One Daunting Night

By dreamingofmars

(This story is horrifying and horrible I dearly suggest you never open in because not only is it written terr... More

Pre-face
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 41 - Mature.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 1

260K 4.9K 1.1K
By dreamingofmars

 Chapter 1 – unedited (Written 21/6/2013) Xander to the side. 

*Sunday 12th May* ~Two Weeks Pregnant~

Pregnant the Clearblue stick confirms. It had been two weeks since the night, and she had just started experiencing early symptoms. 

Her parents still have no clue about it and have forced her to stay home all week. Crying, Ara slid her back down her bathroom door sending out loud sobs. 

She bought five different tests. Four including the last one came out positive and one came negative. Who could beat the odds, she was pregnant. 

She wrapped her arms around her knees, sobbing loudly into them. Her parents were away at work while she stays home alone. 

Her life was ruined. She can't abort the baby; she doesn't have to heart to kill something inside of her. So that's completely out of the question. 

Adoption or keep it were her options. She's slowly going against adoption, even though she wants the best life for her baby she knows that her baby once she meets her will probably hate her for giving her up. 

Who knows, if she did give up her baby and then moved on with her life, what would the baby think. The baby could think that he or she is unwanted. 

And she did not want that to happen. 

Her heart, so innocent and pure it just wasn't possible to find an efficient way out of this. 

She certainly cannot tell anyone. She was going to graduate soon – the bump won't get too big and she'll probably be able to go unnoticed. 

Ara wiped away her tears and quickly wrapped the tests in toilet paper and threw them in the bin, to make sure they go unnoticed. The last thing she needs is her parents to find out and probably kick her out before she could explain. 

As she leans on the rim of the sink, she stares into the mirror at the puffy-red-eyed girl staring back at her. She looked exhausted, not getting enough sleep as paranoia got the best of her. 

But who could blame her? She slept with the first person who gave her attention. She can barely touch it without feeling dirty and violated. As she heard the front door opened, she knew it was her parents. 

Quickly, she splashed her face with cold water and wiped it away.

"Ara? Sweetie, where are you? I bought some milo, liked you ask!" Teresa yells from downstairs. Ara brushes her hair quickly then exits the bathroom with a small fake smile.

"Hey Mom. I was just in the bathroom, and thanks for the milo!" Ara greets her mother, picking up the large green cylinder can full of chocolate powder. 

She kisses her mother's cheek before rushing quickly into the kitchen. She's apparently been craving milo for the week she has been sick. In fact, she has no idea why she's been craving it. She's also been craving for strawberry ice cream. And she absolutely loathes strawberry ice cream. 

And strawberries. 

The milo was probably the only thing that brought a real smile on her face. Even without the cravings, she loved milo and craved it on a daily basis. 

She makes milo as her mom stores the groceries into the cabinet and the fridge. Anxiety gets to Ara, her stomach twisting and turning. 

Her Mom is just across the room, absolutely clueless to what's happened to her own daughter. She was pregnant at 17. 

Her palms were sweating a little, so she placed them over the steaming cup of milo where it will look like the heat of the drink is making her hot.

It was all a mess now. Everything in her life. 

She takes the cup out and settles down in the corner of the black couch, taking sips every now and then.

She was scared; she had no idea what to do. What is she going to do with this baby growing in her stomach? 

Could she put it in an orphanage? What if nobody wanted the baby? Would he or she feel so unwanted? Ara was worried about all this. 

The baby may not be planned, may have not supposed to exist yet, but it does. It's not like she doesn't want the baby, it's just that she wouldn't want one until later in the future when she's got everything planned out and starting to get on the road of living a full and exciting life.

Now she's yet to have a baby in 8 months and a couple of weeks. It was scary to think about it, she's all alone in this. There's no father of the baby. Because he was a stranger she slept with at some party, and all she could remember about his was his strange eyes.

Her thoughts were jumbled up. What about college? How was she going to apply to it? She's smart and she knows it. A perfect 4.0 GPA has gotten her offers from everywhere. 

Everywhere. She could go anywhere she wanted. She could get out of state, out of town. She could go somewhere, for a fresh start to raise her baby. 

That was it. She could leave, to get away. A sort of new fresh start, except she's got a new responsibility. That's what she needs. 

It's absolutely perfect, she could go to New York and take up that offer of being a model, that way she could provide for her unborn child. 

But then her aunt would find out. And her aunt could tell her Mom. 

But we've all got to make sacrifices. If I want the best for myself and this baby, I'll do anything. She thinks to herself. It's all a possibility. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Xander wakes up, having experienced a horrible dream. He had a good night, a very good night. The brunette next to him is proof. He had forgotten her name, but no one cared. 

