Sympathy For The Devil

By kellybellefiction

Sookie is a 2,000 year old faery princess who gets tangled into the world of vampires, once again, when the v... More

1. Sympathy for the Devil
2. Indestructible
3. Forever
4. The Pretender
5. Hurt
7. Holland Road
8. Back in Black
9. War Pigs
10. Viva la Vida
12. Through Glass
13. Seven Devils
14. Never Say Never

6. The Sound of Winter

88 0 0
By kellybellefiction

Medusa smiles, Judas lips
Open arms and finger tips
Love bites and Recompense
I'll be with you until the end

Lets walk through the fire together
Disappear in the golden sands

It's all in your face
I see you break
It's like the sound of winter
The bleeding love, the silent escape
You've got to hang on to yourself

It's all in your face
I see you break
It's like the sound of winter
The bleeding love, the silent escape
You've got to hang on to yourself
It's like the sound of winter

The Sound of Winter

By: Bush

Sookie could feel her power draining. The Fellowship obviously didn't know about her kind, however most modern buildings were riddled with iron. This entire basement was made of it. She tried to use her light, but that just drained her even more—she was going to have to use her wit to survive. The Newlins' thought she was just a fangbanger, so that could work to her advantage. Sighing, she dropped to the ground, taking off her shoes.

"Godric, are you in here? I'm really fucking pissed at you!" she yelled, waiting for a response. When she got none, she listened for the void that his mind would create, yet felt nothing. It was daytime, however, so she knew it was a long shot. She was going to have to wait until darkness fell for either Godric or Eric to come searching for her. Eric would know something was wrong when he woke, and she wasn't there.

Sookie tried to rest while she waited for night to fall, but she couldn't fall fully asleep while cornered as she was. If Godric was here, she was going to be pissed. There's no way these idiots could have taken him—he would have had to have stumbled in to them, or they had taken him during his daytime rest—neither of which being appealing options.

As Sookie mulled those things over, she heard the door to the basement being opened. She braced herself, knowing that she had little to no use of her powers. A large man came down the stairs, and his thoughts said he was named Gabe, and that he had no kind feelings towards her or vampires. He reached the gate to her holding cell, and unlocked the padlock. Sookie was ready—she had one good shot of her light, but then that would be it. He stepped into the cell, and she shot him square in the chest. He stumbled backwards, but then lunged at her.

"What the fuck are you?" he asked her, pushing her into a shelf. "Nevertheless, I should show you what it feels like to be fucked by a real man, not some dead fanger," he said, pushing her dress over her legs.

"No!" Sookie yelled, pushing him. She didn't push him far though, since her power was quickly leaving her.

Gabe threw her to the ground, tearing her dress from her body. As he began to tear her panties away as well, he was abruptly gone. When Sookie looked up, she saw Godric holding the man by the throat. He looked at Sookie, and then snapped the man's neck, letting him fall to the floor.

"Godric," Sookie said, trying to catch her breath. "Come on, we need to get out of here. There's too much iron."

With that, Godric's eyes widened slightly, and he took his shirt off, handing it to Sookie so she could cover up. "Little One, we must hurry."

She put the shirt on, and let Godric pick her up, speeding them from the basement. When they reached the hallway, they heard screams. Sookie cast her mind out, and felt Eric's void. "Eric's here," she whispered to Godric, who only nodded.

"Here, my child," he said quietly. Eric appeared at our side seconds later. "Take Sookie to safety. There was too much iron in the basement, and she must rest now."

"I am not going without you, Fader," Eric said, looking down at Godric.

"I will join you, I promise. Spill no blood on your way out."

Eric nodded curtly, and carried a rapidly declining Sookie towards the front of the church. When he saw the front exit was blocked, Sookie had him go through the main room of the church. As they were looking for the exit, Steve Newlin stopped them. He was flanked by members of his Soldiers of the Sun camp, all with guns and bows pointed at Eric and Sookie.

"Eric..." Sookie said, trying to stand on her own. She had to grab on to Eric's arm, but she was able to support most of her weight.

"You two ruined our holy bonfire," Steve Newlin said, walking towards Sookie. "But! Godric was just a vampire. Any vampire will do for our great ceremony!"

