Vampires vs. Trappers

By AromanticDavis

Do you like reading about how the guy gets the girl in the end, or how the girl was able to change the troubl... More

Disclaimer / Warning
Prologue
Extended Prologue: Flashback
1. To Clarify
2. To Catch You Up
3. New Enemies
4. A Heartfelt Gift
5. Desecration
6. Secrets Suspected/New Abilities
7. Black-Eyed Temper
9. Unexpected Savior
10. "Welcome Home, Ken"
11. Dream House

8. Celebrations and Bloodhounds

27 1 0
By AromanticDavis

"You ain't gettin' shït out of me, bludgersite filth! You hear me- Nothing!" Jim sneers, sure to lean his face in real close to mine, as if the tightened distance between us would somehow make his statement all the more convincing, "There ain't shït you can do to me that I haven't already been through at least ten times over." He swears through gritted teeth, not once tearing his searing hot gaze away from me.

"Oh, come now Mr. Potty Mouth, how can you say that?... You haven't even experienced me yet." I challenge casually in a low rasp while merely flicking a brow at his ignorance, yet deny him the simple satisfaction of eye contact as I lead him over to the one, dingy little chair stood in the middle of the floor.

With bare, all white walls, the entire room is bathed in low light, and simultaneously glistening with the lackluster sheen of sweat, as seen reflecting dimly off the walls. In fact, the sheer level of humidity in this room alone is so bad that you can practically taste the water in the air every time you open your mouth.

And I bet he hasn't even noticed yet...

But, back on topic- the only other piece of furnishing in the entire room is the extremely old, extremely poor excuse of a vintage chandelier hung from the ceiling, which in itself is acting as the one and only source of light; also seen dripping with condensation.

"Alright, Jimmy my boy- you just have a seat right here." I instruct as we finally come to a stop, "And be sure to get comfy now; You're going to be here a while." I state with an imitation grin, finally dragging my eyes over to the dirty, blood-soaked mess of a man stood in fractured armor beside me.

"Bite me, bïtch." he snaps back stubbornly, before proceeding to stare daggers at me and repeatedly clench his swollen and discolored jaw.

"Oh I intend to, darling, don't you worry." I wink cynically, "Now especially, considering that little stunt you pulled back at the morgue." I state, feeling my eyes subconsciously narrow a bit as I recall exactly how much of a thorn in my side he'd managed to be... Both literally and figuratively speaking.

And just as I expected, he visibly perks up at my statement- suddenly donning a sly, little smile and looking at me with a certain air of triumph about him, "Oh, you mean when I opened up your rib cage with the scrap of metal you tore off my buddy?... Ah yes, that was quite satisfying indeed." he retaliates darkly through a poorly executed impersonation of my accent, yet carries an undeniably bitter tone even though he seems to wear his arrogance and pride on his sleeve nonetheless... that is, of course, until I abruptly counter his remark.

"Oh I don't doubt it, but you wanna know what was even better than that?- Killing all of your friends, one by one, and then watching my man toss you aside like the worthless little piece of trash you are!" I taunt and then laugh in his face, "Ha! How very funny indeed!" I cackle wildly, repaying his snide sense of mockery with my own.

But then, like flipping a switch, an unamused glare takes the place of my laughter, and without even an ounce of warning, I release his arm and push him down into the chair behind him with a simple toss.

Landing with a low thud and a small grunt, he just looks down at the dark wood underneath him for a moment, and then lets out an almost relieved sigh as he settles back into it, as if to express that he was expecting worse.

Oh, so he's bored now, is he?

Raising an intrigued brow at his astoundingly cute naivety, I merely chuckle under my breath before just deciding to skip all of the fancy stuff and go straight for good ole' domineering.

Might as well save myself some time...

So, after following him down a part of the way and trapping his hands beneath my own, along the arms of the chair, I catch his line of sight and lock our eyes in such a way that wouldn't allow him to look away even if he wanted to.

"You will sit in this chair and not move a single muscle until I tell you otherwise, understood?" I order impatiently, ready to step back just as soon as he appears to be thoroughly dealt with.

But, as a surprisingly unexpected move from dear ole' Jim here- rather then simply nodding along like the mindless little slave he should be, he somehow manages to completely ignore my hypnotic effects and instead, just looks right up at me with an audaciously eerie smile.

