My Horrible Ex-Husband

By Lexi_N

After a messy divorce with his husband Eli, Caleb thinks he'd never have to deal with his foolishness again... More

My Horrible Ex-Husband
Chapter One: A Most Horrible Daughter
Chapter Two: A Most Horrible Punishment
Chapter Three: A Most Horrible Ride
Chapter Four: The Most Horrible Memories
Chapter Five: The Most Horrible Thing I Could Ever Do
Chapter Six: A Most Horrible Discovery
Chapter Seven: A Most Horrible Circumstance
Chapter Eight: The Most Horrible Company
Chapter Nine: One Horrible Idea
Chapter Ten: A Most Horrible Drunk
Chapter Eleven: Eli's Most Horrible Suggestion
Chapter Twelve: A Most Horrible Therapy Session
Chapter Fourteen: A Most Horrible Visit
Chapter Fifteen: A Most Horrible Masked Figure
Chapter Sixteen: A Most Horrible Feeling
Chapter Seventeen: A Most Horrible Dinner
Chapter Eighteen: A Most Horrible Ending

Chapter Thirteen: A Second Most Horrible Therapy Session

37.3K 1.6K 236
By Lexi_N

I opened the couple’s therapy book, skimming through the pages, while Eli was at work. A lot of the techniques seemed like complete and utter bullshit to me. It talked about how partners may be afraid of commitment and to lower expectations. I wasn’t going to lower my expectations – I was going to keep them at a high. Eli needed something to reach for. It also talked about complimenting your partner every time they do something well. What was this kindergarten?

Our homework for the week was to write down something your partner did that you appreciated, and then next to it write down a reward. It was fucking classical conditioning relationship style. You ring the bell, and then give the dog the treat, so every time the bell rings, they’ll be expecting the treat. This was ridiculous.

“What are you reading?” Eli asked appearing at the doorway of my bedroom. I quickly slid the book underneath my pillow, hiding it.

“None of your business,” I huffed as he clutched a bag in his hand. “What’s that?”

“Just a gift for my sweetheart,” Eli smiled placing it on top of my bed. I rolled my eyes. He’s such a suck-up. I pulled it towards me, glancing inside. Looks like he was a tasteful suck-up – I grinned as I pulled out the shirts he had bought me.

“Oh this is nice,” I grinned as Eli sat down beside me.

“I thought you’d like it,” Eli said brushing his shoulders off. “I know you so well. There are boxers in there too.”

“Thanks,” I said sweetly. “I actually mean that.”

“I know,” Eli winked kissing me on the cheek. “You’re welcome.”

“You better not be doing this because of the therapy homework,” I retorted. I had a sneaking suspicion that’s what he was doing it for. Eli shook his head, taken aback that I would even suggest that.

“You deserve this,” Eli replied. “It’s a thank you for letting me stay here so long.”

“You don’t need to thank me,” I replied. “You could just pay my rent for the next month.”

“You’re cute, Caleb,” Eli chuckled as he walked out of my bedroom. “Oh and chapter eleven is very useful. You might want read that one.”

Curse him! He saw that I was reading that book. Damn him! Damn him! I got up quickly closing my bedroom door shut, as I pulled the book out and my scrap sheet paper for my therapy homework. I quickly scribbled down that I like when Eli buys me gifts spontaneously and wrote his reward down for that would be an affectionate hug. Nah – Not even a hug – A handshake.

I flipped to chapter eleven and glanced at the heading, compromise. He had some nerve. What was he trying to say? That I’m bad at compromising. I’m pretty damn good at it. He’s the one who can’t compromise. This was about the bed thing, wasn’t it? I don’t care what he said or did. He wasn’t sleeping in my bed with me. I didn’t trust him.

That week, Eli and I went back to therapy for our second session with Dr. Reed. Hopefully, we wouldn’t argue this time, but knowing Eli, he’d probably say something that would piss me off like usual.

“Dr. Reeds,” I said politely sitting down. She nodded, her clipboard already in her hand, as Eli sat.

“So before we share your homework, I wanted to get your thoughts on the assignment,” Dr. Reed began. “Did you make an realizations? Come to any conclusions?”

“Well Dr. Reed, I personally, found this helpful,” Eli started like usual. “I never really stopped to look at the little things that Caleb does that I appreciate.”

“Ditto,” I muttered, clutching the list of things I had jotted down.

“Would you like to start, Caleb?” she suggested.

“Sure,” I nodded, opening my paper up, and listing five things that Eli did this week that I appreciated. “1. You took out the trash without me asking you too. 2. You helped our son Michael with his homework. 3. You washed my car. 4. You bought me a nice gift and lastly, when you cooked dinner. That’s my five.”

“Eli?” Dr. Reed nodded for him to begin his list.

“My turn? Ok,” he began. “1. You did my laundry. 2. You cooked dinner every other day this week. 3. You filled my gas tank up. 4. You went on a date with me and lastly, you read the couple’s therapy book.”

Dr. Reed nodded. She was probably happy that Eli and I took the assignment seriously. I was shocked that Eli did. I was waiting for him to say something utterly and ridiculously stupid.

“So did you have any rewards in mind for these things? Caleb, you can start,” Dr. Reed said her eyes shifting to mine.

“Well, my reward, would probably be letting him sleep in my bedroom,” I sighed.

