The Nerd, She's Back

By todaywas_afairytale

Meet Andrea Madison Wilson. The nerd. She was studying all the time and gets straight A's. She also wears gla... More

The Nerd, She's Back
Chapter 1: "Why can't people just accept who I am?"
Chapter 2: "We're moving."
Chapter 3: "Today's the day."
Chapter 5: Daddy Dearest
Chapter 6: Home Sweet Hell
Chapter 7: Shopping. Okay. What's That Again?
Chapter 8: "Yay school, that was sarcasm by the way."
Chapter 9: "And do what exactly? Watch a Teletubbies marathon?"
Chapter 10: Back Where It All Began
Chapter 11: "I Can Smell The Drama."
Chapter 12: "Well I wouldn't know. I'm not a guy."
Chapter 13: Sour Patch!
Chapter 14: Bowling with the Player
Chapter 15: Enemies & Sisters
Chapter 16: Volleyball Tryouts
Chapter 17: Fangirling Moments
Chapter 18: Unwanted Conversations
Chapter 19: Volleyball Games
Chapter 20: The Celebratory Outing
Chapter 21: Ethan's Casa

Chapter 4: "My life here WAS finally perfect, until now."

22.6K 756 167
By todaywas_afairytale

Chapter 4

Andrea's POV:

~1 year later~

London is great! I'm still the same nerd with the glasses and baggy clothes, but people respected me and didn't make fun of me. I also had friends here, not like in my old school. 

It was summer now, and I couldn't of asked for a better one. 

"Hey love!" one of my friends, Samantha said. She's British. 

"Hey babe!" said Aria. They have the cutest nicknames . . . oh British people. 

"Hey guys!" I, of course, said in my American accent. I still haven't picked up a British accent. 

"So, do you ever think about your life back in America?" Sammy asked. They were so caring towards me because they knew about my life back where I was from. 

"Well, of course. My dad and all." I said, while eating my pasta. And I did miss my dad. Even though he could be a jerk sometimes, he really did love us and I knew that. 

"But, the people who bullied you?" Aria asked. Hmm... did I miss them? Of course I did. But I still hated the things they did to me. 

"I guess... but I still hate them." I said with a smile. 

"Didn't you say that one of them was cu-" she was cut off by my phone ringing.

"Hello? Jayden?" I asked in the phone. 

"ANDY. MOM... SHE FAINTED AND SHE'S REALLY PALE. I'M BRINGING HER TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW." Jayden yelled frantically. Wait! What?! No, this can't be happening. 

"Jayden! What happened?!? Please tell me she's okay!" I said, tears almost falling. Samantha and Aria were looking at me with weird looks. 

"I don't know! I'll explain later just get here!" Jayden said. I didn't care what was happening, I had to get to the hospital, right now.

"Okay! I'm on my way!" I ran out of school and to my old truck, ignoring my friends' questions. I drove as quickly as possible. 

~ Hospital ~

I ran as fast as I can. I ran as if I was in a marathon and the finish line was just in the corner. 

"Excuse me! I'm looking for Anna Wilson!" I said to the nurses, panting. I have never been so scared my entire life. My mom was always there for me. I was so worried about her. I didn't want to lose her. I wasn't ready. 

"I-I. Your brothers' down the hall." one of the nurses said, nervously as she looked at me with pity. Wait. Why pity? Pity? This doesn't look too good. I hate pity. 

I murmered a "thank you" and ran down the hall. 

When I got there, I saw Jayden crying with his face in his hands. Please tell me it was nothing serious. Please, I'm begging you. 

"J-jayden. W-what h-happened?" I asked stuttering nervously. For some reason, I knew he was going to tell me bad news, but I still had hope that it wasn't. 

"S-she's g-g-gone." he choked out. No... no. It couldn't be. She can't be gone. Not yet. 

"W-what? H-how?" I asked now fully crying. 

"The doctor said that the bad cells quickly spread in her body, she was in the final stage and we were too late for the treatment." he said in a quick mumble. How could this be? We were too late? But there has to be a way! 