"Sorry, cow, but that mind control hoodoo doesn't work on me." Is all he says, before cocking his head to the side and debuting a false look of dismay, "Aw, shucks, Mrs. Vampy! I guess that means you're not as all-powerful as you thought you were." he sneers in an annoyingly childlike tone, as there's no doubt he just threw me for a loop.

Well, it looks like little Jimmy here is just full of surprises...

"What in your God's name?" I question, giving in to his superiority complex for just a moment as I find myself purely baffled by the never-before-seen, completely useless outcome of domineering, "What are you, if not so easily persuaded as all mortals are?" I accuse with narrowed eyes and a pinched brow.

Feeling both confused and angered by the sheer nerve of such a puny bug, there's also no denying how equally vexed I am by the curiosity of it all.

How could a mere human evade the effects of my domineering? It shouldn't even be possible!..

"So, I guess that means you haven't figured it out yet, huh?" he scoffs wittingly, undoubtedly thinking he's clever, especially in the wake of my reluctant shock.

"Well, dämn. That's kind of surprising, considering how great you think you are..." He smirks and then suddenly looks off in what appears to be boredom.

"Oh, enough with your verbal stonewall." I growl, feeling my permanently chilled skin start to heat with agitation, "Tell me how you were just able to do that, right now, or so help me the next thing to come out of your mouth will be your tongue!" I roar, before then swiftly launching a hand up towards his face and latching it onto the chair beside him, just a hair's length away from his head.

Although, despite my admittedly honorable efforts of trying to relieve some anger through carving my nails into the aged wood of the seat, rather than his skull, I can still feel the vivid fire just behind my eyes begging for release.

"Alright, alright, I'll talk- Geez! No need to get hostile so soon, doll..." he admits after ever so subtly creeping his eyes to and from my scarily-close hand.

So, after pausing for dramatic effect, he finally leans forward and puts his lips next to my ear, only to then whisper, "I'm a warlock."

Before I can stop myself, I find that the hand that was once clamped firmly onto the chair beside his head, is now what's pushing the worthless swine away from me, via a firm grip on his face. But, finding myself unable to stop at just a cautionary shove, the next thing I know, I've shot the first two fingers of that same hand into the depth of his left shoulder. And then, without even skipping a beat, I force him back further into the chair by twisting my fingers within his torn flesh.

Responding beautifully to the pain of my guiding hand, he begins to sing the song of my people as short, hoarse groans, and other inaudible sounds of discomfort start to fall from his lips. But, despite it all, his cooperation is still a little less than satisfactory, so I simply twist and bend a little further within his shoulder until he finally gives in and falls back against the chair in submission.

Standing tall with authority all the while, I offer only a few words of warning as I take in the unmistakable look of grievance upon his face, "Waste my time again, bug, and you'll see first hand what pissing me off really looks like... Got it?" I snarl in a low, attention grabbing tone.

Once I see him nod his head, even if it is done as reluctantly as possible, I take that as a sign of his admitted defeat and withdrawal from him entirely.

Sucking in a sharp breath as soon as my fingers leave his shoulder, his head drops and his brow furrows even deeper than before, "Agh- fücking bi..." He trails off halfway through his pent up exhale, knowing he'd be far better off not finishing that particular thought.

What a waste of blood, he is... He doesn't even smell good.

Taking a moment to steady my mood and regain my cherub-like demeanor, I eventually glance back down at him after letting out a tired sigh.

Now pictured gripping onto his shoulder, and doing his best to stop the bleeding, he just sits there, finally silent.

So with nothing more than a smile, I turn to face the door, "Hey, Niall!? Would you kindly bring me some of my bindings?" I extend my voice slightly in request as I casually wipe Jim's blood off onto my already plenty-dirty blue jeans.

Only a second goes by before the door steadily creaks open, and then in pops Niall's slim figure, carrying a pile of ropes in one hand and a collection of chains in the other. Walking over with his naturally long strides, he appears to spare no curiosity- nor sympathy, for Jim as he just casually looks on in my direction with a peaceful sense of calm about him.

"Ah, thank you, darlin'... Just the two I had in mind." I acknowledge kindly, calling Niall's eyes back to me with a smile.

"So, which would you prefer then, Madam Dominant?" He jokes spiritedly with the formation of his own grin, holding his occupied hands out at odds so that I may make my choice.

Raising an intrigued brow at his well-liked antic, I exchange a thoughtful glance between Jim and the present bindings, truly considering my options, until I just shrug in conclusion and casually look up at the artificially blonde-haired sweetheart, "Both." I decide optimistically, taking both off his hands with and enticed smirk.

