Wounded: Our Journey Home

Od misshijabi3

(Book 1) Completed: February 13th 2016 Highest rank: #05 on the what's hot list 12/1/15 Tuesday Reached 100k... Více

Wounded
Prologue
Wounded- Chapter One
Wounded- Chapter Two
Wounded- Chapter Three
Wounded- Chapter Four
Wounded- Chapter Five
Wounded- Chapter Six
EID MUBARAK!!! (Eid-ul-Fitr)
Wounded- Chapter Seven
Wounded- Chapter Eight
Wounded- Chapter Nine
Wounded- Chapter Ten
Wounded- Chapter Eleven
Wounded- Chapter Twelve
Wounded- Chapter Thirteen
Wounded- Chapter Fourteen
Wounded- Chapter Fifteen
Wounded- Chapter Sixteen
Wounded- Chapter Seventeen
Wounded- Chapter Eighteen
EID MUBARAK!!!(Eid-ul-Adha)
Wounded- Chapter Nineteen
Wounded- Chapter Twenty
Wounded- Chapter Twenty One
Characters
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Two
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Three
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Four
Authors note
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Five
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Six
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Seven
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Eight
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Nine
Wounded- Chapter Thirty
Wounded- Chapter Thirty One
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Two
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Three
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Four
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Five
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Six
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Seven
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Eight
Wounded- Chapter Forty
Authors note (important...)
Wounded- Chapter Forty One
Wounded- Chapter Forty Two
Wounded- Chapter Forty Three
Wounded- Chapter Forty Four
Wounded- Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter + Mothers day
I'm leaving... Wattpad!
Good news!
SafiyahGraphics
Sequel: Collided

Wounded- Chapter Thirty Nine

3.2K 193 22
Od misshijabi3

Edited:

nextupdate won't be for a while on account of planning for it. Please read the random question at the end...

Ayah:
October 30th

"So, who are we meeting with?"

"The realtors name is..." Jafar let go of my hand to check the paper, then reconnected our fingers, a smile on his face. "...Quinn Fox. She's suppose to be the best in town."

"This is so exciting," I grinned, holding his hand so tightly to the point where he scolded me many ones for cutting off his circulation. We both finally agreed to go apartment hunting, and today was the best day to go. On the weekends we planned on going to visit my Uncle Yaman and Aunt Suhaila, then Jafar starts up his season again on Monday. And tomorrow is Halloween, which means no school. My voice is still nasally from my cold, but today was finally happening. I wasn't going to miss it.

"So, we're looking for a three bedroom, right?"

"Yeah," He nodded, opening up the door for me, then letting it close behind him. "Our room, the babies, and a guest room. Everywhere we visit someone has an extra room for us. I thought we should return the favor."

"Welcome to Riverside Properties. My name is David, do you have an appointment?"

"We're here to see..." I rolled my eyes in amusement as Jafar had to re-read the name. "...Quinn Fox."

"Your name?"

"J-a-f-a-r I-b-r-a-h-i-m."

The guy looked up briefly to nod at us, before pressing a button on his company phone. "Have a seat and she will arrive momentarily."

We both nodded and made our way to the comfortable looking love seat in the middle of the room, and I melted into my side.

I was now 4 months pregnant, and could barely see my feet. Well, I could see a peice of them, but definitely not when I'm lying down. It's funny to see, but not when you're in my position. Jafar loves it because the baby is growing. He caught me looking down at my stomach and smiled.

"Only five months to go."

"Maybe," I sighed, and he frowned. "I mean, some people have their babies earlier than expected. I know of a woman who had her baby at six months. Are we going to be ready in time?"

Jafar placed an arm around my shoulder, and I relaxed into him.

"We'll be ready, Insha Allah. Don't worry."

"Hello," A woman came towards us, a clipboard in her hand and her smile wide. "My name is Quinn and I'll be your realtor. We won't be looking for places today on account of me hunting them down, but dor now," She I clipped a peice of paper from the board and handed us each. "You can fill out these forms and I'll asses and get to you on what I find."

"Thank you."

"See," Jafar held his paper up with a smile. "Another step closer."

"Yeah," I nodded, but the doubts were still there.

-*-
After a long three hours of apartment hunting and only finding two that were suitable, we decided to let Quinn find some more places for us before making a decision.