He was startled awake, trying to get rid of the horrifying dream. He was confused as to why he's been getting dreams like this every night since the party. 

He was also confused as to why he couldn't get with a girl as easy as he used to. It was like he felt disgusted. 

Last night, it was alright but it wasn't as great as he expected. In fact, now he's starting to feel disgusted with himself. 

The brunette wakes up, rubbing her eyes and covering her body with the sheets. 

She yawns, smiling. She was a good looker alright, but he still felt disgusted.

"Good morning, baby." She tells him softly. 

"Get out." He states, getting out of the bed and puts on boxers. 

Tears rim her eyes. He doesn't feel guilty about her at all, he just feels so – so disgusted with himself. 

"W-wha-what about last night?" She cries. She thought that they were together. She thought they were forever. She knew his intentions, he told her before but she thought she'd be that girl to change the ways. 

"I already told you. Now get out." He growls. He was in desperate need of a shower and wanted the brunette to get out of his room. 

"How could you use me like that?" She cries. Maybe I can change his mind. She thinks. But it was no use. He already told her his intentions, and she agreed.

"Look. I already told you it was for one night. Now get out." He snaps, grabbing a pair of jeans and a white V-neck. 

"Soulless bastard." She calls him, flipping him off as she hurriedly puts on her clothes and rushes out the door to save herself from anymore embarrassment. 

He sighs, sitting on his bed. Last night to him actually wasn't good. He felt nothing. He didn't even feel pleasure, but she sure did. 

And the dream he had after that, he had no idea what it meant. 

I mean, what does a recurring dream about this blue-eyed girl mean? He thinks. He never saw it, and has no idea why it's been replaying in his head since three weeks ago. 

It wasn't nice to imagine someone else's face when he was getting it on with someone. He felt like something was wrong with him. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He couldn't stop thinking about his dream, the party. 

A knock is heard on his door, bringing him out of his thoughts. 

"Come in." He yells from the inside. The door opens to reveal the Silver moon Pack's beta – the pack that they are staying with – Tom Stone. 

"Sir, your father would like you to join him in Alpha's coordination's in half an hour." He states, waiting for Xander to give his nod of appreciation. When he does, the door closes and Xander immediately falls to the bed.

He has yet to wait to take full responsibility as Alpha, but still must attend meetings and all to help out the best he can and have an idea on what to do when he takes the throne. 

Alpha – especially when you are one of all packs around the world – is a responsibility that is incredibly important. Fooling around and messing about is not what you get to deserve the title. But that's what Xander does.

He does like the idea of being king, but he first must prove himself loyal and trustworthy. Though, before all that he wants to make sure he gets to live his life. 

After taking a shower and cleaning himself up, he makes it in time for the meeting. All around is his father, the Silver moon Pack's Alpha and Beta adding their sons, Sebastian and his father and the third in commands. The third in command is in charge of all the training and fighting within the pack, making sure each wolf is specially trained for each case and defend for themselves.

Xander stands by the door, leaning against the wall beside it with one ankle crossed over the other and his arms folded against his chest. 

His father had laid out a map on the table of the land that the Silver moon Pack own. It was a large portion of the state, including lots of forests and neighbourhoods of others. 

Including Ara's house.

The Silver moon Pack has asked for their assistance after a large rogue attack injuring many. Lots of them were humans; a few were luckily injured whilst others went missing, with their bodies never to be found. 

Xander will be staying in California for a while whilst his father will go back and forth to do his job. 

So far in the meeting, they focused on finding the whereabouts of the rogues – which will lead to any missing humans or pack members. 

Xander did his best to keep his head in the game, he tried to focus but he couldn't get his dream out of his head. Not only at night, but all day the dream still will haunt him. 

********** 

© 2013, rinnyhere

**2020 edit: only minor changes to get rid of the initial storyline.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 1.4K 20
Celeste and Theo's lives are thrown into chaos when he discovers she's expecting a child just as their war with the Belrose pack commences and her ho...
1.9M 47.6K 34
"My heart palpitated in my chest as my eyes settled on the beast of the man, my mate, his lips curled away from his teeth and he snarled at anyone wh...
16K 1.2K 46
Jake Anderson is an Omega werewolf with no wealth or pedigree. Thrust into a world where mate pairings are no longer a reality, he must take a gamble...
459K 26K 24
How do you fight the Moon? The King has fallen to a God. The world is gathering, surrounding the Northern hemisphere on all side, crushing, strangli...