"Splendid choice, m'lady." he muses to himself, before then turning and heading to the door once his hands have been emptied, to allow me the courtesy of dealing with our little guest here privately. But just before he shuts the door behind himself, he pokes his head back into the room and catches my attention once again, "Oh, um- Hey, Selva? How much longer before you think you might finish up in here?" Niall inquires innocently, using the nickname he gave me many years ago as a means of kindly coaxing me to hurry along without actually coming out and saying it, "Everyone's almost ready to go..." he follows up, but fades off just as quickly as a sudden thought appears to pop into his mind, "Well, with the exception of Louis, of course, but you know how he is." he rolls his eyes at the fond familiarity of his pal's time-consuming ways.

"Not long, Aleman." I fire back playfully in return, "I've just got to tie him down nice and tight, and then have a shower." I deduce easily, thinking briefly to myself about what scented body wash I should use.

"My God... Just kill me now, why don't you? Listening to the real housewives of Vampirism is torture enough." Jim groans bitterly, seen scowling up at me while clutching onto his still bleeding shoulder.

"Oh hush, bug." I snap back, paying him little attention as I see Niall off.

"Well, I'll just leave you to it then. Have fun with bright-eyes over there." He teases, flashing me a playful smile before finally disappearing from the room, and shutting the door softly behind himself.
Smiling at Niall's words, the warm sensation sadly doesn't last long, as I look back down at Jim's ugly mug and feel a frown quickly take it's place. But rather than abruptly striking him across the face, in an albeit superficial attempt to replenish some of the joy he steals from me just by merely existing, I simply settle for a bored sigh, and undo the bundle of rope first. Whirling around him in the blink of an eye, I fasten him down nice and snug with the ropes, before settling back in front of him to do the same thing all over again with the chains. And then, after checking every not and tugging on every locked link to make sure all is secure, I flash him a bright smile and give him a soldier's salute as I chuckle all the way to the door.

"I'll be back... eventually... so, you know, just sit tight." I call back to him sarcastically over my shoulder as I reach the door, but abruptly turn back to look at him again and find that he's already glaring right back at me, "Oh, and I sure hope you had a big meal before coming to hunt us down, Mr. Mercenary, because I sure as hell don't plan on feeding you any time soon..." I flash him a devious smile, "Well, as the kids say; 'toodle-oo'." I wave obnoxiously, before blowing him a kiss directly after and stepping out of the room just in time to hear him yelling all sorts of profanities, and screaming out in pure anger and frustration.

Giggling under my breath, I just shake my head at the deliciously twisted humor of it all, and then make my way towards the closest staircase, with the intent of taking a quick shower fresh on my mind.

****

Walking into 'The White Raven' - one of the nicer, surprisingly more high-end nightclubs of 9B - with my boys on either side of me, there's simply no guessing who's going to own the night tonight.

Thumping bass, ear-rattling rhythm, nearly disorienting strobe lights, and gyrating bodies fill the large, two story building from top to bottom. In the middle of the room is an expansive, oval shaped bar section, of course already rimmed with thirsty patrons, and in the very middle of that- built on top of the tall foundation cupboards, is a round, ring-like structure with a glistening, scantily clothed woman seen dancing around within; keeping the sensual, party-vibe flowing.

Hitting the bar and nightclub scenes of the 'Mixed' District isn't usually my preferred night out, considering how bothersome the libido-luney humans can become once they've set their drunken sights on the ever-present allure of a Vamp for the night- hoping to add a supernatural notch to their belt. But other than that slight inconvenience, I guess it is a mixed district after all, and public feeding is allowed here, so what the hëll. I can swing it for a night. My boys deserve the fun anyhow.

"Dämn! I'm already seeing at least a handful of grade-A trim in here." Louis shouts to Niall over the pounding music, practically foaming at the mouth at the sight of all the seriously short skirts and dangerously low-cut dresses, panting like a love-sick pervert.

I swear, if that boy's dïck isn't in someone new at least every few days, I'm almost sure he'd spontaneously combust from the lack of friction... Not that his hand doesn't already help him out enough as is.

"Hey, womb raider, can you at least try to keep it in your pants until after we've had a round?" I yell to Louis over the loud, nearly mind-numbing beats flooding the over-populated room; a dastardly grin on my lips.

It's like the entire district is here tonight. Good God.