Apartment number one: 3 bedroom, two bath, amazing space, but has a recurring molding issue and very loud neighbors who like to practice with their band. Apartment number two: 3 bedroom, one bath, a considerable space, but also an hour from Riverside. Plus, there is a dog park across the street which is very loud. I don't want to have to worry about the baby not being able to sleep beside some dogwalkers decided to play with their animals at the park. That's setting ourselves up for disaster. The apartment was nice, but there are so many things pointing to it being wrong.

"Hey, don't stress about this," Jafar scolded, turning on the car. "It's not good for you or the baby."

"I thought this would be easy, you know? Find the perfect place, move in, call it a day. I'm already four months along and we can't find a decent place to live."

"Quinn assured us that she would find our dream place."

"We don't have a dream place!" I exclaimed, my eyes wide, and Jafar laughed, having me glare at him, "I'm serious. We didn't go all house hunters on her, now did we?"

"No," He shook his head, an amused smile on his lips. "But I'm sure that like every episode on that show, we'll get the perfect place."

"But...."

He shook his head and leaned in, giving me a kiss and smiling at me. "No buts, okay? We'll get there."

-*-
November 3rd

"It's been too long," I complained, staring at my phone, waiting for it to answer. I feel like such a hypocrite right now. I remember telling Jafar not to do this, yet I'm doing it myself.

"Ayah, it's been a couple of days, plus everyone is getting back to work after the break. They'll call."

"Yeah, but when! This is a vital part of our lives right now."

Even when we went to visit my Aunt and Uncle the other day, I couldn't even enjoy myself because I was stressing about this; stressing about when Quinn Fox was going to call and say she found a place for us. But she hasn't, and I'm doubting that this will go well.

"She said she will call no later than a week," Jafar reminded me, a grin on his face. "It's been four days."

"You're right," I sighed and leaned back on the couch, pursing my lips lightly. "I need to take my mind off of this."

"Why don't you write?"

I shook my head. "I'm still blocked. I couldn't come up with anything right now."

Ever since I heard of this writing competition, my creative thinking just...stopped. The words aren't flowing like they used to, and I don't think they will if I don't get any good inspiration. My blocks have never lasted this long before. I've always bounced back, but this time I haven't.

"Is there anything I can do?"

I turned to Jafar with a smile and shook my head. "I wish there was. I just need to ride it out. This would be a good time to talk to Jamila, but we're currently not speaking."

"Why not? I thought you worked it out."

"I did too..."I trailed off, thinking of our last conversation. "A while ago we had a falling out. I didn't think it was major, but I was wrong."

"Does her mood have anything to do with Mua'dh?"

"Why would it?"

Jafar studied me for a second, then sighed. "You didn't know."

I looked at him in confusion. "Know what?"

"I think I know why she's been moody lately."

-*-
I walked up the walkway to my in laws house, contemplating on the situation at hand. After Jafar told me about what happened with Jamila a few weeks ago, I couldn't help to come over here. There was no wonder why she is acting the way she is. She put herself out there for a guy who just backed away from her. Granted he did the right thing, but now she's hurting and taking it out on everyone else.

All our previous tension is gone in my mind, and helping out someone close to me is next on the list.

"Ayah?" I looked up towards the open door to Jamila, who stood there with a sad frown. She looked so vulnerable right now. Normally she would appear strong and happy to others, but not right now. It looks like all the sadness in her had come out.

"Hey, Jamie," I smiled up at her, and returned it.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping we could talk," I explained and she nodded, opening up the door for me to walk in. I sat down on the couch and she followed suit, bringing her legs up to her chest, playing with a bracelet on her wrist.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

"You."

She looked up from her arm and raised an eyebrow.

"Me?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"There isn't much to talk about."

"But there is," I sat up and looked into her eyes. "Jafar told me about what happened with Mua'dh."

At the mention of his name, her eyes started to water.

"How did he know?" She whispered after a while, and I shrugged.

"I guess Mua'dh told him. I'm really sorry, Jamila. That we weren't talking for the longest time, and because I wasn't there for you when you needed it. And don't tell me you're okay, because I know you're not. You don't have to pretend with me. You can talk to me."

"I don't know why I believed him through the whole time we were talking..." She trailed off, wiping at her eyes. "I knew it was wrong yet I did it, and now look at me. Crying over a boy. How pathetic."

"Don't let this run your life, though. Don't let what he did dictate what happens next with you, because you can still be something great without him. I can promise you that."

