Tough Guy Act (Gajeel x Reade...

By JustFairyTails

Hey c: I spent hours on this one, to make it just right, There will be a cute beginning at first, btw, for th... More

Disappear (Pt 1 and Prologue)
Of Course! (Lemon)
Xxxxxx A/N xxxxxX
Just Relax (COMEBACK)
AUTHOR NOTICE!
-One Line Teaser -

Powerful (Fluff)

5.8K 89 53
By JustFairyTails

Start writing your story

Hiya, Little Scales, this one will be better than the last one, trust ;3 I hope you enjoy this hopefully dramatic and tense part, and I hope it's as fluffy as a blow-dried bunny, sorry if it gets confusing and long winded <3

Enjoy x

Redfox Scales

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hands that touched you were large and gloved with worn leather, the exposed finger tips were scarred and torn up from previous battles, toughened with hard work.

"Who are you?" You said, sternly, through gritted teeth, not moving a muscle, only catching sight of the hands out of the corner of your (E/c) eyes.

"(Y/n)... It's me, Gajeel..." The hands tightened their grip on your tiny shoulders. You felt the air shift as his name set off hundreds of alarms in your head.

Something dripped onto your back and seeped through the (F/c) tank top you were wearing.

'What was that? Is he crying?' You thought, gasping at the unlikely idea.

"Gajeel?" You sighed in relief and turned to look at him. His head was hung and he was on his knees, all you could see was his wild raven hair as you looked forward.

You took his face in your (S/t) hands and tilted his head upwards, thus getting a better look at him. What you saw shocked you. He was weeping.

"What are you crying for, Gajeel? Black Steel Gajeel never cries, why start now?" You beamed through your tears and wiped Gajeel's cheeks.

"Uh, can I tell ya something?"He mumbled, sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck and turning so his gaze was elsewhere.

"Sure, what's up?" You sat back away from Gajeel and studied him, he seemed hesitant and scared, which you hadn't seen before, he looked up and caught your engrossed stare.

"It's more of a question... Ya know?" He blushed and bit his lip in shyness.

You couldn't help but laugh at his stalling, it was cute. You hummed in anticipation, it was burning holes in your mind,

"D'you wanna... go get a drink later?" He smiled and looked at you with expectant, shining eyes, he took you by the hand and got up, slowly. He was waiting for you to answer him.

'Oh my MAVIS! What the hell! He actually asked you on a DATE?!' Your usually strict conscience was leaping in joy, you finally got what you wanted for so long!

An ear-to-ear grin stretched across your face.

"I'd love to!" You giggled and looked up at him, affectionately. Your heart was having a damned party.

"Gehehehe, here, get on my shoulders, Squirt." He commanded, lifting you. You hadn't realised how tall the Dragon Slayer was until he lifted you up, gently. He was scared of hurting you again. Such a tiny girl, looked like she could snap so easily.

Gajeel was a playful guy, sometimes, if you had him in the right place at the right time. He started galloping like a horse, making you giggle. You stopped laughing and smiled down at him, he looked like he was having so much fun, with that signature toothy smirk of his plastering his face.

He noticed your quietness and looked up, his smile ceased. "Hey, what's the matter, (Y/n)?" He asked, pulling at your (F/c) jeans.

"Nothing... I just love it when you are being a goofy little lizard." You chuckle as his face turns sour at your statement.

"I ain't no little lizard, girly, watch!" He retorted, you knew what he was going to do, so, at the last second you decided to show him your hidden talents.

Without him knowing you jumped down off of his back and ran out of sight into the trees, cackling.

You had a plan...

"Iron Dragons ROAR!" He yelled, plumes of blackened smoke tumbled from his mouth and came rumbling outwards, at God speed you rushed into the firing line

You screamed in fake pain and distress , this was all part of the plan.

'I'll get him so good' You schemed in your head, smirking devilishly. This plan was dangerous, but Gajeel didn't know what you were capable of,  you waited for the attack to reach near enough distance from you and voluntarily fell over, sprawling on the grass.

"Silver Dragons Shield!" You whispered, forming an translucent barrier between you and Gajeel's attack. You layed there completely still, grimacing in mock pain

'Now we'll see how much you care, metal mouth.' You giggled in your head, your plan was to fake being hit with a powerful attack, to see if Gajeel really cared, being unreadable and all.

"Gehehe, ya see, (Y/n)? No little lizard if you ask me!" Gajeel chuckled, looking up, expecting to see you, astounded and wide eyed, but nothing. He looked around and shouted in distress, calling your name.

"(Y/N), WHERE D'YOU GO?" Gajeel yelled into the trees, he darted here, there and everywhere, you felt butterflies tickle your stomach as you watched him through the dust.

'I feel bad for doing this to you, but Gajeel, you are so mysterious and I'm sorry for having to test you.' You requip into torn clothes and muddied your face to make it more believable.

Dust settled, Gajeel caught sight of you in your torn (F/c) clothes and did a double take in disbelief.

He shot over to you as fast as possible and cradled you in his lap, stroking your (F/c) hair away from your face and shaking like a leaf.

"What the hell have I done to you, Tiny?" He choked, caressing your face, his eyes began to water in guilt, he placed his forehead onto yours and bit his lip to hold back the tears.

It dawned on him that he'd hurt the only person that loved him and he sat back to take it in. Sadness coursed his veins, he'd lost all sense of happiness. Why him?

He was angry with himself for being so reckless, so much so, he screamed bloody murder.

"DAMN YOU, METALLICANA!" his cries bellowed as dragon roars, he laid his head on your stomach and wept the sadness no-one had the power to face.

-Back at the Guild after Gajeel's roars-

"Whoa, did you hear that Happy?" chuckled Natsu, as he paused his attempts to fight Gildarts, who was sitting at the bar, also puzzled by the echoed screams.

