me. Thinking about Sarah made my heart shatter, so I quickly jumped up from my bed with a glance at the clock. 8:00. 

I made my way down to the kitchen easily, taking my time as I stepped down each step, my eyes focusing on the photos on the wall beside me. I didn't realise I was smiling until I could feel the strain in my cheek muscles, so I gave a little laugh and made my way into the kitchen.

I had no idea what to have for breakfast. Toast? Cereal? Was there a special 'i'm ditching school for the first time ever' breakfast? I settled on strawberry jam toast with a glass of orange juice. I ate it easily, managing to swallow it despite the rebelling butterflies in my stomach. After I had finished, I chucked the dishes into the sink and made my way up to my room again, sitting on the edge of my bed.

I reached for my phone, and found myself frowning when I saw I had no new messages. Putting it back, I looked around my room, and realised I didn't know what to do. Usually at this time I'd almost be ready to head out the door, but here I am, still in my pjs, sitting on my bed with messing hair.

Eventually I decided it'd probably be a good idea to have a shower, so I did. The hot water was relaxing and helped ease away some of the fears I was grasping about today. But, as soon as I stepped out of the warm cocoon, all the fearful thoughts came rushing back. But I pushed them away. Dressing myself into a white patterned dress.  I made my way over to the bed once again, and smiled when I saw my phone screen flashing. Grabbing it, I read the text.

"When do you want to meet up?" was the text I had gotten from Tyson. I thought for a moment. I wanted to go soon, to get on with it and let my fears slide away, but I also didn't want him to think I'm over-enthusiastic, so I settled with an hour from now. 

"How about 10?" I sent back, with a smiley face at the end. I got a reply in barely a minute.

"Sounds great, meet at Rosies?" A bigger smile came onto my face, we started at Rosie's yesterday and yesterday's date had turned out to be great.

"Awesome, see you then x" And send. But then I realised I had sent an x, and immediately I began to scold myself. An X Maya? Really? Isn't it too soon for that? He's going to think I'm crazy and clingy and weird. Ugh.

But when he sent back, "Seya xxx", my heart thumped in my chest and I realised I was being stupid. Tyson and I, we weren't just friends anymore, and as much as it shocked me to say, I wanted to send him x's and I wanted him to send them back. I wanted to spend the day with him, I couldn't wait to feel his lips on mine again or look into his chocolate-brown eyes. I wanted to see him, now.

"Actually, how about 15 minutes?" I texted back before I could stop myself.

"Okay! See you soon, then! x"

Woo, this was the Maya I wanted to be. I laughed to myself. If only the past Maya could see me now, sending texts to my possible boyfriend about hanging out with eachother on a school day. A big smile was on my face now, as I ran into the bathroom to do my makeup.

I decided I simple look would suffice, so I just put on some concealer,  foundation, a light pink lipgloss, mascara and some eyeliner. My hair was looking pretty good already, so I just ran my hand through it and sprayed some hairspray on. Smiling at my appearance, I quickly ran my drawers, deciding on what accessories to bring. I chose a simple shoulder bag, with a few gold bracelets and a pair of sunglasses, seeing that it was awfully sunny outside. I slipped on some black boots, and was ready to go. Grabbing my phone and slipping in into my bad, I made my way through the house, before leaving, locking the door with my house keys behind me.

I actually could not wait to see Tyson again, and was feeling pretty confident in what I was wearing. It felt odd, realising I wanted Tyson to be impressed, I wasn't sure if I liked the feeling or not.

I got to Rosie's a few minutes early, so I just sat outside on the green bench, my eyes drifting to the sky above me. I watched the clouds for moments, before I felt someone sit down beside me. I looked over, and smiled greatly when I saw it was Tyson. His brown hair was ruffled, yet it looked good. He had a tight fitting, long sleeved shirt on, black skinny jeans a pair of converse shoes. I quickly adverted my eyes from his bottom half, feeling a slight blush creep it's way onto my face.

"Hey." he said simply, his eyes quickly taking in my appearance. "You look great."

I smiled, giggling lightly, "Thank you. You don't look half bad, if I do say so myself." I said with a cheeky smile, and Tyson gave me my favourite 'crinkly eyed' smile.

"So, want to grab a coffee or something before I take you on this adventure?" he asked, and I felt my heart thump. Adventure?

"Definitely."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 5 5
CHARACTER: -KATANA -LANA How to love without expecting anything in return. It all began in a Catholic school where katana experienced to love uncondi...
297K 10.1K 44
What will happen when the guy you've been crushing for what feels like forever is paired with your best friend on a fake marriage and you get stuck w...
25 6 7
Maya West lives a pretty normal life apart from her childhood trauma when an earthquake turns her world upside down and she falls in love with the la...
18.6K 492 43
"my life had changed in ways I couldn't rearrange and all I saw was you." • • • Maya catches feelings for a new student. She's never felt this way in...