"Thank you," She moved over to me and wrapped her arms around me in a hug, only to pull back and smile at my stomach. "You're huge!"

"I know," I smiled as well, placing a hand on my belly. "And my baby needs its Aunt. The old Jamila who doesn't let anyone push her around and goes for the gold when no one thinks she can reach the silver. Is she still in there?"

"No," She shook her head, and I frowned, feeling even sorrier for her. "But she's getting there."

-*-
November 5th

"Heh, Jay, can we talk?"

I nodded up at Jake and sat on the bleachers, him beside me. Ever since the whole Mu'adh thing, things have been tense. I can see how the politics of this town is really getting to him, and the way he's dealing with it proves it. We start playing next week and the teams looking good, but the one I want to see out there isn't. I don't blame him for not wanting to do this. I know first hand how it feels to be under pressure by this school, the team, and the fans. It's hard work, and only some can handle it. I don't really know Mu'adh like that, but there is something about him that reminds me of myself.

I just feel the need to help him out, because when I played, I didn't have someone like myself who actually is apart of the team to vouch for me. That's what made it the hardest.

"So, we start next week, huh?"

I nodded, not looking at him. "Yeah, we do," We sat in silence for the next few seconds, watching as some of the boys shot around. "Can you just spit it out?"

"Are you still trying to get the kid to play? Because district is soon, and you know we can't add a new player after that."

I laughed dryly and stood up. "Yeah, I know."

"You know that he still can be added before then, right? It's still possible."

"And why would you want him now, especially after you said you didn't?"

"I didn't say that," He argued, and I rolled my eyes. "Besides," He stood up as well, offering me a grin. "I was reminded of another guy in the same position not too long along. He turned out to be a pretty good guy." When I just looked at him in question, he shrugged. "Just saying."

-*-
Ayah:

"He was planning to propose?" Jafar asked in disbelief, running his hand up and down my arm. I nodded, folding my hands on top of my stomach as we sat on the couch in the living room, watching reruns of little house on the prairie.

"He was. I was sworn to secrecy, but now that it's over, I can finally come clean."

"At least it's finally over," He moved his hand to the top of my head, pulling back strands of hair that came loose from my messy bun. After such a long day today, I just want to relax and get some sleep.

"Yeah it's over, but now she's a different person. Sadder and more vulnerable. She's not Jamie anymore..."

"Just give her some time," Jafar placed a kiss on top of my head, then reached for the house phone as it started to ring. "Hello...yes, this is he. You did?" He looked at me wth a smile, nodding along to what the person was telling him. "Thank you, we appreciate it. That's great. Okay, goodbye. She found a place."

"Finally," I laughed, wiping away a fake drop of sweat from my forehead. "When can we see it?"

"Tomorrow. See, I told you we would be okay."

"You did. Now all we have to do is approve. I really hope it's a...Jafar, is your phone on vibrate?"

"Yeah," He nodded. "Why?"

I turned around and pulled it from underneath my head and gave it to him.

"Hello...what? When did this happen, Dani?" I watched as Jafar's face fell as he talked to her, a hand coming to wipe across his face, something he does when he's mad. "I'll be there soon...you sure? No, it's okay...yeah, bye."

"Everything okay?"

Jafar shook his head with a deep sigh. "It's Luca. He's in the hospital."

-*-
Random question: Since the next chapter with Jafar and Ayah won't be up for a while, is there a scene you want me to put of anyone else? It can be any character (s) that I've mentioned before, and whatever has the most votes, I'll do.

for example:

Safeer and Annie

Tehreem and her kids

Jamila

Whichever gets the most votes (it doesn't have to be any of the above I've mentioned) I'll write up!

Please...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.8K 357 12
Welcome to Halal fanfic' era: Assalamualaikum my reader (stars)♡ This story is about falling in love with a reverted Muslim celebrity boy...they had...
38.7K 1.5K 37
The Ahmed Trilogy Book One Can be read as a stand-alone .•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•. Zayn feels lost, devoid of his...
83K 4.4K 28
[HIGHEST Ranking : 37 in spiritual] Though people find it both funny and crazy that a little childhood proposal between two four year olds got them m...
501K 30.4K 46
Highest ranking, #1 in spiritual ( 10/7/2016 ) until ( 5/ 9/ 2016 ). How can you fix something that's already been broken, several times? I a...