"Aye, sir..." Said Happy, cautiously.

"Sounded like Gajeel, I hope he's okay." said Lucy, who was polishing her keys. She took a quick glance around the room, everyone was looking concerned and one after another got up. Gray was first to go outdoors to inspect the surroundings. Followed Erza, then Natsu, then Gildarts and Cana, swell as the rest of the guild.

"This way, I can smell him, he's with (Y/n)! " beckoned Wendy, she set off running, in the direction of Gajeel's scent, Gajeel's scent was metallic and laced with power, it was distinctive and luckily easy to sniff out.

-Back in the field-

Gajeel sobbed and sobbed, gripping you tight, whispering quiet words of apology as he bent over you with his forehead still on yours.

"You can wake up now, Tiny, I miss ya, okay?" He wheezed, caressing your (S/t) face with his calloused fingertips, you felt so bad for deceiving him, you had to carry on your act, just till you plucked up the courage to tell him.

"GAJEEL!" Voices called from across the field, they were running, Gajeel lifted his head slowly and saw the entire Guild tearing down the field, Gajeel sighed with relief and got up, carrying you close to him, he started picking up speed and ran as fast as he could to the leading members.

"I'm sorry, Squirt," He whispered, laying a soft kiss on your cheek as he reached Erza and Natsu.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER, BASTARD?" Screeched Natsu, he took you from Gajeel, who was reluctant to let go, still hanging his head in shame.

A low growl rumbled in Gajeel's throat.

"You're pissin' me off, Pyro." He purred through his teeth.

Natsu placed you gently into Laxus' arms and stepped up nose to nose with the mountain of iron muscle

You stirred in your faked sleep and the group fell to silence, watching you closely, wide eyed and hopeful.

The only ones still not hushed were the bickering Dragon Slayers, who were butting heads and cursing at each other.

'Here goes nothing...' You thought, giving up on your game, you felt cruel doing that to Gajeel, it was obvious he really cared.

"G-Gajeel...?" You croaked, your (E/c) eyes flickered open and looked about, everyone circled around to witness your 'awakening'. You winced as the bright sunlight shone directly onto your face, blinding you.

Everyone sighed in relief as you lifted your head, hugging each other.

"Where's Gajeel?" Lucy frowned, scanning the field. He was no-where to be found, Natsu had since rejoined the crowd to watch the show.

"(Y/n)... What powers can you use?" Natsu asked, completely ignoring Lucy, he and most of the others had never seen your power before, you giggled as Natsu practically flew with anticipation, standing on his tiptoes.

"Here, (Y/N)." Mumbled Laxus, putting you on your feet and holding you steady.

"I use 3 different types of magic, Ice Maker Magic...." You explained, holding out your hand, a small dragon appeared in the palm of your hand, glittering, you handed it to Natsu, slowly, and let him study it, he grinned and said "It's Igneel! Thanks, (Y/n)!" and he carefully cradled it like a baby.

You smile in return and address the others.

"I also use Requip, like Erza." You carried on, demonstrating by requipping into a shiny (F/c) set of armour. Erza looked at you in envy, tongue in cheek. "That's a cheap variation of my original magic..." she puffed, folding her arms in denial.

"The third one is a secret..." You muttered, suddenly remembering that a mysterious mountain of metal had disappeared. Pursing your lips, you stare into the horizon, suddenly flustered with anxiety.

"GAJEEL!" You roared, in frustration,  only dragon slayers had the power to roar like their foster parents, the dragons. Everyone gawked at your sudden outburst, overtaken by amazement.

A distant, deeper roar echoed through the trees, no one knew where to look, either at you, the short (H/c) haired beauty with the roar of the beast or the direction of the reply. You requipped out of the armour that you wore into a (f/c) dress, much like Wendy's, before setting off towards the sound of the roar.

'I've gotcha now, mister.' you mused in your head

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Called Laxus and Erza, they chased you down, but stopped and accepted you were never going to stop.

You ran as fast as your body would let you, feet pounding against the grass with every step.

-Short Time skip that you were waiting for-

You caught sight of a tall being, walking towards you, familiar raven hair and attire. It stopped and stared you, before bounding it's way across the field, you knew who it was straight away...

'Gajeel!' you were overjoyed and relieved to see him again.

He crouched down and extended his arms, ready for your embrace, toothy grin stapled to his face.

"GAJEEEEELLL!" You screamed like a teenager at a One Direction concert, darting forward in streams of joyous tears.

"Gehehe, TINY!" He sounded equally as emotional, what have you done to the infamous Black Steel Gajeel? He's a damn wreck!

He lifted you and twirled you around like an ice skater, taking you into a tight hug before placing you on his shoulders and hopping back down to the few guild members who hadn't given up and gone home back to the guild. Natsu and Gray blushed and cooed as Gajeel trotted past them, you and him laughing like psychos.

The cooing was soon hushed after a prompt glare from Gajeel.

"Get a room..." Whispered Natsu, but being Natsu, he should have just yelled it instead, he was never a talented whisperer, and got an elbow to the ribs from Gray, poor thing.

"Shut up, Lava breath." You chuckle, playing with Gajeel's midnight locks as he carried you back home, to the guildhall.

Then it dawns on you, he never told you why he was crying that afternoon.

'I'll question you later, Gajeel' You smiled down at his happy expression and decide to hold of on anything too sensitive, just for the sake of Gajeel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Little Scales.

Whew, what a segment, 1970 words of pure tension and drama. I am so tired now, I hope you really enjoyed my imaginative and OTT fanfic and I will be putting another one up, as soon as my imagination stops suffering from Writer's Block. ...

Follow and vote,

Love

Redfox Scales xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 5.8K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
323K 9.7K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
618K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
241K 11.1K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...