Protecting What's Mine(Comple...

By BelindaPeters-Waine

I had a choice. Either way I was losing them though. But I'd rather they keep breathing. Living a life with... More

Prologue-The Day I Died
Chapter One - 6 Years Later
Chapter Two - A Deal Gone Wrong
Chapter Three - Trust Me
Chapter Four - Shattered Hearts
Chapter Five - The Truth Is Out
Chapter Six - My Girls
Chapter Seven - Things You Dont Want To Hear
Chapter Eight - A Nightmare
Chapter Nine - North Star
Chapter Ten - My Very Own Doctor
Chapter Eleven - Always His Trouble
Chapter Twelve - Im Listening
Chapter Thirteen - My Honey
Chapter Fourteen - Almost Home
Chapter Fifteen - Dress up
Chapter Sixteen - All In Or All Out?
Chapter Seventeen - A Life For A Life
Chapter Eighteen - Push That Button
Chapter Nineteen - The Things You Do For The Ones You Love
Chapter TwentyOne - A Old Friend
Chapter TwentyTwo - Sleeping Beauty, Volto & The Real Reason
Chapter TwentyThree - The Day I Survived
Chapter TwentyFour - A Hair Cut & Temporary Goodbye's
Chapter TwentyFive - Sang Reborn
Chapter TwentySix - Peyton & Rylie
Chapter TwentySeven - Home Is Where The Heart Is
Author's Note
Epilogue
I need to say this...

Chapter Twenty - A Heart

3.7K 235 34
By BelindaPeters-Waine

Please remember when reading this chapter that I am not a doctor!! Thank you:)

Chapter Twenty - A Heart
•North•

Sean goes in the Ambulance with Sang, making sure that the paramedics take her to The Academy Hospital. Luke, Kota and Gabriel go in another while the rest of us jump into our cars. On the way to the hospital, I go through every read light, get flashed for speeding and almost hit an old lady walking across the road with her dog but I can't bring myself to care.

All I can think about is Sang. When I heard that gun fire, my heart stopped beating in my damn chest and the sight before me is something that will stay with me forever. The way Sang's body jerked as she was shot the chest, blood splattering and coating her t-shirt. But somehow, that beautiful girl still managed to raise her gun and shoot it three times, killing Jason Storm within seconds. As he went down though, he managed to shoot Sang again and that's when it really registered in my head what had happened.

The asshole I was throwing fists at got forgotten as I bellowed her name and ran towards her. She was talking at first but then she just stopped and some part of me wondered, just for a second, if she would leave us this time, for real, and never come back.

I find a parking spot at the hospital and run towards the entrance. I can see anyone but then a siren sounds outside and nurses rush by me. I can only follow.

The doors to the ambulance open and the paramedics lead Sang out on a stretcher. A paramedic straddles her, pushing his hands into her chest. "What's wrong with her?" I turn to Sean. "What the fuck is wrong with her?"

Tears stream down his cheeks. "Her heart stopped beating. They've been trying to bring her back for the last two minutes."

That's when my world stops.

It stopped before when we got that knock at the door from the police, saying Sang had died in a car accident at the scene.

It started spinning again only yesterday morning when she looked absolutely fucking stunning standing there in that parking lot spewing all kinds of bullshit.

And not even twenty four hours later it stops again.

•Sean•

I rush down the hall with North by my side, following Sang down to surgery. I asked Dr Roberts to be paged so I'm not surprised when I see him coming from the opposite direction. He looks at the darling girl on the bed before looking to me. "Sean, what's going on?"

I come to a stop and look past him to the bed that holds my whole heart and then back to the man that's been like a father to me for years. "Long story short, Sang faked her death. Not because she wanted to, but because she had to. Jason Storm, head of Storm Mafia had her because she was paying of a debt that belongs to her father, the reason she did what she did." I pause, raking my fingers through my hair. "You know we had that follower?" I had told him about it many times and he always said if we didn't feel in danger then to not investigate it but we put a vote to it two nights ago and decided to find out who it was.

I'm glad we did.

"Yes." Dr Roberts replies.

"Well, that was Sang. All this time, it's been Sang. We found this out not even twenty four hours ago." I tell him. "As you know we was on a mission to take Storm down but Sang helped. Things went crazy and Storm himself was holding Owen at gun point. Sang the silly beautiful girl pushed him out the way, firing her own gun at Storm but receiving to bullets herself."

"Jesus Christ."

"Phil, you have to help her." I plead. "Her heart, it stopped beating. We've just got her back, we can't lose her again."

"Where are the twins?"

"With Erica and Uncle." I tell him. Once we got the twins out of school, Kayli took them to Erica's and Uncle then took them for a weekend away. "You have to help her."