Eric began walking forward, after giving Sookie one last look. "I give myself over in exchange for Godric and the girl."

"NO!" Sookie screamed, trying to reach him. She was stopped, however, by Steve Newlin, who had a gun pointed at her head. "Eric, don't do this! Godric will come—,"

Sookie was cut off by the smell of burning flesh coming from Eric. "Release the girl, Steve."

Steve Newlin just laughed. "You actually think that I care about your fangbanger? She's gonna burn with you when the sun rises."

Steve began dragging Sookie toward the table Eric was strapped to, when the door to the main room burst open. There stood Stan, Isabelle, and every other member of Godric's nest. "Steve Newlin! You have pushed us too far. You expect us to sit on our thumbs while you round up your men to come lynch us? We'll kill you first. Same way we did your father ," Stan yelled, baring his fangs.

"Murderer!" Steve yelled, before the swarm of vampires took off through the church.

"Enough! You came for me, I assume," Godric said, standing on the balcony.

"Yes, Sheriff," Stan said, looking down.

"These people have not harmed me. You see we can coexist. Mr. Newlin, I do not wish to create blood shed when none is called for. Help me set an example. If we leave you in peace, will you do the same?" Godric said, looking at Steve.

"I will not negotiate with subhumans! Kill me. Do it. Jesus will protect me," Steve said, looking up at the sky.

Godric merely smiled, shaking his head slightly. "I am actually older than your Jesus. I wish I could have known him, but I missed it," he said. "Who of you is willing to die for this man's madness?" Godric said to the congregation. When none answered, he nodded slightly. "That's what I thought. Go home, now."

When everybody turned and walked away, Godric turned towards Sookie and Eric, and motioned for them to follow him. When they reached a black SUV, Godric ushered Sookie in first, and then climbed in after her, with Eric following him. They made the ride to Godric's home in silence. The only contact when Sookie grabbed his hand, and held on tight.

When they reached Godric's home, they got out of the car, and Godric went straight to his room, leaving Sookie and Eric in the living room.

"Wait a moment," Sookie said to Eric, as she went to follow Godric. "I'm going to go talk to him."

She reached his door, and walked in without knocking. She was still dressed in only his shirt, and she wanted to put on real clothes desperately. She found Godric sitting on his bed with his eyes closed.

"It's rude not to knock, Little One," he said, opening one eye. Sookie was about to bite back, when she say him smile slightly.

"Why were you there, Godric?" she asked him, sitting next to him on the bed.

"I...thought maybe if I offered myself, they would not come after any other vampires. I was obviously wrong," he said, taking her hands.

"Godric, I've known you for almost 2000 years. That's not everything, is it?"

"Sookie..." Godric began, "leave it alone."

"No."

"Sookie..." Godric said with warning in his tone.

"Tell me!" she yelled.

Godric's fangs clicked down, and he pinned her against the headboard. "I am tired. I am old. Older than even you. The things we—I did haunt me. I want to rest, the opportunity to be forgiven. I want to die."

"Well, I won't let you!" Sookie said, pushing at his chest. Godric just growled. Sookie knew that Godric's fuse was short, and she knew she was pushing him.

"Remember when you saved me? You don't get to give up! You and Eric are all I have left—you're my family. YOU DONT GET TO GIVE UP!" Sookie was yelling by the end, and Godric had let her go. "And Godric Nervii, you don't scare me. I know you wouldn't ever hurt me."

"I am sorry, Sookie," Godric said, bloody tears falling down his cheeks. "I lost control."

"Don't apologize. I pushed you. I knew you would snap," Sookie said, laying down beside him once again. He tucked her head beneath his chin, and they talked for the next hour about what they missed in each others lives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552 5 1
Eric and Sookie have a messy past. One that keeps trying to catch up to them. How far they get is anyone's guess. AH/AU This is a SVM/Southern Vampir...
86.8K 1.6K 86
Meghan Stackhouse (Sookie Stackhouses sister) has always had something wrong with her from a young age she learnt that if she screamed glass would sh...
74.1K 2.8K 27
"𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙙, 𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣." godric and...
2.8K 85 16
Follow the story of Theodore Stackhouse, as he comes back to bon temps after his Gran is murdered. With having the same powers as his sister, he is t...