“Wait! Hold on! What?” Eli said jumping up out of his seat. “I didn’t quite hear that. Did you say I could sleep in your bed?”

“Yes, Eli,” I groaned. “You can sleep in my bed.”

“Yes! Yes! God, I love you,” Eli said a grin on his face. “Dr. Reed – you have no idea how long I’ve been sleeping on the couch.”

“I’m glad you decided to take that step, Caleb,” Dr. Reed nodded. “So, Eli, What reward did you have in mind for Caleb?”

“That’s easy,” Eli shrugged. “Oral sex – It’s his favorite.”

I blinked a few times in shock. Had he really just said that? Had he just said that he would reward me with a blowjob in front of our therapist? I clenched my fist, ready to kill Eli. If he hadn’t made me snap last time, I would have this time. He’s so lucky I told myself I wouldn’t act like that again in front of the therapist. Home, however, was open to interpretation.

“Interesting sex as a reward,” Dr. Reed nodded. “How are you and Caleb’s sex life?”

“We have to have sex for there to be a sex life,” Eli snorted.

“You slept with a younger guy right after you and I had sex,” I retorted. “What makes you think I’d ever want to hop back in bed with you?”

“I don’t know the fact that you had like five orgasms last time,” Eli said with clear sarcasm. I cleared my throat, awkwardly. I hated openly discussing the details of my sex life. That was private.

So, I’m sensing a bit of an issue with trust and self-esteem, Caleb,” Dr. Reed asked. “Were you feeling like you, perhaps, aren’t as physically appealing as a younger man?”

“A little,” I replied honestly.

“Eli, care to comment?” she asked.

“Look Caleb,” Eli began. “I’m sorry if I made you feel like you weren’t physically appealing anymore. James is nothing compared to you, ok?”

“Ok,” I nodded. “What about all the other guys you screwed?”

“Ditto,” Eli chuckled.

“You’re session is over,” Dr. Reed nodded. “Great progress today, gentleman. You have new homework for the week. I circled it in your book. Have a wonderful day.”

“You too, Dr. Reed,” Eli nodded ushering me out. He followed me out, grabbing my hand, as we walked out to the car. My eyes flickered down at his hand, as he squeezed mine tightly in his, planting a kiss on it.

“You’re pushing it, Eli,” I chuckled as we walked into the car.

“What? I’m showing my affection,” Eli grinned with a cheesy smile. “So, were you serious when you said I could sleep in your room or was that a therapy stunt?”

“I was serious,” I replied casually. “You can sleep in my room tonight but no funny business. Capisce?”

“Yeah,” Eli nodded. “You’re absolutely crystal clear.”

Even though Eli was saying that, I had a feeling he didn’t actually mean it. Knowing him for so long, I know when he’s just saying something and when he actually genuinely means it. The guy was an open book.

“I’m serious Eli,” I continued.

“Yeah I know,” he nodded. “I was serious about giving you oral too. If you want we can do it now? You know so the kids don’t interrupt later.”

“I’ll have to pass on that one,” I huffed. Eli smirked at me, giving me a playful wink. It seemed like Eli and I were actually getting along for the most part, but I didn’t want to jinx it yet by telling the kids. Every time I think things are great, something bad always happens. So, I just kept my thoughts to myself, hoping that Eli and I would keep this positive streak.

That evening, Eli prepared himself to sleep in my bed. He was already in my room at around nine o’clock, infringing on my alone time.

“Thanks again for letting me sleep in here,” Eli said coming out of the bathroom in his a t-shirt and boxers. He crawled underneath the covers, sliding beside me, as I read.

“You’re welcome,” I mumbled my eyes skimming the page of my book.

“What are you reading?” Eli asked.

“I’m trying to read Memoirs of a Geisha,” I said hinting that I would like him to be quiet. But of course, Eli didn’t take the subtle hints. He just kept on talking. I folded my book closed, placing it inside of my bedside drawer. I flicked the lamp off, turning to my side, so I could sleep. The room was in silent for a moment, before Eli started talking again.

“Do you love me, Caleb?” he asked.

“I’m trying to sleep,” I growled.

“But really? I swear I’ll let you sleep if you answer my question,” Eli replied. “Do you love me? I’ll give you a few seconds to think about it.”

“I’ll give you a few seconds to be quiet before I kick you back onto the couch,” I snorted.

“Fine – good night,” Eli replied, shifting onto his side. I closed my eyes as I felt his arms wrap around my waist. This guy was really pushing me today. He was lucky that I liked cuddling. I was ok with that, but when he started sucking and digging his teeth into my skin was when I had the issue.

“Eli! Stop it! Right now!” I growled  scooting further away from him. “I’m trying to sleep. Gosh. I have work tomorrow.”

“You know you’re extremely sexy when you’re mad,” Eli chuckled. If that was an ounce bit true, he’d be all over me all the time. I'd be virtually irresistible. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.4K 53
Amanda decided to sacrifice everything and get married just for the sake of the future of her deceased friend's baby. Thinking that everything she ha...
6K 554 42
Some people know who they are, but they are so worried about how people will react to their true selves they pretend who they are. Eli was one of the...
412 3 20
TW! Emmett's father is abusing him. His teacher comes to the rescue, but when he meets his teachers son. Both having a lot in comen. Will his terrib...
50 2 7
A newly married lesbian couple finally has there dream family. But what will happen to one of the wives, when something terrible happens? How far wil...