"I'll do everything I can, you know I will." And with that Dr Roberts turns and heads through the doors to surgery. No point in me following, I'm a family member and will only be asked to leave.

North slumps down against the wall and I follow suit, putting my head between my raised knees.

One by one my brothers arrive. Kota has a bandage around his head and Luke I'm lipping. Sang's brothers have been patched up also. We all sit down the corridor, silently praying that Sang pulls through.

•Luke•

My leg hurts but not as much as my heart right now. My eyes are closed, my head rolling back on the wall. I just checked the time and it's gone five am. We've been here three hours already, waiting. No words have been said, not that they need too.

We're all thinking, wishing and hoping for the same thing. That Sang pulls through. That she lives.

When I heard those shots going off, I thought my life was over. Even with having a knife hanging from my leg I tried to get to her, tried to let her know I was there. I screamed her name, I know I did. Everything else is blur. But that moment. She protected us, just like she promised.

•Silas•

The whole thing plays in my head.

Sang pushing Owen away.

Sang turning towards Storm.

Sang raising her gun.

Storm pulling his trigger.

Sang bleeding from her chest.

Sang pulling her trigger.

One. Two. Three.

Sang stumbling back when a bullet went into her stomach.

Falling to the ground.

Hearing the crack of her skull hitting the concrete.

I've never in my life been so scared.

•Owen•

She took those bullets for me. They were supposed to be mine but instead they were hers. The moment I felt her body crash into mine and pushing me away, I knew what she was doing. She was keeping her word, making good on her promise. It's wasn't her job to protect us though; it was our job to protect her.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I remove it, seeing I have a text. I open it, happy that an old enemy was able to help me out with this task.

Unknown: I have Sorenson.

•Kota•

Footsteps come down the hall and I try to count them but my head is pounding from where I was pushed into the wall, banging my head so hard I passed out for a minute. I have a concussion, which doesn't surprise me.

I look up when the footsteps stop. Seeing Dr Roberts I push myself to my feet, hope blooming on my chest.

"How is she?" At my question, my brothers, Kayli and her guys plus Sang's brothers all stand, hovering around the good doctor.

"The gunshot wound to her abdomen area tore into Sang's stomach. We've removed the bullet and stitched up her stomach. The gunshot to her chest skimmed her heart by a centimetre, so she is very lucky. It did burst an artery but we've fixed that." Dr Roberts says and a sigh of relief leaves me.

"So she's going to okay?" Nathan asks, his eyes wide.

"It still to soon to tell. However, I have put her into an induced coma. When she banged her head it caused swelling to the brain, which is why we've put her in the coma."

"Brain damage?" Sean asks.

"I can't tell you that until she wakes up, if she wakes up." Dr Roberts looks at each of us, his eyes lingering on Sang's brothers for a moment. He don't know who they are. "The next twenty four to forty eight hours are going to be critical. You have to understand that I have done everything I can. The rest is up to Sang." Then he turns to Sang's brothers. "I'm not sure we've met before."

Adam holds his hand out. "I'm Adam, Sang's oldest brother. That's Logan, Lewis and Elliot."

Dr Roberts looks surprised. "Brothers?" He shakes his head. "I think we do need to sit down and catch up so I can hear the whole story but right now I'm going to get that beautiful girl out of surgery and take her down to the ICU."

"Will she have her room?" Luke asks.

"I've already arranged for her to have her own room knowing none of you will want to leave once you step foot inside." He pauses and looks us over. We all look mess; our clothes have blood on them along with dirt and other stuff from the floor of the arena from fighting. "Maybe you should all go and shower first and change your clothes. She'll be here when you get back." He then turns on his heel and leaves us.

"He's right. Let's go back to the house and get cleaned up. We can come back after." Owen says and we all nod. He looks towards Sang's brothers and Cammie who is cuddled into Lewis' side. "You can come back also, get a shower or whatever."

"Thanks Owen." Adam says with a nod.

"Let's go."

As we walk out of the hospital I can only pray that Sang finds the strength to pull through this. It's all down to her now; she can't leave us again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 3.2K 24
This was the first fanfic I ever wrote and I hope you enjoy it! Like, Share, Comment, Vote, Fan, Follow, whatever you want to do! lol **Synopsis** ...
46.1K 4K 25
When Gabriel and Sang are assigned to watch over bullying happening in a children's art class, Sang is on cloud nine that she actually gets to help w...
You Again By Lya

Fanfiction

168K 7.4K 38
After the Ashley Waters mission, the Blackbourne Team and Sang were planning on spending time together. When an important mission comes up, they leav...
20.3K 1.1K 62
A young girl named Sang Sorenson has had a rough life. Since she was very little, all she can remember is pain and suffering. She does not really rem...