After simply waving me off with a playful smirk and grumbling a halfhearted "Yea, yea- sure" under his breath, he grabs Niall by the arm and drags him off toward the bar with him, nimbly weaving his way through the sea of sweating bodies.

Just as I'm about to follow suit behind them, Zayn suddenly swoops up behind me and catches my waist in his tantalizingly cool hands. Pulling my body back against his, he surprises me by nestling his head into the crook of my neck and stealing a greedy kiss just below my left ear, which in return, elicits one hëll of a welcomed chill racing down my spine.

Simply humming in time with the warm sensation, I turn my head to the side with a sinful smirk, "Someone's feeling frisky I see." I coo, stealing a quick kiss of my own, upon his beautifully smiling lips.

Grinning and moving his mouth to my neck once again, he slowly furthers his wondrous assault by peppering kisses along the stretch of my skin, "I can't help it, dove. Seeing you earlier tonight, all vicious and empowered like that- and now, in this dress- well, what can I say?... It's just really got me going." he growls seductively, sending the vibrations of his deepened, lustful voice through my freshly tingling skin, "In fact, I can't even begin to describe the multitude of things I want to do to you once we're away from all of this." he promises darkly.

"Mmm, if you aren't careful, you might just end up giving me a few less than ladylike ideas of my own." I tease, twirling around in his arms to face him directly and then draping my arms over his shoulders with my hands clasped possessively behind his neck.

Raising a hand to my face, he collects my chin between his thumb and index finger, and then pulls my lips to his. Taking my bottom lip between his teeth, he lets go of it only after he's sure he's really got my attention, all while bearing a cocky grin and hungry eyes, "That's the point, princess." he murmurs suggestively, purposely ghosting his lips against mine a little more just to drive me crazy.

Sexy mother fücker knows just how to tease me.

"We have to stop, Zaynie baby, or else there's a pretty good chance I'll just drop down and ride you right here, in front of all these poor, unsuspecting people." I chuckle darkly, taking a moment to glance around the colossal room, at the colorful array of people who are clearly too swept up in their own carnal escapades to pay us any spare mind.

"Wouldn't be the first time we've done it in a public place like this." he hums thoughtfully, biting his lip and instantly reminding me of a few outstandingly risqué times.

Looking me up and down with those searing brown eyes of his, his lips eventually curl into a knowing smirk, "But alright... I'd rather have you all to myself anyways. Let's just go get a drink before I lose all sense of self control and wind up tearing you out of that dress." he winks promisingly, then takes my hand and immediately starts to lead the way toward the bar, with me trailing close behind him under the haze of a wicked blush and a perverted little grin.

Pushing our way through the crowds upon crowds of intoxicated people, both human and Vamp alike, we eventually make our way to the bar, meeting up with the wonder-twins, who're already seen drinking something along the lines of hard liquor. Pulling me up close beside him, Zayn and I match up against the bar, to the right of the boys.

"So much for waiting for us." I nag, reaching across Zayn and whacking both Niall and Louis on the arm.

"Well excuse us for not wanting to sit here like a couple of sober fücks while you two eye-hump each other for five minutes." Louis bites back, before then taking a generous gulp from his drink to purposefully rub it in my face, all the while maintaining a direct line of smug eye contact with me.

Simply flipping him the bird as a response, I waste no time in turning to locate the bartender as a distraction from Louis' sudden attitudinal persona, but to my luck, I find that the man I seek is all the way at the other end of the bar, chatting it up with a small group of blue-eyed bunnies, each of who are sucked up into individual items of clothing almost too tight to be legal.

How trashy, even for a dodgy club scene like this.

You'll never catch me in something like that... I mean, unless of course, it's to please my alpha-Adonis in the bedroom... But that's beside the point.

Groaning in disdain at the perverted stare I can practically feel him burning into the three overly-intoxicated women all the way from here, I just settle with getting it myself.

Jumping up over the bar, I quickly land on the other side like impatient little alcohol enthusiast I am, "Alright boys, what'll it be?" I ask casually, picking up a few bottles and jokingly tossing them around in the air.

"AYE, bar-wench! Hit me with some Tequila and Jack! And make it snappy!" Louis howls, pounding on the bar obnoxiously and laughing so hard his eyes almost shut completely from the creases being dented into them.

"Bacardi and Rum for me, please." Niall edges in underneath Louis' hysterical fit of idiotic laughter - and a little more courteously too - but quickly finds himself swept up in the hype as well, and even begins to absent-mindedly bob his head along with the house music blasting out through the endless number of speakers.