"Can I-I see h-her?" I asked crying. He nodded and led us to her room. There my mom had covers covering her. The doctor took it off and said "I'm sorry." and walked out. I looked at my mom's lifeless body and felt my whole body empty and slowly die inside. 

"M-m-mom." I cried. "Wh-y did y-you leave u-s?" I cried, my tears were falling as if it was a waterfall. But I didn't care. I had a reason to cry. The person that I dearly love the most and the one that has been there for me, is gone. And I can never see her again. 

15 minutes later and the nurses came back and covered my mom once again. They pulled me and my brother out of the room. I couldn't believe it. How could this happen to us? I had the worst luck ever. 

The doctors came up to us and handed us a letter each, "Your mom told me to give this to you guys when she, um, passed away. I'm very sorry." the doctor said and gave us the letters. 

I opened the envelope and began reading. 

Dearest Andrea, 

I'm deeply sorry that you and your brother have to go through this alone. I'm sorry that I had to leave you. But remember this, you'll always be my little Maddie. You'll always be that little girl of mine that stood up to everything and didn't back down from a fight when she was little. Remember when that little girl stole your teddy bear at daycare? You fought for your teddy bear like your life depended on it. Also, that girl who wore a smile no matter what happened. I haven't seen that  girl in a while when we were in America, but when we moved to London, I did. Which I am very happy to see. 

Remember, I will always be in your heart. I'll be there for you through your ups and downs. I'm sorry that you had to live a hard life because of me. I couldn't give you what you truly deserve. You weren't a normal teenage girl who got to shop at the mall. Or the one who got to go to parties and text away on her phone. Instead, there you are, holding a book and studying wherever you are. But baby girl, I would never change the way you are. Because you are you. And I wouldn't want you in any other way. 

You and your brother are very strong. And I want you to keep being strong until your last breath. I want you to find your prince charming, fall in love with him, and be happy. I want you to have your own family and to take care of them well. Just tell them that their grandmother loves them very much even though they will never meet me. Tell them I'm sorry for not being there on the day of their births or their birthday parties. Oh, and for not being there for their mother when she needed me the most. Tell them that, will you sweetie? I want you to find your happiness. I want you to face the world with a smile. I want you to be strong and not to let anyone bring you down. Remember sweetie, you're a Princess, don't let anyone else take you down from that castle. 

I love you so so so much. And that will never change. Thank you for being there for me through my hard times. I will always watch you from where I am and I will be up there, being proud of my daughter, like always. I love you, sweetie. And please be strong, for me. I love you. 

Love always, 

Mom 

After I read that, I was crying so much that I was suprised that there wasn't a flood of water right now. I couldn't believe it. My mom knew she was going to die. She gave up. She believed I was strong when I wasn't. I never stood up to those bullies. I was never strong. And now, I was even more weaker then before. 

Today was the day of the funeral. Our neighbors that knew mom very well came and showed their prayers. I was next to my brother right now and we were both crying. 

But after this day, I will not be the weak girl that I am right now. My mom told me to always be strong and that's what I'm going to do. And yes mom, I will find my prince charming while I'm at it. 

As my mom was being lowered to the ground, I remembered her words, "I want you to be strong and not to let anyone bring you down. Remember sweetie, your a Princess, don't let anyone else take you down from that castle. " 

"No mom. I won't let anyone take me down." 

DUN DUN DUN. I love confident Andrea! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Ooh and i HOPE you like the letter that Andrea's mom wrote for her! It was very emotional for me to write! (: Thank you!

Remember to vote/comment/fan. (: 

~todaywas_afairytale

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 7.6K 32
"So you like cuddling with me?" she asks me "if I say yes can I cuddle you more?" I ask her "No" she says to me "Then no I don't like cuddling with...
1.8M 93.9K 44
"New student, right?" the Principal asked me. I nodded meekly, hoping that he would turn out to be a patient suffering from short term memory loss an...
2K 73 33
ALL WE ARE Synopsis: [COMPLETED] He was your typical complicated entitled high school boy, to put it shortly. He drank, he smoked, he partied, and he...
310K 10.6K 38
'I had guilt that ate me out from the inside and made me want to throw up. Guilt that started as a young child and continued to fester until I was do...