Nodding in compliance with their differing orders- without even stopping to strike back at Louis endless charm, I scan over the alcoholic contents for only a moment before then starting to pull everything out as I work my eyes over to Zayn, "And what about you, handsome?" I ask with a quirked brow and a quirky smile.

"Hmm.. Got any Spirytus back there, babe?" The olive-skinned God inquires, while simultaneously peaking behind me to the many long shelves of alcohol and skimming over all the titles attentively.

"Dämn hun, that's some pretty hard shït- I'll check on that for you though." I shout back to him, battling it out against the blaring music, but right in that same moment hear someone yelling and hollering in my direction from the other end of the bar.

"Hey, what the fück are you doing!?" the physically fit bartender shouts, clearly having finally noticed me from his distracting little getaway on manwhore-island.

"Your job, apparently." I casually holler back to him, not even paying him the respect of making eye contact as I continue my search for the uncommon alcohol Zayn requested.

"You're not supposed to be back here! Get out of here, before I throw you out!" the largely built man yells, clearly becoming angry with me, "I said get out of here, woman!" he screams once more, but this time making the grave mistake of putting a hand on my shoulder.

Instantaneously stopping everything and twirling around to face him in the blink of an eye, my fingers are curled around his throat faster than he can say 'shït!'

Adding a little pressure to let him know I mean business, I nearly growl with irritation, "You'd better remove that hand Mr. Bartender, unless or course, you'd like to jack off with only one hand for the rest of your miserably short life." I threaten, flashing him a quick glimpse of the orange fire behind my eyes, and then cocking my head to the side a bit.

Widening his eyes in shock, and removing his hand from my arm so fast you'd think my skin was made of the devil's own hellfire, I then offer him a condescending smile in recognition of his wise choice, "That's better... Now, you will get back to your job and serve us whatever we want, whenever we call for you, as soon as we call for you. Got it?" I command, not even needing to domineer such a meat-head like him to get my point across and make  him see things my way.

Power and intimidation are just as effective on their own when faced against such weak-willed saps like him.

Simply nodding like a frightened child, just as I'd expected, he gulps against my hand and looks down out of clear intimidation, "Yes ma'am." he whines, trying to look anywhere but at me directly.

"Good... Well, what are you waiting for- make yourself useful and help me up onto the bar." I demand.

Extending a large, quivering hand out for me, I finally release his throat, but then wrap my fingers around his palm in exchange.

So, after easily lifting my thin frame up onto the bar-top, I turn back to him and bend over slightly to pat him on the head, "Thanks deary... Now get back to work while mama does a little dance." I smirk, bending down just a little further to grab one of the random liquor bottles present, before then turning back around and standing tall upon the long strip of bar-top as I start to move my hips and shoulders in time with the current beat.

Laughing loudly at my bold actions, in a beautiful mixture of pride and amusement, Zayn sits back on one of the adjacent bar-stools, with his arms crossed over his chest, and just watches me as I own the song booming out through the many speakers around the club. I haven't the slightest idea of what's playing, but it doesn't even matter. It's mine now, copyrights and all.

A few whistles and catcalls can be heard from all around the first floor of the club as many eyes turn to me out of either curiosity or frivolous enjoyment, and every single one of them is just further fueling my fire. Even Louis and Niall can be heard howling with laughter and beguilement from below me, egging me on even further and making me feel dämn good about it too, but after spending only a few seconds lost in the groove, my eyes land on a sweet little body about twenty feet away, swaying along with the crowd but simultaneously watching me with awestruck eyes.

In a spur of the moment decision, I make eye contact with her and hold up a hand, summoning her to me with only a few curls of my index finger and a seductive smile. Right away, the pretty young thing starts in my direction, with an obvious, eager bounce in her step, and having watched the whole ordeal unravel between the attractive stranger and I, Zayn turns to politely help the young lady up onto the bar-top along with me, as soon as she gets close enough.

"What's your name, pretty lady?" I purr into her ear just as soon as she finds her balance in front of me, immediately placing my free hand on her hip and guiding her body in time with mine.

"Jasmine." she hollers back, seeming totally tongue-tied, but smiling excitedly nonetheless and looking across at me with preciously curious eyes.

"What a lovely name.. So, how about a drink to ease the nerves, Jasy?" I ask smoothly, while shortening her name to suit my liking better, and holding the bottle up a little higher, as if she hadn't yet seen it.

Not seeming to mind the nickname in the slightest, she just nods fervently and allows her eyes to follow the bottle all the way up to her lips, before then gently closing them as I tilt it forward to pour some into her utterly tempting mouth.

Watching as some spills over her plump bottom lip and begins to drip down her chin, I quickly lift the hand from her hip and catch some of it on my finger, then bring it to my own mouth and suck it off while keeping my eyes locked on hers. Winking confidently at her, I'm not too surprised when she all but freezes in front of me, most likely never having experienced such a forward woman like myself, but despite the initial shock, it's clear to me that she's all but melting on the inside.

Chuckling to myself with particularly naughty satisfaction, I make sure to lick my lips a tad bit slower than usual as she watches, visibly breathing a little harder as she does, yet trying to get back into the music and not just stand there like a hypnotized fool.

I don't blame her though; I can be quite persuasive when I want to be.

"What's your name?" she gets up the nerve to ask, finally managing to get back into the atmospheric rhythm without struggling to focus on not wetting her panties right here and now.

"It's Selina, but don't bother calling me by name. You can just call me Madam." I inform coolly, with a tempting curl of my lips, before then casually leaning my head back and pouring some of the once random alcohol, now identified as Captain Morgan, into my own mouth and catching it all on my tongue. Not even bothering to wait for her response or reaction, I instead, abruptly lean down to Zayn, mouth still full of liquor, and press my lips to his, passing some of the cool liquid from my mouth to his.

Swallowing the spiced rum and then smiling up and me with a certain wild glimmer in his eyes, he mouths 'You're crazy', and I immediately acknowledge the gesture with a simple 'I know' and a pleased wink.

****

As soon as the calm night breeze hits my permanently chilled skin, I instantly feel ten times better. It's been at least a few weeks since I've gotten this intoxicated, but this is by far the funnest time yet. After sucking down shot after shot and drink after drink, and practically deep-throating the entire bottle of Captain I had initially used to help seduce sweet little Jasy, I decided I needed to take a breather, leaving the beautiful foreign flower with Zayn and the boys for safe-keeping. No doubt they'll keep her plenty company in my absence, but I just needed some air- metaphorically speaking, of course.

Strange how we Nightlings don't require oxygen to survive, but we can still draw breath... Hmm, I guess it's just more of a 'not depending on it to live' kind of thing... How strange, indeed.

Clearly, to question everything while intoxicated is to truly ponder in a new light.

Suddenly, just as I'm about to sit myself down on a random section of the curb a little down the way from the 'The White Raven's' busy front doors- that way I avoid the very real possibility of being stepped on or tripped over, I catch a particularly tantalizing scent on a passing breeze; one I've smelled somewhere before, if I'm not mistaken.

Instantly nabbing my curiosity and tickling my fancy, I find that my mind has gone blank in a mere matter of seconds. Going from only wanting to relax, to frantically looking around the barren streets and opposingly bustling buildings for the owner of said fragrance, it feels like my entire mindset has been rebooted around the sole concept of a dämn good smell.

It's almost as if my very sense of smell itself is being brought to the verge of orgasm, and then continuously teased to the point of feeling raw from the overexposure to such a mouth-watering essence.

I must find it.

Roughly taking on the personality of a bloodhound, I literally have to follow my nose to the best of my ability, and as a result, I end up lumbering down the street to the left of the corner-club in a sloppy, zig-zag formation. I don't even care how foolish I must look, sniffing around like a common household pet- all I can concentrate on right now is just finding it.

After walking a fairly good distance down the street - all the while in 5' inch heels, mind you - I soon come up to a part in the sidewalk, and an alleyway is seen forking off to my right, stretching down along one of the back walls of the club. Furrowing my brow in slight confusion as I round the ass-end of the club, I can just barely make out two blackened figures stood at the very end of the long strip of dark, boxed off road.

To say that this wasn't exactly what I had been expecting, would be quite the understatement, but oh well, a little 'unexpected' here and there isn't too bad, I suppose.

Lined with large black dumpsters, various forms of recycling bins, a colorful amount of graffiti, and an appalling amount of litter, this alleyway is anything but a picture of beauty, to say the very least. Also being stereotypically shrouded in pitch black darkness, and merely radiating the horrid stench of garbage, the more snobby, aristocratic part of me just wants to turn up her nose and walk away, but the other part of me- the merciless predator who doesn't mind a little dirt, wants nothing more than to continue.

It's at times like this that I truly appreciate and admire the clean streets of my District, especially in comparison to both the 'Mixed' and 'Human Only' Districts.

Anywho...

Strangely, staying almost completely still where they stand, they only appear to be exchanging words at the moment; one human man, and one Nightling woman, as far as I can tell, thanks to my drunkenly dimmed senses. From where I'm stood at the opening of the alleyway, her voice can be heard loud and clear, but the man's voice is much lower, and somewhat garbled behind the distracting hiss of steam, emanating from a nearby, cracked pipe.

Amusingly enough, she can be heard questioning him on his unique smell as well.

She must've been somewhere nearby, came across his scent, and then came running, much like myself. And even after weeding through the many repulsive trash-like smells, there's still no denying that the bewitching aroma is definitely coming from the end of this alley.

So it has to be the man- and I'll be dämned if that Vamp gets her hands on such an enticing specimen before I do.

Pearls before swine, you see...

Straightening out my fitted black dress and briskly running my fingers through my loosely curled hair, I decide it would simply be rude of me not to 'introduce' myself at this point, and then steadily make my way down the alleyway with a much straighter walk than before.

It's amazing what some tasty smelling blood can do to a person... and by person, I clearly mean Vamp.

Feeling even cockier than usual- which is really saying something, I clear my throat rather loudly, just for the purpose of drawing the huntresses attention, "Excuse me? Yoo-hoo, Miss Vampire." I call to her, forcing a sickeningly sweet tone as I slowly draw closer with each meticulously refined step.

"Not now random- I'm a little busy here." she snaps back at me crankily over her shoulder, waving me off with a poorly manicured set of nails, and not even bothering to turn around and meet my gaze like a decently mannered Vamp would.

How rude.

"Well, I can see that, and while I do appreciate you laying out the groundwork- I think I can take it from here." I address her easily, in the same light tone as before, swaying my hips all the while as I gradually lessen the distance remaining between us.

"Um, excuse you!? Just who in the fück do you think you are, bïtch?" The tall, black-haired woman finally turns around to face me, but now baring a set of glowing orange eyes and a prominent frown; only four baby fangs bared in warning- showing her truly young age in comparison to mine. Seen with her hands clamped down firmly on her hips and a brow cocked up in audacious shock, as if to say she was the all powerful one between us, I only laugh at her ignorance-based bravery and decide to let her off with a simple warning rather than dull my nails on her spine in example.

Now, while I do recall saying that all Vamps play well together - and I do still mean it - I was mainly referring to the Vamps in District 10C. You see, while the Nightlings residing here in this district are still aware of who's ultimately in charge, they're just a little less form-based, if you get what I mean.

"I think I'm your elder, and you are in my way." I growl menacingly, instantly losing the innocence in my voice, and needing only flash her my own set of blistering orange eyes to convey my point. Watching as she immediately sinks back and retracts her fangs upon recognizing me, her luminescent orange eyes also quickly fade as she drops her gaze from me altogether, basing it on the ground at my feet instead.

"Oh, M-Miss Valdintrie! My sincerest apologies, I- I, um... Please forgive me. He's all yours." she grovels, practically licking the heels of my pristine, black pumps from where she stands a few feet away, but once she's uttered her atonement, she then briskly starts to walk away from the man, muttering another short apology as she passes me, until she's completely fled the alleyway altogether.

"Hmm. It's good to be the boss." I hum to myself with a wickedly pleased grin, and then direct my focus on the mystery man, who has surprisingly managed to stay silent this entire time, "So, come here often?" I mock casually, trying my hardest not to giggle like a capricious little child at finally a  tracking down the source of the smell, and slyly stalking closer with each echoing clack of my heels against the grime-stained concrete, "Anywho... That big bad Vamp bïtch didn't hurt you, did she?" I rasp.

FIN

Song:
Gin Wigmore - 'Kill Of The Night'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527 32 15
*DISCLAIMER* I wrote this back when I was like 12 (and then went on a really long break and did the last couple chapters in 2015). This is IN NO WAY...
1.8K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...
7.4K 167 7
**COMPLETE** Louis is picked to appear on Love Island when a friend signs him up. He is pessimistic about the whole situation. That is until he meets...
49.3K 3.2K 23
Harry cherished Hannah's heart even when it was in someone else's hands.*** A marriage contract, an abusive husband and a forbidden love force Hannah...